All Comments on 'Touch Him Where It Hurts'

by Serafina1210

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Amazing story of love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
That was ugly.

Simply terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Touching story, and true to life...

As a older man I can vouch for the fact that these things can happen, and how a wife reacts when you aren't the man you once were, speaks volumes about true love!

YgraineYgrainealmost 10 years ago
Beautifully done!

You are a very skilled writer. Thank you for writing this story.

musicalchickmusicalchickalmost 10 years ago
Brought a tear to my eye

Beautifully and sensitively written. I have been there. I know this situation. Giving this pleasure is a joy and a gift.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
A Story About LOVE*****

Wonderful story very touching. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
redemption

I want to praise you for this effort, especially when compared against a few of your stories that seemed only to be written with the intent of getting certain people angry. Yes, I mean, I read a few tales where the effort you put in wasn't as important as the response you hoped to get.

This seems like a much more personal endeavor. I don't think you care about the response of the masses here (GOOD!). I think you wrote this for the person you dedicated it to, BUT I also think you primarily wrote this for yourself. Maybe to prove to yourself that you could create a wife character that this man (or ANY man) would be honored to grow old with. That is the best distinction to be made between this story, and perhaps maybe one or two of your others. I think you really tried to put into words how you feel about the meanings of the words: Love, Devotion, Sacrifice, Compassion.

However, the narrative still can't hide the fact that behind the actions of willing sacrifice, there will still thrive a layer of unwelcome resentment, or at least a selfish sense of loss. Her attempts to control those feelings are tempered by first understanding it, and then allowing him HIS own sense of loss, without any judgment. She may struggle with it, but she is working to refine her sense of empathy. It is becoming her strength, and she is taking pride in the fact that she can still provide this intimacy for both of them. Perhaps, her enlightenment is giving birth to a deeper, more mature, and certainly more profound sense of love? Could it be that although some of the physicality of their lovemaking has diminished, it still expresses a truer and more complete love shared between them than ever before?

If this is where you were going with this story intentionally, then again, I am happy to give you high marks. Maybe making others think is a happy, though accidental, byproduct of this sentimental short. Either way, I think you as an author should be satisfied to leave behind the cartoons to the kids, and take on more of these complex characters and realistic emotions. Clearly, your writing is better for it. Thanks!

Serafina1210Serafina1210almost 10 years agoAuthor
Only one

I've only written one story of which even a small part of the aim was to make people angry (the much greater aim being to make them laugh). Any other that's been interpreted that way is a case of my unintentionally putting my foot in it. I mainly write naughty stories about love.

Yes, this story is inspired by something personal. But never forget that between the inspiration and the final product are layers of fiction that make the reality unknowable.

JWrenJWrenover 9 years ago
So caring

Thanks for sharing, for demonstrating in a few words what husband-wife love is all about. To care is a double joy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous