All Comments on 'Time to Trade Up'

by Sunshineman2019

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments (Page 2)
JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Not sure if there needs to be a part 2 other than maybe an epilogue from the cheating spouse pov

HemmingswayHemmingswayalmost 3 years ago

Good effort but I didn't love it. As mentioned by other commenters, the dialogue was clumsy and lacked flow. Since there will be a second part, I would have held back the Greta reveal and rather just left some bread crumbs. The resolutions presented in the first part were too obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

where the fuck is part 2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It’s just a story. I’ll bet there are stupid women who will fall into this freedom from a great guy I doubt that. They need to fix there brain fart heads.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 3 years ago

"Sexual interactions are different from intimacy". Sex is a very intimate act. That's the whole point.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
A very enjoyable read.

I liked the story line and I am only sad that the Swedish golfer turned out to be Lesbian. But, I really liked that you did not fall into the LW cliché minefield. You did not use any clichés or tropes or other devices that inhabit this crazy corner of the literary world.

I am sorry that 5 stars was all that I could give and more sorry that over recent time I have given 5 stars to less deserving writings.

Now to go read some more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What do you get if wooden characters make wooden speeches and the plot resolution has been painfully obvious from the first page? You get this dreary story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So much is telegraphed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FTDS

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgeralmost 3 years ago

l'm normally not fond of longer stories, as a matter of fact this story sat opened and unread for 3 days before l gave it a try. Great effort in navigating a veritable minefield, and kudos to your editor

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For Part 2, I hope you learn how to use commas when writing dialogue. I also hope you learn the difference between "fowl" and "foul."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"... she went absolutely wild calling her mother all kinds of fowl names." Why, you grouse! You loon! You peahen! You prairie chicken! You... you... you cuckoo!!! :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it - all the way through kept me guessing. Looking for the next chapter! 5 stars.........

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

"This is exactly what I want to pursue. I have already signed up for the Zoom class "Empowering Women; Changing the Balance Between Men and Women" with the famous Indian yogi Rhasheedguru. The junior college has some classes on Feminist Theory, Contemporary Feminism and Diverse Perspectives that I want to enroll in. I am very excited to get my journey into empowerment started."

this is not how 'feminism' works. they also have a space lazer shot at the end of each class to brainwash you into demoRat radical leftist agenda follower.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Emasculation of men? Not here, thank goodness! Well-crafted story and the most effective strategy I've read on how to deal with the errant "I just need a few.months to find myself..." wife. Well done. Looking forward to part 2. Keep the tension between Marvin and Cheryl going. 5 stars!

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 3 years ago

I just finished chapter 2 and loved the ending. Poor Cheryl got what her friends told her older men and no to little Love. she moved to Canada so she would not have to see how her ex traded up. and how happy he was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is an excellent story, told well and completely believable as though it is actually true. Keep up the good work, I cannot think of any advice or criticism...just admiration for your writing talent. Keep up the great work! looking forward to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is so full of reality that it is fascinating and scary. Cheryl left Marvin long before she told him she wanted to become a better wife. The only part that caused me to feel sympathy for Marvin was learning that Greta was married and that her wife didn't share.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sorry, I could only make it through 3 pages before jumping to 8. A lesbian really? Dialogue is stilted and unrealistic.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Hmm.... A lot of the dialogue was unlikely and Cheryl was hard to fully believe but this was very entertaining and written pretty well.

Full marks.

arincharinchalmost 3 years ago

Notoriety

noun

the state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed.

"the song has gained some notoriety in the press"

Similar:

infamy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Part 2! Dear god no, leave things finished right here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story a lot. Good characters. Nice arc to tale. The ending seemed foreshadowed, though, almost from beginning. My main discomfit with the storyline was that this was too black & white; she was proving flawed while he was just so perfect and pristine in every way. She was the more real and interesting person, but was given short shrift other than to bash her feminism and wanting to be empowered in her own right, plus getting her finally to having sex-outside-marriage. He was a walking ideal as hubby, dad, boyfriend, businessman, community leader. Yeah, you can write a character that way, but real people all have faults and fallibilities; it is part of what makes us interesting.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

why is there a part 2. this story was a 3 page story at best u rehashed the wife's plans about 5 times too many. then started to rehash other parts of the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story...but am a grammar fanatic..."which made it all the funnier." (pp5) How about MORE FUN!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

typos, misspellings, poor grammar, malapropisms, misplaced apostrophes...3 stars for language flow.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 2 years ago

Good story. Cheryl is a delusional lunatic.

266xxyz266xxyzover 2 years ago

I thought you did damn good. I now know the difficulties of pacing, phrasing flow and I think most importantly to have a voice. Keep on truckin' but write while you're doing but...no driving and texting.

Great effort and a good read.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Great story. I wouldn't have let her have 6 months, maybe 3???!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am certain the author intends this series to be at least neutral, if not overtly supportive, in overall tone toward lesbianism. Kudos to him for portraying inclusion and tolerance with respect to the diversity of human sexual orientation. I must point out, however, a bit of dialogue that creates a false representation of the "coming out" process all non-heterosexual people go through to some degree as they mature and achieve self awareness.

In the last page of this chapter Greta says, "Marvin, I am a lesbian, and have been for 10 years." A member of the LGBTQ community would be highly unlikely to describe their personal journey in this way. Greta has been who she is since her birth. Ten years ago her understanding of herself and the range of human sexual orientation evolved to the point she realized she is a lesbian. She did not become a lesbian at that time but instead became aware of her true nature.

To heterosexuals this may seem like much ado about nothing, but the distinction is important. My thanks to the author for his time in considering these issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Among all the typos and irregulars are sometimes an amusement: "... calling her mother all kinds of fowl names ..." "Chicken"? "Turkey"? "P-hen"? "Guinea hen"?

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Dont

Don't accept that any one who majored in French,never visited France.Also,who as counselling meetings six weeks apart?.

woodwardwoodwardover 2 years ago

I don't comment on grammar structure or story flow like the other comments. Simply, this was a great story and I enjoyed reading it. There seems to be too man grammar nazis and other english dissenters reading the stories instead of looking at the author's work. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cheryl has proven she's an untrustworthy, part-time whore. Greta has a licker license. Tara should be the new Mrs. Johnson... She actually loves him and has been there for him. She needs his baby...

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

this was a well thought out plan......he was a little soft on her but in the end he did the right think. I'm happy with the kids. They proved to be well raised and moral kids.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

just some thoughts. What 6th graders play on the see saw?

These people dont talk like people. I can't really describe what i mean. Its like if you read the conversations out loud its clunky

the 1 guy she fucks happens to be her son's friends dad? its so absurd i had to stop and come write this comment. and how does her son even know where she was? the kids aren't talking to her. It honest to god ruined the story for me. I mean, It would be more more interesting if he never found out she cheated and just realized as we all did that he was better off without her,

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareover 2 years ago

the wierd feminimismismism bashing is just a trope at this point and proves that the character you created is really just a vessel for a woman you don't like...

Go to therapy mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars from me.

This is a good story. Only one real surprises so far. Nice twist removing Greta from the contest to snag Marvin by her being a lesbian.

Not wanting to join the grammar police etc, but I find your the conversations between characters too forced. Its like they are reading a report instead of chatting. The conversations are too starched and formal. Maybe that's the style you want for your created character to have.

Reminds me of a copper giving testimony in court.

You know

The suspect was apprehended instead of we caught him.

They were known to frequent this establishment instead of they hung out at the pub.

We gained entry to the premises instead of we walked in.

It is what is said within the quotation marks that gives a lot the humour, a lot the quirks a lot of the life to a story. This is where the author has the opportunity to make his character become human so we, the readers, can be reached on an emotional level.

This is the authors playground, not constrained by rules and regulations.

If something is grammatically incorrect, or politically incorrect or even spelt wrong, the author can just laugh it off by saying "Well that is what he/she said."

But again, 5 stars for a great well written story.

And re Will shakespeare comment , too many men have been well and truly screwed by this very lopsided unjust heavy handed inflexible legislation. So it is little wonder there is a lot of pain surrounding this subject.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cheryl is getting hers and not necessarily from Ted. She's a whore and was gonna keep having him put his peepee in her peepee. Marvin will end up with Tara and she's not a whore, she cares for and loves him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He had no intention of getting back with his wife he made that obvious the 1st night with Tara so why the fuck wasn’t he just honest I liked him an felt for him til he became a hypocrital twat he doesn’t deserve Tara she might want a night out an he will kick her out if he goes out an has a better time. An also he said he noticed their marriage wasn’t working so why the fuck didn’t he do something like sit down an talk to her one trip does not make up for 365+ Days where she felt ignored an disrespected. NOW onto the WIFE she’s a bloody idiot I love my husband but I’m going to cheat makes zero sense an fgs if ure gonna cheat do so with the understanding u will be found out

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page1

MORE than enough reason to dump her. Unless she has a brain tumor or mental illness, it's just tactics and strategy now.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 2

Difficult time reconciling? Fuck that. Tactics and strategy.

She does sound manic. Maybe she IS crazy.

Hello wife, let me introduce you to reality since you haven't met. lol

That's right baby, I'm a jerk. You deserve better. Let me help you gtfo.

Flowers? WTF? Tactics and strategy I guess.

I'm not asking where you went because I don't give a fuck. Oh wait, I mean I'm only concerned for your safety.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 3

Impressive performance from competition? The impressive thing is he didn't kill her when she said that BS.

STFU and quit trying to talk her out of leaving. That's the best thing for him.

At least he got a little sex.

She's too stupid to take her attorneys device. Remember, women's votes are why we had Carter, Obama and have pudding brain Joe.

That's right baby. You go find yourself. No problem.

Bawling his eyes out? Should be thanking his lucky stars. Pussy.

Now you're talking. Hell yeah. Have a great life. Older men with money and a job get a younger woman. Older women get older men. Woo hoo! Please don't throw me in that briar patch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 4

"Dated concept?" Too funny. Quit trying to talk her out of it dumbass.

"This is impossible to comprehend"? Really? THAT'S what her daughter said? How about "WTF is wrong with you you stupid bitch? Get yourself into a mental health professional right after an MRI figures out whether you have a brain tumor or now."

Weeks 3-5..Duh

"What a stupid question" lol

STOP hoping for reconciliation you putz!

Diana "Oh great..." lol if your job was easy....

Her reply was...

Exactly why he needs to GTFO.

Birds of a feather.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 6

Do we agree this is our stumbling block? Well yeah, that and her being a lunatic.

From your reading? You are reading the wrong things you stupid bitch.

The flu? Got through the flu? Well yeah, but then I had immunity and didn't have to deal with the flu anymore just like I wouldn't have to deal with you anymore.

"Your used pussy..."? OK that's funny.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 7

You promise it won't be like that? That's not up to you unless you have developed mind control abilities.

I'm sure Greta knows that insurance customers and investment customer prospects have about a 99% overlap.

Fowl names? Chicken shit bitch? Gave her the bird? It it quacks like a duck? Momma got goosed? Swan song for the marriage?

Sure, act like you are sad for the kids but inside, he should be dancing a jig.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 8

Dodged a bullet.

So Greta drank his whiskey and let him think they had a shot but deceived him the whole way as Greta deceives the community she sells insurance too. Perfect business parther.

Read this story again and just felt like commenting on the stupid stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Awesome read but long

This was an awesome read. It was however very long. The story was a 4 star story which from me is a great story well written, great interwoven theme with extra plots. Until the end when you worked out the only stitch left hanging (Tara and Greta).

That is why I gave this story 5 stars. Now I will have read some more of your older stories.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

torn between a 4 and 5 star rating. many interesting comments or ideas on another stupid, bored wife. Marvin played it straight and was honest with everyone. One telling episode was the difference of opinion of Valentines day during the 1st consoling session. Any guy that gives a wife of GF 2 dozen roses, chocolates and expensive dinner is going way overboard and she said it was an "okay" day "nothing special". Self centered stuck up Bitch

AngusMAngusMabout 2 years ago

Going back to her husband would only been on her terms as she was planning on further meetings with Ted

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm a bit more than midway, having to stop reading as my anger towards Cindy & how fucked up, self righteous shit on her self improving. She wants to be on the same status as her husband but doesn't realize what she gains by being with her husband. Marvin's such a good guy being tolerant, etc. until he doesn't give her her way, then he's an asshole. It was so nice of her willing to delay her leaving to take that trip to France if she knew about it (said sarcastically).

My reaction: you leave to be free, don't plan on coming back. I'll be free to find myself worthy of me... & me of them. I'm withholding my rating until I'm finished. -- Bob

juanviejojuanviejoabout 2 years ago

GREAT STORY...VERY WELL DONE. NOW, ON TO PART 2. CINCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A high 4 stars! now that I've finished part 1. I've a few points though. The day the marriage collapsed with Cheryl's selfish & disrespectful announcement she's going for her 6 mo. exploratory venture, they get in an argument, she leaves, & he goes out & buys her some flowers? Really? Trying to be nice is one thing, becoming wimpish is another.

She's read all this shit about women not being on the same level as their prominent husbands & then wants to enrich herself? He should've told her how much she gets by being his wife. She should've thought about the articles & if it's really pertinent to her life. Put down your foot & tell her if she leaves for 6mos, she might as well leave period.

The difference in the rememberences of Valentine's Day is remarkable, which the counselor never inquired about, but let it go. Huge error. Her wanting contact with him during, & then the lunch & him giving her $2,000 -- bullshit. She wanted no contact, he should enforce it by reminding her of that fact, then hang up. Of course, her request for money may not've been made; if she somehow did, he should've denied her. She left, wanted this living on her own as a single... her problem now, not his.

Last noticable thing: she lied during the divorce proceedings about having sex. Marvin never mentioned that fact, nor his belief that, no matter what she said, she fucked more than 1. He only, tho correctly, called her on the pictures. The story's longer than I like, but this time, worthwhile. Liked the writing & story telling. My earlier comments are still valid. 4 stars -- Bob

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Nice story. The flowers thing though didn’t make sense. The wife was gone from the start. She amply displayed all the characteristics of a sociopathic narcissist who, with the children gone was surrendering to those core sociopathic motivations. As a sociopath she views all others as walking tools whose sole purpose is to be used as an object to gratify her emotional desires are the moment. The love in their marriage was unilateral. A sociopath cannot love because the only thing in their universe is their self. While he loved her it was unilateral and not reciprocated. Her “love” was lust, a moment to moment pursuit of sexual gratification constrained only by the promise of punishment or retribution when she would be caught acting out. With the children gone, her sexual and emotional relationship with her husband fooling after so many years, and the brainwashing of the constant Uber feminist nonsense; those outward constraints became irrelevant. She went forward and fully acted out in her feminist delusions, betrayed her husband, and entered into the gates of a very real hell on earth of her own creation.

5 stars

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

An enjoyable read.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

The dialog between the husband and wife was weak and seemed like both were brain dead, or at least severely brain damaged.

Seriously? "My greatest fear is humiliation from being a cuckold"? Not the disrepect, the lying, the betrayal? Just how others would view him? How petty and weak!

And the wife went from someone wanting to experiment (or what ever you want to call it) to an evil bitch who would be willing to continue to cheat on her husband even after they got back together. Indications of a major personality change.

And why did he refuse to make his position crystal clear to her. Not allow her to believe that he would get over it or anything close to that, but rather, truly, one and done. He came across as very weak, immature, and a pushover. He made no real effort to make her understand that her actions would have real consequences. The divorce papers were a half-assed attempt at that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Some malaprops are amusing: “… and she went absolutely wild calling her mother all kinds of fowl names.” Like “Duckie Wuckie” or “Henny Penny” or “Gobble Gobble”?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well done.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

This is one of the first truly WOKE storylines.

Cheryl's statement: "This is exactly what I want to pursue. I have already signed up for the Zoom class "Empowering Women; Changing the Balance Between Men and Women" with the famous Indian yogi Rhasheedguru. The junior college has some classes on Feminist Theory, Contemporary Feminism and Diverse Perspectives that I want to enroll in. I am very excited to get my journey into empowerment started" sums up WOKE thinking. Women are oppressed. They must break the chains that have bound them to the dominant male patriarchy. She must self actualize herself!

This is Post modernism based on classic Marxism except the Marxists realized communism didn't work (it only took 100,000,000+ brutally murdered humans in Russia and China to convince them) so they morphed it to Critical Theory and replaced the proletariat and bourgeoisie with the Patriarchy (white males) and the subordinated e.g. women, slaves, peasants, serfs, indentured servants, weak ethnic/racial groups, etc.

So here we have a very privileged woman with virtually no security issues and a life of relative leisure deciding based on feminist propaganda that she has been deprived of her identity by her husband's success i.e. she's been subordinated. Her solution is to act like a 20 year old, single, financially secure slut for 6 months.

The reader may think that the story ends happily for Marvin while Cheryl lives a lonely wasteful life regretting her brain fart.

But consider, the post modernists, the folks who want to destroy the nuclear family, obliterate god and faith, give the state ownership of our children, make us all automatons doing what the government tells us to think and do by absolute control of the media, have won!

Cheryl indeed destroyed her family. She also gave up her moral compass, happily broke her marital vows, intented to decieve her husband and continue to do so. Marvin was no beacon of light either. He impregnates a friend while engaged. And openly acknowledges the same to his children. Great example of fidelity. Tara gives him a "Hall Pass" to do it knowing full well that it was Marvin's refusal to give Cheryl the same liberty that broke up his first marriage.

So much for family values.

Welcome to WOKE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A cute fairy tale.

He was just "too nice" (or weak) to be real, outside of "Once upon a time" stories.

He was too soft and naïve to be a successful business owner.

She was just too short sighted and dumb to be real.

An insult to teachers everywhere.

I also struggle with the concept that she could not afford to live a reasonable single life on her teacher's salary, when other people bring up a whole family of 2 or 3 or more people on the same wage.

You wrote that they knew each other so well that they could read each others thoughts didn't have to speak coz of 25 years intimacy. So how come she was so ignorantly obtuse that she thought he would agree to her bullshit idea. If she knew him at all she would know how seriously he took their wedding vows and she would never have even brought the subject up.

Re loejtc.

I am not sure what this new meaning of the old word "woke" is. Woke is a very old Old English word first recorded about 900AD. ( I think it has something to do with time coz everyone I ask someone what woke means, they give me a different reply. It keeps changing, just like when I ask someone the time I always get a different answer) but it surely awoke something in you to evoke such a lengthy and passionate response..

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good tale! LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

MARVIN IS A STUPID WEAK CUCK. WITH ALL THOSE FANCY TITLES, HE SHOULD HAVE DIVORCED THE SKANK RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING!! FOR A BIG TIME BUSINESSMAN, HE WAS A STUPID CLUELESS CUNT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

MR RICH INTELLIGENT POPULAR PUBLIC FIGURE MARVIN WAS A STUPID CUCK!!

CHERYL WAS A SKANK AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUBLICLY EXPOSED, BURN THEBITCH

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

The reading comprehension skills of anonymous LW commenters is truly scary.

How anyone perceives Marvin as a weak cuck is beyond me. He literally filed the divorce papers the day after she moved out. He forced her to take all of her possessions out of the house so she never had an excuse to set foot in the house again. With the exception of the one lunch she forced him into her made her stick to the no contact rule. While she was on her 6 month "journey" to rediscover herself he moved on with his life. When he got proof of her infidelity he finalized the divorce. How does any of that equate to him being a weak cuck?

Cheryl was pretty much portrayed as too stupid to survive on her own. Marvin was clear enough with her that she had pretty much acknowledged that moving forward with her plan would likely cost her the marriage she said she wanted to save but, went ahead with it anyway. During the classes she was taking she realized the hardcore feminists she was hanging out with were more about hating men than empowering women. Seeing the picture of Marvin with Tara broke her heart and made her worry that she was losing him to a younger, more attractive woman. She had all of the information she needed to make a smart decision and still decided to continue on her path. She got exactly what her choices earned her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"She went absolutely wild calling her mother all kinds of fowl names". Such as Chicken, Turkey, or maybe, Canada Goose? Really? I fully realize this site is free, but does anyone read their stuff before they post it? Not to pick on this author, as this crap is rampant on the internet, and even in print media. People please, just please.

sennodensennodenalmost 2 years ago

My only real complaint with this story is this. He says that he wants Tara to be part of his future, yet he's seemingly also wanting the same with Greta. It really seems he's leading both of them on, except for Greta already being married, but Marvin didn't know about that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Long and I think we all saw this ending coming forth. Still - well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I believe the author has no animus toward lesbians, but his portrayal of a lesbian character is awkward at best. Greta states, "Marvin, I am a lesbian, and have been for 10 years." No lesbian, or other member of the LGTBQ+ community, would assign a time frame to their sexual orientation. Their understanding and acceptance of themselves leads them to recognize their orientation at some point and to acknowledge it pubically at some point, but that does not mean they "became" lesbian at either of those points in time.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Very good story. I can't understand a wife thinking her husband can get over her cheating on him when he tells her he won't.

Why does she feel entitled after 25 years?

Some inconsistency: why does she have a problem with money when he splitted everything with her in advance?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why dislike?

She cheated before even telling her husband of separation.

Roberto flirting and lunches hidden from husband.

How long planning separation?

Omission! Lie!

MC wimpy cuckold!

Went along and then talked and gave her $ 2000.

He knows she has already lied but does not bother to verify her actions.

ALL depended on friend whose dad was one she cheated with. Stretch but ok as he needs help to do anything constructive. Will tell kids to talk to mom. Wimpy cuck

CindyTVCindyTVover 1 year ago

Great Story! Can't wait to read Part 2.

5*

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars for this part BUT I looked at part 2 and gave it 1 star - it was 180 degrees different than part 1.

You should have just allowed Marvin to marry Tara and move on with his life and it would have been a 5 star story.

Part 2 was a waste of time.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

This is one of my favorite stories.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really was a good story, just wish there would have been one more page or chapter so we could find out if he married Tara and what finally happened to his cheating ex..

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A good story which obviously bent you to the mans side considering he was the more faithful person. I fail to understand the woman's perspective and attitude toward sex. are there really women and I guess men that believe there is a difference between just sex and sex with intimacy? I cab see the man's point of view as I am a man, 80, but still a man. My view on sex and the act is that having sex with a woman is an incredibly intimate thing, and at least from my point of you the act results in a sort of bonding that results from the act. Well anyway, good story and you 5 stars for the effort, I still don't understand women....................

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

It's so funny that 40+ year old woman would fall for the same feminist bullshit that 18 year old college freshman do🤣🤣🤣Feminism went from Women's rights to literally Anti-Mens Rights to all Men are the Antichrist. That old saying still applies "Bitches be CRAZY"😇😇😇

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Drop the bitch like a bad infection!

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkover 1 year ago

Agree with xhristianj feminist bullshit. gave it 4 * for well written story. would have been 5 * if not for it being largely offensive to straight men.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 1 year ago

This was stupid as the split of assets would give her half of the total assets without a prenup. Him having the company prior only locks him into the money he brought into the marriage not was was earned during. That is half hers

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with prior commenter, even with the adultery, after 25 years, she would have a much larger settlement, including proceeds earned from the company. And btw do women who are reasonably affluent and in there mid 40s, brazenly challenge their marriage by asking for a six month separation as a lifestyle experiment? If they plan to cheat they are discreet. This was just so open and bald faced. Surprised he didn't sneak in a PI to follow her. Unreal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It could have gone so differently, but then we would not have had your description of the empty rhetoric of the 'female empowerment' movement so powerfully exposed. So thank you.

Thinking of that first dreadful meeting though, as the cobra prepared to strike, why did he forget the loaded shotgun God put in his in hands ? 4 weeks in France !

It's like if your small child gets hold of a loaded gun, you distract them with any thing till you can make it safe.

Focus this deluded woman's attention on something she will enjoy, then make her laugh at the craziness her so called friends had put in her mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have done some planning and divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story either Marvin and Tara until he started fucking the bitches to get them pregnant then Marvin and the cuck writer just became trailer park trash

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What about Roberto? The author forgot about Roberto :(

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop loses its footing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Do these stories scratch some itch that men have to see women suffer? Does it prop up notions of "how things should be"? Is it a takedown of modern society and feminism?This screams of the "incel" mentality. It's simply a waste of time for the author and readers, just stroking their grievances. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Any man who acquiesce to the 6 month freedom bs is a looser cuck with no balls, and to anon comment previous this and 90% of all literature on this site is written by toxic fems like you, to state that this story is written from an anti-woman perspective is hilarious you are obviously so full of toxic feminism you think this story is misogynistic. God that's a bad joke. Sorry miss dyke even as as much as I love women, I would prefer all the cheating wife stories on this site to end with them taking a dirt nap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

to anon “ scratch some itch”- Not sure exactly what you are crying about. But you use the word “ feminism”, like the maga’s use “ woke”. Feminism is about equal rights, not breaking your marriage vows, and expecting your partner to take it. And marriage needs to once again, be taken seriously by the courts. Having a legal system, that favors woman over men in divorces, is not fair, equitable, and does not uphold the feminist ideal of equality. 5 stars!

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

The wife was too whack-a-doodle and living in her world of make believe. On top of that she was truly a bitch and a c-nt. How could he have not known her better prior to all this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why?!? This story is absurd! The correct response to the wife’s ambush is to bury her under the rose bushes. An acceptable response is to immediately divorce her while letting everyone know the reason why. No real man would dither and wait for her to go through it. If she states intent to commit adultery, then she has already done it in her mind.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Feminism is NOT about equality never has been, it is about keeping the rights and privileges that ONLY women have as well as wanting the few afforded to men. Exactly like women's suffrage they get the right to vote but unlike men don't get drafted nor did they have to serve as a firefighter - which was a duty men were obligated to serve back then. But this is the goal of feminism to gain all the rights and privileges but bere none of the burden of responsibility for them.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Cheryl deserve and earned what she end w/, a divorce. She had no respect for her husband, intended to fully make him a cuckold even if unknowing, was willing and plotting and planning how she could cheat and continue her big dick affair while keeping her husband paying for a lifestyle she couldnt afford on her own. Did i say she had no respect for him? Absolute cunt. A typical delusional entitled and arrogant cunt that wasnt satisfied w/ being a moderately imporytant man's spouse, till she got the magical dick she wanted and then felt it was ok to cuckold the important hubby and take advantage of him while enjoying the secret that she was better and smarter than him while generously accepting the benefits of being his spouse. Thats cold betrayal, very similar w/ how democrap leaders treat their voters and the country, use, abuse, lie, betray, while profiting at their expense. rk

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

When reading dialogue where the same speaker continues through multiple paragraphs, those paragraphs are opened but never closed with quotes until the speaker is finished. Closing every single paragraph requires the reader to wonder who is speaking. Usually, that's evident, but not always. Also, this writer has fundamental problems with punctuation. This causes a good story to lose some of its readability. Readers read to escape, and when you're always trying to figure out who is speaking or the meaning of a poorly punctuated sentence, it affects the quality of the story.

oldtwitoldtwit10 months ago

Well a long, and I see a part 2 is here as well, read, planed well with a heck of a lot of details, descriptions and good thinking, characters were true to "loving wives" style.

I liked it I only hope that you don’t make it much longer, surely he can only have so many of the women in the background to play with without him becoming a male slut.

Good story.

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

Delusions of equality? Jesus people are shit. Loving wives messages a caricature of the equality movement typically, but that kind of comment is exactly why it exists isn't it?

And let's be faster, women weren't drafted because men fought them being in the military at all here in the US. I see no reason that women shouldn't be in the future...

Ask that said a decent read about a woman who wanted to have it both ways. Don't fill yourself it's just as likely for a guy to act this way... Maybe even more likely still though it's getting better balanced than in history

..

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I don't see why he didn't just divorce her straight away. The financials were cut and dried. The hosiery was his. And the company protected. Kids older. So alimony? Was that worth the angst of the six months. How strange.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Lol, so the guy spent over a year not providing the goods and wondered why his wife was drifting away, while he played golf like a natural born cuck. His response to her demands was cold and reflected badly upon his probable behaviour throughout the marriage and the hilarious way that "modernism" and " feminism" were used throughout just highlights even further what an intolerable scumbag the guy will have been. So much so that he had to buy a 30 day European vacation to assuage his guilt.

The speed at which he moved on only confirms his general disposition.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSunshineman2019@Sunshineman2019
Obvious amateur writer exploring a new hobby.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories