Trial of Skin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I was thinking about your internship, and then about medical school and how they might be helpful. I looked it up. Nation-wide, Epsilon members have a higher rate of acceptance to med school than any other sorority, by a wide margin. I can't overlook that." Heat crept up her cheeks. "Besides, you know me. The sex thing... I'm intrigued and I can't let it go. It's not like you're any different."

"I know, kid. We're like bulldogs with something in our teeth. It's not a completely positive trait you know."

"Ever since we've talked, I've been curious."

Naomi snorted. "Obsessed, you mean."

"Yeah. Look, I really liked sex with Jake. I want to see what else is out there and this sounds like a way to have some structure to it, where no one's going to judge me. Who knows? Maybe I'll hate the environment and I can drop out. Maybe I'll love it. Maybe I'll just get an itch out of my system. I mean, why did you do it?"

"The same. I wanted to figure out what I liked."

"Then how can you expect me to be different, Nae? We were always so much alike. You used to call me your Mini-Me, remember?"

She could almost hear Naomi's smile. "I do."

"All right then. By the way, Isabelle Kekoa says hi."

"I bet she does."

Krista caught the smirk in Naomi's voice. "What's the story with you two?"

"Nothing."

"Okay, never mind her. Let's talk pledging. Clue me in."

"Okay, Kris. For Epsilon and Kappa, Pledge Week is just that. Most of the frats and sororities ride their pledges for weeks or even a few months, but these two do exactly one week. They'll know and so will you. First, they are going to grill you on the bylaws daily. They'll have you cleaning the house and some other chores."

Krista nodded to herself. That part sounded pretty standard.

"Then they're going to start drilling you on your sexual experience. You can refuse to answer and they'll leave you alone... but you won't make the cut. They'll find a plausible excuse to parse you out. The sisters--and brothers--will start needling you, asking what you'd like to do or have done to you. They're going to call you names, like slut or tramp, or worse."

"How much worse?"

"I think my pledge trainer called me a 'cum-guzzling whore with a dried-out cooch.' "

Krista bristled. "Nice."

"It's just a mind game, Kris. She knew I was still a virgin when I got to college and only said it to get under my skin. I ignored it." Naomi paused. "Once you're in, no one in Epsilon will ever use a sexually derogatory slur on you again. They don't really mean anything they say this week. They're just trying to throw you off your game, see what you can handle. Love and war, get me?"

"All right, Nae. I'll trust you on that."

"Try not to lose your cool. They'll be looking to bounce pledges who act up. Some inevitably will, or will quit. Just remember, they will never put their hands on you or try to coerce you to do any actual sexual activity, so keep your chin up. If you're really sure about wanting this to be part of your life, be honest. Aside from looking to get rid of people who don't fit in with the culture, they also want people who do. You would never be obligated to have sex with someone you didn't want but it's about your mindset. Are you positive? Open to exploring? If you show a lot of shame over sex or if you just want one steady partner, you won't be suitable for them. It's like playing a musical instrument; there's nothing wrong with not playing one but if you didn't, you'd be a bad fit as a member of the school band. Does that make sense?"

Krista thought about it, then shrugged. She'd always run with a fairly rough-cut crowd in high school, where the kids teased each other mercilessly, which had included tons of sexual innuendo, and it had never bothered her. Guys had made cracks about her body and she'd laughed or flipped it back at them. And she was still committed to the opportunity Epsilon offered. "It does. Are you sure your example wasn't a euphemism? 'Playing an instrument?' I'll have a chance to play different meat flutes, is that what you're saying?"

"Very funny," Naomi said. "If you make it to the end of the week, you're going to be paired up with a Kappa pledge and all of you will be sent on a campus-wide scavenger hunt in your teams. Some of the items will be everyday things you can get anywhere. Others will involve puzzles you have to solve and go to the right places to get a token from a brother or sister. Each item will have a score assigned. I can't give you any insight because they change the locations and items every year, other than to say that you won't have to leave the campus to find anything. You two will have to work as a team because you will be on a very tight time limit."

"Hmm," Krista said, frowning. "What does that have to do with being sex-positive?"

Her sister's chuckle rolled through the line. "Intelligence and teamwork are sexy, right? Demonstrating those qualities means you'll be a good member."

"Fair. Aren't you violating rules by telling me this?"

"Good grief, Kris, I didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement or anything. It's hardly cheating since they would tell you the general terms if you asked and I can't give you any of the answers. Whatever items you bring back will determine your score. If you finish in the top half of the scavenger hunt, you and your partner are automatically in." She paused. "Do your best to finish in the top half."

"Why?"

"Because the lower half has to suffer the Trial of Skin."

The hairs on Krista's forearms stood up. Visions of public debauchery and humiliation filled her mind. "What the hell is that?"

"It involves being naked and something else. I can't tell you what the 'something else' is, because like the hunt, it changes every year. But you will be naked in public."

A chill settled over Krista's skin. The idea of people staring at her in the nude made her tremble... and at the same time, inexplicably excited. "You can't tell me?"

"I said I don't know. I know about ten years before I attended school, the Trial of Skin meant four girls had to blow their partners in front of the exec committees. The first three to get their guy to pop were in, with the last couple out. I guess one of the girls involved had some kind of breakdown afterward. Word of that got out, the university and police got involved, and the chapter almost got shut down. Since then, there is absolutely no mandated sexual contact in the Trial... but you will be naked in public."

"Were you in the Trial?"

"No, I was lucky, me and my partner were third of our seven couples in the scavenger hunt."

"Your partner... did you..."

"That night, no, but later on, a few times. Don't change the subject."

"Sorry," Krista said. She let loose a sharp giggle. "I'm still having trouble imagining you doing that."

"Can you imagine me on all fours getting fucked while I blew another guy?"

Krista froze. While the idea of seeing her sister doing that was embarrassing, the notion itself sounded incredibly hot. She caught her finger caressing the underside of her breast before she blinked and managed to stammer, "Uh, no. I don't want to imagine you doing that, but it sounds... interesting."

"I thought I'd try it a couple times. Threesomes are fun but a lot more work. Anyway, back to the Trial. The three pairs that finished lowest in the hunt had to go stand naked at a different freeway exit ramp with a sign until fifty cars honked at them, the cops picked them up, or two hours passed. In theory, the last one standing would have been kicked loose."

Krista sensed a "but." "That didn't happen?"

Naomi laughed. "No. The three couples put their heads together, saw that the conditions of the Trial explicitly said, 'a sign,' but not which sign. They ditched the pre-made ones and drew up their own signs that said, 'Honk if you love tits.' The guys held the signs while the girls posed. All three groups were done in less than ten minutes."

"The committees didn't think that was cheating?"

"No, the committees congratulated them for original thinking and let them all join."

Krista nodded to herself. "So you're saying if I get in that position, to think outside the box?"

"Yes, and that includes the scavenger hunt. The other pledges are going to be vicious. Some of them are probably getting the same information I'm giving you, and if I know my sisters, they are telling your peers to be absolutely ruthless. I don't think anyone would actually attack you, because any violence will get them bounced."

"Well, that's good to know."

"They don't want the university getting involved, or the cops, so yeah, hitting anyone is an automatic boot from the pledge class. But don't be surprised if on the scavenger hunt if other pledges give you bad information to steer you wrong, or try to yank the items out of your hands and run. The committees won't care about that. So keep your wits and pay attention to what's happening around you. And if you end up in the Trial, be audacious. The more outrageous, the better. It's entirely in the committees' hands at that point, so impressing them is the only way to be sure."

"Gotcha."

"Okay, good." Naomi paused. "Kris?"

"What?"

"Good luck."

#

Krista arrived at Epsilon house Saturday morning, right before noon. Her steps were light and a pleasant smile etched her face, despite the wooden placards bearing the word, "Pledge" in the front and, "Ask Me My Bra Size," in the back. A trio of plastic-coated cables over her shoulders and around her torso kept them in place. She'd been wearing them all week, like all the others wanting to join.

Glad I'll be getting rid of this today.

Every pledge had a suggestive question on her back panel. She'd expected the breast question to go to a pledge named Ashley, a short blonde with a massive rack far too big for her frame. But she'd gotten one bearing the words, "Ask me how I lost my virginity." From the look on her face, Ashley would have preferred the breast question.

Bearing in mind what Naomi had told her about thinking outside the box, Krista had pulled Ashley aside and told her that when she had to answer, being flippant and creative would be better than acting timid. The next time they saw each other, Ashley had thanked Krista and confirmed making up something outrageous had made it much easier. It must have worked, since along with Krista, Ashley was one of the survivors of Pledge Week, going into the scavenger hunt.

Krista rolled her shoulders, easing the pinch of one of the cables. Even with two layers of shirt, the placards were uncomfortable. I could give a shit about the question, I'm just happy to lose the weight and these wires biting into my skin.

Plenty of guys had asked her. Most had done it with good humor and laughed along with her when she'd winked and asked their dick size in return. A handful of dudes had tried to be slimy about it; those men she amended her answer with, "Want to see them?" When they invariably said yes, Krista had scoffed, "Too bad, they're not for losers to see." Most had left it alone after that. A couple had called her names. One had actually complained to Epsilon about her.

She remembered facing the Epsilon executive committee, which asked her to explain the complaint. Krista had explained the situation, stating that she had answered the boy's question but couldn't help it if he was self-conscious about his tiny cock. Isabelle and the others had smiled and dismissed her back to her chores.

The Epsilons and Kappas themselves had been much worse. Isabelle herself had strode into a room where Krista and two others were serving lunch to several of the sisters. She'd said, "Pledge Guillard?"

Krista had straightened, as she was expected to when addressed by a sister. "Yes, ma'am?"

"What would you say you like better: the taste of cum on your tongue or the heat of it on your skin?"

Several of the sisters tittered but Isabelle's brown eyes stayed locked on Krista's, her gaze challenging and expectant.

Krista had lifted her chin. "Taste, ma'am. The saltier, the better."

She had, in fact, found Jake's discharge to be rather mild and unremarkable but something about Isabelle's directness made her think a bold answer would be better.

For her part, Isabelle had only answered with a small smile that said she knew exactly what Krista was doing, before turning aside and launching into a battering series of questions against another pledge--a young woman named Petra--regarding the biggest dick she'd seen. There had been several of those incidents with the Epsilons and Kappas, and Krista always walked the line between being respectful and defiant.

Krista climbed the porch. She'd endured the hazing and extra labor; now, she merely had to finish the scavenger hunt and she'd be in.

Her fingers flexed and she couldn't help but smile. Naomi had confirmed that the chapter liked to use riddles about school lore, to determine where to get tokens during the hunt. She'd spent hours pouring over the history of the school and sorority until she knew it all from bow to stern. Confident, she entered the house.

Monique, the pledge coordinator, waited in the foyer. Krista paused in the doorway. "Pledge Guillard requests permission to enter."

"Granted." Monique was a tiny, dark-haired girl, who looked like she weighed about ninety pounds. Krista had to look down at her. "Surrender your banner, Pledge."

Krista unhooked the cables under her arms and hoisted the placard over her head, glad to be free of the weight. Monique took it and pointed down the hall. "Join the others in the ready room."

"Yes, ma'am." She thought it a stupid name for the small study but rolling her eyes would have brought unnecessary grief.

She strode into the study and found four other pledges already there, including Ashley. She nodded to them. Ashley smiled, though the other three gave cool nods in return. Krista knew what they were thinking: another potential competitor.

And they're right. I mean, I like all of them so far, but we're going to be competing. Four of us are going to have to do the Trial of Skin and anyone who loses... She turned to the window and stared out, fighting back a sudden dread. I could still be kicked loose.

Krista shook herself. Positive thinking, Kris.

The other pledges drifted in. Just as the clock rolled over to noon, Monique entered with another of the sisters, a woman named Julie. "All right, whores, listen up."

One or two of the girls' cheeks colored at the insult but Krista ignored it.

"You're the last eight standing." Monique smirked. "The rest of your group couldn't hack it, so congratulate yourselves for making it this far."

Krista nodded. They'd been twenty-two when they started--the planned pledge class of twenty, plus herself and one other legacy who applied late and had to be considered. Nine of the girls, including that legacy, had dropped out on the first day of Pledge Week.

"We'll be beginning your final task in about an hour. Well, it will be your final task if you don't fuck it up." She went on to explain the scavenger hunt and rules. Krista listened closely but from what she heard, the hunt was as Naomi had described it.

She shook her head when Monique asked if there were any questions to that point. Her confidence inched up and she began to feel a little better.

"Right now, the Kappa pledges are getting the same briefing. They will be here at one, at which time you will be paired up." Monique motioned to Julie. "Julie will hand out your instructions and goal sheets at one-thirty, at which point you will head out. You will have until four PM to gather as much as you can and return. There is, however, one more wrinkle. Julie?"

Krista held her breath, along with every other pledge.

Julie smiled at them, though it was not a benevolent smile. She tucked a lock of her straight dirty blonde hair behind her ears. "You and your partner will each be given half the list. You will each be departing the house alone and you have to return alone."

Monique laughed. "Best hope you get someone competent paired with you since you will still be scored as a team. If the Kappa boy is a fuck-up... well, then you're probably going to finish in the bottom half, and we all know what that means. Julie?"

"The Trial of Skin," Julie said with a smirk.

"What's that?" blurted another pledge.

"That, slut, is when your team scores in the bottom half of the hunt and you have to put your money where your corn hole is." Julie tilted her head. "I guess you could put it where some other hole is."

Krista took a deep breath. She wondered how the list would be divided. Naomi had mentioned that both random objects and lore tokens appeared on the list. Would she get all of the lore? None of it? And her partner? Would he be competent? Would--

She shook her head. Going to make myself insane. Just have to do my best.

The pledges milled around. Krista tried to assess her competition but other than Ashley, she had not spoken to any of them enough to gauge their capabilities.

A few moments after one, Julie returned. "All right, ladies. Get your asses in the den and meet your partners."

Krista wasn't sure what to expect when she walked into the room but the eight young men from Kappa looked as nervous as the Epsilon pledges. Sixteen nervous eyes watched the ladies enter. A couple of slightly older men stood with them, clutching clipboards. Isabelle and the rest of the Epsilon executive committee lounged nearby.

Isabelle herself locked eyes with Krista. She winked and blew a kiss. Unsure what to do, Krista looked away.

Mike Collins, a tall, broad-shouldered guy with a devastating smile that she recognized as the Kappa chapter president grinned at them. "All right, folks, now that we're all here..." He glanced at his clipboard. "Schaeffer?"

A pledge named Chandra raised a tentative hand.

"You're with Parker." He pointed at a tall black man. The two pledges nodded and stood beside each other.

A moment later, her name was called. She stepped forward.

The Kappa pointed at her partner. "You and Wilkinson."

The two of them moved off. He stuck out his hand. "Brett."

"Krista." She shook it and lowered her voice. "Any thoughts about how to handle this?"

"Uh, no. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes."

"We'll be fine." Krista glanced up and down her partner. He was a nice-looking guy, with a slender, muscular build, a strong jawline, collar-length brown hair that curled around his neck, and deep brown eyes.

A moment later, all of the pledges had been paired up. Isabelle stood, clutching a stack of sheets in each hand. "All right. Each of you come forward. Epsilon pledges take a list from the left hand, Kappas from the right." She motioned at Monique, who held a collection of satchels. "Each of you will be given a backpack to hold stuff. Once you have that and your list, Epsilons move to the back door, Kappas to the front. We'll be releasing you in just a moment."

When their names were called, Krista and Brett took their lists. She gave hers a quick scan, seeing a mixture of scavenger items and lore questions, and took a deep breath. Okay, I can do these. She murmured, "How's your list?"

"Okay, I think I can do it."

"Good." She grabbed his hand and smiled. "Good luck."

"You too."

#

Krista trotted around the corner, bringing Epsilon house into view. She glanced at her watch. Nine minutes to four. Almost there, and just in time. She clutched her pack, which bulged with recovered items. Most of them had been simple: the current day's copy of the school newspaper, a blue hairbrush, an iPhone charger. A dozen tokens--stylized casino chips, emblazoned with Epsilon Zeta Epsilon on one side and Kappa Omicron Kappa on the other--rattled in her pocket. The tokens had been given to her by the brothers and sisters at various campus locations as she solved the riddles and found them waiting. Of all the items on her list, only a cane reed from a saxophone had evaded her.