All Comments on 'To Save a Marriage'

by DanDraper

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago
WHOSE twins?

Nice story and not one I can recall reading anything else similar. Thank You. A bit more about the twins would complete the picture for me ... one way or another!

Good job, 4**** it was only missing a more solid ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Someone needs a new best friend. And someone needs a better story line than this trash.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Such a cliche ending sort of spoiled it. Would have been better if she divorced him because she missed the strange cock too much and Carl really had to pay the price for his repeated infidelity with her.

sirhugssirhugsalmost 3 years ago
Interesting Premise

A brave submission, trust me I know from recent experience.

You had me until the trite "divorce hubby no. 1 and marry the buddy" ending. This ensures a lot of BTB comments, I'm guessing. Please ignore them, and continue the good writing, even if I sometimes disagree with your plot twists. Bound to be better than my tentacle monster idea, that ensured pissing off two constituencies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"There were two big juicy stakes on the table for each of them"? Dinner for vampires?

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Nicely done.

I just don't know if I like it though.

Well it was not Bryan's fault anyway.

Carl deserved what he got.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think a lot of people here are forgetting that this is just fantasy. To make some of the stories you read on this website, they're not going to have realistic plots. I enjoyed this very much, it was a clever story and I'm glad he didn't just agree with sleeping with her right away (that would've been unrealistic), and it had a great sex scene when it finally happened. Excellent job.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

@mattenw: There are a lot of storys on this site, where wifes think that fucking other man for revenge saves the marriage. So this is no new concept. The nearly new thing is the husband asking the best friend.

But as soon as the husband had to ask the friend either the marriage or the friendship is doomed - or both.

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 3 years ago

Both sides breaking their marriage vows will never work, it just adds more fuel to the fire.

JohnD46JohnD46almost 3 years ago

It happens I guess. Thanks

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Editing problems in a few places, but not too bad, per se. You rushed things along too fast in my opinion. Some of the narrative was awkward as well, although the main story arc was interesting. 3*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I was surprised, but I actually found myself hating the wife. I kept thinking that she had put the friend into an awful position for a very immature reason. The eventual divorce did not surprise me, but I think he was thinking with the little head to marry her.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Good story! Well-written!!! 5/5!!!

.

Yes, as Cap'n Obvious and others pointed out, it's NOT original, but there are only X-number of ways to write a cheatin' wife story. It's what you do with what you have that counts! 5/5

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

That deserves a well round ROFLMAO.

Not horrid but that i s not a saving grace.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not a fan. She needed a better husband and better best friend. 3 Stars.

His best friend should not have done it, but at least it changed the divorce from ugly to amicable. His best friend certainly should not have married his friend ex wife --- but it does happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stupid people have fucked up lives. The biggest question is how did these two misfits ever get married in the first place? At least they split before they polluted the gene pool with their spawn. Hope they all have better relationships going forward. Which is very likely, since none of them have anywhere to go but up. What crap for a life!

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't know who is more in the wrong here between the husband and wife, I'm glad the main character didn't just say yes immediately, that would've been unrealistic and made him look like an jerk for wanting to immediately fuck his friends wife. At least there was a build up to the reason why he finally chose to do it.

Great story, and I enjoyed the sex scene a lot. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice to have a "happily ever after", they DO happen IRL. You did this with a deft touch. PLEASE continue.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Just a lot of cheating, with no character worth caring about.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

the husband should have took the divorce and move on. He clearly wasn't the marring type. And the wife knew it and still got her revenge.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

This is just nuts! Bryan’s initial talk with Lauren should have included something like this: ‘I realize that you think he should feel the pain of betrayal by a best friend, but you’ve now involved me in a situation I wasn’t involved in. Do you understand that you’re making me do something against my nature? Something I loathe? How it would impact my self image?’

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great read with a good twist at the end. I did not think Laura and Carl's marriage was going to last, it was a messed up relationship. But at least it worked out for everyone at the end.

kdad9010kdad9010over 2 years ago

Fun story with a happy ending for everyone involved despite the situation they were all in! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"two big juicy stakes [sic] on the table" Why stakes? So the two men can stab themselves in the heart to end the vampirism of their friendship? Or did you man steaks?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

""What do you mean you're a divorce?" said Bryan. What a bizarre thing for someone to be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don't know why everyone here is pissed at Lauren for wanting some fun of her own. Her husband repeatedly cheated on her and she was very forgiving. She just wanted a little action of her own to make up for it. But it worked out for everyone at the end regardless of the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story, but the sex was pg-13. Wish you had been more explicit in the sex. This reminds me of TV -- when they cut the scene just when it gets interesting

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. A little lite on the erotic side but worth 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overlooking all the unforced errors, two things stood out. I can understand two beers for each of them. Okay. But two steaks for each of them? How could they perform sexually after eating two steaks each? Even so, I awarded three stars. The difference between two and three is mercy.

DanDraperDanDraperover 1 year agoAuthor

@ previous anonymous. It was meant to suggest there were two beers, one for each person, and two steaks, one for each person. But I admit I messed up those lines.

ukrainianukrainian10 months ago

A little rushed. You can write but need an editor. At the end I get the impression you had to finish and much break was nearly over..... Thanks for writing. I'll go find more of your work.

LechemanLecheman6 months ago

Enjoyed the story, yes there were the odd grammar issues but the sentence context could still be understood.

I can never understand how people continually demean writers here on LIT. If the writer were paid, or more importantly if the readers had to pay, then so be it - grammar would be expected.

I'm a tech writer/content editor and trust me, I've seen far worse contributions in the commercial/private sectors.

Anyway, well done.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

Good scenario, but the sex scenes felt devoid of passion or feeling - it was too mechanical. Let us feel, hear, taste, smell - all of it. The ending also felt too rushed. What was there was nice, though. 4*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous