All Comments on 'True Love'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
mower9527mower9527almost 2 years ago

Wow. That. Was. Intense.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 2 years ago

Well, that ended quickly. If it's over..... Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As always, wonderfully written, and a great story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting and well told until it just stopped before it ended.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Interesting and I was entertained so reading mission accomplished. Ending was just end! Walked out and gone. I guess understood they all lived happy ever after!

?

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Intriguing flip-of-script tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3 stars, didnt know what to make of this story. nobodys behavior made any sense, ralph seems like hes on the way to jail for assault or murder if the right circumstances occur, everyone else seems kind of secretive, mealy mouthed and numb. interesting but dont know what true love has to do w/ anything. maybe im tahrd. rk

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Ugh… 3 star

None of the characters were likeable. Not just that, none of them were even understandable. But that's par for the course for this author.

The characters lacking likeability and understandability, it was impossible to get emotionally interested in any of them.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Interesting story told well. Worth 5 stars.

Did I like it? No. Dani ruined a good man. A man who felt confident as he had his wife on his side. Not making a conches decision is also a decision so when she married him and stayed with him, he was reassured of her love but Dani never felt fully committed. His best friend stayed always in the background waiting for his fall instead of doing the right thing and stay away. By that, maybe forcing Dani to decide instead of prolonging his suffering. His mental state is their doing.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

I liked your characters and the roles they played. Pretty intense. I see how Ralph was initially oblivious to what was going on. I see Dani protecting him. It was an unfortunate situation.

Well written!

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Absolutely Powerful.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Fantastic story, powerful empathetic.

And utterly triggering, describes my father.

Good write Stev

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The first three pages were really aggravating. Sorry, but people just do not let intense conversations and implications lie and remain unresolved. Conversations cannot just hang, and that is what we got. Just over the top staged false dialog by the writer. Totally a stretch of reality. Weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for the Story stev2244. It deserves a 5.

There is one thing the author taught us: almost no one wants to deal with mental illness, in part because of ignorance.

The character is presented as a deeply disturbed person in need of a specialized treatment program, most likely in controlled isolation.

The author laid the future out for us. 14 people failed to act and as the ill person eventually they would bear guilt from what happened next. And when the fit hit the shan? They would keep telling themselves "It wasn't my fault" but his words wold haunt them.

The characters are well presented, and I would never choose a single one of them to be my friend.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Another oddly written story from you, to my mind it's just missing something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Peculiar but compelling story. Narcissim and mental health and abuse are difficult topics in a story.

Darkie10Darkie10about 1 year ago

Weird how no one said anything specific to Andy while Ralph was beating Dani. They’re all a dysfunctional mess

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

made no sense to me

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

A group of people trapped by a violent narcissistic person. Trapped because some if not most of them grew up with him not having the knowledge of how to deal with him. This bled over to others joining the group who simply 'Followed along' while filtering in and out over time. But his main focus was on the central group from childhood and simply used his looks and charm to 'smooth' over any concerns/questions from 'Peripheral' friends/group members. Factor in the fear of him going severely violent which stymied anyone from the main group pushing him to get help and it ends up being a interesting case study.

NitpicNitpic12 months ago
Long

Long time since I've read such a load of crap.

AllenDouglasAllenDouglas11 months ago

Nitpic, you truly make me wonder, and actually pity the fact that you were unaffected by Steve2244's story. I guess it takes all kinds... No, wait, my 2nd wife would have been more correct, when she would have said, "It don't take all kinds, but we damn sure got 'em..."

AD

AllenDouglasAllenDouglas11 months ago

As an author, you have grown mightily, Steve2244, and it shows... Thanks for taking this idea to the summit... Well done, my friend... I really enjoyed it, and could imagine myself in that exact position, over and over...

AD

BladdddddddBladddddddd10 months ago

Excellent portrait of textbook narcissistic personality disorder. Very well written, besides. Thanks for sharing!

phill1cphill1c9 months ago

I was afraid. VERY Afraid!!

Great read!!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

People who's opinion I respect raved about this story. Other stories by this author that I have read are excellent. I can't agree on this one. I read and then re-read trying to see the "brilliance" but all I read is pretentious, illogical claptrap.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594198 months ago

Speechless 🙈🙉🙊

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

Brutal! A terribly wonderful story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I quit almost immediately because I didn't give a shit.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos5 months ago

Good story. I read some of the comments, one I found particularly hilarious was some guy blaming Dani for Ralph being an obvious violent narcissist - like seriously, a textbook example of the mental illness. Andy was maybe a bit too dense for my liking, but I guess he had his own mental issue to deal with.

pummel187pummel1874 months ago

I'm a man and Andy made me feel like I had a VAGINA, I mean WTF!!!! A woman is being abused, calls him for help, he sees the woman who he has secretly loved since childhood get punched in her face and all he can come up with is thinking to himself .... "wow this isn't good, he's going to kill her or me or both of us??????

Way to go Andy that will teach him to keep his hands to himself and never to hit a woman...... you have me shaking in my boots pal.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove2 months ago

I agree with rn2711.

Who created the monster? One has tendencies, but when one’s sense of reality is constantly being undermined by people who deny doing it, well, it can drive you a little mad. Ralph is also part of the problem… he could have communicated the needs he had, but didn’t. But he chose not to. Partly because of the expectations of his friends. The ending speaks volumes for the kind of people that they are. Ralph is not the only narcissist here…

TheMTOneTheMTOne2 months ago

One of the all time best really.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 stars

Ah man the drama! Couldn't stop reading lol. So much miscommunication and erroneous expectations among these childhood friends. I think it all makes sense though. When they were younger they couldn't see the situation for what it was, were too inexperienced in the ways of life to properly communicate. As they got older and wiser it became too late. Everyone was stuck in their roles.

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Each of these characters is truly pathetic in his/her own way. None is a person you would want in your life. Perhaps that is why they have been in each other's lives for so long. We can only hope that none of the members of this group is fertile. The world has enough problems without their descendents in it.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

I have to assume that you were either consuming mushrooms or smoking crack when you wrote this train wreck.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 days ago

Pretty tense story, too tense to enjoy the romance bit of it. The way you built Ralph up, I can't see him simply disappearing without violence.

Ralph needed police intervention followed by some therapy to deal with the abuse that created him. When he abused Dani and revealed his true self, his friends did him no favors with their inaction.

Good story. Thanks

AceAureliaAceAurelia6 days ago

This is what I call an “inside out” story where the emotional connection to characters is absent along with logic ..

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous