Time In A Bottle Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's ok, because I want to talk to you as well about several things. So why don't you grab us some beers and take a break, ok?"

Soon they were talking and laughing about silly things from the past when Leilani got serious.

"Dad, I want to talk to you about something serious. You know that Jim and I have been getting reunited with mom over the past two years, and I have to say, she seems very happy whenever we are with her. Melanie likes her as well, so Jim is grateful for that. I want to know what you're feeling, knowing the two of you will need to act civilly tomorrow at the wedding. Because you know if either of you steps out of line, I'll take you out, as will Jim. And probably Melanie too."

"Don't worry, we'll play nicely tomorrow. We've been talking on the phone recently, and we even had lunch together several times at school. It's been difficult for me, but I think I finally don't hate her anymore. I know she wants us to get back together, and I know how she feels about me, but I still have some lingering doubts and some unresolved anger issues about the whole thing. But I promise you, tomorrow we'll be fine being in the same room together."

"I'm happy to hear that, and I know Jim and Mel will be too."

Leilani got quiet and had another serious look on her face, one that David couldn't read.

"Are you all right, baby? You look worried and very serious."

"I'm trying to find the correct words to say what I need to say to you. I know you've been alone for a long time, and I know you haven't dated anyone either. I also know how much I love you -- not just as my father, but more than that. Every wonder why I never had a serious boyfriend? It's because I kept comparing them to you -- how you treated mom and me, how you were always there for me, how you always made me feel I was the most important person in the world.

"I guess what I am trying to say is that I love you the way a woman loves a man. I always knew you watched me whenever we were on the beach or surfing or just hanging out on the lanai. Whenever I knew we were going to be alone, on the boat or on the beach, I made sure to wear the smallest bikinis I could, just so you would look at me. And every time you did, it got me wet and excited.

"There were so many times I wanted to walk over to you, kiss your mouth and put your hands on my tits. So many times I wanted to push your hands into my pussy and let you have your way. So many times I wanted you to make love to me and make me your woman. And with mom gone, I always hoped you would make a move on me. And you never did.

"I guess what it comes down to, dad, is that I want you. I want you to make love to me. I want you to push your fingers into my pussy and make me cum. I want you to slip your tongue into me and lick me until I flood your face with my juices. I want you to fuck my mouth with your dick, and then push it into my pussy and fuck me there. I want you to ravage my body, taking me whenever and wherever you want. I don't want to only be your daughter -- I want to be your lover."

There was a long silence while David took this all in. Here was his stunning, sexy daughter telling him she wanted him to fuck her. To dominate her. To make her his own. And he really didn't know how to answer her.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, he formulated an answer he hoped wouldn't hurt her.

"Sweetie, I really am at a loss for words. Yes, I've been alone for a long time, but I haven't minded much, as I had you and Jim to keep me company. And now that you both will be moving out, that does give me pause. And as much as I would love to hold your naked body next to mine, doing everything you want me to, I just can't.

"You're my daughter, and doing all that would be wrong on many levels. I do love you, and I think you are one of the most sensuous women I know. And if you were anyone else, I would've been all over you years ago.

"So as much as I would love to have you in my bed, it just can't happen, baby. And once you're out saving the oceans for us, you'll meet someone who will fulfill your every need. It's just not going to be me. Ok?"

"Do your feelings for mom have anything to do with your answer?"

"Maybe, deep down. I don't know for sure anymore."

"In that case, you need to do me a favor. Growing up, do you remember how you taught Jim and me to settle arguments and disagreements with our friends? You always said that if there was a chance the argument came about because of a mistake, and there was a chance to fix that mistake, then we needed to give the other person a second chance to make things right. If they screwed up that chance, then all bets were off, but we still needed to give them that chance.

"I think you need to do the same thing with mom -- give her a second chance. If she screws up again, then kick her ass to the curb for good. But you'll never know unless you give her that chance. And with the wedding tomorrow, that might be the time for you to start to give her that chance.

"I know deep down that you still love mom, and I know she still loves you and will do whatever she needs to do to prove it to you. Give her that chance, dad. Do it for me, for Jim, for mom, but mostly, do it for you. Ok?"

David sat quietly for a while, pondering what his daughter just said. Then he smiled at her and pulled her in close for a hug.

"When did you get so smart? I promise to think about it, ok?"

"Agreed. And dad, if I can't have you as a lover, can I still have you as the best father of all time?"

"Absolutely. And remember that no matter what, I will always love you."

Tears welled in Leilani's eyes as she listened to her father's answer, and she slowly nodded her head in agreement. Just then her phone started buzzing with a text from Jim, saying they were at the resort.

"Well, I guess we better get home and cleaned up before the aunties get there. And will you promise me at least one dance at the reception? After all, we seldom get the chance to show off our ballroom dancing skills anymore."

"I promise -- at least one dance, and maybe more. Now let's get home."

The wedding was held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, so everyone planned to stay overnight. David and Leilani had adjoining rooms, and as David was finishing getting dressed, Leilani knocked on the door.

"Dad, can you give me a hand with my dress. I can't zip it up."

David opened the door and stopped in his tracks. There was his daughter, wearing only thigh high hose and a g-string, waiting for his help.

"Aren't you forgetting some underwear, little girl?"

"Yes, but it's not my fault. I didn't realize the type of bra I needed, and I didn't pack the right one. So I need to go without, but unless someone gropes me, nobody will know. Except for you."

"And my lips are sealed. I don't want anyone to know I saw my daughter mostly naked. Come on, step into this thing so I can zip you up."

Once she was secured in her dress, Leilani twirled for her dad.

"How do I look?"

"Leilani, you will be the second most beautiful woman in attendance, second only to Mel...and that's because she's the bride. Just be sure you save me a dance or two before your dance card fills up."

The wedding ceremony was amazing, and Jim and Melanie looked incredibly happy. The reception was just down the hall from the ceremony, so the evening of dinner and dancing started right away.

After the toasts were given, the bride and groom's first dance started the evening. Years earlier, Kate had talked David and the kids into taking ballroom dancing lessons, and they all ended up loving it. Over the years they found several restaurants that hosted Big Band nights, and they danced as often as they could. So the first dance found Jim and Melanie gliding across the dance floor.

Soon it was time for the Mother-Son dance and the Daddy-Daughter dance. Finally it was time for the parents to dance together, and Jim and Leilani held their breath as Kate and David walked together to the floor. But as soon as the music started, their fears left, as their parents both sashayed around the floor as if nothing had happened between them. They danced once more before the DJ sped up the action.

"How about we leave this music to the younger ones, and get a drink? White wine ok?"

"Yes, that'll be great. Meet me on the patio so we can get some fresh air."

Moments later, David joined Kate on the patio, and they strolled through the gardens as they talked.

"Jim and Mel make a good couple, don't they? I don't think I've ever seen him smile so much."

"Me neither. I'm just sad I missed their courtship. In fact, I'm sad I missed so much of everything. David, can we sit and talk, please?"

Finding a table in a quiet part of the garden, Kate and David sat facing each other. Neither spoke for quite a while until Kate started talking, tears welling in her eyes.

"David, I am so very sorry for everything I put you through. I was stupid, self-centered, and a complete and total ass. A day doesn't go by that I don't regret what I did, and I still hold out hope that one day you will find it in your heart to forgive me. You must know I still love you -- that's something that never changed. I'm happy we've started to talk again, and that alone gives me hope. I just don't know what to do or what to say to help you understand how I feel."

"I know how you feel toward me. You've told me, as have the kids. It's just been so difficult for me, trying to figure out what I did wrong to drive you away."

"David, you did nothing wrong. I was the one who drove you away. We were so busy with our lives and with the kids' lives that we lost touch with each other, which is a part of being parents. But I took it as you not caring for me as much anymore. So I pulled away, and each time I did, I blamed you more and more."

"But why didn't you just talk to me? Why didn't you let me know how you felt? Instead of doing that, you pulled away further and ended up in the bed of another man, which is something I still can't understand. Why, Kate? Why did you do that?"

By now, Kate was almost crying, but she held the tears back as she answered David.

"Because I was a fool. We weren't talking much, and our sex life had almost disappeared. Without going into too much detail, it just happened. I had had a very successful showing, drank too much while celebrating, and lost all sense of propriety. I was giddy, drunk, horny -- and Jeff was there encouraging me to do what I had never thought I would do -- cheat on my loving husband."

By now the tears were flowing from Kate's eyes as she began sobbing. Not knowing what else to do, David pulled her into his arms and held her as she cried.

"I don't know why I didn't stop. Everything was going so well -- I was selling lots of pictures, more galleries wanted me to do shows, and I felt as if I had finally made it as an artist. It took a literal slap in the face from Jen to wake me up, and Moira telling me to get my ass home if I hoped to save my marriage. By the time I got home the next day, it was too late. And I've been trying to make it up to you and the kids ever since."

Kate was done talking, but her tears continued unabated. Soon David heard the DJ asking for the parents and the bride and groom to come forward to cut the cake.

"Katie, we need to go back inside for the cake cutting. Will you be ok?"

"I must look like absolute hell. I need to fix my makeup first. You go in and tell them I'll be right there.

"And David -- thanks for listening to me. I hope we can be ok with everything."

After the cake cutting and more pictures, Leilani walked up to her parents.

"I'm not sure what's going on, but I think you better go talk to the aunties -- especially Jen. I can't tell if she is happy or sad, but you need to go to her, mom. At this point, I think all they need is a hug and an apology."

"Do you want me to come with, Kate?"

"No. This is something I need to do alone. But can we continue our conversation later?"

"I look forward to it. Now go make your peace with your best friends."

After making up with her friends, Kate and David continued their conversation back in the garden.

"So let me ask, do you still hate me, David?"

"I was telling Leilani this just yesterday, but I realized some time ago that the hate I had for you was gone. I'm not sure when it happened, but it just disappeared, leaving loneliness in it's stead."

"So there's hope for us?"

"Where there is love, there is hope."

Just then Leilani came out to find her father.

"Come on, dad. You promised me at least one dance, and the DJ just said he was going to play some music I requested. Let's go. You too, mom."

So David and Leilani danced once, then twice, and then for a third time when the DJ slowed it way down. As they danced, Leilani pulled herself close to her father, rubbing her body against his. As she did, David's dick grew in his pants and began pushing against his daughter.

"So I guess you like having your loving daughter rubbing her body against yours, because I can feel something responding. And if you want me, I'm yours, dad. Just think how easy it will be to unzip my dress and let it fall to the floor. You know what I'm wearing underneath, so it will be so very easy for you have me naked. Just say the word, and I'll meet you in my room in 5 minutes."

"Leilani, don't go there. I'm so close to taking you up on your offer, but I just can't. Please understand. I do love you and I will always love you. But just dance with me and make all the other guys jealous."

The evening went on until the DJ announced the final dance.

"This was requested by the bride and groom, so I hope everyone joins in."

As the song cued up, David looked across the room and saw Jim, Mel, and Leilani looking at him and Kate with anticipation. As the song began, Kate gasped.

"It's our song -- Time In A Bottle. Those kids are going to make me cry again."

As the song began, David led Kate to the dance floor, where many others joined them.

If I could save time in a bottle

The first thing that I'd like to do

Is to save every day till eternity passes away

Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever

If words could make wishes come true

I'd save every day like a treasure and then

Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time

To do the things you want to do, once you find them

I've looked around enough to know

That you're the one I want to go through time with

As the song played, Kate and David were lost in their own world as they glided around the dance floor. As the song began to end, Kate's eyes filled with tears again as she mouthed the final line to David -- you're the one I want to go through time with.

As people began to leave, there were hugs, kisses, and handshakes all around. Finally, Jim, Mel, and Leilani came up to their parents and they all hugged each other tightly. Kate looked at her kids and whispered,

"Thank you for the last song. It was the perfect way to end a perfect night. See you in the morning for brunch, ok?"

Kate and David left the ballroom together, walking slowly down the hall to the elevators.

"David, would you walk me back to my room, please?"

"I'd love to."

Arriving at her room, she asked David if he'd like to come in for a nightcap.

"A nightcap? Hmmm...so what are your intentions after the nightcap?"

"My intentions are to take a shower and get into bed naked -- hopefully doing both with you."

An hour later found the couple lying together in Kate's bed.

"Just hold me, David, like you used to. I always felt safe in your arms."

Several hours later, David was woken up by the sound of Kate's voice, screaming in terror.

"No, don't shoot me. Please, don't shoot me! Somebody help me! No! David! David!"

David grabbed Kate and held her tight. Her body was trembling and tears streamed from her eyes as sobs wracked her body.

"Oh David, it was terrible. It was the same nightmare as before. I was getting shot and nobody could save me. They're back, David. Why are they back?"

"It's ok, Katie. I've got you. It was only a bad dream. Everything's going to be ok. I've got you, shhhh."

Kate cried and trembled for a long while, and David held her tight the entire time. When they realized the sun was coming up, David decided to go back to his own room.

"I better head back to my own place before anyone sees me. Will you be all right, Kate?"

"Yes. I'm going to take a shower, get dressed, and get some coffee. Thank you, David, for holding me last night. I've missed that. I've missed you. Do you think we could sit together at brunch without too many tongues wagging?"

"Let the tongues wag -- I won't care much at all. I'll see you there."

When David got back to his room, he showered and then decided to call Moira and tell her about Kate's nightmare. He was sure Kate wouldn't, and Moira needed to know.

"Moira, it's David. Sorry to wake you, but I need to talk with you."

"Do you know what time it is, David? What's so important that you had to get my hangover started this early?"

"Sorry, but it's about Kate."

Hearing that, Moira was wide-awake.

"What happened to Kate?"

"Remember those horrible nightmares she had about the shooting? She had them for months, and they finally disappeared. But they're back. I don't know for sure, but I think she's been having them for a while."

"Ok, so how do you know this?"

"I was with her last night when she had one. We were both asleep and she woke up screaming like she used to. Moira, she was so scared. She probably cried for an hour before she settled down. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't tell you, so I am."

"Wow. All right, I'll speak to her this morning if I can get her someplace private. So tell me, what were you doing with her when she had this nightmare? Are we back to sharing beds again?"

"Not that it's your business, but yes, we shared a bed last night. And all we did was talk, hold each other, and sleep. So stop being such a nosy friend and start being a professional doctor. Kate said she was going to shower and head downstairs for coffee."

"Sounds good. And don't worry, David. What you and Kate do is private and none of my business -- yet. I'll see if I can find her before brunch starts."

"Thanks, Moira. You're a good friend."

As David finished his conversation with Moira, Leilani opened the door to his room and stepped in, wearing only a long t-shirt. David smiled at her and patted the mattress next to him for her to sit.

"So, are you up early or up late?"

"I'm up early after being up late. Sit, I have something important to tell you."

Leilani sat next to her father with a perplexed look on her face.

"Last night I spent the night with your mother in her room. We showered together and we slept together -- and only sleeping. During the night, Kate woke up screaming with a nightmare, the same nightmare she used to get after the shooting. She was scared and crying and I held her until she calmed down. That's why I called Moira, so she would know."

"Why would Auntie Moira need to know? I figured you would call Auntie Jen."

"Moira was, and is, your mom's doctor. She was a councilor and therapist on staff at the hospital, and that's where she met Jen. Since then she has become a close friend, but always her doctor. I don't know why they're back, but I know they scare the bejeebers out of her. I only hope Moira has an answer."

Moira showered, dressed, and hurried to find her friend. Kate was sitting in the garden with a coffee, so Moira joined her. As she approached, Kate looked up at her, eyes red-rimmed from crying and a look of apprehension on her face.