All Comments on 'Troubling Question'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
It's all mixed up !

Damm good read though. Was this karma for associating with Sonny & his stolen candy & liquor. How wrong was it to tag team all those girls . I can't tell the sinners from the saints. How annoying. Good read, though.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Eh

Well written, different plot but all the characters are unlikable. The two guys were trash, Sonny's wife was a pig and even the loving wife was a lying whore. So, what was the point to this? You just took your readers for a trip through a cesspool, why? Who cares about people like this?

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Good Story

I liked it but I thought it was a bit drawn out at the beginning. A demonstration of what not to do and how not to treat your girlfriend and wife.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
HE WAS TOO BLIND TO SEE

Sonny was a better friend and gave him a payoff and maintained secrecy. TK U MLJ LV NV

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Tried to be different

I'll take an experiment like this over a tired "no new ideas" bit of pandering schlock, any day

Thanks for being one of the good guys

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

The main problem with this tale is that all the characters are terrible people. Sonny made himself a cuck,Kathy and Sherry were hand job queens and Danny was an asshole. The only good thing is that, of course, it was well written. Three stars for that.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 10 years ago

All of these people were selfish idiots. I thought Danny would've let it go and be a father to his daughter but he stayed selfish till the end.

rainbow001rainbow001over 10 years ago
Agree

I agree with most of the comments. Well written, different, but most of all not a single character to like. You did warn us up front though. Thank you for sharing.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

A well written story about horrible people that I just didn't care about. Why did Sherry not just file for divorce due to abandonment tho seeing as she didn't want her dipshit husband back?

ChagrinedChagrinedover 10 years ago
Diffferent

I agree with most of the others commenting: no one here to like. You warned us of no happy ending but you didn't say everyone was a douche-bag! :)

One of the major things about stories is that they don't reflect life TOO much. Even the most abhorred cuck stories is still just a story because if these people really existed they would be very lonely! :)

This one DID reflect true life and we don't like that. If we all really knew what others really thought of us we would realize that in today's world we are all of us d-bags!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
one question

Story or real life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Well you wrote a story with no point and nobody to like so why? You fucked up with the decision not to confront Sonny. Human emotions simply won't allow 95% of men to just walk away from that. You dropped the ball and all I can give is 2*'s!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
meh

If this is close to real life for you then you must be drugged and raped all the time.

JusttooldJusttooldover 10 years ago
good

It left me wishing there was some payback for Sonny but like real life things happen hearts get broken, and life goes on. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Unfocused and uneven.

This wasn't your best work Magmaman.

The pacing is uneven with some parts dawn out and others suddenly skipping years into the future without really telling us why or how. The characters are uninteresting with a slight tendency to being unsympathetic and as readers we don't really care whether they live or die. They are as two-dimensional as cardboard cut-outs. The story itself strive to be some sort of epic tale of friendship and love gone awry, but fails miserably.

All that being said you're still getting a 3 because you're a great writer, as you have demonstrated numerous times. Just not this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
he married a lying cheating bitch

his bud tried to tell him several times she had fucked around on him. Better he had never gone home, let here get DNA test and prove the child is his. His friend had almost killed him in the water, wow, we slipped by that real easy. His ex was a sex worker and basically a whore. Jeez wonder which "uncle" from work paid it all off, or was it the doctor buying his tail? Good ole sonny wanted to fuck her again, and after he left she got pregnant, to convienent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

So it turns she was nothing but a cheap whore afterall,,,big surprise there

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Soap opera. You could hear this in any beauty salon from a girl getting her hair dyed pink.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
typical weak minded male bullshit

his best bud tried to tell him his wife was a slut. An like a moron you killed the messenger. where there's smoke there's fire. He should have listened and verified. But like a typical dumbass, pussy blinded him. Sonny deserves a better friend than this moron.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Unusual Work

Excellent writing and imagination. Two guys who just kept corrupting others and ended up paying a big price in one case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not

Magmaman, Not one of you best. You can do better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not that it was well-written but...

That was simply depressing. Not a single decent human being in the lot. Danny and Sonny are just worthless human beings. Not an honest, trustworthy bone in their bodies. And friends? You must be joking. Friends don't do what they did together and to each other, period. And the woman? Not much to know about Karen except she was a slut. And as it turns out so was Sherry. Why did she never try to contact him when she was pregnant with his daughter (if it was his daughter)? Why would he pay support? Did she sue for it? Too many unanswered questions and frankly they were all such despicable people I just don't care what happened to any of them. I gave you a "1" because it was just a lousy story.

TXanyTXanyover 10 years ago
Great story

Painful, and a little predictable. But when I saw the average score tied to your name I knew something was up, so I immediately read it. Now I know;. You are getting hammered because it is a tough, tough story without any BTB. I think you deserve the 5 stars I gave you...it was terrific.

likeboblikebobover 10 years ago

thank you for posting. have a merry christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Reality

In life the truth are often unpleasant to hear and painful to live with. However that the truth and when relationship does not work, most often it is a lose lose situation. Nobody win. I tried to understand the three main characters and I think with the backgroud given by the author, they all live according to the DNA of their personality.

So the ending is really an expected outcome. As someone said it is rather a sad tale. Telling it like it is, not a happy ending but a truthful one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story and sad

Like other parents I have been in a situation. Many times I considered walking away forever. But everytime I held my daughters I just couldn't do it. I loved them way too much. I wasn't even sure if my first daughter was mine for years. It killed me not knowing. So after 5 years I had DNA tests done. They were mine. I caught my wife secretly meeting her ex bf 3 times for coffees and often wondered what was going on. She lied to me about where she was and I caught her. No i never beat him but got him in other ways. He was a predator. He went away but ultimately the trouble he caused made me lose love for my wife. I divorced her but kept 50 50 custody of my kids. I still hate her to this day for what she did and the disrespect she showed me. Fidelity isn't just about sex. It's also an emotional relationship to the point of still loving another man. I just couldn't take that much disrespect and had to walk away. She is still single and can't forgive ME lol... What the hell did she expect!

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Depressing!

Droll and depressing!

Couldn't tell if it was well written or not, ended up skimming to the dismal ending.

Didn't give it very many stars either.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering. So, what was the troubling question?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
does anyone have any idea what this story is about.

because i sure as hell dont

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent story

One of your best. Don't listen to the negative comments. Thanks for posting.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Bummer....

but a very good story

knot_limberknot_limberover 10 years ago
Really Nice

I like your style,always the best THANK YOU Have Merry Christmas

MickZimMickZimover 10 years ago
Very Empty

This story made me feel unfulfilled. It felt unfinished and like there could have been more added to it make it better.

ramonbrookramonbrookover 10 years ago
Love the story but hated the ending

Sorry magmaman ... But I'm a sucker for happy endings.

I know you are probably closer to reality than me but somehow I would have liked for Danny and Sherry to get back together. Also, Sonny got away with being Sherry's first and putting Danny into a coma!

I'm not an author this is JUST my opinion!

With that said I still enjoyed the story and gave it a 5!

oldauthoroldauthorover 10 years ago
The Story Teller

Magmaman, your style continues to amaze and impress me. When I read one of your works, it's almost like you are sitting in front of me and relating a true-life event, your cultured voice hypnotic and taking me on a voyage of an event in one's life. Not as a mere observer, but more as an omniscient, seeing all, hearing all, knowing all. It's that ability of your's that makes me actively look for every new story you publish on Literotica. The only thing that disturbs me when I read a story of your's is the few negative comments made by brainless uninformed individuals. Those who think that just because a woman has had sex with a man before she is married is a "whore" or a "slut" obviously have not truly experienced life, but have lived their entire existence in a monastery. Same thing for those who blast the two main protagonists in this story. In my experience they were so atypical of teenage boys--their major interest in life at that age being only to see if they could score sexually with this girl or that. Any man who went through high school can't honestly say they didn't at least hope for an opportunity to "make it" with a girl is an outright liar!

Aside from all of the preceding, I have to admit a small degree of disappointment and sadness that the story couldn't end with happiness all around. But let's face it--that's not always the way life turns out. We all make our mistakes and ultimately we all pay the price. You ended the story the ONLY way it could have realistically ended. After all...it had been 4 years of no contact! You still receive 5 stars from me, good buddy.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Can't empathize with Dan

So his life got fucked up. So what, who cares, he deserved it. He was a douche bag, just like Sonny. He was the one that cheated, he was the one that started the fight that put him in a coma. He was the one that walked out on his wife and daughter (twice). He blames everyone but the one person responsible, himself.

So his life is shitty. Good. He deserves it.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
@ramonbrook

Sonny got away with being Sherry's first and putting him in a coma, you said. Really? Do all women have to remain virgins until they get married? How about men? So what if she had sex with someone before she even dated Dan? What business is that of his? They weren't even speaking, let alone dating. Sonny was a douchebag, just like Dan, but he didn't 'get away' with anything. They were all single and free agents when it happened. Deal with it. As to putting Dan in a coma? Tough shit. If you start a fight with someone, you take what you get. Not Sonny's fault if Dan can't fight. Everything that happened to him was of his own making.

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
No empathy for Dan

I agree with the last commenter. Dan was a douche bag who deserved what he got. I'm glad that the wife was able to move on with her life. Everything that happened was a result of his actions. HE fucked his best friends wife. When his best friend wanted a turn at his wife, HE started the fight that put him in a coma. Because he was in a coma, his wife had to get the first job that was available. Then he leaves and never looks back until the inevitable happens. Then he wants to show up and disrupt the life that she made for herself because he finally decided that she was worth it. To top it off, using a kid to get back with the parent is LOW.

He was a first class asshole. I'm glad that she stuck to her guns and was faithful to the REAL man in her life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
i hate the word closure, but this lacks anything. She Sherry lied thru their whole relationship. Sonny lied totally to his friend and betrayed him at every turn.

Of course Danielle isn't his child. She was fucking with Kathy and Sonny as payment for her room and board, she had no money. In four years she had a kid, got a nursing degree, worked as a nurse, and paid for months of hospital bills, with having a doctor move in with her. Who paid for the college? Who paid her medical bills for having the baby? I wont go on but in four years none of that could have really happened without deep pockets................. The sex industry does pay real well, and if she didn't just give hand jobs her source of funding becomes obvious. Then again why would a doctor want to marry a know whore, with a kid from a worthless bum?

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHEN CONFESSING TO ONE'S SELF

all you can do is make an alibi that is self serving. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
These anonys.....

This is a story, damn it! Nothing really happened! What he, she or they did was in the author's mind. It's not reality. However, I'll add, a well told story regardless of the delusional anonymous comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Great story, but too painful to read again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Meh

"she saw the film of an actual male pecker," - Is there any other kind of pecker?

"Dan, you just hosed Kathy not 6 hours ago." - That's different! Sonny and Kathy practically threw Kathy in his face! Yes, he should have walked out, but there still was no agreement to share Sherry, even assuming she was WILLING to be shared!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Almost good

But Sherry doesn't make any sense about Sonny.

She gets mad at Dan about what Sonny and him have been doing so gives her virginity to Sonny?

Stupid fucking cunt!

Dan was stupid too.

What a huge bunch of assholes!

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
Closure needed and his daughter needs to know the truth

about her father if only for medical history purposes. Everyone's a pretty crappy person here and not very mature at all. Sherry and Dale letting their daughter live a lie thinking he's her bio dad is unforgiveable and cutting Dan out of being able have anything to say about Danielle's upbringing is really cruel.... Ohhhh they'll take his money alright.... that's okay, but they keep denying the truth. My opinion? If I have to pay, I should get to play.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ouch

I was worned.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
You don't abandon your kid

Shame on him. He should have walked away from Sherry, she was a liar from the beginning. But you don't walk away from your child. This makes Dan a loser and not worth caring about him.

phill1cphill1cover 5 years ago
"you don't abandon your kid..."

Why not? If the child has a better life, of course you abandon her.

I didn't like this tale because I don't believe finding out about a sexual episode that happened over 20 years ago shouldn't mean that much. Moreover, I felt that the author shoehorned the wife into a persona that I don't see her having. I do see the likelihood of Sonny fucking her, but when you take a ride on the back of the alligator, well...

All in all, nothing remarkable about any of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sonny would be a dead man.

I would also make Sherry's life hell for fucking my "friend" and lying her ass off for years about it.

Unsatisfying story to say the least.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Have To Agree With Javmore's Comment Completely

There was only one "bad" guy. I wouldn't even say he was a "bad" guy as more immature. He and Sherry break up because he is being an immature dweeb and drugging and drinking girls into fucking him and Sherry, while single, loses her cherry to Sonny. So what? Of course, she and Sonny are not going to volunteer that information. It's none of Dan's business and all it would do is cause issues for him.

Then he is more than willing to partake of Kathy, but not share Sherry. That is fine. Sonny was offering and that doesn't mean that he needed to reciprocate. However, he did have an extramarital affair. Sherry finds out when he is in the hospital, possibly dying and creating all the bills. She had every excuse to abandon him and move on and instead she sticks by him, is at his bedside every day for 7 months and she takes a job she doesn't like because she has to for both of their sakes.

Then Dan takes off and expects to come back after 4 years and his wife waiting for him. She had found a much better man and he was accepted her, being still married and with a child not his. Now the loser dweeb with a shitty job expects to come back and for her to be his. She knew how immature and insecure he was and by telling him that Sonny got there first would make him not want her anymore. Who knows even if that was true. She could have easily made that up to get her to leave her alone.

All the characters were much better than Dan, but even Dan was not a particularly bad guy although he must have hurt Sherry terribly. He was just insecure and immature. By the time he started to mature up it was too late already. As he said, he gave up something really good in his life, with the potentially of another great thing (his daughter) because of his pride and stubborness.

Dale obviously had a lot more going for him than Dan, but on top of all that he was MAN enough and mature enough to see the value of someone like Sherry and not worry that she had attachments still hanging out there and that she had a child already. That's what makes a successful MAN. He knows what he wants and what is good for him. Not what's between his legs or silly pride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Stopped reading when he introduced swinging again, tired, recycled plot line with you.

WakeupnowWakeupnowabout 5 years ago
Not your best effort

Subpar.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
I hate this story.

Don’t know why I gave it 5-stars...

... and “Favorited” it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
no one to like

They all have serious issues! Can't like anyone here. I would at least tell dale that she was someone who gave hand jobs and happy ending massages to anyone who paid as that is all she felt she was capable of when in fact there was a ton of other jobs. And in the end she admits she was nothing but a slut and a whore!

He is better iff without her and why send money for the child? Let the courts come after home for any cash as she and dale can easily support the kid.

fuck them all!

jrphdojrphdoover 2 years ago

He was stupid for leaving then again for abandoning his kid. Plenty of blame to go around, nobody in this one to like. One star

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So the man has a daughter with his ex and he has to pay child support after divorce but he can't see her not even once in a long while. Wow! Such a "realistic" story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

sucks. I hope he tells Dale why he left. She was unfaithful and a jerk off queen while he was in a coma! At least being a Dr he has access to all the meds he needs for the STD. As for Sonny - maybe she lied so this guy will leave but I still would go to dick face and do something.

usaretusaret8 months ago

While I did not care for this story’s ending, I believe it might very well have some reality to it. So average rating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2705 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...