Together Ssn 02 Ch. 12 - Cumming Home

Story Info
GF takes fiancee and family to meet the in-laws-to-be.
10.2k words
4.62
7.6k
9

Part 13 of the 88 part series

Updated 10/26/2023
Created 02/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***All characters depicted herein are of age, 18 years old at least, and all sexual activities portrayed are consensual. Enjoy!***

Newly engaged to be married, Pleasant, 23, does as she hasn't for half a decade; return home. With her fiancee, Frankie, 20, and her fiancee's parents, George, 46, and Lucy, 42, her fiancee's brother, Craig, 19, and her fiancee's childhood best friend, Tiffany, 20, along with Pleasant's niece, Gabby, 18, she approaches her childhood home. To the shock and awe of everyone from Frankie's family, Pleasant's childhood home is a castle keep atop a hill, overlooking an old town.

Arriving at the keep, Frankie and her family take in the sturdy stone majesty, centuries old, and George incredulously asks Pleasant, "How does your family live in this castle? Are you descended from royalty or something?"

Pleasant replies, "Not royalty. This castle was acquired through many favours and charitable donations."

George asks to clarify, "So, what, your parents are rich?"

Pleasant explains, "With a certain amount of success in business comes many advantages, and my family come from a whole other world than you are used to. Perhaps they will explain in their own words in more detail later."

A man wearing a black suit approaches Pleasant and the rest of her party in the outer courtyard driveway to greet them, "Welcome home, Mistress Angie. Oh, pardon me, Mistress Pleasant; old habits. You have changed, but it's good to see you."

Pleasant sternly responds to the man, "Carmichael. Still tending to the family household I see?"

Carmichael proudly replies, "It is my duty, young Mistress Pleasant. I was told to expect your arrival," and turns to greet Gabby, "Miss Gabriella."

Gabby nods into a slight bow, and returns the greeting, "Carmichael."

Carmichael casts his gaze across the rest of the group, and addresses them, "You must be the Reid's. I am the Head of Housekeeping Operations, Carmichael Blake, here to serve the Cummings' estate."

George asks, "You are a butler?"

Carmichael politely replies, "In simple terms, yes, but my current title isn't so reductive to my many duties, which include leading many waitstaff in their duties to the upkeep and maintenance of the estate."

Lucy tells Carmichael, "We meant no offense. We aren't used to such things."

Carmichael politely responds, "None taken. You were quite correct to call me a Butler, since I do everything you would expect a Butler to do, however, you would not call someone who runs a hotel a Butler. My position in this household is akin to that.

"I am instructed to escort you all to the inner courtyard, where a party is being held."

Lucy asks, "They're throwing a party for us?"

Carmichael explains as they all begin walking inside, "The party is not for you. It is one of regular business and social functions organised for networking purposes."

Pleasant scoffs, and calls out, "Typical. I expect no less from them."

In the inner courtyard, a couple of dozen people are gathered around in small groups, chatting amongst themselves, as waitstaff go between them, offering drinks and canapes. Soft instrumental music from a string quartet is played live to fill the air in the courtyard with a calming ambience.

Carmichael leads Pleasant's party through the groups of people, and announces to one group at the heart of the courtyard, "Mistress Pleasant, and the Reid family."

A man in a very expensive grey suit turns around, along with the woman beside him, adorned in a red wine coloured dress with a silk scarf draped over her shoulders, and he says to Carmichael, "Thank you, Carmichael. You are dismissed," and Carmichael leaves them.

Pleasant greets the man coldly, with almost no emotion, "Father."

The man looks at her, and coolly says, "Pleasant. It's been too long. How have you been keeping?"

Pleasant hesitates, her mouth twitching slightly as she decides how to respond, and she simply says, "Well."

The man nods, and says, "Good," and announces to the assembled family before him, "Welcome. My name is Domhnall Cummings, and this is my wife, Gracie, and we are Pleasant's parents." Domhnall, 63, extends a hand to George, and asks, "You must be George Reid."

George confirms, "That's correct, yes," and shakes Domhnall's hand.

Domhnall takes Lucy's hand, and asks, "You must be his wife?"

Lucy confirms, "Yes, Lucy Reid."

Domhnall extends a hand to Craig, and asks, "You must be the brother."

Craig courteously receives the handshake, and says, "Craig Reid, sir."

Domhnall looks between the two younger women he doesn't recognise, and says as he looks at Tiffany, who's arm is around Craig's back, "My daughter is marrying one of you. I take it you are Tiffany Bright. Craig's young girlfriend?"

Tiffany confirms, "Yes, that's right."

Finally, Domhnall focuses on the woman standing beside his daughter, and asks, "You must be the fiancee, Frankie?"

Frankie says, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Domhnall says, "I will be honest. It is a pleasure to meet you. To be engaged to be married to my daughter, you must be an important woman in her life?"

Gracie, 54, interrupts, "No more important than myself, I imagine?"

Frankie turns to her, and says, "You are Pleasant's mother. I can't imagine anyone more important."

Gracie scoffs, and tells her, "I doubt she shares your sentiment. I would wager that she hasn't mentioned a word about us: about who we are, how we live, and what we do?"

Frankie, looking a little concerned between her fiancee and her fiancee's family, with Pleasant standing stiffly at her side, admits, "Now you mention it, there is some truth to that."

Gracie smiles, and says openly to everyone, "I'm willing to try to make things work between us so we can all go on as a big, happy family," and turns to focus on Pleasant to ask, "That's if, you are, too?"

Pleasant smiles, almost with a sniffle, and stiffly remarks, "Why do you think I'm here? I asked for us to meet, remember?"

Gracie responds, "Of course I remember," and she turns to Gabby and says, "Gabriella, dear. You are looking lovely today. Your mother is around here somewhere, and she's been looking forward to seeing you all day. Why don't you go and find her and say hello?"

Gabby replies, "Thank you, Grandma. I will," and turns to Domhnall to say, "It's good to see you, Grandpa."

Domhnall says, "We will see you later, Gabby, my sweet angel," and watches after her as she walks off and blends into the crowds of guests.

A voice calls from behind Pleasant, "Mistress Cummings, it is good to see you," and she turns around to see a gentleman in a white suit.

Pleasant gleefully greets him, "Rajesh! It's so good to see you. How's things?"

Rajesh excitedly tells Pleasant, "Things are going great, and, I have to say, our recent arrangement is looking to be quite profitable."

Pleasant hastily interrupts Rajesh, telling him, "We will talk more about that later, I'm sure."

Rajesh realises Pleasant's desire for privacy, and says, "Oh, of course, Mistress," and looks Frankie from head to toe, asking, "And, whom may this delectable creature be?"

Pleasant introduces the young woman to him, "This is my fiancee, Frankie."

Rajesh takes Frankie's hand, and remarks, "Fiancee? You are to be married? That overfills my heart with joy to hear. You will make a wonderful wife... husband... Mistress. Forgive me."

Frankie laughs, and Pleasant smiles broadly, saying to Rajesh, "Thank you for your kind words. We haven't talked about terms like husband and wife with each other though, so I understand how confusing it can be speaking with the traditional terms, so don't worry about it, Rajesh. I just consider us partners."

Rajesh beams with elation, and says, "Of course. All that matters is that you are in love; that you feel it deep in your hearts. You share in each other in ways we don't have words to express. Your happiness makes me happy too."

Pleasant laughs, and says, "You are so kind, Rajesh."

Rajesh says, "I thank you for this wonderful news, and hope to speak soon. Anytime you need. I take my leave, Mistress Pleasant, and Frankie."

As Rajesh turns to leave, Pleasant calls after him, "Thank you, Rajesh. See you later."

Frankie asks, "You do business with him?"

Pleasant tells her, "More of a long-standing association in a professional capacity. I stayed with him for a summer many years ago where he showed me how he manages his organisation. He works with applied logistics, responsible for storage and movement of goods on a global scale."

Impressed, Frankie remarks, "Wow. That sounds important."

Pleasant says, "It is. I much prefer what we do though, more homely."

Frankie smiles, and the engaged couple turn back to their families, who are in conversation with each other.

Domhnall can be heard asking George and Lucy, "So, you both work in leadership roles in your respective organisations? That's impressive. You must be doing well for yourselves?"

Lucy remarks, "We're not doing as well as you. We could never afford to live in a castle like you."

Gracie asks, "Why not?"

Lucy replies, "We just don't earn that kind of money."

Domhnall says, "Right now, yes, but the work you both are doing can take you places. You are stuck in the jobs you are in right now, thinking you have obligations to the organisations you work for. Anyone can be brought up to replace you in those roles. The dedication you have right now, I could put you anywhere you want, and you would be in positions of power and influence in those organisations with no worries about salary."

George says, "That sounds too good to be true."

Domhnall laughs, and responds, "That's because you've never experienced it. What do you think your managers are doing with you? They are delegating the lion's share of responsibility to lower levels of leadership like where you are, and expect you to do it all whilst they reap the benefits. This is why I'm saying you can have it all, because you do the work, and you know it's value, and that can be applied anywhere, with better work/life balance and richer pay days. Just say the word."

Lucy asks, "You can do that for us?"

Gracie says, "What do you think this party is? It's networking. We know everyone here, and each has something unique to offer in business opportunities. Liaising with these people affords us opportunities. We can easily find something for you that would be of benefit, because we did it ourselves."

Domhnall addresses Craig and Tiffany, and adds, "We can find something for the both of you too. You won't have to work long hours for little pay. You can work as hard as you like in something that can make you feel good with opportunities to learn and grow, and you can live like us as a result, if you put the work in. Imagine being able to marry in a tropical paradise, vacation with the wealthy and influential, live in a castle or a palace, even build your own."

Frankie comments, "That sounds amazing."

Gracie says to her, "We can open doors for you in a multitude of places. Pleasant also has that access, but chooses not to avail herself of it."

Pleasant quietly responds as she tries to maintain her composure, "I just wanted to go my own way."

Gracie says to her daughter, "We tried to include you in all of this many times, and you walk away from it."

Pleasant begins to shake, and her eyes well up, and she blushes as she says with a raised voice, "You don't ever show me any signs you want me to be around, other than to be an employee in your empire. It's always business, but you have never shown me you care, or shown me any real love or warmth one would expect of their parents. You are cold, and more concerned with the machinations of your organisations than being motherly or supportive.

"You were never close to me. I only ever felt close to Gabby and Bonnie, and only because they're around my age, so we were put together whilst the grown-ups talk business. I don't even feel close to my sister, because she's so much older, she was always more interested in other things or other people than spending time with me.

"The best you could do was send me off to boarding school, and that certainly was an education. There, I learned everything I needed to: all the subjects on the curriculum I excelled in, I made friends with the other girls, desperate to feel close to anyone, and, I learned about myself; that I could be anyone I wanted. So, I fashioned myself into the woman you see now. I am strong, intelligent, successful, and, I did it on my own terms.

"When I met Frankie, I felt a closeness with her I never felt with anyone else, and when I met her family, I was met with the warmth and compassion I always dreamed of receiving from you. I felt what was missing from my life. I never wanted to walk away from you. I just wanted you to love me."

The courtyard falls silent, and an air of unease seeps into everyone, and all eyes and ears converge at the centre where Pleasant stands, shaking, upset, trying to hold everything in.

Gracie says to her daughter, "How dare you! I always loved you. Perhaps I didn't show it in the ways other mothers do, but I did the best I could using what I know how, and that's business. I'm proud of everything I have achieved, and wanted you to be part of that. That's why you went to boarding school, so you could learn to be the best.

"When you returned from boarding school, you were no longer the girl I sent there. You were a woman with your own ambitions. I tried to support that, but you made it clear you wanted to do it on your own, and I allowed you. I always said, 'if there's anything you need, I'm here,' and I mean to be."

Tears fall down Pleasant's face, and she sobs, "I guess neither of us turned out to be what the other wants," and she turns around and walks away. Frankie rushes to be with her as they leave the courtyard.

Gracie calls after her, softly, "Pleasant, please?," watching her daughter walk away from her, and she whispers, "That's not true. I'm proud of who you are."

Lucy asks Gracie, "Did you ever tell her that?"

Gracie stares where pleasant left the courtyard, and softly replies to the other mother, "No. I always felt it needn't be said."

George suggests, "You should tell her how you feel. That's all she wants."

Gracie admits, "I'm not very good at this mother thing. I'm better imparting wisdom or delegating orders than expressing my feelings. Success is easy to measure. How do you even measure love? I do care even though I seem unable to show it."

Domhnall also admits, "I'm no better as a father; following the example of my parents, whom I succeeded in business. They too have little experience with sentiment, but everything we have here we owe to them." With a smile, Domhnall says to George and Lucy, "I can see that you both are great parents. We have much to learn from you, if you are willing to teach us?"

George says, "Of course we will."

Lucy adds, "But, only if you help us into more lucrative job roles."

Domhnall laughs and says, "You have a mind for negotiation. You are sure to make every success."

Frankie follows Pleasant to a room upstairs in the castle, up one of the towers, and there's a bed in there they sit on as Pleasant breathes heavily, trying to calm herself, and Frankie tells her, "I've never seen you like this."

Pleasant looks at her fiancee, and says, "I have always felt small here. Unimportant. Like I don't belong. I was given a sum of money from mother and father when I came back from school, and they said, 'You invest this in whatever you want.' I had no intention of joining in with the corporate empire they are curating, so I wanted to do something to spite them, and be on my own. So, I bought the house, outright, and my equipment, and I started camming. Looking so professional helped me grow quick, and, I was soon making enough to live on.

"I always felt alone with my family, and, I always thought that I would feel that way, but, you changed that, Frankie. All of a sudden, I felt like I didn't have to be alone. I finally knew what is was like to feel love. It hurt at first; made me feel uncomfortable, because I wasn't used to it, but, also, I didn't want to lose it. I finally got what I had wanted for all of my life, and I never want to let go.

"I'm going to marry you. I want to stand in front of the whole world and declare my love, and vow to do everything to treasure and honour, love and cherish you for the rest of my life, and, I am doing it with or without my family; my parents, because you are my family now, and, when we make it official, I want us to have the best life together. If we have kids, I want them to know what it means to be loved, and the value of it, and they get to follow their hearts, their dreams, their passions, wherever they may take them."

Frankie nestles her head against her fiancee's shoulder, and says, "That sounds wonderful, but your parents must love you, in their own way. They don't seem like bad people. They don't seem abusive. They may have been absent, but they were hoping to provide for you whatever you need. That's much more than I've ever known; same for anyone I grew up with, and, I know money and work isn't the answer to everything, but your family's motive was love in their own way. I really believe that.

"I am with you by your side, whatever happens. I know how you feel, but, you brought us here for a reason; because you want this to work, am I right?," Pleasant nods, and Frankie continues, "So, we go out there and we make it work. I want this to work for all of us. Shall we?"

Frankie stands up, and extends her hand to Pleasant, and Pleasant takes it and stands. Frankie's gaze is caught by the view outside the window, of the countryside extending to the horizon, and she says, "That view is beautiful."

Pleasant remarks, "It gets old."

Frankie asks, "This was your room, wasn't it?"

Pleasant replies, "Yeah. It's the only place here I felt like I could be me. That view was like a prison. Seeing all that land, the potential of freedom over the horizon, a whole world out there. I always wanted to be somewhere else, where I'm not lonely."

Frankie says, "You will never be lonely with me. Come on," and the engaged couple leave the room, and head back to the inner courtyard.

Music fills the inner courtyard once again, and chatter resumes between all the groups of people as Frankie and Pleasant step into the courtyard, making their way to it's centre. On the way, a female voice calls across to them, "Pleasant?"

The engaged couple notice, and walk over to the side of the courtyard to see Gabby with a group of people unfamiliar to Frankie. Gabby greets them excitedly, and says, "Frankie, I would like you to meet my family." She indicates the woman next to her, and says, "This is my mother, Gloria."

Gloria, 36, introduces herself to Frankie, "Gloria White-Cummings. I've heard much about you, Frankie, from my daughter."

Gabby indicates the man next to Gloria, and says, "This is my father, Ray."

Ray, 60, introduces himself to Frankie with a handshake, "Ray White-Cummings. It's great to see you."

Gabby puts her arm around the shoulders of a young woman beside her, and says, "This is my cousin, Bonnie."

Bonnie, 23, curtseys cutely, and boldly remarks to Frankie, "You are so much cuter than I imagined. Pleasant is so lucky. My name is Bonnie White."

Gabby indicates the older couple with Bonnie, and says, "These are Bonnie's parents. My Uncle Irvine, and his wife, Sheena."

Irvine, 57, introduces himself, "Irvine White. Ray's brother."

Sheena, 42, introduces herself, "Sheena White. Bonnie's mother."

Frankie addresses everyone, saying, "It's nice to meet all of you. I'm sure we'll all get to know each other better later."

Irvine says, "Sure we will. If you need anything, you let us know."