All Comments on 'To Love a Stray Ch. 20'

by Mygypsy

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mental health

Very daring to allow such mental frailty shown in the heroine. Stigma does not wash off. She may be strong, but she is damaged and that does not go well with simple lovestories or happily ever afters...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I don't like Rosies character anymore. There are no people left with whom i can relate or a likeable. I'm sorry, I'm out.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 1 year ago

Poor Rosy!

It feels so real to me, the fury and frustration of being disregarded by all the males surrounding her. Just because she’s smaller, weaker and female, all control of her own life has been ripped from her “for her own sake.” Naturally, the big, strong males know best. Aargh! I can’t even count how often I’ve had my wishes dismissed in similar fashion.

I’m amazed Rosy has held up as long as she has. No one seems to consider she’s been able to care for herself for years. Alone! The desperate need of privacy can overwhelm introverts forced into intimacy without any relief. Look at all the cages that have held her, against her will, but she keeps trying to trust again. Why is it surprising she has lashed out occasionally?

Would it have killed anyone to have listened to her, given her space to reflect, allowed her to choose her own path? Don’t even get me started on that horrendous scene with Micah forcing Rosy to “talk” to him! Ha! He just wanted to make her listen to him, with all those other males standing around doing nothing. How could the “two of them” possibly work things out together when only one has any power? It’s hard to read because it’s been that way in our male-dominated societies for so long, males see it as natural instead recognizing how abusive it truly is. Look at all the comments blaming the victim. Look at all the men convinced they have the right to control women’s bodies.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us. This has been one wild roller coaster of a story!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous