All Comments on 'Tonight's the Night'

by SanVital

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 9 years ago
lovely story; very real

a very common dilemma and she solved it right.

nicely written, sweet love scene. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Care to justify the cheating because that was she is, a cheater. Don't give us BS about vows, commitment, another chance etc. We don't know reason(s) Daniel wanted out, we know she cheated. They both stopped caring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
please explain

I catch myself asking this question to the writers of stories like this.

Mine isn't a moral concern. Rather, it is a sense of ignorance about the motivations of the protagonist .. in this case Karen.

What I don't understand is what has been missing in her life such that a good fuck is what it takes to give her a sense of complete fulfillment and feeling good about herself. I try to piece her psychological landscape together and I'm left wondering: has her life been so flat and shallow, that an extra-marital affaire becomes a peak experience in her existence?

I know these things happen in reality and in fiction. I'd still like to get a better sense of why. The workings of shallow, low self-esteem people isn't in itself interesting.

I have no complaints about the writing or even with the flow of the story. The fact that she crosses the line after she gets a message from her husband is a weird development that could have said something about what's making her tick -- one last grasp at a life she thinks she's missing, now that she's getting back with her husband. But even that begs the question what her image of herself and her life actually is, such that a brief sexual fling is her reward in life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
If This is Really the Way the Wifes Mind Works......

#1.I feel.sorry for Daniel.#2 Why go back to Daniel ? Lastly you mean fucking another guy and justifying it helped you decide.to try and save your marriage.Talk about odd.Well written piece if a bit self serving on wifeys part

Gomez333Gomez333about 9 years ago
This is a well written piece

Sadly it left something of a bad taste in my mouth. OK I get the bit about the wife having her confidence boosted by the attentions of another man, but why the need to get screwed as well. She partially justifies it by assuming her husband has been getting some while they were separated, but there is no evidence in the story at least that he has been.

Lets put the shoe on the other foot - if the wife left the marriage relationship and went say to stay with her mother while she got herself together, would the husband have been justified getting laid at a conference and would she have understood if he did and she found out?. I don't think so

Bottom line is that she is a cheater, no matter how much she builds it up in her mind.

cindylynn34cindylynn34about 9 years ago

i agree with angiquesophie ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
gave it a 5 beacuse I know the assholes called annony gave you a low grade

If they hate it it has to be good!!!

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
I don't agree that she was a cheater....

I don't agree that she was a cheater, like some comments say!!! He left their home, so she was free to follow on with her life...For sure her husband tried to follow on with his. I understand that she felt down and that the therapy didn't helped much. If she was the one to leave, the husband would feel the same. She found a man that was kind and listened her and she had sex with him...I also understand that she felt better after that. Then with what didn't I agree? did she fall in love with him? was she returning to her husband only for their children? If the answers to these questions are YES, then she should divorce and go for her new love. If are NO, then she shouldn't be sad for saying goodbye in the airport. To keep in touch if she is giving her husband a chance, isn't a good idea. These doubts in the limbo, put the story in 3*, when almost all of it was cleary 4*...

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 9 years ago
loved the story very good

gave it a 5

seekerazseekerazabout 9 years ago
Sad commentary

Daniel is an ass and she is a whore who measures her worth between the sheets.

Writing was ok if a little flat. I won't vote either way but if bonnie likes it I know it's trash. Let's see what her alter ego Annony has to say. I wonder if they share a bathroom.

The marriage is DEAD. Daniel drove the stake in it's heart and she pissed all over it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fantastic read !!

Loved the story, it was hot and sweet. I'm happy she found enough confidence in herself to finally let herself go. Those who left a negative comment, probably have a moral dilemma with a cheating wife. get over it. choose a different category. its a true to life story. there's no right or wrong, it is what it is. Such as life.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 9 years ago
not bad

But fucking some stranger will not solve anyone's mid marriage crisis, nor will walking out as the husband's character did. She did nothing more than satisfy a need to feed her self image by snagging a handsome man instead of a 22 year old waitress. When she restores her relationship she will likely be guilt ridden over her fling I would guess given the character setup provided. And what was Mr wonderful father doing when he walked out? With some young honey somewhere?

thebuffalothebuffaloabout 9 years ago

Absolutely top drawer. Well written, well plotted. Definitely a Five Star job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow

the kids benefit from having such a great mom maybe they will get lucky ans she will get aids and not end up with her great problem solving ability.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
re: Care to justify the cheating because that was she is,

Did you read the story? When Daniel left, any faithfulness towards him was moot. When a couple is separated, cheating is not a factor.

<P>

What let this down for me was her readily going back to Daniel. No counseling, no mulling it over. Personally, I was hoping that more would have developed between her and Torrence, that she told him she had found someone else. He deserved it.

rjordanrjordanabout 9 years ago
Very Nice

Well-written and a joy to read. Karen is a warm and interesting character. Hopefully we'll see more of her in other stories. Her fling wasn't a rationalization. It was a necessary part of her transformation.

Looking forward to more stories from you.

rj

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I liked this story, husband leaves ,a very insecure wife on her own

She finds out she is still attractive to others and is no longer afraid of being alone, so how is this cheating to you crazy critics making no sence at all.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 9 years ago
Very well done

When your spouse has said the marriage is about over, the dumped one has to decide to go or try to stay. Part of the equation is what is the alternative to staying? What's out there? In the end she chose to stay, not because she had no other attractive choice, but because she had options, and rebuilding her marriage was the most attractive one.

5* from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
As usual, the truth is in the details.

If the husband just walked out that night and never contacted her until the night of her first fling, then he got what he deserves. The marriage ended when he abandoned her without further contact or discussion. Any reconciliation and eventual divorce is fine with me if that is what works for them. But I don't see any blame on the wife's part, since he abandoned her. He stopped acting like her husband, so she has no moral or ethical obligation to maintain a relationship that he walked away from, for months.

I think there was a more intelligent alternative, if she really wanted the marriage to be saved. It sounded like the relationship with Terence had the potential for a new long term love affair. If Terence is truly interested in her she could have told him about the email from her husband, and asked him to be understanding and patient. Then she could explore reconciliation, knowing that Terence is waiting in the background. She really gained nothing with Terence by going ahead and fucking him. And she may have denigrated herself if Terence finds out that, just when the husband wants to reconnect, she decides to get in one extramarital fuck before the window of opportunity closes.

But I agree its a toss up, and I can't blame her for her decision. The husband? What a dumb shit. She may just want to cut her losses there.

maninconnmaninconnabout 9 years ago
Cheater?

Where do you justify labeling Karen a cheater?? Hubby left. Hubby declared it over. Done. Finis. Kaput. Karen suffered, and struggled with where to take her life. Sleeping with Terrance was her moving on. She needed that so much more than a marriage that was only a legal nuisance at that point. Well done story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Women Are Different

Husbands text caused her to quickly think of all that had taken place since he left and, in a few moments, she realized she had been through a lot, therapy, getting to be herself, developing a survival zone, feeling good about herself, realizing she was emotionally and romantically attracted to Terrance and in a second went to Terrance so...

Was this a..'I want to do this before I change my mind and I have the right to do it?...or, it felt good, it felt right and she was free to feel right to be with Terrence...and she did - ALL Night!...GOOD FOR HER.

Women are Different - She will never be able to forget how she felt when she heard her husbands words about leaving. Even with a reconciliation, she will always remember the feelings and the hurt. She may love him still, more because they were a way of life and had children BUT - women never forget and while she might decide to restart their life together, she is never going to stop having those memories.

Unfortunately, she is basically the monogamous type so any chance of seeing Terrence again will be a longing memory but then, she is now a confidant woman in her own right and the challenge of enjoying another man, romantically without hurt might just be enough for her...?

Great story, very real life!

2ndThoughts

seekerazseekerazalmost 9 years ago
She found herself alright, and put the final nails in the coffin of her marriage.

She energized herself. And now she knows that she has broken her wedding vows and feels good about it. Daniel has probably done the same but, if not, she is the marriage breaker...

She can work on her marriage all she wants but it's no longer marriage and Daniel will forever pale in comparison to her beloved one night stand. Probably better to cut her losses, get checked for STD's and start playing the field on her own. Oh, and be honest with Daniel that it's over and she's fucking around.

shvg65shvg65almost 8 years ago
Adultery

Adultery--Having sex with someone other than your husband or wife while married. I guess we know what she is or has done. She not only had sex but she did after Daniel wanted to try to work things out. Hopefully he finds out.

MaFreplerMaFrepleralmost 7 years ago
Usually it's the wife who is the BS character

In this story it's both the husband and the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

another cocksucking fag posting dumb cuck SHIT.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

They were not divorced at this point so legallly she was still married. So technically she was still married thus she was cheating. Now if she was getting back together with her husband she needs to be upfront and tell him about her lover in Chicago. Not telling him will one day come back to haunt her.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Good story and good writing!

Had a nice pace. The ending was a little brisk but rational and nicely done. I don't know about her breaking the marriage vows. He said the marriage wasn't working and walked out. One can speculate his reason but in this day and age it's a mid-life crisis. ( is that still an operational word? ) She had one too but didn't recognize it til they separated...she was dying inside and obviously Daniel felt the same way tho I suspect neither of them could articulate those feelings. Nothing is forever as much as we like to think it is. I think contracts for a certain length of time is more viable in this era. I'm old and don't know if that would work for me but maybe..probably. Men have this raw thing in them that raises it's head when some other dude tries to steal his pussy whether they want the pussy or not is irrelevant. That's just the way men are wired. Also..I looked this up on Google...most marriage vows don't have that "for sake all others" clause in them any more. I think we think it is implied even tho those words aren't spoken. As for that..well, ever had a verbal agreement and the other person doesn't follow thru? Good luck pursing your case. Even in small claims court. It's not going to rule in your favor unless it was written down in some sort of contract. Implied just doesn't count any more if it ever did. Honor seems to be a thing of the past. So to me, the idea of honoring those implied but unspoken vows is not really feasible.

Anyway, I liked the story, was real and human and I gave it 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice

I Really lke that one

ctdansctdansabout 5 years ago
I don't say she cheated.

I am taking the phrase four months since we separated as a legal separation. Not just four months since he walked out. So sex at that time may be viewed by some as immoral but I don't think it is adultery.

If she wants the marriage to continue she should tell daniel that she has had sex while separated. He should do same. If they think it does not matter then work it out. If it makes a difference then divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
GLAD I MISSED THIS.

I, WAS GOING TO READ THIS STORY, BUT, HIT UPON THE COMMENTS FIRST AND READING THEM, I'M GLAD I DID, AS SOUNDS LIKE SO MANY, A CHEATING MARRIAGE VOW BREAKING BITCH WIFE. YOU WRITERS SHOULD HAVE TO GIVE US READERS A HEADS UP THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN A STORY OF WIFE CHEATS, BLAH, BLAH.. OH, BY THE WAY, IT'S OK AS LONG AS THE HUSBAND

GETS REVENGE THAT DESTROYS HER AND HER LOVER BUT MOST OF THE

TIME YOU ALL MAKE ALL MEN, WIMPS CRYING AND WRINGING HANDS.

DazzyDDazzyDover 1 year ago

I agree with 266, he called timeout and left the house.. …could have stayed and worked on the marriage. Did he have sex with others while estranged, if so gander and goose.. 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

I did not like this smug cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

good story. 5+ I liked that it ended with hope in her future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanVital@SanVital
12 Followers
San Vital writes modern erotica using real life scenarios, with characters that we can all relate to. ebooks available on Amazon.