All Comments on 'TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 18'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 4 years ago

Another Great chapter..., as always. Thanks for sharing. JT

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 4 years ago
Interesting

Figures that Kal would be one of those pro-gamers using the bonus at max health mod. I suppose that's better than having a final stand ability though, tbh. Anybody that finds lots of use from the later sort of ability usually teeters uncomfortably close to the Dues Ex line for my typical comfort. I've seen it used well sometimes, but mostly it just feels... off. Also really leans into a martyr type character that you kind of want to not invest too heavily into, so the max health mod seems solid.

No such thing as cold. ~What a thing to say to an inquisitive mage. Also really dug the sufficiently advanced technology in your magic.

Thank you so much for another lovely chapter and again thank you for last chapter's sneak peak at the future for at least one area. A contrast displayed vs current events. Fearing the unknown is a good survival mechanism for a species, but not so much for a society. Though sometimes the fear is justified ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
hey lets go.....

When did so many good writers start adding to this site??? The character development, story progression is all very good. Its a nice surprise to me that I am actually looking for your updates. Only complaint.....how about a little quicker.....??? Great job, I am looking forward to the next addition.

AngryBovineAngryBovineabout 4 years ago
Life force

I am wondering if what he is missing is the part from Ikuno?

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 4 years ago
Professional Grade

The depth and complexity of your invented magic system rivals Brandon Sanderson.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxabout 4 years ago

I am really enjoying the character development. Dis is the sweetest little pervert, so much unexpected attitude, haha. Sera is rapidly growing on me as well, and watching her learn about the world around her is a true joy. Another great chapter in the TRC saga!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re: Kal's loss of 'magic scope vision'...

On the road he doesn't have 'the sight', but didn't he use it at the inn when he was checking out the magic refrigeration unit? Wasn't it also implied he was using it at the butcher's shop when him having the hood of his cloak up?

As I wrote 'magic refrigeration unit', I was reminded of a photocopier repairmen I met in the early '90's when I was working in an office. I was getting into building computers as a new business, and the world of electronics was new to me. At that time, there were NO schools to go to for building computers or managing networks like there is now. Electrical engineering, yes, software engineering yes, but learning to build workstations, servers and/or manage networks was all teach yourself, or way too expensive software company training.

So, when the photocopy guy came in for the routine service, and ended up finding a problem necessitating diving deep in the innards, I got to chatting with him, to see what I could learn.

So, I says, how do these things work, anyway? They seem to be a lot like a laser printer, are they?

He replies, "Well, there IS some similarity, but what I determined after working on them as long as I have is they primarily work on the 'FM' principle."

Knowing that all fields have their own jargon and learning it is half of learning any field/trade, I thought I was really onto some solid knowledge. Also knowing a field's 'secret language' is closely guarded, (pre-Internet, anyway!), I was cautious with my query.

Um, Fm principle... I don't think I've heard that before. What is it?

"Oh, the FM principle? Fucking Magic."

Know I've can add refrigeration unit to photocopiers as deceives working on the FM principle.

GeoD

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

still wonderful reading , i keep on reading and it gets better

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

I was thinking like anonymous, he seemed to be using his sight to look at cooler and study the unit for cooling. Now you made him even more useless taking his sight away.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Still reading and enjoying it

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot4 months ago

What a way to finish the day....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
1969 Followers
Lord of the Glass Desert - Chapter 40 has been submitted! Chapter 40 was flagged as AI Generated and sent back. I've recently begun using Chat GPT to help with grammar and punctuation. I do not let it add or make changes to my story aside from these two things, Admittedly, it...