Trading in Strange Places Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pushing herself into my front, the two of us against the counter, Ellen said, "She is a terrible distraction, making me want you." We stood there quietly, watching.

I stayed on topic. "If McGinnis is half mad, or something like that, there might be a screwball attempt on us. Do you think he would injure someone?"

"Actually, without a job, he probably needs money more than some half-assed idea of revenge. What about stealing our client list?"

"Always a target for trading companies, but a little far fetched. Perhaps I will tell C-M to dump the encrypted client file offline every night for now, in addition to the Nampa copy."

"Yes, good thought. Do you suppose we should hire a PI to see where he is hiding out?"

Rya was doing a walkover to us, letting herself fall into four arms, and get kissed and licked.

"I could hear you talking. What has been decided?"

"Several things. First, you are a terrible attractive nuisance and will be entered as a living naked model in the next Steamboat art show. Second, we have work for you on the McGinnis situation. Third, get yourself a ticket for New York a couple of days from now. We need a competent body on the ground there until our problems are clearer."

She bounced around on her toes, hands punching the air. "Naked Art? That costs big money if it is my body!"

Kathleen and Toni had come up behind Ellen and me, and were staring at the Rya performance. "What got her doing that?"

Ellen put an armlock on me. "He has been teasing. In between talk about attacks."

Toni said, "That is why we are here. Kathleen thinks we should be in New York. That is where the gossip is."

The room was filled by a loud screech from Rya. "I knew it! Great minds think alike. The three of us will go! He has already ordered me to New York."

Kathleen stepped close and said, "This is good. A team is needed to cover for each other. We can stay at the apartment. They are so keyed up, what if we go tomorrow?"

"Should I send Richard along? This could get nasty."

"He is needed more here. I can always buy good protection there."

Dinner was quiet. Afterwards, we made the usual pile on the living room carpet. Richard sat nearby and said to the three travelers, "You are a scouting detail. No hostilities without backup, understand?"

There was no more teasing, everyone thinking about Steve Waldron's warning and how serious it might be.

I took the airport duty in the morning. Ellen came along. Hugs and kisses sent our scouts off at the curb on a rare cloudy day. On the way back, Ellen laughed and said, "Toni came to me, almost crying, and said she has nothing to wear in the Big Apple!"

"There will be shopping?"

"With fashion horses like Kathleen and Rya? You have to ask? I told them two complete outfits were on us."

She asked, "Lucas, are you happy with your new life? I worry sometimes. Everything changed so much after obnoxious Ellen showed up."

"Obnoxious Ellen is the best thing that has happened to me. What about you? Stranded out here with a guy and sharing him with other women?"

"I already promised you to complain if I was ever unhappy. Actually, I am supposed to punch you."

"You punch me every day. Must be a lot of unhappiness."

She was over my shoulder and giggling as we marched into the kitchen to greet C-M and Amelia.

"Look at them. You would think they were back in school instead of trying to run an important trading firm."

Grabbing Mely, I said, "We've slipped a day. This morning it is back to the salt mines to make money!"

(cont'd in Part 9 - Holiday Surprises)