Trial of Skin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Twenty-nine out of thirty. If Brett did half his list, that should be good enough... I hope.

As if thinking of her partner had summoned him, she spotted Brett sitting on the curb in front of Epsilon house. Relief flooded Krista; with him back on time, they could report in and have their lists totaled.

Her relief faded as she closed, noting the hangdog look on Brett's face. He sat with his elbows on his knees and his head down. She also did not see his satchel. Krista slowed to a walk. "Brett? How'd you do?"

He glanced up. "Uh... not too good."

"I got all but one item. Where's your pack?"

"I..." He looked at the ground again. "I lost it."

Ice formed in her veins. "What the hell do you mean you lost it?"

Brett sighed. "One of the brothers--a member, not a pledge--approached me on the way back and demanded I give him my pack and tokens. I did. He walked away."

Krista's fingers balled into fists and her nostrils flared as she saw her chances at getting to Epsilon vanishing in a puff of her partner's stupidity. "Brett, we have to report inside in seven minutes, so you have two minutes to tell me what the fuck is going on, and why I shouldn't kick your balls into next week."

He let out an exasperated breath. "Look, I had a little altercation with one of the other pledges after I beat him in a competition. The Kappas broke it up, though we were both told we were on thin ice. His brother is in the frat, though not an officer, and since Kappa officers wanted me in, he couldn't get me bounced. So I think he sent the other guy, to get me back for his brother's sake."

"And you just gave him your pack?"

"He told me the rules had changed and I had to. I wasn't sure but he told me I'd get kicked immediately for not obeying."

Krista's mind raced. She was certain Brett's pack was in a dumpster somewhere and beyond recovery. She was also certain that if they told the truth, it would be Brett's word against that of established members, which would go nowhere. Why the hell did they have to split us up? I could have put everything in my pack. Kappa members wouldn't have had any hold over me. I could have told them to kick rocks. She took a deep breath, fighting down her fear and anger. "Okay, let's just go in here and face the music."

They walked inside, where Monqiue and Kappa named Steve waited at the door. They thrust out their hands. "Lists and packs."

Krista handed hers over while Brett shuffled his feet.

They did a quick tally. "Twenty-nine out of sixty." Monique made a tsk-tsk sound. "Not good. Go wait in the ready room."

Krista plodded along the hall, her thoughts dark. Brett came behind, his face morose.

The other seven couples awaited. As soon as they entered, Ashley ran up to Krista. "How'd you do?"

"Not good. You?"

"We got all sixty." Ashley smiled.

"How?"

"We worked together. As soon as we left, we got together and swapped stuff on our lists to save time." The other girl gave her a strange look. "Didn't you?"

Krista stared at her, stunned.

"Kris, they said we had to leave separately, not that we had to stay separate. It was a pretty obvious loophole. I'm surprised you weren't the first to think of it. You were the one that told me to think outside the box, remember?"

"I..." Krista closed her eyes. Fuck me in half. I was so caught up that never crossed my mind. Goddamn it, I could have prevented all this. She looked at Ashley again. "I guess I didn't think of that."

Ashley smiled and patted Krista's hand. "I'm sure it'll be okay." She returned to her partner's side.

Krista glanced at Brett, who wore a ferocious glare. She followed it to another pledge across the room, who wore an oily smirk. The guy saw her looking and licked his lips. Krista stuck out her hand, stopping Brett, who had taken his first step. "Don't."

His voice rasped so low she was sure only her ears heard it. "Gonna kill that motherfucker."

"Not now," she whispered. "We just have to get through this."

He glanced at her, nodded, and turned away, his face tight.

The door opened and Monique stuck her head inside. "All right, all of you into the foyer."

They shuffled out. She noted the other pledge shove his shoulder at Brett in passing. To his credit, Brett absorbed the blow without flinching. The other man almost stumbled and glared at him.

The officers of both organizations waited in the foyer. No other members were in sight.

Isabelle pointed at four couples, including Ashley and the couple including Brett's nemesis. "Congratulations. You four are the top scorers. You're in."

All eight whooped and slapped hands.

"You're all dismissed. Our eight victors, report to Kappa house by nine this evening. You other eight, be back here by the same time." A vicious smirk lit her lips. "Then the Trial of Skin will begin."

Krista could not help but tremble.

#

She hated herself for pacing but Krista couldn't help it. She took five slow steps, pivoted, took five in the opposite direction, and repeated the motion.

It didn't make her feel better that the other seven occupants of the ready room were fidgeting in a similar manner.

She was here, about to undergo the Trial of Skin. She was going to be naked, in public. Eyes were going to rake over her flesh, taking in all her flaws, her vulnerabilities. The horrible feeling of exposure, or being on display crowded into her mind. She fixated on that awful sensation until it filled her head, drowning rational thought.

At the same time, it made her pussy throb with excitement.

Krista had been beyond annoyed that the longer she thought about it, the more she felt herself getting aroused. The idea had her nipples erect and at full attention, to the point she crossed her arms over her chest. She tried to convince herself it was just a reaction to her fear, without much success.

Brett sat and waited, his face blank.

For his part, he had offered to buy her dinner and to ease her nerves--and skip a meal in the dorms--she'd accepted. They talked a little and she found him pretty chill and easy to talk to. They avoided the elephant in the room.

I wish they'd just hurry the hell up.

They'd all been waiting in the ready room for an hour--a tactic, Krista suspected, to allow them to build their fear to a fever pitch.

At ten-thirty, the door opened. Monique and Julie entered. Julie clutched eight white plastic belts. Two matching colored streamers hung from each belt. Four belts sported red streamers, the other four blue. Monique had a clear plastic bag containing what looked to be folded cloth.

Julie took the floor. "Listen up. Now begins the Trial of Skin."

Krista held her breath.

"The objective is simple. All you have to do is get from here to Kappa house in one hour."

Krista waited. It was only a thirty-minute walk across campus from Baker Street to Vine Street, half that at a decent jog. There's got to be more to it than that.

"What's the catch?" asked another pledge.

Julie's smile became downright cruel. "I'm glad you asked. You'll be doing it naked. The only things you'll wear will be your shoes and a balaclava mask... just in case someone has their cell phone recording out there on campus."

Monique cleared her throat.

"Oh, how could I forget." Julie slapped her head in melodramatic fashion. "You'll also have these flag football belts on. If someone grabs a streamer, it will come loose. Brothers and sisters in yellow shirts will be roaming the campus. If they see you, they'll chase. If they yank both streamers, you fail the Trial and you're out. If you make it to the Kappa porch with at least one streamer, you're in. Unlike the scavenger hunt, this time you can fail or succeed on your own merit. Your partner does not have to succeed with you."

Oh God!

"We're going to split you into different rooms now. You can undress and put on your belts. We'll release one couple at a time. Once that chase is resolved, we'll release the next pair. Any questions?"

The pledges were silent.

"All right. Murphy? Tanaka? You're up first. Be ready in five minutes."

Krista noted the Kappa pledge took his belt and mask from Monique's bag with shaking fingers. Bri Tanaka, however, did it with an air of contempt and a flip of her straight black hair. Tall and willowy, the brash girl looked like she could outrun an antelope. When Bri noticed her partner's apparent fear, her lip curled, and Krista suspected if they were spotted and chased that Bri might simply ditch her partner to the wolves.

Will Brett do the same? Will I?

Monique opened the door. "All right, you other three come out. Schaeffer and Parker, in the kitchen. Green and Hague, in the study. Guillard and Wilkinson, in the committee office. Take your masks and belts, and get naked."

Krista took the belt and mask as she exited the room. Julie smirked at her. "Buck up, Guillard. Worst thing that happens is someone laughs at the size of your ass."

Monique laughed.

Her face burning, Krista plodded down the hallway with Brett at her heels. They entered the office and he shut the door behind them.

"Hey," Brett said, "don't listen to her. You, uh... you have a nice ass."

"Thanks for noticing." Krista faced him, somewhat surprised at his look of apprehension. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just..." He trailed off.

"I know." She took a deep breath. "Let's just get through this, okay?"

"Okay."

She kicked her shoes off and worked her belt buckle. Krista tried--and failed--to keep her eyes off Brett as he slowly shed his hoodie and tee shirt together. His torso was trim and his stomach flat. Her stomach fluttered and she made herself concentrate on business. She undid her buckle and lowered her pants, revealing her boy-cut shorts. She pulled her shirt over her head, leaving her in just her undergarments.

Krista darted her eyes at Brett, in time to see him lower his pants, revealing a pair of white boxers covered in yellow smiley faces. She giggled. "Nice shorts."

His eyebrows raised, then nodded. "You too. Well, I guess there's no sense in waiting." He hooked his thumbs in his shorts and dropped them down his legs.

Her breath caught in her throat. His cock lay against his leg, looking good and thick, and she felt herself growing wet at the sight of it. Damn, I like that.

Brett replaced his shoes, fixed the belt around his waist, and hefted his mask. He caught Krista's eyes on him and gestured her way. "Well?"

Oh, right.

She'd never shown her breasts--let alone anything else--to anyone other than her old boyfriend Jake, and most of their fucking had been done in the dark. As she reached behind her back and tried to control her shaking fingers, it hit Krista that she wasn't scared.

She was excited.

What the hell is wrong with me? My nipples are like pebbles and my pussy is tingling like mad. This whole situation, being naked here with Brett, when I barely know him and knowing we're going to be naked out there on campus... it's an incredible turn-on. It wouldn't take much to push me right over the edge. I can't believe I'm getting off on this. She tried not to laugh. Oh, Naomi... if you could only see your mini-me now.

Without taking her eyes from Brett's, Krista unsnapped her bra, and let it fall. She shoved her underwear down her legs and kicked them away.

His hungry eyes roamed over her trembling body, taking in her breasts topped by taut nipples and the trimmed hair of her mound. Krista's nipple twinged and a spasm pulsed through her abdomen. She fought down a gasp.

Oh my God, I almost came just from him looking at me! This is weird, this is... awesome.

Movement drew her attention. Krista lowered her eyes and then she did gasp aloud. Brett's cock rose, hardening before her very eyes until it was standing tall and proud. She licked her lips. "I-I guess you like what you see."

He gave her a rueful grin. "Yeah. Hot naked girl in front of me? Of course I do."

He thinks I'm hot? Wow.

They gazed at each other for a moment. Another ripple tore through her stomach. Krista dug her nails into her palms.

Shiny liquid oozed from the tip of his cock. Brett shuffled in place. His voice was raw with lust and tension. His eyes flicked to the door in the back of the room. "Uhm, I'm gonna duck in that closet for a second."

"Why?"

"Why do you think? I can't run around with my dong out like this. I'll hurt myself for sure." He looked around, grabbed a box of tissues, and entered the coat closet, shutting the door behind him.

Krista watched. A brazen idea had penetrated her mind; it had been on the tip of her tongue, to call him back, that she would take care of it for him... but the boldness of such a suggestion had frozen her in place. By the time she shook herself, he was inside.

Could I really have done that?

Another twinge hit. Krista squeezed her thighs together--and was shocked to feel lubrication oozing from her and coating the inside of her legs.

I can't take this.

Her fingers slid down her stomach and through the fine curls beneath. She pressed the pad of one finger between the soft skin of her lips and caressed her clit. Pleasure ricocheted up her spine, crashing into her brain with enough force to make her whimper, and she was shocked to feel an orgasm coming on. She stroked a few more times before it hit. Krista went stiff and her breath caught in her throat. Her pussy made several powerful contractions and a tide of pleasure broke, bathing her nerves in endorphins. She stood still, moaning and panting as the aftershocks banged through her. After several intense moments, the feelings faded. She slumped and rested a hand--the one not covered in my own fluids, she thought--on the desk.

Okay, that was fucking intense.

The closet door thumped and she heard a grunting moan. Krista tried to clean up as best she could, and sat. A moment later, Brett emerged, a sheepish grin on his face. Her eyes immediately went to his cock, which was deflating and a little red. She smiled. "Feel better?"

"Much."

"Me too."

He did a double-take. "You mean you--"

"Yeah."

"Wow." His smile grew. "I should have stayed out here for that show."

Krista smirked and shrugged. "Maybe next time."

"A guy can hope." Brett tossed a handful of wadded tissues in the trash, returned the box to the desk, and sat a few feet away. "I guess we wait."

"I guess so." Krista gave an exaggerated roll of her shoulders, taking care to make her tits bounce. She noted his eyes following and chuckled to herself. "Let's talk about how we do this."

#

She glanced at the clock. Not quite midnight, and only five minutes since you last looked. We could be here a while.

They'd been told the conditions of the Trial of Skin at ten-thirty. If the other couple each took a full hour and they were the last ones, she and Brett could be stuck in the room until well after two in the morning. Krista rubbed her knees and made herself be patient.

Brett had been pacing off and on. They talked a little but once they had worked out a strategy, both had fallen silent, grappling with their inner thoughts. Krista noted with some amusement that while they both still ogled each other here and there, they had both gotten comfortable being naked in the other's presence. While Krista took pleasure in having Brett's toned body on display, her mind had turned to the Trial.

They had agreed to try and skirt the south side of campus, which was mostly academic and administrative buildings and unlikely to be busy at midnight on a Saturday--unlike the dorms on the north side. Brett said he had jogged the south running trails at night and that while the main walks were brightly lit, a lot of alleys and side paths weren't. Krista had agreed to that, thinking the shadows would make it easy to hide but the lack of activity would make it easy to spot pursuit.

Unfortunately, the Kappa house was on Vine Street, a well-lit road that was generally much busier than Baker Street. Krista had stated that once close, they would just have to make a run for it and hope for the best. Brett had agreed. Krista had also confessed that she was not a fast runner. Brett had only smiled and told her it would be fine.

She twirled the ski mask by the eye hole at the tip of her index finger and fought down their mounting nerves. Would she and Brett succeed? Would he abandon her if things got tight? Had the other pledges made it? Had--

She sighed and tried not to think about anything else before she made herself mad with worry.

The door opened and Krista instinctively stood.

Julie and Monique stepped inside. The former looked at Krista and raised her eyebrows. "Damn, this one's got a tight body."

Monique jerked her chin at Brett. "Same here. You two spend your time getting busy?"

Krista flushed. "No!"

"Hmm, too bad." Monique gestured to the door. "Come on, it's time to start your Trial. Masks on."

Brett donned his ski mask, leaving nothing but his eyes exposed. His voice drifted from behind the black fabric. "Are we the second group?" He bent to re-tie the laces of his sneakers.

"You're the last."

Krista stood. The streamers of the belt fastened about her waist fell against her hips. She pulled her mask over her hair. The material felt itchy and hot against her burning skin. "How'd the others do?"

Julie smirked again. "Tanaka outran her partner. She made it, he didn't. Green got cold feet and bailed out."

The image of the shy, soft-spoken brunette flashed through Krista's mind.

"Her partner tried but failed. Schaeffer and Parker made it." Julie alternated glances between them. "Just so you know, the betting is going against you both succeeding."

Brett paused in his lacing. "What betting?"

"Just a little pool between the Epsilons and the Kappas," Monique said. Her eyes glinted with anticipation. "I bet against Green, so I now have the services of a fine young Kappa man to do whatever I want to do for a few hours... but that doesn't concern you two. Right now, the odds are that you'll both fail."

Krista's lip curled. Oh, these sanctimonious bitches. "We'll see about that."

"That's the spirit, Guillard. Okay, move to the door so we can start your timer."

As Brett stood, she held out her hand, palm up. "Ready, partner?"

He gave it a light slap and offered his own hand in return. Krista tapped it and took a deep breath.

Let's do this.

Monique and Julie led them to the rear door of the sorority, so they wouldn't be standing on the lit-up porch for everyone to see right away. The narrow yard between Epsilon house and the next sorority was cast in long shadows.

Julie hefted her cell phone and spoke into it. "Start timer in... twenty seconds." Krista heard someone answer in the affirmative.

They stood in silence for a moment. With every second, Krista's pulse raced faster and she alternated opening and clenching her fingers to fists. Her forehead felt clammy and she wiped the coarse fabric of the mask against it.

Beside her, Brett shifted his weight back and forth.

Julie stared at her phone. "And... go. Good luck." She gave Krista a resounding smack on the rear end.

Brett trotted to the edge of the shadows. Krista followed. He stopped and glanced both ways. "Looks clear."

"Let's go."

They scurried across the street, angling between the pools of light cast by the nearest street lamps. The cool evening air rushed over her skin. She tensed, waiting for a shout they'd been spotted, or a catcall, a wolf whistle--or worse, a shout from a stalking Epsilon or Kappa.

But the street remained quiet as they plunged into the space between two sororities on the opposite side of Baker Street.