Trinity: Origins Ch. 04-08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Does she really drive crazy?" Remi asked after Vanessa had left the kitchen.

"Nah. I just like to tease her." Alec stood up and took his plates to the sink. He looked over his shoulder and caught RJ's eye and winked. He knew that poor Remi had no idea what was in store for him.

Chapter Five

The radio blared loudly as Alec's car flew down the side streets. Vanessa's hair whipped in the wind of her open window as she flicked her cigarette ash out it. Her fingers tapped merrily on the steering wheel as she sang along to the music. She was completely oblivious to Remi's pale face as he tried to keep his breathing even. He berated himself for being so damn scared in the car, especially since he had been a part of high-speed chases before without even blinking an eye.

If Remi had been honest with himself, he would know that he wasn't scared of the high speeds of the car, but nervous around its beautiful driver. There was just something about Vanessa Romane that seemed to draw him to her. He had never been so effected by a woman before, and the woman being his adoptive brother's sister was very disconcerting.

"My driving isn't that bad." Vanessa's eyes twinkled merrily as she glanced over at Remi. A blush nearly appeared on his face as she winked at him, but he was able to just barely stop it.

"I'm probably just still feeling off from jet-lag." Remi forced himself to relax under her gaze. He noticed they had almost passed the entrance to the hotel's parking lot. "Here's the turn!"

"Roger!" Vanessa flipped on her turn signal and spun the wheel to the left. The car immediately slid sideways for a moment before the back tires caught the pavement again, sending the car screeching into the lot. "Man, this thing really does turn on a dime."

Remi stepped out of the car as soon as Vanessa had put it in park, resisting the urge to kiss the ground. Vanessa locked the car and moved around to the side Remi was on. She laughed at the relieved expression on his face. Her fingers reached out as she brushed some stray locks of hair off of his forehead.

"You ready to get your shit?" Vanessa grinned.

Remi simply nodded in response, not trusting his voice to function properly after feeling her touch against his skin. He took slow, deep breaths as they walked through the parking lot. His reaction to being around Vanessa was something he hoped would stop. Not only was he not looking for any type of romantic involvement, but also there was no way he could date his brother's sister. Just thinking about it in those terms was enough to give him a headache.

"So you haven't heard anything at all since that night?" RJ asked as they finished stretching.

The two brothers were in the training area of the Dungeon, both of them wearing only black jogging pants. Their bare chests glistened slightly under the light. Alec was surprised to see that they had the same warm up routine. The two men flowing from pose to pose in perfect unison.

"Not a thing." Alec turned and smiled at his brother. "I can't even be sure that Joshua was the one to leave my pendant there."

"It had to be him." Reyhen ran a hand through his hair. "Who else could it have been?"

"Very true." Alec shook his head. "I can't even believe I told you about all of that. I haven't even talked to Nessa about it that much."

"Some things you can only share with your brother." RJ smiled at him. "Though it's still hard to believe that you're gay."

"Why?" Alec grinned at RJ's comment. "Not all gay guys are feminine."

"I know that." RJ stuck his tongue out. "I just think it's odd for two out of the three of us to be gay."

"Nessa's not gay, she may act pretty butch sometimes but..." Alec's voice trailed off for a moment as he looked at RJ's smirking face. "Okay, so I was a little slow on the uptake. How did your family react?"

"A little slow?" RJ laughed as he gently shoved Alec. "My adoptive parents were really cool about it, so is Remi. They all just want me to be happy."

"That's good." Alec stepped back falling into a defensive stance. "Let's see what ya got."

"Just remember you asked for it." RJ took a deep breath before attacking.

For the next hour the two brothers sparred, moving with incredible speed and accuracy. Frustration set into both of them as their practicing continued. Neither one of them had been able to secure a hit on each other. Just when they thought they had found an opening, the other would quickly block. Alec finally held his hand up, panting heavily.

"I can't believe I haven't been able to tag you at least once." He breathed.

"You and me both." RJ bent over, placing his hands on his knees. "You were throwing out some moves I've never seen before."

"Then how the hell were you blocking me, Bro?" Alec shook his head and wiped the sweat off of his brow.

"I have no fucking clue." RJ stretched. "It was like my brain just shut off and my body just moved on its own. Or maybe we just have the same gay fighting style?"

"That could be." Alec laughed and slung his arm over RJ's shoulders. "Let's grab some lunch. Nessa and Remi should be back soon. I hope he lived through her driving."

"Is she really that bad?" RJ walked with Alec out of the Dungeon, grabbing their previously discarded shirts.

"She always has control of the car, she just likes to drive really fast." Alec grinned.

"Oh, and just so you know, when we find Joshua, I'll kick his ass for not contacting you." Reyhen quietly said as they walked towards the kitchen.

"I appreciate that." Alec ruffled his brother's hair. "I think you'll have to beat Nessa to it, though. She wants to rip his head off."

"Why do I have a feeling it won't be the head on his shoulders she goes after?" RJ winked at his brother.

"You and me both." Alec smiled.

Vanessa looked around the nicely furnished hotel room. Remi was quickly moving around and grabbing all of his things. He was a bit embarrassed that Nessa had followed him up into the hotel. The previous night he nearly ripped apart his suitcase trying to find something appropriate to wear and because of that most of his clothes ended up strewn about the room.

"It looks like a tornado ripped through here." Vanessa chuckled as she flopped down on the bed. "You're as messy as Alec."

"I'm not messy, thank you very much." Remi huffed. "I was just in a rush to find something to wear to your house last night."

"Awww, were you trying to impress us?" Vanessa grinned and winked at him.

"No." Remi turned from her, hiding his blush.

"Someone's lying." Nessa's voice was light and teasing.

"Ok, well, maybe." Remi glared at her.

"Definitely." She laughed and stood up, grabbing his suitcase. "Are you done yet? My gram could pack faster, and she hasn't been on this Earth for some time now."

"You've got a mouth on you." Remi laughed and grabbed his duffel bag.

"I know." Vanessa shrugged and headed towards the door. "It's a gift."

"Well that depends on how you look at it." Remi muttered under his breath, though he shrugged apologetically as he noticed Vanessa was looking at him. "Sorry?"

"Yeah, you look it." She shook her head and fixed a fake glare on her face. "Since I've given Peanut a nickname, maybe you need one too."

"No, really, that's ok, Nessa." Remi was quick to respond. "There isn't any need for that."

"Let's just finish getting you packed. I'm sure Alec and RJ are beating the hell out of each other by now." A jealous sigh slipped past her lips.

"Why would they be doing that?" Remi dropped the shirt he was about to put into his duffel bag.

"Training." Vanessa gave him an odd look. "Ya know, the thing we all do at least once a day."

"Right." Remi nervously laughed. "I guess my brain is just fried."

"That depends on how you look at it." She smirked as she threw his words back at him. "Ya know what you need?"

"I told you that I don't want a nickname." Remi grabbed his suitcase from her.

"You'll get one whether you want one or not." Vanessa grabbed his duffel bag and headed towards the door. "You move to slow. Now, as I was saying, you need a night out."

"I'm not big on going out." Remi followed behind Vanessa and almost walked into her as she stopped dead in her tracks.

"I didn't ask if you wanted to go out. I said you needed a night out. So grab your gun from under your pillow and let's go. You're really lucky housekeeping didn't find that." Vanessa looked over her shoulder and saw the incredulous look Remi was giving her. "What? Doesn't everyone keep a gun under their pillow?" She shrugged and walked out of the room.

"No." Remi's voice was quiet in the silent room. "Not everyone keeps a gun under their pillow."

"Left foot green." Vanessa called out after looking at the board in front of her.

"I swear to all that's holy you're not even spinning that thing!" Reyhen spat. His body tightened as he slid his leg under Alec to place his foot on the green circle. "You're just trying to get us into the most fucked up positions you can think of!"

"She's a kinky bitch." Alec grunted under his breath. His body was nearly bent in a pretzel as he tried to keep his body balanced.

"When you said a night of fun, this never entered my mind." Remi laughed.

"Well you were so damn adamant that you didn't want to go out, so I figured I'd bust out some old games." Vanessa smiled and flicked the spinner again. She glanced down and saw that it was pointing to 'right hand blue'. "Left hand yellow!"

"You're lying!" Alec growled at her. "You barely even glanced at that thing! It was probably something easy like right hand on blue!"

"What are you reading my mind?" Vanessa laughed. "This way is more difficult, besides, it will help you in the field."

"How is a kid's game gonna help out?" RJ sighed as he felt the muscles in his lower back tighten from holding the position so long.

"It's a game of balance and concentration." Remi nodded at him and Alec. "And dealing with outside influences."

"How very astute of you." Vanessa gave him a bright smile. "Intelligence is a very sexy quality for a man to have!"

Alec noticed the slight color on Remi's face and gently nudged RJ as he nodded in the man's direction. RJ looked over at his brother before winking back at Alec.

"Besides that," A bright twinkle appeared in Nessa's eyes. "This is helpful for Alec and RJ." She winked at Remi. "Cause you know those gays get into all kinds of fucked up, kinky sexual positions."

Her brothers were so shocked by her comment it caused them to fall down on top of each other. Remi's laughter rang out through the living room as he watched the evil looks the two men were shooting at Vanessa.

"Looks like I win." Remi brushed a lock of hair off of his face as he stood up.

"No way! She cheated!" RJ whined.

"Shut it, Peanut. Not my fault you're so easy to psyche out." Vanessa smirked.

"Bitch!" He snarled and lunged off the floor towards her. Vanessa yelped and took off into the kitchen.

"Those two are too much." Remi offered a hand to Alec to help him up.

"Tell me about it." Alec smiled. "I thought roughhousing was normally between brothers, not a brother and sister."

"Very true." Remi laughed and shoved Alec backward, causing him to fall onto the couch. "Catch me if you can."

Alec growled and raced after Remi. As he headed up the stairs in pursuit he saw Reyhen leapt through the air and tackle Vanessa to the ground. Though it was only a second later he was flying through the air as she tossed him off.

"Gotta do better than that, Peanut!" Vanessa laughed as RJ yelled a sting of curses at her. The night was turning out to be a fun evening after all.

Almost an hour later the four of them collapsed on the couches in the living room, exhausted from running all over the house.

"Vanessa, Alec, Remington, and Reyhen." Muse's voice got their attention. "Please report to the Dungeon immediately."

"What do you think is going on?" Remi asked as Vanessa and Alec led them down into the Dungeon.

"I don't know, but I don't think it's bad." Alec answered. "If it was something like a mission she would have requested us by our codenames."

"Speaking of codenames, what are your names?" Vanessa looked at Remi and Reyhen.

"Mine is Maelstrom." Reyhen rolled his eyes.

"How'd ya get a name like that, Bro?" Alec asked.

"Because of his temper." Remi laughed and threw an arm around RJ's shoulders. "It can get pretty violent."

"Shut up, Silverwolf." RJ smirked at Remi.

"And your name is Silverwolf because?" Vanessa grinned.

"Cause he's a total animal and shits in the woods." Reyhen responded before Remi had a chance. He ducked at the hand that flew towards the back of his head.

"Because of my courage and my loyalty." Remi explained. "I'm very protective of the people I care about, almost like a wolf caring for his pack."

"What about you two?" Reyhen questioned his siblings.

"I would be Trinity because of my strength in mind, body, and soul." Vanessa replied. "And Alec here is Phoenix because he tends to always rise from the ashes, so to speak."

"Wait a minute." Remi stopped and stared at them. "You're THE Trinity and Phoenix?"

"Huh?" Alec looked at Remi and Reyhen's look of shock in confusion.

"I've heard about the two of you before." Remi shook his head. "On my last couple of missions I heard some of the scum we were chasing talking about the two of you. You're like the best of the best of us."

"I wouldn't say that." Alec waved away the comments. "We do what we need to do, end of story."

"I can't believe you didn't tell us!" RJ looked back and forth at Vanessa and Alec.

"You didn't ask." Alec sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Besides, I didn't think that was important. We were more concerned with getting to know you, instead of talking about the family business."

"Look, we can talk this out more later, but for now we need to see what Muse wanted." Vanessa turned and continued walking into the Dungeon.

"Thank you for coming." Muse's voice echoed through the cavernous space. "You must all pack your bags right away."

"Oh, come on, Muse. We can't go on another mission now." Alec sighed. "We're still getting to know Reyhen and Remi."

"You are not going on a mission, Alec." They could almost hear laughter in his rich voice. "Reyhen's birthday is soon approaching. Your parents had requested a special gift for the occasion."

"Our parents?" Reyhen's voice was thick with emotion. His siblings moved closer to him, giving him strength.

"The reason of your adoption will soon be fully realized. Destinies will be fulfilled." Muse's message was cryptic enough that the four of them looked at each other questioningly. "You're presence is requested at Covenant Headquarters. You will leave first thing in the morning."

"What do you mean headquarters?" Reyhen asked. "No one knows where that is."

"The plane will be prepared for take off at eight o'clock in the morning." Muse continued, ignoring RJ's question. "Make sure to get plenty of rest tonight."

"Muse, could you tell us where we are going please?" Alec requested.

"To Stonehenge."

The moonlight permeated the room, illuminating the angular angles of the man's face that stared up at the night sky. A long, deep sigh slipped past his lips as he gazed out at the seemingly hundreds of stars that filled the night.

"I knew I would find you here." The man ignored the woman that appeared in the doorway. "Braeden, you can't keep doing this to yourself."

"Leave me alone, Riona." Braeden didn't even look in her direction. "You know damn well I don't want to be here."

"You know that we had no choice." Riona crossed the room and knelt down next to him. The moonlight made it look like her blonde hair was glowing, almost giving her an ethereal appearance. "You may not value your life, cousin, but we do."

"Dying doesn't scare me, Rio." The man's voice softened a fraction. "I'm scared about what's going on out there. I can't stay here forever."

"And you won't, Brae." She reached out and ran her fingers through his hair. "You have no patience whatsoever."

"That's not the point!" Brae finally turned and stared at Riona. "I can't just sit here while..."

"Shhh." She laid her fingers gently against his lips, quieting him. "I know, but something more important has come up, and we don't have time to go through this again."

"What the fuck could be more important?" Braeden jerked up into a standing position and leaned against the window.

"The Triad." Riona's voice was soft and breathless.

"Rio, I don't really feel like talking about fairytales and legends, okay?" Braeden rolled his eyes. "Please, just leave me alone."

"It's not a fairytale, cousin." Her Irish brogue was thick with fear. "The legend will soon be a reality."

"What?" Braeden turned to look at his cousin. He knew that she occasionally was gifted with a vision of things to come, which was one of the reasons why he was there. "What have you seen?"

"I saw lights dancing through the night sky." Her eyes almost glazed over as she remembered the things that she saw. "The air full of...something. Something so tangible I could feel it in my bones. It's begun, Brae."

"Are you shitting me?" Braeden's forced himself to take a few deep breaths. "The Trinity has been formed?"

"The pieces are all there, but they haven't been put together yet." Riona shrugged. "I can't really say much more than that. This vision wasn't all that detailed."

"That's impossible. Your sight has always been crystal clear." He shook his head.

"Unfortunately, it was pretty foggy this time." Riona sighed and sat down on his bed. "I don't think I'm meant to know what exactly is coming, Brae. The heavens just want me to know that it is almost here, nothing more. We both know that too much information about the Trinity is dangerous."

"Can you please ask the Elders again if I can leave?" Braeden refused to meet her gaze.

"I'll ask, but we both know the answer to that question already." She moved towards him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I know you don't believe this, but they are worried about you. And now with this new development..."

"I know." He rested his forehead against the cool glass. "It's probably too late anyway."

"What will be, will be, Brae." She squeezed the solid muscle that lay under her fingers. "There is much work to do. I'll need your help in the library tomorrow." Riona laughed as her cousin groaned. "Don't be like that, it will get you out of the house."

"Good point. I'll help." Braeden wished his cousin a good night as she left. As the door clicked closed behind her his eyes scanned the night sky again, his voice whispering into the darkness. "Forgive me."

Chapter Six

"When I asked you to help, Brae, I didn't expect you to sit there with an open book and stare out the window all day." Riona sighed and shook her head in exasperation. She had thought getting her cousin out of her house would have picked his spirits up, but Riona realized that that wasn't going to happen. "We need to find any more information we can. Time is running out."

"I know, Rio, I'm sorry." Braeden ran a hand through his hair. "My mind just isn't focusing at all this morning."

"You need to be focusing all the time, dear cousin." Riona glared at him. "You're going to need that focus when you become bonded."

"Can we not start on that bullshit again, Rio?" Brae pushed a lock of hair from his face and frowned. "I find it difficult to believe that the Triad will be as powerful the legends claim, and if they were, then why would they need outside help?"

"You know very well what the legends say." Rio's tone had taken on a lecturing tone. "The bonding isn't just about the magic, it also involves the souls..."

"Enough!" Braeden quickly stood up, his chair falling backwards to the floor. "You know very well that THAT isn't possible!"