Tom's Parallel World Pt. 03

Story Info
Tom goes fishing with the Top Dog Captain Brown.
8.7k words
4.8
7.4k
17

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 02/28/2024
Created 05/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear reader, this is a work of erotic adventure fiction, containing furry, anthropomorphic animals with human intelligence having sex with our human hero. If this isn't for you, then please read my other stories.

All characters, furry or otherwise, are over eighteen.

Hopefully, you know the background on Tom and the parallel world he has found himself in. This chapter takes us fishing with the Top Dog of the village, Captain Brown.

~~~ *** ~~~

Kitty shook Tom out of his half-slumbering state, pleased to see his morning wood.

"Come on, lazy head. No time for sex this morning, we have a lot to do and you're going fishing." He got up keen to greet this fresh day although as he pulled on his grubby clothes he could smell and identify each odour that matched each of the last few days' adventures.

"I'll see if we can get you some new clothes, Tom, but for now just get dressed and moving," Kitty said, wrinkling her nose up, laughing.

They both went downstairs, for Tom to find some of the best-smelling bacon baps he had ever smelt, and Brenda saying, "I understand this is what you humans like." He noticed Brenda smelled slightly different today. Not a generic dog smell, but a warm, unique scent. The three of them sat in the kitchen and wolfed down breakfast.

The human family arrived just as Tom finished laying their table. Oddly, this morning Tom could identify each one with their unique odour. Once again, the daughter, who smelled the sweetest, tried to catch Tom's eye. Her mother, who had a sour odour, was getting frustrated that her little son just would not sit, preferring to stare out the window at what was happening on the beach.

Tom, seeing the bright sunny morning outside, suggested to the family to have breakfast outside. The young son couldn't contain himself and ran out cheering into the garden surrounded by the low wall. The Mother didn't look happy, but then nothing seemed to make her happy. Father and daughter were enthusiastic, and both helped Tom take two small tables and four chairs out.

Hot tea and cereals calmed things down. The daughter wasn't as keen as her little brother to watch the fisherdogs and boats, but watched Tom instead. As Tom cleared their tables with an arm full of empty bowls, he felt a pinch on his bum. He spun around to catch the daughter blushing. Her parents, looking the other way, none the wiser, distracted by Captain Brown walking up and down, looking every part of being the Top Dog.

After they had finished the cooked portion of their breakfast, the father spoke to Tom.

"We've enjoyed the hospitality and have booked another night. What's the chance of maybe a fishing trip, just for me and the lad, nothing too long, just an hour?"

"Well, I'm off fishing myself with Captain Brown today, and I'll ask him what's possible," replied Tom.

Looking at his wife, Tom knew this wasn't her idea, but the little boy grinned like a Cheshire cat as he heard the conversation.

Tom cleared the table and returned inside the pub to find Kitty smiling sarcastically. "Well, you have gone and done it now. The humans posted a glowing report on our service, the pub and its boisterous atmosphere with the accommodation advertisers and have booked to stay again tonight. You'll need to pull some more magic out of that bag of yours."

Tom was dumbfounded. This was quite a turnaround after seeing the mother's judgemental temperament. With the family back upstairs, tables cleared, Tom carried all the furniture back inside and had a quick cup of tea with Kitty, finishing just as Kitty nodded to the clock ticking towards ten o'clock.

As Tom left, the family were also leaving for their day's walking, so he opened and held the gate for them, as they all made pleasantries in passing. The daughter hung back to be last out, but it was just to grab his crotch in passing. "Packing meat," she whispered with a wicked smile at him, following her parents.

On the beach, Captain Brown's boat was typical of all the other boats that had left the cove earlier in the morning. The boat was already two-thirds in the water, ready to launch, being held on a single rope by another dog on the beach. Tom got there and jumped aboard. The rope was released, and the boat slipped down into the ocean, freeing itself from the land.

Captain Brown reversed the boat as Tom watched the beach retreat away, whilst the human family stood on the grassy knoll by the bench with the little boy waving. Tom waved back and then turned to see Captain Brown also waving from the cabin with a smile. So maybe he wasn't all bad!. Captain Brown spun the boat around and the little boat headed out to sea, bobbing along on the calm water.

Tom stood by the little wheelhouse next to Captain Bob, who was now puffing on a pipe.

"Thanks for being prompt, Tom, lad. Do you know which house is mine?" Captain Brown said, waving his pipe end around the cove on either side of them.

"No, Captain Brown," said Tom. How could he know? Although he could see Sarah's cottage to the right of them on the cliff, with Sarah outside already sunning herself.

"Just Captain will be okay whilst you are on my boat. That house up there is mine." He pointed with the end of his pipe up to a big house on the left side of the cove, higher up on a hill above the cliffs.

"Do you know why I live there Tom?" He asked but answered his own question. "It's because I can see anything that comes around the cliff path opposite from Church Cove."

Tom gulped, thinking he knew what could be coming next.

"That's my good bitch wife waving from the top window," Captain Brown said as he waved back. Tom could see her clearly and also nervously waved.

"When I am at sea, she keeps a lookout after storms from that window. Yesterday morning she saw you walking along the cliff path, stop and talk to Sarah then enter her cottage... I'll cut to the chase. I know you didn't come through our world's Church Cove, which means you've come here from a parallel world and to date that has only brought danger to my village."

The Captain looked directly at Tom. "If Sarah hadn't come out that afternoon to sunbathe, you would have been met by a pack of us dogs and this would then be a very different boat trip. You have won Sarah, and Kitty over, and they must have some trust in you, although I am disappointed in Kitty lying to cover for you."

Tom felt sick, but not from being at sea, as Captain Brown continued.

Captain Brown became serious and looked Tom straight in the eye. "Last night you put up a convincing act and I tip my hat to you. Now, I can help you. I can predict when another storm will occur for you to return to your homeworld. You would only have to take a walk, stop in the right spot and be transported back to your world."

Tom's mind span, running through every scenario's he could think of, digging deep into his sci-fi book and film knowledge. He weighed up the options and risks to give his answer, knowing that his future hung on it. Knowing that if this was one parallel world, then there would be others. Tom didn't feel confident that they could predict which world he would return to, even if they could predict the event, which carried an extreme risk.

"No. Even if you could guarantee that I could return to the correct parallel world. I don't want to go, because I like it here. Last night I felt I belonged. I love Sarah and Kitty and I even like you, Brenda, the fisherdogs and the feel of the village. I have nothing left to go back to, no job, no girlfriend, no house, nothing."

"Haha, I am so glad you have said that, Tom. We've been watching you like hawks. You're still on thin ice, mind you, but for now, you can stay. Stay here that is, no wandering off away from the cove, not just yet." Captain Brown confirmed.

"Thanks, I appreciate that... So how does this transporting between parallel worlds works? Especially as you can predict them." Asked Tom.

"Well, it's embarrassing really. We travel globally using teleportation by bending space, not the dated de-constructing and re-constructing bodies at a cellular level. Well, in the early days there were mistakes made."

"The teleportation research station nearby cut corners, and these accidental portals resulted from a lack of understanding and control. Now strict rules control the operation of teleportation stations and no new conduits are permissible without worldwide agreement."

"We think these portals not only cross worlds but time as well. When these accidents happened history changed. Records showed events no one could recollect during living history, so we knew these weren't in our original timeline. Maps and signposts changed the village's name almost overnight to Dogwatch Cove, as if by magic."

"Aha, I do know it isn't called Cadgwith Cove anymore," Said Tom.

"No, how do you know that?"

"Because that's its name in my world."

The Captain continued to navigate the boat out of the cove as he explained further.

"We also know that landmasses aren't the same between worlds. Some portals appear over the sea, depositing travellers in the water. Some travellers aren't mammals like us. The Merpeople also keep a vigil on the cliffs and in the past have seen lizard-like creatures deposited in the sea. Thankfully, the last record of this was hundreds of years ago."

"Unfortunately, none of these travellers are like you. Some have been quite violent in the past. Luckily, in those early days, they had some sense to stop the portals from transferring metallic objects. These rogue portals are ripples from those first mistakes, caught in a feedback loop, so maintain that fail-safe. One violent traveller was wearing some form of a military uniform with locations for weapons on his person."

"Ah, so that's why my phone and watch didn't come with me."

The Captain nodded and let all that information sink in. Pleased that Tom wasn't panicking, and seemed to take it in his stride. Although Tom was still nervous and thought he had better get it all out in the open.

"So what happens to the poor souls that have come through the portals and end up taking a fishing trip with you? Do you really feed them to the Mermaids?"

Captain Brown gave a deep, barking laugh. "That old wives' tale? No, of course not. How barbaric do you think we are? I take them along the coast to the corporation sanatorium, although I haven't done that trip in years. They don't live long, even when surrounded by human doctors and nurses; they just can't cope with the initial travel. You're a lucky one, as you're not exhibiting any of the usual signs of lunacy!"

Captain Brown span the wheel and the little boat turned left along the coast, heading further out, away from the cliffs and rocks. He checked his course. Looking sheepish, he continued. "Well, that satisfies me and I have a proposition, the real reason for this trip."

Captain Brown coughed, trying not to look at Tom, staring out along the coast.

"You met my daughter Becky, last night. Well, all her bitch friends, she went to school with, have dog friends, ready to share university with, but not Becky. None of the dogs in the area will court her out of respect or fear for me as her father. As a result, she has a bad temperament and short with everyone, except this morning."

Captain Brown paused, leaving that information hanging, and looked at Tom.

'Shite!' Thought Tom with his stomach churning again, 'he knows? No, he can't do.'

"This morning, she was completely different, nice, charming. We even heard her singing in her bedroom. We don't know what made the difference, but Brenda thinks it was your stern command that she responded to and put her on the straight and narrow."

'Ha-ha, no it wasn't, it was three orgasms and a blow job. Jeez, I know how to walk a tightrope.' Thought Tom, feeling quite sick now.

"So with all the regional dogs as good as out of bounds, she will see you as some kind of trophy." Captain Brown's eyes had returned to the horizon, ignoring Tom.

"Trophy, How?"

"Well, unfortunately, she overheard her mother's nickname you `Sarah's sex toy', as it seemed as if she had you locked in her cottage yesterday. So you know, if she wins you, she will have her own trophy sex toy. So you need to woo her."

"Err, I am not sure what you mean Captain."

"Court her, bed her, break her virginity... For goodness' sake do I have to spell it out?"

'Shite, too late mate!' Thought Tom

The Captain maintained his lack of eye contact and continued. "Just for the summer, so she will go to university, with a notch on her bedpost, so to speak. There she will meet dogs from other areas that aren't influenced by my position, for them to take her as a mate."

Captain Brown explained that in a few days, he would be off with the fishing fleet to sea. Chasing an annual herring run, they will overnight in other ports as they chase the herring around the coast.

His wife will visit relatives so Becky will be home alone for a few days and Tom will have the opportunity to complete his mission then.

They stopped talking, and Tom thought upon this odd task that he'd unintentionally already started. The cove was now well behind them. They continued to follow the coast along with Tom enjoying the view, looking out at the coastal cliffs a mile away as a flash of colour caught his eye.

He looked around and was about to glance away, when there it was again. He focused on where he saw the last flash of colour, about 50 meters away from the cliff, by a larger rock, then another orange flash of colour. A buoy was bobbing up and down, but not in sync with the wave motion.

"Errr, Captain, should buoys bob up and down, like that one over there?" asked Tom, pointing.

"Nope, no buoys there, Tom. That's Mermaid Cove, we don't crab pot or fish there. We've agreements with the Merpeople."

Although the captain still turned to look for the stray buoy. "I see it now. That's not one of our buoys. No, not even a seal will cause it to bob like that."

He spun the wheel and increased speed, heading the boat towards the bobbing buoy, but it was a long way off. The Captain handed Tom a tall bucket with handles on.

"When we get close, lean over the rail and see if you can see the crab pot below. It's deep there so it'll be dark."

Tom looked at the oddly tall bucket and saw that it had a glass bottom. He went forward of the wheelhouse to take up position on the bow of the boat. The Captain slowed the boat down as they got close, and Tom leaned over as far as possible, dipping the glass-bottomed bucket in the water. But he couldn't see anything because of the sun's glare on the bucket's glass bottom.

He leaned over further and the Captain came to hold on to his legs. Tom could now push his head as far into the bucket as possible, obscuring the sun from the bucket's glass bottom. Being darker, his cat's eyes kicked in and he could see clearly as he searched the dark depths.

"It's a large cage, deep down, with a large fish... No, it's a mermaid. Her hands are tied. She is pulling on the buoy rope. She looks in a bad way."

"That's not a cage. Judging by the buoy it is a deep ocean crab pot, they're illegal inshore. My fishing gear can't pull that weight, you'll have to swim down and release her... I'm too old to swim that deep."

Captain Brown looked Tom in the eyes as he instructed him. "Save her, Tom, take my knife, cut the bonds holding her hands, then give her the knife. Come back up to the surface as soon as you can."

Tom stripped off naked and stood on the rail of the boat. The captain passed him a knife, which he held in his teeth, and dived into the water. The shock of being enveloped by the cold ocean water tried to cause him to breathe in the cold water, in his body's natural reflex, but biting onto the knife enabled him to control it.

He could see her and but still not hear her. As he swam deeper, he noticed that she had a gag in her mouth. Her eyes looked relieved, but she knew it was too deep for him as she shook her head.

She looked over thirty meters down. Tom's lungs were burning, and he was barely halfway there. Then something not human kicked in, a strong desire to save her, to win the day, but above all to do as asked by the village pack leader, Top Dog Captain Brown.

The mermaid's eyes grew in amazement as he reached the cage. She pushed her bound wrists through the netting, giving him unobstructed access to the rope binding them. Tom cut through the rope bonds for the mermaid to snatch the knife off him and start cutting her remaining bonds.

Tom turned and kicked off the cage to return to the surface. But he had been down too long, he was struggling to swim, his lungs were bursting. All his muscles burned with lack of oxygen to feed them and his vision blurred. It was too far and taking too long. Then he felt arms around him, his speed increasing upwards, but he blacked out before they broke the surface.

He came round as he vomited water, bobbing on the surface with powerful arms around him and what must be the mermaid behind, as he could feel breasts pushing against his back. The mermaid's skin felt almost rubbery and smooth against his.

Captain Brown was looking down at him from the boat. "Well done Tom, you've just saved the mermaid Pisces and now she's saved you."

A soft female voice came from behind. "Do you feel better, can you breathe ok?" Tom nodded, gasping for breath.

"I can't thank you enough for rescuing me. I could hear the other boats pass, but none saw me bobbing the buoy. When I heard Edgar's boat, my arms were aching, weak, and my strength had gone. I could barely pull the buoy rope many more times but then I saw you above me, but deep down in the crevice, I was sure you wouldn't be able to see me."

"Edgar?" Tom said, looking up at Captain Brown.

"Ahem, that's me, Edgar Brown... But only to my wife and close friends, so it's still Captain to you."

The mermaid breathed deeply, trying to recover from her ordeal behind him, whilst keeping a firm hold on Tom. He could feel her tail displacing water as it swept beneath them, sometimes brushing his legs. She pulled him round to the rear of the boat where Captain Brown was lifting the rear board out, opening up the rear of the boat, giving them easier entry to the boat's deck.

The captain helped Pisces lift Tom up onto the floor of the boat. Tom sat with his legs dangling in the sea and his sore lungs recovering with each breath. Tom watched the naked mermaid tread watering, with her long black hair trailing down over her shoulders and ample naked breasts. Her skin had a light blue dolphin-like colour to it, rather than a pink human colouring.

She placed the palms of her hands onto the deck of the boat and with a flick of her tail, lifted herself up to sit on the back edge opposite Tom, leaving her tail dangling in the water. Her front torso and breast skin was white rather than blue, whilst around her sides and under her arms it transitioned to the pale blue of her back. Her face, shoulders and arms were also the pale blue colour. From her waist down, her skin morphed into large fish scales, gradually thinning down to a large fish-like tail fin which was still in the water.

She breathed a sigh of relief and held her hand out to Tom. "Hi, I am Pisces, Princess Daughter of our family pod and regional school leader, my father Triton. I will be forever in your debt."

Tom took her human-like hand to shake it, but her skin felt more like a warm rubber glove.

"Hi, I'm Tom, pleased to meet you." Pisces words now sank in and with Tom still in shock, he flustered. "Errr, you mean I have saved a Princess? Wow, it's my pleasure... If I'd ignored that buoy and then found it cost you your life, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."