Time Never Waits Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, sir, I typically have clients bring them in to my shop."

"I probably could, but there's a few hundred in here, many of them extremely valuable. I imagine the logistics would be horrendous in that one."

"I understand. Valuable, you say? I find it typical that most people tend to over value firearms. But, I'll tell you what, I'll get out there in a couple of weeks and look over what you got."

"Sir, you come today. If what I've got doesn't impress you. I'll hand you a stack of one hundred $100 bills and you can leave $10,000 richer. If you like what I have to offer, you pay top price for them."

"You, sir, have got a deal."

I gave him directions. I called Dave. "Get your ass out here. ASAP. I've got some shit here I need you to see."

"Ok, be there in an hour."

I went in the safe. Looked at the gold collection. Decided to hang onto it. I locked the safe up. Went back and called Mark."Get out here to the ranch."

"When?"

"Now."

"Ok, I'm on the way."

I was going through desk drawers when the gun appraiser slash dealer showed up. Angela showed him back.

He introduced himself, "Tim Morris"

I nodded, introducing myself.

"Ok, Mr Miller, where's this big valuable collection at. He was looking around the room.

I opened the drawer, took out a stack of $10,000. Tossed it on the desk. Then turned and pulled the book case out. I walked into the room, he followed.

He stopped in the doorway, mouth gaping at the sight before him. He walked in.

Turning to me, he asked, "Where did you get these?"

"Are you interested in buying them?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Sure, if the price is right? Where did you get all these?"

"Look, Tim, if you're interested, make a reasonable offer."

"Well, I'd say, oh, maybe $150,000 for the lot. You said they were valuable. That's a fair price."

"Good day, sir. Thank you for coming out."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying it's time to go. You're wasting my time. Now beat feet."

"Now look here. Haven't you heard of negotiating?"

"Certainly have. But this ain't a used car lot. You know damned good and well there's a couple million in collecter pieces in there. On the conservative side. That Purdey there would do $150,000 at auction alone. There's some high grade Holland and Holland's in there that'll bring every bit of that and more. So, essentially what you're trying to do is fuck me. You buy the lot for the cost of one, turn the rest for pure profit."

"So, no deal huh?"

"It appears not."

"So, I get the $10,000?"

"Nope."

"But you said..."

"What I said was, if you ain't interested, you get the cash. You're obviously interested. You've been trying to fuck me since you got here. The other side of that coin was, if you are interested, you pay top dollar. Top dollar now is two million for everything that doesn't have Remington, Winchester, or Springfield Arsenal on it. So, take it or leave it. No discussion."

"Well, look, I can..."

"You don't listen very well, do ya.? Leave. Now."

I sent him instructions to forget this meeting as soon as he left the gate. He turned and left.

I called the next in line. He agreed to come straight out.

Dave showed up. I took him back and showed him the bonds and stocks.

"Holy shit, dude. Where'd you find these?"

"In the safe with the gold." I pointed in the room.

"Show me."

I took him back and opened the safe.

He stared at it. "Dear god, do you know how much this is worth?"

I shrugged. "Hell I dunno."

He shook his head and went back to the stocks and bonds. Looking them over carefully, taking notes. When he finished, he picked up the phone and dialed a number. When it was answered, he said,

"Phil, this Dave. Got something for you. What can you tell me about a company called Allied Mining Corporation. Yeah, Allied. No shit? Well, my client has a couple thousand shares of it. Yep, right here in front of me. Nope, I'm at his place. Well, let me ask first."

He looked at me, "He wants to know if he can come out?"

"Sure." I nodded.

"Yep, come on." Then gave him directions.

"Dude is bringing $1,000 a share to the table. Evidently, they hit it big down in Chile, or somewhere down there. They've been buying up all outstanding shares. You've apparently got the last ones. They tried to contact the old man. He was dead. The old lady didn't know anything about it. Thought they were trying to scam her. Told them to go fuck themselves."

The mover showed up with the auctioneer and antique dealer. I turned them loose with Angela.

Dave made another call about the Treasury Bonds. They were valid. Followed up by an inquiry on the bearer bonds. His contact said he'd get back with him. He called a gold dealer he dealt with regularly. He said he would come out.

"So, what did you and Dottie figure out?"

"Well, she's leaving her husband. Moving in with me. I never thought she would be my type, but the truth is, I fell for her. She treats me like a fucking king."

"Good, I'm glad it's working out. I truly am."

"She's still got a thing for you, though."

"Ok, I'll fix that. Y'all come out this weekend."

The three with Angela were finished going through the house. She brought them to my office.

I looked at the mover. "You first."

"I suppose I can get my full crew out here for four or five days. Get stuff packed and sorted into manageable lots. We can do it by the hour or I can try to bid a package."

"We'll just do a running tab. If we can do an auction, I'll have them on staff to assist. Ok, so auction next." I looked at him. "Waddaya got for me?"

"I can definitely do the auction. I would suggest a two phase scenario, though. You've got a big house here. Pus barns, as well as a few storage sheds full of stuff. There's also an attick. We found the stairs in the garage. It's full of stuff, to. A lot of it antique and vintage stuff. I have a full time crew, but his helping out will make life a lot easier. I'll cut you a deal to offset that cost, as well."

I thought of the guns. "You know a good firearm appraiser?"

"Yep. Me. I handle appraisal and the auction of collections. I have an FFL. Makes it easier that way."

"Ok." I pointed into the vault room. "Go in there and tell me if you can handle that."

He got up and walked in as I turned to the antique dealer.

"Ok, lay it on me."

"To begin with, this place has got ten bedrooms. Each one..."

We were interrupted by the auctioneer as he came out of the vault.

"Sir, do you realize what you've got in there?" He asked incredulously.

"Yeah, a bunch of valuable guns that need to be in the hands of collectors. I'm not a big time collector. I'm only interested in anything that has Remington, Winchester, Springfield Armory and maybe a couple others on it."

"Sir, let me work that collection and give me the auction on it, and I'll do all of your auctions in three phases with substantial discounts on all three fees. My guess is atleast a couple million in value, conservatively."

There was a knock, Consuela had brought in the new visitors. The gold dealer, and the guy representing the mining conglomerate. Followed by the new firearm guy.

We all shook hands around, I put the new gun guy with the auctioneer. The new appraiser wasn't having it. I really wanted a couple handling it, so, I tossed him the 10k and told him to stick around and give me his own figures. He agreed.

There was another knock, this time she was back with Mark and his assistant. I asked them to go out to the pool and have the women make them something to eat.

I excused everybody, telling them to coordinate with each other. Bar by the pool was open, kitchen as well.

That left me, Dave, the stock guy, and the gold guy.

I turned Dave loose with the gold guy. He'd brought his scales and test kit. They went in the vault.

I turned to the stock guy. "How can I help you, sir?"

He asked "May I see the stocks, please?"

I handed him the thick folder. He opened it and selected several at random. Then pulled one from his case and compared them carefully.

He sat them aside. "Can I ask how you came to be in possession of these?"

I just looked at him, not saying a word. I already didn't like this guy. He looked back, spoke again,

"Perhaps you didn't understand the question, I..."

"Oh, I understood it it perfectly fine. You just failed to understand my response. Is that why you came out here? To ask me how I got them?"

"No, absolutely not. I came to purchase them from you. At a more than reasonable market value."

" Look, slick, it's always been my experience that when some ass hole like you shows up talking cash, it typically involves two things. Number one. You represent the actual buyer. They have you on retainer to represent them. Number two. You show up ready to flash around some fancy numbers and a little cash, neither of which represent anything even remotely resembling a fair market representation. You pick up outstanding shares for pennies on the dollar. Take them back to your boss. He gives you a pat on the head and a fat little bonus. How, let's cut to the chase here and you make your offer. If you even think of running that bullshit of a grand a share by me, I'm sending you packing. I have a number in mind that'll get it done. You come close to it, I'll let you have it for that amount. You come in too low, I have a final number that's not negotiable. That will be cash on the barrel head. I don't do checks. So choose your next words carefully."

I picked up a pen and wrote on two pieces of paper. Then folded them up. Wrote 1 o the first and 2 on the remaining one.

"I must say, this is highly unusual. I typically..."

"I'm well aware of how people like you 'typically' do things. You have the money, so you effectively control the negotiating process. That ain't happening here. I don't need your money.You can walk out right now empty handed and explain to your boss how you fucked it up. I'll call my law firm and we'll figure out how much of a share in this company I control. Then we can figure out a new number from there. So, get on with it. I've got shit to do."

He tried to stall, unsure how to proceed. He'd never been put on the spot like this. The kid was right, though. He knew the score. Who is this fucking kid? He knew if he went back empty handed, he was finished. He'd have to change professions. There went thirty years down the toilet. If he overbid it, he'd loose a chunk of his commission. So, he decided to split the difference. The kid may be smart, but in the end, they always folded. He knew how to horse trade with the best. Drop a million on the table and work some smoke and mirrors, then threaten to pull the offer and walk.

"We are prepared to offer double the original price. I'll offer you two thousand a share."

I just shook my head and slid over Number 1. He unfolded it and went awful pale. It read $5000 per share. I slid over Number 2. I picked up the shares, walked into the vault, came out empty handed.

"You have thirty seconds to decide."

He opened the paper and dropped it. $10,000 per share.

"Now you look here, I..."

"I believe I said that was not negotiable."

"Yeah, but..."

"Anything you say after 'But', means fuck all to me. You have your number, and 15 seconds."

"Ok, ok, we'll do 10k a share."

"Now that wasn't so hard now, was it."

" I know you said cash. I don't have that kind of cash on me, obviously. So, I'll need to write a check. Can you at least give me that much?"

"Tell you what. The original offer was two million in cash, right?"

"I'm assuming that bag there has that much in it?"

"Yes." He said, putting his hand on it.

"Ok, here's my offer. You write your check for $20,000,000. Then we'll sign an agreement. That cash is my processing fee."

"Ok, deal." He got out his check book, wrote out the check.

I wrote out on a piece of paper, "I agree to surrender all stock shares I hold in Allied Mining immediately after deposit of the cash funds in the amount agreed upon, into my bank account."

"Dave! Come in here, please!"

He appeared out of the vault. I slid the paper over to the guy. He read it. Signed it, slid it back. I signed it. Slid it to Dave who signed as a witness. I repeated the process, giving up to copies with original signatures. He slid the check over. I wrote my name on the pay to the order of line. Handed it to Dave. He carefully folded it, putting it in his pocket.

The guy was sitting there looking at me.

"Yes?" I asked

"Um, the stocks?"

"What about them?"

"I need them."

"And you'll get them pursuant to our agreement. As soon as that cash hits my account, you come back and see me. I'll take that bag now, of course.''

"I don't know about this, I need to..."

"The bag, please."

He picked it up and sat it on the table. I pulled it over, looked inside. Dumped it out on the desk, looking through it.

Satisfied, I handed him back his empty bag. Then stood up, "Well sir, our business is concluded for the moment. As long as that check clears, you're good to go. Otherwise, I'll hand it over to the AG's office and let them collect it for me." Now, if you'll excuse me, I have shit to do."

"I can't leave here without those shares."

"That sounds like your problem to me."

"Just let me have the stocks. I guarantee the check is good."

"Oh, you guarantee it? The same ass clown that came in here low balling me with this?' I gestured to the pile of cash.

"I gotta have those stocks!"

"You'll get them as soon as that check clears. Not a moment before."

I saw his hand moving. I immediately sent instructions to him to pull his gun he was reaching for. Clear it. Put it on the desk. He did. Gawking around in wonder at why he did.

I picked the phone up. Dialed in Susan's number at the bank. She answered.

"Susan, I'm putting you on with this man. He going to provide you with his banking information. He is going to have his bank transfer twenty million into my account. Please let me know as soon as the transfer is complete."

I handed him the phone saying, "For your sake, you better hope that transfer happens. Otherwise, you, my little friend, are fucked."

I thought he was going to puke. This wasn't going anywhere close to what he had planned. That's the problem when those you set out to fuck over strip away your power.

I picked his gun up. A nice customized 1911. It will make a nice addition to my collection. I slid the magazine back in. Racked the slide. Picked up the round he had cleared, dropped the magazine, slid the round back in, slapped it back home. Then pointed to his holster, gestured for him to give it to me. He cradled the phone, unhooked his belt, pulled the holster off, and handed it to me, glaring at me.

He jerked as a voice came back on the phone. He handed the phone to me.

"Yes?"

The male voice came across, "This is Terrance Markum, vice president of First National bank in Chicago. To whom am I speaking?"

"Travis Miller for the moment, unless you piss me off, then my name becomes Mr I'm Turning All This Shit Over To The Feds For RICCO Investigation."

"Do you have the stocks?"

"Yes."

"Please select three random certificates and provide me with the issue numbers, please."

I sat the phone down, grabbed pen and paper, went in the vault, returning, I picked up the phone.

"You ready?"

I read the numbers off to him.

"Ok," He said, "let me verify these and I'll call you back."

"Fine by me. I'd hurry up though, Mr Markum. My time is valuable to me. Every minute I wait is adding an additional million dollars to the transfer. You're on the clock as of rigggggght now.

"What? A million what?"

"A million dollars a minute. In other words, quit fucking around jerking my chain and make this happen. I've got other business to tend to. Now it's $21,000,000."

"Ok, I get it. Hold please." He was back in just over five minutes. "The numbers are good. I'm authorized to transfer the $20,000,000 into..."

"$26,000,000"

"I'm not authorized to..."

"$27,000,000. I can do this all day."

"Ok, $27,000,000. Please hold." He came back on. "It'll take two to three business days for the transfer to be completed."

"I'm sure it will. I'll be waiting to hear from my bank."

"You don't understand, he's to have those stocks in his possession before he leaves."

"Well,understand this, Mr Markum, as long as I have that cash in my account, that'll happen. But not until then. Good day, sir."

I turned back to him."Ok, leave your number. As soon as I get the notification that the money is there, I'll call you and you can come get the stocks."

"Don't you get it? These people want these stocks. I have to stay with them."

"I've had enough of this bullshit. Yes, I know they want them. I also know they didn't bat an eye at the twenty mark. That means I came in under what they're willing to lay out for them. Your problem here is one of your own making. Yet, true to fashion, all people like yourself create problems, then try to blame everybody but yourself. I invited you out in good faith. You come to my home and try to play me. When I call you on it, you pull a gun. I'm wondering what your client would think if I doubled the price? Hell, why not triple it? I imagine they're sitting on ore deposits down there valuing in the billions, and they don't want any outside investors sucking on the tit."

I thought a moment. "Or, perhaps... Yes, imgine this for a moment." I pulled his gun out of the drawer. "I get the $20,000,000. I kill you. Feed your carcass to the hogs. Take all your ID's, sell the stock to somebody else for $10,000,000. I keep all $30,000,000. When your employer calls asking about you, 'Oh, I gave him the stocks and he left. Ain't seen him since. I'll make sure we drop your wallet 'accidently' at the next sale. That way, when they start asking where they got the shares, they pull your wallet out. Well you get picture."

If he was pale before, he was deathly pale at this point. I decided to have a little fun. I sent him instruction that prevented him from entering the vault.

"Anyway, go get your stocks. You can go now."

I left the room with him standing in the door of the vault, cussing like the sunrise depended on it.

I went to the courtyard. Everybody was there. Even some new faces. I walked to my chair and sat. Figuring somebody would bring me some tea, since they forbade me to wait on myself. The new faces glanced at me, then went back to what they were doing.

I shrugged, got up and went to the kitchen. Consuela started making my tea, finished it. Brought it to me.

"Travis, I have Alejandro at the house. Did you meet the new girls?"

"New girls? What new girls?"

"You told me to hire some more help."

"No I didn't, I never said no such thing."

She gasped, "Oh yes you did! Just y..."

She looked at me. I couldn't hide my stupid grin. She huffed and smacked me.

"Oh you, you... Go, get out of my kitchen." She spun me around and smacked my ass like she would an errant child. I hurried off.

Getting back to my table, everybody started gathering around.

"Ok, did y'all get coordinated?'

"Yes, we're on track. Just need a start date."

"Now. Let's get this show on the road."

"Ok, we'll start the packing day after tomorrow."

The auctioneer chimed in. "I've got plenty of awnings. I'll bring them out and they can store it under them. We can tarp it. They'll keep everything dry. I can set up a sound stage and we can sell the moveable stuff first. Then do a roving auction on the bigger stuff. I believe she has her eye on some stuff for her stores." He gestured to the antique lady.

She stepped up with a list of stuff she wanted."I need to go over this list with you and figure out what you want for it."

I looked at the list. "How about this. You have these items moved to your store. When you sell them, you give me a cut you think is fair. How's that sound?"