All Comments on 'To Be Wanted'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow!

The right category, the right story, the right writer. Excellent, beautifully written, touching. It may be just a fantasy, but it sure felt real. Thank you, author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Kindred Sprit

You have dis-proved the myth that women are the most romantic of the two sexes. (That may start a war) As a fellow "over 60" I can truthfully say you have created an excellent tale of love. I enjoyed it more than you can ever know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Who Says Romance is dead?

Awesome. I loved it! I wish I was so lucky

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Truly Touching

A beautifully written, sweet romantic story. A sincere thank you, Jack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

Beautiful story!

Boyd

EnamoredEnamoredabout 18 years ago
Great story

An absolutely wonderful story. I'm glad you didn't put any sex in it, I think it would have lessened the story if you had. My hat is off to you.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Very well done

Other commenters have said it all.

This is a wonderfully done romance

Thank you

With respect

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow!

Truely heart-felt story and an awesome show of writing! Great Job, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
wow loved it

i love d your story

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayabout 18 years ago
Just....

downright lovely...hope to read more of you soon. respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Mixed review

You write very well. This is the first of your stories I've read.

However, I thiink there were two important problems with the story. There was almost no development of a couple interacting with each other to result in a love relationship. I kept wondering why do they love each other; there was nothing there for more than an infatuation.

The second problem was that this girl had gone through a lifetime of battered self image, culminating in an almost successful suicide attempt (definitely not a suicidal gesture). Before she gets into a relationship of this importance, she needs a long period of very intensive psychotherapy. Plus this young physician should recognize her neediness, and he should direct his attention to getting her the help she requires (not a few sessions with an old friend). He may think she has qualities that might make her a future love interest, but for now, he should recognize that she's not ready.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
A really fine tale !!

A well-written tale. I don't know how I failed to discover you and your stories until now - the loss is all mine! I will certainly take the time to read the rest of your offerings.

wetapapwetapapabout 18 years ago
you wrote a great story with

a gigantic hole in it. a spouse, love, and babies are not the cure to ones problems with life.

they can actually add to ones problems in life. that is why only mature, well adjusted adults should marry and have children.

they have to be prepared to deal with the problems of the family, not have the family trying to deal with theirs. his sister jan sumed it up when she said jessica had the emotions of thirteen year old.

this is a young lady who needs lots of help, not a husband, family and responsibility, at least not until she has fully matured herself. after her attempted suicide and her reaction at the party, both times she attempted to run away , trying to escape having to deal with life. it is quite obvious, she needs lots of help.

well written, no doubt you can write, but i already knew that. a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thank you

I really enjoyed this one. You have my permission to post more about Jesse and Cal. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A quick question

When did Jan's baby go from female to male? Not a major gitch in the story but.....

Anyway, I liked the story and your other writings.

Thanks

J

MagicaPracticaMagicaPracticaover 17 years ago
Inside the female mind

I was very impressed by your understanding of the pain inside the mind of a single female. I'm sure this is not everyone's experience but I have had enough friends who felt this way that I know it's not uncommon. Plus, what is better than chile rellenos? Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

Another one of your wonderful stories. I love the way you can spin a tale so that you know what is going to happen but you just have to read the story through because you are afraid to miss something. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Trouble with endings

I think that a lot of your endings leave to many loose ends, and ruin otherwise great story lines. Many of your stories are much more complete and I wonder about the inconsistantcies of your thoughts? this is just my opinion

This ending did leave me in the lurch.

Thanks for your efforts.

DJC

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it.

One of the best romantic stories i have ever gone through. I liked your protagonist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Most heart touching story

This is the most heart touching love story i have ever read. I really don't know how you are so abled to narrate the feelings of a lonely woman. I hate to admit it but it made me cry a lot during the story. By the way you are the best writer and please please keep writing.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Lovely

I don't agree with with the commenters that said she was too immature and mental to just need a family and a husband that cares for her. Aaron was a shrink and told Cal that she just needed love and someone to care for her at the first of the story. She got all that during the story. She was fragile but still a strong person at the same time. None of this shrink stuff was even around for thousands of years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
incomplete story

seems something happened in the last few paragraphs. Never mentioned marriage and the man is holding a 12 year old daughter in his arms? before you post a story you should proofread it for readability not just spelling and grammar.

toby9790toby9790over 12 years ago
Kind of Rushed ending!

This was a good story. It would have been even better if you didn't rush the ending. I mean you went from her getting over the near rape, to her and Cal having a 12 year daughter in just a few paragraphs. You didn't even describe the wedding, their first time, the pregnancy, or even when Cal moves in with her. I usually love your stories, but you kind of rushed out all the good parts in this one. I give it 4 stars, it could have been a 5 star story if you would have taken the time to describe some of the more important parts. 4**** toby9790.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Putt Putt Putt ZOOM!

Nice story till the end. Felt like someone strapped a rocket to my ass and I missed the last half of the story :-(

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Sudden ending but a good one

That was a good read with a lot of life lived within it -

Lot's to think on and consider about people and life -

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Dear Author, Again, a five star work. Thanks as usual, jntiques

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

n ice story but wow what a fast endinng sorry 3 only for the rushed ending no build up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story, but like Putt Putt Zoom so hilariously said "it felt like a rocket was strapped to my ass and I missed the last half of the story". Guy's funny. Still gave it a 4,,,with a more developed ending a solid 5.

auhunter04auhunter04about 2 years ago

For all of those who think this could be better, put up or shut up.

Life don't meet your criteria, it meets it's own.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

What did I just read here? I love this story, it is a bit different kind of love story but I believe you pulled it off to a good ending.

I do understand some of the comments about the story that it seems to be incomplete at the end but to me it is all there, at least in my minds eye. Thank you and KUDOS

olddave51olddave51over 1 year ago

Great story...

... but again as many literotica stories too fast of an ending...

... how did his practice flourish, Her job how she excelled, their wedding, their children.

Just wanting more of the great story.

Nice how you repeated the dream to make the good part come true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

WHY DID THE BITCH SISTER JAN TELL HIM TO NOT CALL PYSCHO AND GIVE HER SPACE UNTIL HE STARTED HIS PRACTICE - WHAT FUCKED UP ADVICE IS THIS FROM THE FARM BITCH JAN!!

THEN WHAT A FUCKED UP RUSHED ENDING!!

THIS CUCK WRITER IS SOMETHING ELSE!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

2 stars because i dont know what the fuck happened in the end

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a bad tale. However,it confused me, and I had to read on in the hope that I would understand what you were trying to do. Nevertheless I did not understand the point that you were trying to make..

I just did not understand what you were were trying to do.

Ursus1932Ursus19325 months ago

Whatever happened to an ending? Needs the attention of FTDS (Finish The Damned Story)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have no idea why anyone would want anything added to this near perfect story. Neither can I understand the almost psychotic hate spewed by some commenters.

I feel sorry for some people.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous