All Comments on 'Too Close for Comfort'

by leapyearguy

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
JakeRiversJakeRiversalmost 17 years ago
Funny as hell!

Should have been in humor!

Great read.

Regards, Jack

Kanga40Kanga40almost 17 years ago
definitely one of yout best

Thoroughly enjoyable story.<BR>

A bit 'crazy', maybe, but that's what made it so good!

jack_strawjack_strawalmost 17 years ago
what a hoot!

"...he was like a zit that was about to explode." Leader in the clubhouse for best line of the year in a Literotica story. Absolutely priceless. Funny as hell, but there is a serious moral to the story. One must never take one's spouse for granted.

drdax51drdax51almost 17 years ago
Great!

Great Story! It was well rounded. In the end I was actuall glad he didn't sleep with Ded. The plot to turn Mike around was really fun. Great jod! -- DC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Long intro ...

but then ...

<p>I had a laughing fit</p>

<p>Thanks a lot. Great entertainment</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Finally a real loving wife story!

This tale was excellent. The humor was great. The sexual aspects were real and enjoyable. Thanks greatly!

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
This is a great story

The humor is very good and sets the story off.And the fact that we have actual loving wives is great, too.. I did think Mike would get a full explanation from Bill but Debbie might have have done so.. So Debbie packed in a bundle of batteries every day??

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
Very nice

Very entertaining tale. Loved the characters and their interaction. Lots of fun. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Marvelous!

Great story-humorous,literate,not a rehash of dozens

of other stories. Please keep sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Doncha

This is what loving wives should be all abouot... Doncha just love an author with imagination - one who works at his craft instead of serving us the same old plot and characters? I loved this romp, thank you! So you get an "A" for pace, wit and creativity.

cbwheels2000cbwheels2000almost 17 years ago
best damn story on this board in a loooooong tim

great, great, geat, thank you for a great read

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 17 years ago
I am a bit confused about a few things

Good story-- I loved how Bill was able to turn this around and save 2 marriages. That being said I dont get a few things...

<br></br>

how did BILL cheat On Carol? he fucked her in the basement and Deb only got to watch .... DEB came down into the basement bent over stuck her ass out then showed off her snatch.

<br></br>

and carol wants to know what the hell is going on?

<br></br>

I dunno I was under the impression that carola nd deb were kind of close... yet CAROL somehow did NOT know about what deb was doing?

<br></br>

second if Mike was / is such a fat lazy slob and couch potato how could he and BDeb have such a good active sex life?

<br></br>

Mike gets upset b/c he goes 1 week without sex? so like if DEB has the flu I guess it means she is being what...gang banged?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Boring, implausible, self-righteous...

...crap. When I got to the part about making the big-fat, sloppy guy (who, in the real world, would have to expect his hot, horny wife to fuck around with real men) jealous, I just couldn't suspend disbelief any longer, even for a Lit story. First time I saw a Lit story abandon all pretense at plausibility in order to be dull. BTW, did you write all the positive comments, or just most of them, yourself?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
People with no sense of humour

That’s the trouble with posting stories on Literotica LYG. There’s always some bugger who can never see the funny side of life and takes everything too seriously. The trouble is they will post comments all the time. Lighten up folks, God do I feel sorry for your spouses.

The story? Well it made me smile, thanks for laugh LYG.

DC

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 17 years ago
Once again!

Another fine tale with a good plot, great characters, and twisted humor! There are two authors that can consistantly tell a story with a message and cause serious belly laughs, LYG and HDK. Thanks for another one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great

i have a fun time reading this story. no drama. refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I Wish I Liked This

...but I don't. The story line seemed contrived and forced. While the writer gets a 9.75 for technical merit, he gets a 4.5 for imagination and character development.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 17 years ago
Very inventive and funny

Thanks. Very enjoyable.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 17 years ago
Persons who are confused about a couple of points.

...should carefully read the story.

coaster2coaster2almost 17 years ago
Good fun and a nifty plot!

I see the usual knuckle draggers and mouth breathers are out. All you can ever do is ignore them; even if they won't go away.

An original idea for the category and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
How great

to find that elusive creature an ORIGINAL story on Lit.Many thanks for a really exceptional story,I have come to expect good stories from LYG but this is probably his best.

CindysBobCindysBobalmost 17 years ago
lots of fun...

this was terrific fun...a light summer erotic romp. It was a curve from the usual fare you see on Lit, not that I'm not a fan of them too.

will look up your other work, hoping it is half as good as this. thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I am confused.

Is it okay to write a sexy story where everyone is faithful, more or less, add numerous touches of humor, and then expect the readers to enjoy it? LYG has become a very good writer and a pleasure to read. That's okay, isn't it?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 17 years ago
I am really confused

I made the comment below but anon received credit. I guess making comments does require some intelligence!

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
A Great Story

I liked the story but you need a new editor you had alot of errors in your spelling try looking over your spelling next time .

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 17 years ago
Good story; interesting perspective

Quite unpredictable and a good read.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersalmost 17 years ago
Well done!

It's all too seldom that we see an inventive and original story here, with nothing borrowed from earlier tales. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great

Great story. We all love a good love story but especially one that is written well and is not predicable. Thanks for the good read...

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 17 years ago
Very good and a lot of fun to read.

Refreshing to read a well-written, tongue-in-cheek story with a nice plot and a cheerful ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Your writing is well done

I liked your writing style as it is akin to mine in being on a roll once it starts carrying the reader, but the part I was rolling my eyes over were many.

Marriages aren't partnerships. Either one rules or the other and if a woman is saying partnership she is in control and it makes hell for the man who she finally dumps and moves on.

Rhetorical: Why any man would want some goofy broad banging in his bedroom is nuts. Tell the slut to go rent a motel room if sex is that important to her.

Secondly why any man would piss around with this goof and the parade her ass husband in helping them is beyond reason. The odd couple are always going to be the odd couple no matter if he looses a 100 pounds and she gets morals.

That is why only the 25 as your story had the guy acting like a woman the whole time. Guys don't give a load about this drama and a growing number of guys are telling the bitch to hit the road and not putting up with the ice hag any more.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 17 years ago
An immidiate classic!

Fun and learning combined through mistakes and play, a la ... yes - a la “A Midsummer Night’s Dream ", well almost!

ReduxBlueReduxBlueover 16 years ago
What a hoot!

Really liked this story, and was chuckling through most of it. The premise was original but really warped. Going around to each of the other players for help was a new classic. Puts most of the other stories on this site on their ears. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
awh

Sorry but no deal. That one didn't seem true in any way... Cavemen sex? Lying to your mate, f*ng his woman? Come on... And your wife proud over it??? Cheers Yoron.

BalaakBalaakover 15 years ago
Enjoyable

I recognize the twists in here and laughed at the artful delivery. Excellent!

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 15 years ago
As a piece of fiction it was alright.

The only unreal element to me was the trick they played on Mike. In any real situation Bill would have been shot or kneecapped. At the very least there would've been divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty. It's a story though so the rules of "reality" as it were need not apply I suppose

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Folks..

What part of light satire don't you get?!-another good effort LYG-Pistolpackinpete

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
What a creative story.

It wasn't that sexy to me so I only gave it a 4 but it had everything else and so very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fucking DWmoroncuck! Had to riun my favourite story on this site by commenting!!!

Oh well...

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
SAVE YOUR BREATH FOR YOUR BLOW-UP DATE

and now to change my persona for good. TK U MLJ LV NV

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
Superbly written by a very competent author.

Leapyearguy's stories are the ones you devour every word and every nuance in every sentence. What an entertainment. Thank you Author.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Read!!

Very entertaining and different storyline. What a fun read thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Oh my god

I think am gonna faint. DW whatever actually rated other than his customary 1!

Hooray hooray

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
dwornock knows numbers -

I mean beyond 1 - but he is right this time -

Good fun - satire art its best - unlikely at a minimum but just fun -

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

An interesting twist. Well written.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Chuckle

Aftermath: plethora of hazardous waste. :-)

Thx!!!

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
I always loved the work of Leap Year Guy

It is a shame that he is no longer posting. This story is a classic!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Not Bad

Someone should tell Mike the truth, however. If he finds out on his own he might just kill. Still a decent tale.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
this could easily be in

the humour category.

I agree, someone needs to sit Mike down and have talk with him so he isn't left with the idea that his wife had an affair with his neighbor/friend.

Handley_PageHandley_Pageover 9 years ago
goo tale

well told.

A lesson or two for all of us.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
An Enjoyable Tale!

You did it. You made me read a love story that was a love story. So few real love stories on this site. I liked that there was no cheating, just some people in love that were lost. We all have it in us at times to ignore the people we love. This story reminded me that I have to put my love first and that is a good thing. Thank You for writing a very fine tale.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

Shit! I'd best get started on a diet right quick, huh? Funny story. Good writing as well as reading, lyg. Cheers!

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
I'm sorry but the last line was the best

This was OK. But the last line was the funniest: "CAROL! Did you see all these dead batteries under the bed?"

Thanks for the offering!

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
I'm sorry but the last line was the best

This was OK. But the last line was the funniest: "CAROL! Did you see all these dead batteries under the bed?"

Thanks for the offering!

IronDragonIronDragonabout 9 years ago
Absolutely loved it!

My only minor complaint is that SOMEONE needs to tell Mike that Debbie didn't really sleep with Bill. That kind of thing can ruin a marriage, even if it appears that they're reconciling. I'm still wondering why Bill didn't tell his friend that when he accused him in the first place.

Sure, Debbie went WAY overboard with the flirting, but they stopped before they went too far.

5 HUGE Stars. This could've probably gone into Humor & Satire, but it was fun to read here.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 9 years ago
last line

that was the best

cartmanrlscartmanrlsover 8 years ago
very skilled writer

the thing is,a skilled writer just stroked us with a cuck story .he did it so smooth and skillfuly no one noticed.good job 4 star all the way

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 8 years ago
Second or third time through

Whatever anyone said or will say, I take my hat off to you. I LOVED that last line. I found it so funny I nearly busted a gut laughing to the point that my wife read the story and understood why I was laughing so hard. "Carol, did you see all these dead batteries under the bed?"...

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Very well done.

Original, creative, and funny.

I loved how he finally snapped and said SOMEBODY is going to get fucked!

Beautiful

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Truly fun story!

Very satisfying, erotic and humorous!

5* easily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just Wondering... /Rant On

"Oh and maybe you're wandering about Carol and I."

No, it's all fairly transparent. All is understood, except for the fact that your I/Me problem is like having a small steel implement raked over one's ear drum. Please, please, please stop the trailer park I/Me English. The whole story is one tedious wasteland of this crap.

Yes, one must risk the charge of pedantry to occasionally mention this type of thing. It is extremely irritating.

Mistakes are one thing. My dictionary is just now cracked open to "occasionally". But how the hell is it that a writer can't simply split the sentence and pick out the right way to say it? Maybe you are wondering about me. Maybe you are wondering about Carol. Maybe you are wondering about Carol and me.

Don't you goofballs realize that in short order people in this country are going to be speaking Spinglisk and staring like emus at each other wondering what the hell the other guy is trying to say?

/rant off

As far as the story goes, it would have worked better without all of the overhyped swagger. The unrelenting tommy-lee-jonesing man-gripes of the protagonist begin to cloy all too quickly. And frankly, they don't add up. If he is such a high-T walking hard on, how the hell did he let his wife put his manmeat in the freezer in the first place?

On the other hand, the writer gets credit for including the one pearl of wisdom that every single young man on his way to the altar should be told by dear old dad:

Never ever let a woman's sexual modesty throw ice water on the marital sex life.

Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great stories

Your a funny guy lol

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 6 years ago
if that is the plan

to get the couple together and a completely honor-less person puts up with it and watches wife getting pawed and not kick her out, then perhaps the marriage wasn't worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

ON CUE WITH HIS WIFE BUT COULD HAVE CENTRE POCKETED ANOTHER IF HE HAD NOT GOT SNOOKERED, JUST 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This could have easily gone sideways

If Mike had a hidden side to him, as apparently everyone else did, he could have caused either a lot of damage to Bill (late night attack somewhere) or to dump Debbie and have a revenge affair of his own. You gotta be careful pulling a stunt like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
OVER THE TOP

Way past realistic. How else could it be so funny?

Funny.

Maybe funnier than the story?

The comments.

Those who got it.

Especially those who didn't.

Yes. Could have been in Humor

Or Fantasy (Sci-Fi/Fantasy).

Or Loving Wives.

It was a great fun, funny story wherever it was placed.

The best place for it to be placed was on my computer screen.

Paul in Oklahoma

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another good one

You have a wicked sense of humor. I couldn't tell which way this was going to go. Great work.

dark2donut2dark2donut2about 5 years ago
Strange stuff

Some story, non-standard plot, not very believable (wife forced into sex in front of a friend? Husband like "Mike" who is begging a guy that he thinks is stealing his wife?) but somehow holds together. Not great but not as awful as some other stories this guy wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I really enjoyed the story ESPECIALLY the last sentence. Thank you for a well thought out story!!

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstoryover 4 years ago
LoL

New clothes $80

New dildo $18

New lingerie $32

Last line priceless

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I wonder how comfortable Dark2Dumbass2 can be with that stick stuck up his ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Re: MrPickleBunEyes

I think you pretty much echo my comments at the end of 'The Truth At The End Of The Day'. Some people couldn't see in the dark with a floodlight. Special thanks to Paul in Oklahoma (Anon 7/29/18), yeah, some of us got it. Even timriv couldn't ruin this story. Signed: BTW

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Funny

You have a way of telling a story with the right dash of humor. Very much enjoyed.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

I really like this story, and even more the second time.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
The ending.........

The best. lmao

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Great Ending

One of the funniest ending ever.

beanburner69beanburner69over 3 years ago
Gone

I just finished reading all of LYG's work. I see nothing current (2020) and nothing after 2008. I don't know what happened to LYG, but I would like to say, you may begone but not for gotten. I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

It's dangerous when you try to make a husband jealous...

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Truly enjoyed this one. And got a real chuckle out of the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry I’m dumb but can someone explain the last sentence to me

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To anonymous, yea you are dumb, bet you were wearing Donny boys new MAGA hat when you read this

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

To Anon #2, The batteries under the bed, that is the bed Debbie was sleeping in when she cut her husband off from sex, the batteries were for her sex toy and a little self gratification cause she quit having sex with her husband to 'wake' him up.

Good story and funny but also so true, because we (at least me) after a time take our wives for granted. We are busy earning a living and providing for a family. We are married and don't have to try hard to impress the pretty thing we married. Sex gets old and its not as exciting when you were young and pursuing it. I read an article once years ago. A councilor was talking to a couple having problems getting in the 'mood' for sex. Turns out everynight after sex the guy would fall asleep with one hand on her pussy and the other on her breast. They both got so used to it there was no excitement any more. It took a year of separate beds and abstinence to bring back the sex urges, true store. How to keep the newness and sex going is a real challenge.

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg06about 2 years ago

This was a fun read! Really enjoyed it!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Ok, that was a fun read! It could have, and probably should have, gone all wrong and off the rails, which would have been a typical LW trope. This was refreshingly different and caused more than a few chuckles on the way through! At the same time, it was a great reminder about taking spouses for granted, and that is something we mostly all do far too frequently as time rolls along. Let’s celebrate what we have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a surprise! A brave Anonymous wants to decide who is worthy to read on Literotica!

8 months ago an anti-genius wrote: "bet you were wearing Donny boys new MAGA hat when you read this."

WOW. Sites like Literotica should bring people together in mutual interest. Now some person apparently uneducated, low IQ individual wants to divide people on whether or not they agree with his political views. To my ear it sounded like: Donald Trump is not worthy of respect because he is an idiot, you are an idiot, so you must be a Trump follower. and we don't want Trump followers on "my" site. Yes, build hate and division, leave no room for common interests. You agree with "me" on everything or you are evil!

Ad what about a good author who is so entertaining? Do we stop praising and encouraging him on HIS SITE for selfish personal reasons?

Keep writing mate!

the.hoary.cleric@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Certainly an improvement from all those stories where the frigid wife of ten years discovers she actually loves sex *from other people* :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Do you think Bill will ever tell Mike that he never hooked up with Debbie?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What they did is intentional affliction of emotional pain and cruelty. One's a pushover the other's a wimp

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This is an entertining and interesting story but I am not giving it above 3 stars because Debbie is a cheating POS and wasn't punished at all. "My husband doesn't pay *enough* attention to me" is not a valid reason to cheat. So divorce his ass and get a better one next time if you can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy a story plot that is seldom used and not just the standard story line. Thanks, nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cute story, too bad Carol was not at least as horny while pregnant as she was before... it happens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written story. Liked the first half better where the MC and Carol work out how to overcome her barriers and reconnect sexually. The second half is creative but not plausible. I don't see Mike playing ball to save his marriage with no confrontation and accepting an ongoing (albeit fake) affair. Just wouldn't happen. He would either seek a divorce, cut bait and run, or get violent. And Mike never learns the truth. Meanwhile to thr commenters, yeah Debbie was a constant tease and went over the line and even offered Carol a way out, but she technically didn't cheat or commit adultery. But she did inflict emotional harm on Mike who though he took their marriage for granted didn't deserve being forced to deal with a pretend affair. Yeah she was desperate, but thatbis not thr way to do things. Yes she has probably tried a lot of things but she could have had the decency to force a separation and say she was going to fuck other guys for three months and decide if she wanted to still be married. That is cold but at least it gives Mike a severe warning shot. Instead she ripped out his heart and made him work for their marriage. Huh?

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Absolutely hate it. You don't fix marriage with subterfuge and lies. Certainly not with humiliation and total disrespect. Mike may have been doughy and lazy but he didn't deserve this. Him going crazy and killing everyone, divorcing and saying fuck it, having the dumb fuck protagonist beaten within an inch of his life, are as likely to occur (some more so) than this bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@AngelRider.

Mike deserved the disrespect because he didn't respect himself, his marriage or his wife.

He needed a lesson in manning up, and if that didn't work he wasn't worth it.

As for your version of events, if it had gone off the rails, an intervention would have fixed it.

No-one, especially some guy who let's his wife all-but drop to her knees and suck off a neighbour at the bbq table, is going to go straight for a gun without having a breakdown first.

My God... Bill tried telling him that things were beyond the joke and all he said was "It'll never go any further, and if it does, why not enjoy the ride?"

If that's not blanket permission, if that's not a statement that he wouldn't stop Debbie fucking around, what is?

If Mike had blown up, just lay it out for him, tell him the truth, show him the toy and the pile of batteries and then tell him the reason why... that they were all giving him a hard lesson to kick-start his brain, to show him that he wasn't living up to his part of the deal, and they were doing it For him, and for her.

That would probably have been as effective a wakeup call as how the action played out in this story anyway, because in the end he had what it took to live up to his part of the marriage.

On top of that, rube... this is leapyearguy's fictional tale. He could have made Mike an all-avenging angel of death if he was so inclined, but he wrote it and he had the characters where he wanted them.

Don't forget, with Mike's earlier attitude, he all but gave her away. As far as he knew, she was only acting on the choice she was given. That's why Mike 'let it go on' as long as he did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Feel bad for Mike. He was never told the truth. Also Debbie was going to cheat on him in the wine cellar incident, though Carol was watching the whole time. Glad Carol and Bill worked out a way to improve their sex lives. But the plan to make Mike think Debbie was having an affair with Bill, could have ended very badly....

Helen1899Helen189911 months ago

Not my type of story, obviously some liked it so it must be ok. Sadly not my type of people

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Odious people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 hours ago

Okay, he didn5 fight for her. That sucks. But a pretend affair? I'd never get over it. Most men wouldn't. It's a recipe for disaster. Suppose his new body he catches a pretty woman's eyes, and hen he compares a new young woman that's crushing on him to his wife that had an "affair" because he let himself go? They need to confess before he justiably leaves his wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous