True Nature Ch. 10

Story Info
“Some shall be pardoned, and some punished.”
7k words
4.79
5.5k
5

Part 10 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello my beautiful readers!

I know it's been a while and I am sorry for the delay but thank you so much for all the comments that I continue. Unfortunately, I was locked out of my account for about a month, in addition to this chapter proving difficult to write. It has been written and rewritten several times and I'm still not sure everything comes across as it should. Also, I apologize if I missed something in editing. I still haven't found a new beta reader and after so many attempts at writing, I got sick of looking at this chapter. This is also one of the few times I've written a fight scene, so if it's bad, I'm sorry. I tried really hard. In light of my recent absence, I feel I should let you know, this is NOT the last chapter. Hope you all are well. I sincerely hope you all enjoy this chapter... as best you can. I will try to write again soon.

Much love, xx

Frank's Pov:

I never meant for things to happen this way. I mean, when I was younger, I wanted the same thing all beta's want: to serve the King as a second or third and to have a mate of my own. A mate that adored me and who would allow me to do anything to or with them. For that kind of devotion, I needed an omega. Unfortunately for me, right when I came of age, my brother, Owen, was thrown out of a neighboring pack he'd married into: Lotus Pack.

Apparently, my brother had gotten drunk one night and ended up raping the Queen's sister and during his trial, it was brought up that the little omega he'd mated had also been abused. As a result, he was cast out of Lotus Pack and King Maxwell vowed to never let Owen return to Shadow Pack. Honestly, he was lucky to escape with his life. Unfortunately for me, the trial caused any beta or omega that had ever shown interest in me, to fully reject me instead. No one wanted me, not even those from the other twelve packs, and it wasn't even my fault.

Due to the fact that no one really wanted to be around me, besides Maxwell of course, I ended up spending a lot of time with Owen, away from everyone else. In a matter of weeks, Owen's friends, mostly humans that were criminals to their own kind, became my friends as well.

I think about back then a lot and I wonder if my life would have turned out differently, had I never indulged my brother with my company. Every time I visited, he would conduct some sick sort of experiment on a living creature before putting it out of its misery. Every time I left his place I felt dirtier and dirtier, as if he were corrupting my soul by witnessing his cruel acts. Even my wolf was becoming more violent in his own tendencies. If we ever hunted, he would play with his food before killing it, forcing me to watch the way my brother did and eventually, I loved it.

When Owen could tell I was becoming more like him, he cranked his actions up to eleven and began to apply his torture methods to humans; runaways and prostitutes mostly. I only watched. For a long time I felt sick over what my brother would do to the weak little humans but, eventually, I became numb to their pleas and cries for mercy.

One day, my birthday actually, Owen invited me over and presented me with a gift, my very own victim. Only this time, it wasn't a human. It was an omega. The boy had just come of age, was breathtakingly beautiful and completely untouched. His long white hair fell in waves over his shoulders and he gazed up at me with terror in his forest green eyes. It was enchanting. The only problem was, he smelled horrible. I could scent every single unimportant emotion that the little omega was experiencing; it was as if I could read his mind. Small price to pay to defile such beauty.

Owen was ecstatic to add the omega to his collection of boys, especially because he was a Lotus. Neither Owen nor I had ever forgiven Lotus Pack for ruining our lives and he was thrilled to have a way to even the score. I was thrilled to have an omega to play with. It wasn't all good though because I always had to share. Eventually, I tired of way my brother abused the boy.

He was going to kill the omega when he grew bored, that much I knew, and something deep inside me couldn't let the little wolf die like that. So, instead, I made sure Owen would never hurt another living soul. No one, besides Fae, ever knew what I did to my brother and the omega would never dare to tell anyone. Due to Owen's status as a rogue, no one missed him once he was gone. His death was a relief in many ways but over time I've felt my soul decay. I no longer recognize my wolf. He's too dangerous to let out. I never shift anymore. Maybe I'm worse now, than my brother was? I don't really know but sometimes I care to.

All I know for sure is that day on, the omega was mine and I made it a point to treat him better than Owen ever did. Maybe I wasn't good enough to have a mate, and maybe I could never have a family, but the Alpha King of Shadow Pack was my best friend. I had a position of power and I had my little omega slut that would obey my every whim. Nothing and no one would ever take what little good life had given me.

Especially not another rogue.

*******

Cain's Pov:

My heart pounded in my chest as my wolf ran for all we were worth. As I raced, every mistake I'd ever made flashed before my eyes, punishing me, just in case I arrived too late. When I could finally see Frank's home, I promised my wolf once more, that no matter what happened next, I would be a better man, a better alpha. As I ran closer, my wolf suddenly sensed that Frank was not alone but it was too late for me to react.

Instantly, four beta wolves surrounded me. I tried to block. To evade. I snarled defensively, showing I had no intention of backing down. The bravado caused one of them to attack. I tried to dodge, only to be met with another set of snarling teeth, sharp teeth. A howl ripped out of my chest. Pain radiated through me. Teeth, lodged into my flank. My wolf again howled in agony as we shook the beta off. Loosing a chunk of flesh in the process.

I whipped around to the attacker only to feel another set of teeth on my back. I lashed out wildly, focusing on the one in front. I caught his paw in my jaw and clenched my teeth together, only satisfied by the crunch of bone. I shook my prey viciously causing the beta to whimper in pain. The other three were on me in an instant, forcing me to let go of my prey. I caught their flesh with my claws. Their bright red blood started to run down my legs but the defense barely made a difference.

I growled, long and low, as they stalked me, backing me where they wanted while I tried to ignore my open wounds. Blood was everywhere, slippery and thick as I backed away.

I didn't notice the dip in the road.

Suddenly, I tripped, landing on my back and the four lunged down. Each claiming a chunk of my body as their own. The four knew how to attack in perfect synchronization. I never had a chance. After several minutes I could barely breathe. The harder I fought, the weaker I felt. I was being beaten. What hope did I have? One of the beta's attached itself to my leg. Dragging me out of the ditch to finish me off. My mind began to crumble in on itself, showing me that I was wrong. I wasn't strong because I was an alpha. I was weak, I was nothing. I could never be the hero. Fae would probably die now for sure. I couldn't save him.

No.

I roared with fury as the image of the omega laying still and lifeless flooded my brain. At that moment, I shut off every human instinct, letting my wolf guid me. I needed to trust it, fully. I needed to give in to my true nature.

I no longer thought about how to win. I simply fought to save my mate. To survive. I could feel myself growing stronger, bigger, more aggressive. It felt as if I was finally coming into myself, accepting what I was and could be.

A wolf snapped at my neck. The other two clawed at my back. I turned my head at bit back. Sinking my teeth in deep. I shook the beta as hard as I could, throwing him off me. Leaving him to whimper in pain. The other betas continued to attack and I could feel stream of blood pouring down my body but I didn't care. I twisted my body as much at I could, fighting back. I could taste hair, skin and blood against my tongue as I released another beta from my jaw. That's two now that lay in a motionless heap. I could see fear. A small seed of it, growing in the remaining beta's eyes. Somehow the tables had turned.

I was winning.

*******

Fae's Pov:

For the second time, a knock sounded on the front door of my Master's house. He glared at me for a moment before reaching into his pocket for an orange bottle full of some sort of medication.

"I almost forgot, take this!" He growled, as he grabbed my jaw, forcing my mouth open so that I could accept the small, white pill. "It will keep your scent under control." He spat when I whimpered at the bitter taste. "Now hurry up and gets dressed already! I don't want to keep King Maxwell waiting!" He yelled, leaving me alone in his cold, dark bedroom.

I quickly swallowed the pill down dry, blinking away furious tears from the realization that Frank had always processed the ability to help me control my scent. I knew it was a silly thing to dwell on, especially considering my impending future. I just couldn't help but to feel angry with him for every time he punished me, when a simple pill could have fixed things this entire time!

I could already feel a numbing sensation spreading throughout my body and I felt my anger grow. I'd never deserved his cruelty for my disability and that thought alone was enough to make me wish I'd spit the damn pill out. The King deserved to know what kind of man was serving within his council.

I shook myself out of my useless thoughts at the sound of the front door opening, while the voices of Frank and a stranger quietly echoed down the hallway. I quickly threw on a faded black, long sleeved shirt and a pair of dark wash denim jeans, both of which were slightly ill-fitting. This was due to the fact that I'd been wearing this exact outfit back when I was first taken. I'd lost weight in my years with Frank, so the clothes were too big, as I'd been allowed to eat more back then.

I sighed, hating how ugly I probably looked now. I doubted even Cain would be able to call me beautiful wearing these but...they were all that I owned, my only real clothes. I grimaced slightly as the rough fabric of the jeans grabbed at my exposed skin. Unfortunately, I hadn't been offered any underwear, so I supposed I'd just have to get used to the uncomfortable feeling. I quickly slipped on the collar and gloves, wincing as all the coverings rubbed against my raw, aching skin, hating how captive it all made me feel. I didn't want to belong to Frank anymore, so I let myself pretend that it was Cain who'd given me the collar and for a moment, I was happy. Then my stomach spasmed in pain. A wave of sadness flooded my body as reality crashed back down on me and I gently rubbed my stomach for a moment. I prayed that everything was okay in there and that I could somehow comfort the tiny life that I hoped still existed.

"I'm sorry I did this to you," I whispered to my belly. "I should have never made your daddy fuck me during my heat. I was so weak... he.. he didn't want to... but I begged.... Whatever bad things happen to you... it's all my fault. I'm so sorry," I sniffed, as I continued to rub, hating myself for my own inadequacies.

"Fae, come on out and meet the King and his Luna. Don't be scared, I'm sure they'll love you," Frank practically purred from the living room.

I stiffened at his tone, feeling sick to my stomach at the show he was putting on.

"It's okay, I've got this... I'll be brave for once," I whispered once more to my belly before taking a deep breath, dropping my hand and exiting the small bedroom.

I slowly inched my way down the hallway. When I finally felt as though I couldn't drag the moment out any longer, I bravely stepped out, ready to face my fate.

"Ah! There he is. A bit beat up, I know," Frank started, sounding sad and sympathetic. "Poor thing has been through so much but that's about to end, isn't it sweetheart?"

I nodded in agreement, knowing he was right. Things were sure to end soon, just not in the way my Master might anticipate. However, I did not trust my voice to be steady enough to answer Frank out loud. Instead, I moved to sit but before I could, I felt a harsh hand on the back of my neck. I stiffened as sharp nails pressed into my skin, and I knew instantly that I'd done something wrong. I looked to Frank, worried that he'd give me over to be punished for whatever mistake I'd made.

"You have to bow before the King, Fae," Frank warned, pushing me down lightly as he spoke.

Instantly, I dropped to my knees and bared my neck, "I apologize Alpha," I murmured, as I kept my eyes trained down to the floor.

"He means 'your majesty'," Frank corrected lightly but I could tell that once the guests left, I'd be punished for saying the wrong title.

"It's alright Frank. The poor kid doesn't need to worry about being formal," the King answered kindly, causing me to glance up at him.

Instantly, I wished I hadn't. I wanted to cry. It wasn't fair. This stranger... this alpha... he looked a lot like Cain. They both had the same beautiful dark hair and piercing grey eyes... only this man was much taller than my alpha and a bit younger. I felt something within me wanting to be close to the alpha, feeling as if the proximity would make my heart ache less. My wolf absentmindedly wondered if he smelled like our Cain and for a moment I was tempted to scent him, but I refrained. I had no way of knowing if my actions would upset the powerful alpha and I didn't want to add anymore punishment to my suffering.

"Sorry Max... just trying to teach him. The poor guy hasn't ever been part of a pack. I really have no clue how he came to find me but I'm really happy he did. I've been looking for my mate for ages... well, you know that," Frank lied easily.

Chills broke out across my skin as I realized how close Frank really was to this alpha. He called him "Max" not King, not Alpha. He also mentioned looking for a mate and how the King already knew about this information. Cain really could be in danger if I didn't behave, I realized. Everything Frank had threatened was most likely true, for the alpha in question looked quite at ease with the conversation at hand.

"Does Habberforth make you happy?" The young Luna suddenly asked, shocking me, for I'd barely noticed his presence before, which was sort of surprising considering just how beautiful the younger omega was.

"As happy as he can imagine I should be," I answered softly, looking to Frank to make sure I hadn't said anything too wrong, but his eyes only narrowed as they met mine.

Great. I wondered how many times he'd hit me for that answer, I mused. However, the King seemed satisfied with my words.

"Well, I'm glad to hear it. Honestly, with everything I've been told lately, I was beginning to worry that my best friend wasn't who I thought he was," the King replied as he motioned for me to finally take a seat. I bit my lip, trying my hardest to keep from blurting out how cruel his "best friend" really had been to me. I felt it was pointless to truly speak. This alpha had no reason to care about me. In fact, he probably punished his Luna the same as Frank had with me.

Maybe it was a thing high ranking mates did to their omega's? I mean, technically Cain had punished me too but... it was different. For the most part, I loved it with Cain. So who was this new alpha really? Was he like my Master or was he like the man I wished to be my mate?

I quickly glanced back at the luna, taking in his smooth pale skin and shiny brown ponytail. Those looked fine, and I hadn't noticed any teeth missing when he spoke. Maybe he was simply better behaved than I was? Or maybe Max was good to him? I desperately wanted to ask the luna how often the king hit or whipped him in order to cause injury. Had he fucked the luna with objects? Had he shared the boy with friends? Was he allowed to cum? However, I restrained myself, for I felt that I might be punished for asking such personal things.

"What was your life like before you met Frank?" The King asked, offering me an encouraging smile as he poured himself a cup of coffee from a pot that I hadn't noticed.

"It was lonely... I thought I'd never meet my mate or anyone else... and then I was taken," I met Frank's eyes for a moment, tempted to spill every secret.

I thought to my time with Owen... and my time with Frank. "I was beaten... a lot... used by many," I responded bluntly, refusing to meet Frank's eyes to see his reaction. I didn't know what had gotten into me, I should have lied... but for some reason, I wasn't sorry for my honesty.

The King shot Frank a concerned look.

"F-Frank saved me. He's a very skilled fighter," I offered, when I felt my Master's sharp nails dig into my thigh from beneath the table.

The King looked surprised, "Frank fought for you? I didn't realize... I thought you'd met randomly," he confided.

"Frank saved me from dying," I confirmed, remembering how terrible Owen had been.

I wanted to say more. I wanted to say that he saved me because he was jealous. Master was possessive to the point that it had made him murderous. That's one of the reasons no one ever took me from him. Besides the fact that I could be easily used. Frank could be a terrifying force to deal with and part of me didn't blame Cain for being afraid. Everyone I knew was afraid to go against him. I was afraid too. For Cain. He was the only reason I couldn't spill everything. He never asked to be involved with me.

"Frank... you... when did you save Fae? I thought you were done with fighting? That you didn't shift much anymore..." the King spoke, looking both confused and contemplative but his face soon changed when a loud howl broke through the awkward silence.

At once, the King was on his feet, pushing his Luna behind him as he settled into a defensive stance. I starred at the couple longingly, wishing I had Cain to stand over me in protection, for I too was worried about the approaching threat with how strongly the King reacted to the sound. Frank stood by the King, looking ready to fight as well, but I did not feel safe or protected from seeing his stance.

Suddenly, there were sounds of several wolves fighting, snarling viciously at each other with an occasional whine of pain. I tensed up as a particularly loud cry sounded. In the same moment, a sharp pain ripped through my body, and I gasped for breath, hoping the pain meant my baby was still with me.

"Don't worry," the King murmured reassuringly to his Luna. "The guards will take care of whatever the threat is."

The guards? My wolf prodded, feeling panicked by the information for some reason, as we heard another cry of pain, causing me to double over in my own.

I didn't understand what the King meant by guards but, as another cry sounded, followed by another spasm of my own pain, whatever it was out their had my wolf panicked. All at once, I was trying my best to push my way past the King and Frank, desperate to make it through the doors to see what was happening.

"Calm your mate!" The King ordered, looking at his friend.

"Get back! It's not safe!" Frank bellowed as he shoved me up against a wall, looking like he wanted to punch my face in response to my outburst.

"But someone's hurt! Please... I-I can't stand the sound," I begged still fighting to be let through.

"Chill out damn it!" Frank scolded, causing me to break down into tears.

"B-but-" I stuttered, beyond distraught.

"You're being a distraction! Can't you see that's dangerous?!" Frank bellowed and he pushed me down to sit while I struggled against him.

12