All Comments on 'TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 17.5'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bawling...

Oh goddess this was So beautiful! My name is Cassi I've been reading here on Lit for years and even have an account(CelticMommy) but I cant get lit here or email to do a link to reset lost password so im commenting anonymous...

I love your series, but this uh "chapter" is the most beautiful ive read so far. Thank You

ironmoose007ironmoose007over 4 years ago
Really liked this off shoot.

This was a nice addition to the series. So do you think it will be an added feature going forward...? I hope so, at least that is my opinion..

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 4 years ago
Nice

That was nice, checking in on Rowan like that. Good to see that she's able to thrive. I wonder if Kal will manage to come back for a visit? I also wonder what those tales say about the woods.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 4 years ago
Really Beautiful.

This was a really nice way to tie up the Will-o'-the-wisp/Rowan story-line.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
Wow...

That was beautiful.

For her own sake, I hope that Ella's perception of time was not as lengthy as our own, though in a way, if it were, I suppose that would just demonstrate how pure she was, and more readily allow that finale to have a more likely "Happily ever after."

Artificial souls, if wholly made, are no less significant that those that manifest naturally. Thank you Blu. Be well, and I look forward to more of Kal's adventure, even if it tends to be a bit more rough and tumble.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
.....

omg i loves it warmed my cold dead heart

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
best short story/side bar ever!

!!!

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 4 years agoAuthor

@Anon

Thank you Cassie. When I started writing this it was going to be a campy, upbeat "Yup! Living without killing ppl works! Weird and freaky fantasies: Here I come!" kind of atmosphere. By the time I got done I had tears in my eyes and I'm sitting her going "I love how it all turned out... but what the hell happened?!"

@ironmoose007, WretchedMonkey

I have a couple of small side stories already but they are much shorter and patron only, (one for Kal and Kahrin's night together and another of a particularly enjoyable night had by the leader of the Carriston Thieves' Guild) this was the length of a normal chapter and I felt there should be more closure to Rowan's story besides just having her disappear into the swamp. As to there being more like this, I'd say it's unlikely but I won't rule it out completely as this will most likely be cut from the final book. Someone mentioned releasing a compilation of all these add-ons as an... annex (not sure if that's the right word) to the main series. If I end up with a bunch of these I might do that.

@Jedi_Kahn

Visit? Unlikely but not impossible. I really like Rowan as a character and I think it would be fun to have her and Kal get together just for the heck of it. But you will find out soon that Kal might not be as excited about the idea as Rowan would be.

@jpz007ahren

The best analogy I can think of is a stasis chamber or one of the Sci-Fi sensory deprivation tubes with the human in it (Matrix pod without the tubes and electronics?). Easily observable and has a passing sense of surroundings, but doesn't become active until an event of personal importance happens (Hassil's arrival).

I struggled a little bit with the end part and the "created consciousness" aspect. My conclusion was that, while she might be an idealized version of Ella, since she is based purely off of Hassil's memories, that doesn't necessarily make her less real, she just lacks all of the external experiences the living Ella had. To someone else who knew the living Ella she would immediately be seen as a impostor, but in this case there would be absolutely no way for Hassil to tell the two apart. Now that i think about it, if Hassil needed to pick out the real one he would likely choose the "created" version as her actions would align perfectly with his memories where the real one would have other experiences that might not mesh as well...

Dammit. I'm thinking way too hard about this.

@Anon

*looks around at other commentors*

"Did anyone else read this in Smeagol/Gollum's voice? Just me? Okay then."

XD

Thank you everyone for commenting :)

-Blu

Swampfire6Swampfire6over 4 years ago
oh my goodness...

Was not expecting to have such a gut-wrenchingly heartwarming moment, but i never do i guess. I love the happy notes, the way you make art from a jumbled lexicon such as ours, and the smile and glow in my chest that keeps me comeing back for more smiles.

SuggestionSuggestionover 4 years ago
Thank You

Blu,

Thank you for the story. I enjoyed reading it. Avel's fantasy was very imaginative (and had a slightly disturbing end). A touching end for the wizard and the tale.

You did not feel the need to go into details of a love scene best left to the imagination. You pick and choose those well.

I look forward to the end of the series. I also look forward to seeing more from you.

Cheers!

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 4 years ago

I’ve never thought of a will-o’-wisp as an endearing creature until now. Loved this TRC spin-off so much. Truly a beautiful tale in it’s own right, and a fantastic end to the Rowan story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is fine...

What? These? No it's just my allergies, I'm not crying... SHUT UP!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

That was beautiful. Thank you

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaover 3 years ago
anon

"What? These? No it's just my allergies, I'm not crying... SHUT UP!"

That was me for a moment, just shows Blu is an good a writer as I thought he was.

Arc2456Arc2456over 3 years ago

Damn, want is it with allergies. They must be catching!

loragassloragassover 3 years ago

one of your best, I really enjoyed it. thank you very much.

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

Damn onions ,always make me cry .Great job .going out like that sounds great

SerSaladFingersSerSaladFingersabout 3 years ago

You really got me deep with this one. Even more so then when Ikuno was taken. I've faced my mortality more then once during my enlistment. This is the best writing yet. Please no more like this. I can't break out every story of yours.

PenvsSwordPenvsSwordalmost 3 years ago

Wow, that made me cry. If you did a book or a series on Rowann I would read it with bated breath.

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Wasn’t sad. Had no connection to these people. Don’t see why this would tie into the story. I know Kal was nearly killed by essentially her and other wisp. We skip ahead generations in three pages. Now we go back to Kal 20+ years in the future? I understand you couldn’t really save the end for later in the book because most of us wouldn’t know who you were talking about but just seems like a waste reading. It’s really not going to feel right to try and go back and put rowen into kal’s path after skipping so far into her future. Your story we will see what you do.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Interesting diversion.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Well done. Tugged the heartstrings very effectively. To other commenters: this is obviously a side story. I doubt Rowan ever saw Kal again, after last chapter. She was just too intriguing/compelling a character to leave her story unexplored, if I had to guess.

goo_neiggoo_neigover 1 year ago

beautiful.

Thank you for telling it.

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthorover 1 year ago

Fuuuukkkk! I am not crying, your crying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was your best work by far. Absolutely loved it.

DruggoDruggoabout 1 year ago

Holy hell. That was a master piece to consume. Well done and bravo

I'm just wowed by it.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice! Thanks

Zilvarsux88Zilvarsux88about 2 months ago

No fair. Foul. I wasn't prepared to experience feelings. Great writing though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...