True Nature Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"M-Master please!" I choked out, near hysterical.

"Shhh, calm down little omaga," King Maxwell suddenly cooed, interrupting my cry as he placed his heavy, warm palm on my shoulder, while his scent strongly filled the room, taking over my scences.

I stopped my fight immediately and turned my face towards where his hand lay to fully scent him. He just smelled so good... not quite but almost like my Cain. I inhaled deeply and then licked his palm, needing more to steady my shaking limbs.

"There you go," he replied gently, a frown in his voice as he rubbed my back with his opposite hand. "Now, you wait here with Willow and Frank and I'll go see what's happened."

"But-" I protested, still worried.

"If someone is badly hurt then a doctor will be summoned immediately, no matter who is out there. Don't worry," the King kindly interrupted, bathing me in even more of his soothing scent.

"Do you promise?" I begged softly, not sure how I was speaking so plainly in front of Frank, and to our King at that, but the alpha never once looked offended.

"You have my word Fae. If someone is badly hurt, they will get help. I won't let anyone die."

I finally backed down, accepting the alpha's words. It wasn't as if I could have my way anyways and the King had promised to fix whomever was hurt. I tried to let that be enough as I watched, through suspicious eyes, as King Maxwell left, praying to the moon goddess that I could actually trust him with this. If I could, maybe I could trust him with more... Maybe I could trust him with the truth.

"Get your own alpha," the luna quietly muttered to me, looking cross as his pale skin flushed pink.

"What?" I asked, too sick with worry over what lay beyond the door to understand the younger omega's aggression.

"You looked too into his scent. M-Max- Max is mine! Just... don't forget that!" The boy spoke coldly but he kept his eyes trained to the ground, as if he knew he was speaking out of turn.

I nervously looked up at Frank, to see if he was paying attention, and from his prominent glare, I knew he'd heard every word.

"N-no... you have it all wrong," I pleaded anxiously. I couldn't have a member of the royal family angry with me when Frank could say anything to them that could hurt Cain. "I l-love F-Frank," I stuttered, barely able to speak the words.

The young luna let out a testy sigh, "Bullshit," he murmured before shoving his hands in his pockets and turning his back on me.

Even though I was overwhelmed with fear for Cain, I noticed how my wolf whimpered at the omega's heated words, processing another bout of rejection.

Omega's were meant to care about each other, that much I'd read about. They were meant to nest with and keep in close contact with, especially if they were unmated, during their heat. Omega's could provide the ultimate comfort to one another that only a mate could surpass. We were meant to know what each other needed. I'd never experienced that type of closeness with another of my class. My wolf constantly daydreamed about that type of companionship, almost as often as he dreamed of a mate and pups. I, however, had only ever interacted with two omega's in my life, that I could remember. Unfortunately, one I hated and the other hated me.

Was there something wrong with me, even to other omegas?

"I'm sorry," I sniffed, as I curled my arms around my belly. "I didn't mean to enjoy his scent. I-I promise."

"Just shut up Fae," Frank interrupted with a snarl. "The little luna has heard enough from you."

"Yes Master," I answered automatically as I shrank back with my head bowed, just catching the murderous glare that Frank aimed at me.

Seconds later, all our heads turned to the door at the sound of a man shouting.

"-just let me in! Let me see him! I promise you, he'll tell the tr-" his voice was cut off by, what sounded like a punch to his stomach.

"Cain," I whispered in shock, instantly afraid he was hurt, missing the look of horror that crossed Frank's face as he registered Cain's voice.

"Show some respect rogue!" A deep voice, not belonging to the King, growled.

There was a moment of silence before Cain finally replied, "If you value your life and the life of your luna you'll let me pass. An army is headed your way and only I can stop them from burning this place to the ground."

"How much time?"

"Less than ten minutes. I can sense them and they're coming in fast."

"Frank, fetch this rogue some clothes, will you. We very well can't hear him out while he's naked," King Maxwell replied after several tense seconds.

Frank grumbled to himself but he obeyed the king, grabbing the dirtiest clothes he could find before bringing them outside.

"It's laundry day," Frank muttered, barely audible through the partially closed door.

"Max probably looks displeased," Willow replied smugly, at the tone of Frank's voice. Then he turned to me, "Look, I don't know what your deal is, but I know that you don't want Frank to be your mate. So my advice, when they come back in here, just tell the truth."

"What makes you think that? I've been with Frank a long time!" I protested, feeling exposed.

"No one would want Frank as their mate," Willow responded with nonchalant shrug of his shoulders.

I blushed but was saved from responding as the front door finally opened, allowing several men to pass through it. First, the King and Frank, followed by bloodied men I assumed were the guards, and finally, a very beaten up Cain, followed by two more bloodied guards. They all looked hurt but thankfully, not quite as hurt as I feared. I studied Cain carefully from across the room, half unable to believe my eyes and half wanting to run to into his bleeding arms. He'd looked better, that's for sure, but I noticed, with a small burst of pride, that he was in fact, better off than one would expect after facing down four royal guard members. My alpha had truly put up a fight and the mere thought of his strength had my tiny cock hardening in my pants, making me quite grateful for their loose fit.

I quickly looked away, only to notice Willow gazing directly at Cain with wide eyes as his mouth formed a perfect "O" shape, as if suddenly everything made sense to him. I blushed as he caught my eye, looking away when it seemed as if he were going to ask me something.

"Fae," the King held his hand out towards me, motioning for me to join the group. "This rogue seems to think he has some claim on you. He said something about being one of your customers? Did he hurt you?"

I blushed deeply, not knowing how to reply, for yes, Cain had been a customer, not that the king understood that part. And yes, Cain had hurt me, but I didn't hold those things against him. In a way, I could actually understand his side of things and I still loved him. I couldn't help it. I glanced quickly at Willow, and he quirked his brow up at me, as if to remind me of his advice.

"Yes," I finally whispered, "He was a customer."

"And?" The King asked, prompting me to say more.

"Well I haven't seen him since he replaced me with another omega... F-Frank took me back in after," I said, blushing over the terrible memories from that night mixed with my horror for having lied to defend Frank, despite the luna's advice.

"I see," Maxwell answered, looking confused.

"I thought you said the boy would tell your truth?" My Master mocked Cain as he gave me a possessive look.

"Clearly he's too frightened of you to be completely honest!" Cain spat back, tugging at the guards who held his arms. "But it doesn't matter what you make him say. He could marry you and it wouldn't change the fact that Fae is my mate. Mine. And I'm not leaving here without him!"

I looked up at Cain's declaration, too shocked to accept his words. "But you don't want a mate?" I muttered, unable to understand what I'd just heard.

"I'm sorry Fae. I... I didn't mean it... well I did but I was on drugs and I wish I'd never taken them. I was awful, I said the worst things... I hurt you... and I know I can never make it up to you... I'm so sorry for ever saying that to you," Cain responded with a sincere look in his eyes.

"But... the omega?" I asked, shuddering at the memory of Cain's hands on that other boy. "Y-you wanted him instead! I- I know what I saw! You- you left me...And Mast- Frank said-" I cut myself off with a gasp when I remembered that I wasn't alone with the alpha. I quickly looked over at Master and shrank back from the glare he was giving at me from across the room, subtly motioning that he was going to kill Cain.

"The omega meant nothing," Cain answered gently, making me wish I was close enough for his scent to sooth me. "I was trying to... well it doesn't matter. Things are different now. I just want you... only you. I promise," he answered, his full attention on me. When I couldn't find the words to respond, he asked, "Fae, why can't I smell you?"

"Pills," I whispered, terrified of implicating Frank further, now that he'd threatened the alpha, but I couldn't lie to Cain. "I don't know how they work... is this... do you like me better now? If I never smell again, can I really stay with you?" I asked timidly, remembering how the alpha complained about my smell. It seemed fitting that the absence of it was a price I'd have to pay for my happy ending.

"I like you the way you are, little wolf. You don't have to change anything. I'm the one that needed to change... and I came back... to take you home." Cain answered gently, as if I were the only person in the room.

"You really like me?" I asked, feeling dazed and confused as my wolf whined with need. Cain. My alpha... our alpha, was finally saying the words my heart desperately needed to hear. This couldn't be real. Could it? No. I'd slipped into another one of my dreams. Cain didn't mean those things. He didn't want a mate.

I began to tremble with need. I wanted this to be real. I needed to feel him. I tried to move forward, feeling a bit more brave in light of Cain's words, even if they did seem like something my brain would make up. Maybe I would wake up, and still be in that box. Maybe everything that was happening was a dream but maybe it wasn't. If it was a dream, I never wanted to wake up but I had to know... was this actually happening?

"Let me go!" Cain growled, struggling against the guards. "His wolf needs me! Can't you see? I'm telling the truth. I can feel his wolf. He's in pain. Only a mate can feel that!"

"You can feel my wolf's pain?" I whispered in awe, unable to process anything I was hearing as actually happening.

I needed to get closer to Cain. I needed peace and comfort and I'd prayed for him for days. I couldn't help myself, and as I moved, I began to feel less numb. Frank must have only given me a low dose of that suppressant or something. Maybe he thought the meeting with the King would be short and sweet but it hadn't turned out that way and now... now I could see that everyone in the room was beginning to smell me. The King looked up and met my eye, completely overwhelmed with every emotion I was beginning to emit.

Holy fuck. This had to be real.

I started to move more quickly but before I could reach Cain, I was cut off by my Master.

"You know he doesn't want you. He left you with me. You're mine," he hissed, grabbing my arm in his bruising grip.

"Let go of me!" I growled, trying to force his hand off of me but Frank only grabbed me closer.

"Let my mate go!" Cain bellowed, breaking the grip of the guards to charge at Frank, shifting in mid air as he jumped onto the man.

Frank loosened his grip, screaming as he tried to block the furious claws and teeth that came at him. Frank fell to the ground, grabbing anything he could to beat Cain off of him. Unfortunately, my alpha had sustained many injuries from the previous fight and was loosing energy quickly. Suddenly, a shot sounded in the air and Cain's wolf whimpered in pain but continued to try and attack. Another shot sounded and Cain's wolf fell forward in a heap, as I screamed in terror.

A guard rushed to hold me back as the other guards rushed forward and rolled Cain's wolf off of Franks bloodied form, checking both for signs of life as a pistol was removed from my Master's hands. It felt as if everything were going in slow motion and my vision blurred with tears. Frank responded after about thirty seconds but Cain hadn't moved and was bleeding heavily. There was a flurry of activity around me as they struggled to stop the blood and made to move him out of Frank's home. My mind raced, trying to keep up with everything that had happened. Cain had come back. He'd come back for me and now... he could be dying... or dead.

Before I could free myself to be follow where Cain was being taken, a chorus of howls filled the air, coming from all directions.

"We are out of time it seems," Maxwell said, sounding grave as he turned to Frank's injured form. "I did try to give you a chance."

"Max! What? What do you mean?" Frank asked, looking, fearful, uncertain and betrayed all at once. I'd never seen that look on his face before.

"The Lotus Pack army is outside your door... I've made a deal with them... I am sorry... You were like my brother, my friend, but I've heard too much, from too many. I've seen things today that make me more inclined to believe the things I've heard."

"M-max what- what are you saying? You seriously believe some rogue over me?! What is he but a waste! It doesn't matter if he's dead or not! He tried to manipulate my mate against me! You saw that! You all saw it!" He yelled frantically as he looked around the room before appealing to the king again. "I've been your friend for years! I've been loyal to you, for years! Your my King, I'd do anything for you! You know that! The boy himself admitted to being my mate before the rogue showed up. How can you believe anything else?"

"Frank, you'll have a fair trial. I promise," the King answered kindly but with grim authority. "I can't have another pack go to war with us. I must hand you over. I asked for time to see for myself and... I've seen enough to convince me that you deserve to be tried for the charges against you. I am sorry," he finished with bright tears shining in his grey eyes.

As the two spoke, the howls outside only grew louder. Though I expected to feel afraid, strangely, I did not. In fact, I actually felt the opposite. The longer the wolves cried the stronger I felt. It was as if their voices were filling me with energy. I could be brave and strong. Somehow, I knew this group of wolves would not hurt me. I was finally safe.

A knock sounded on the door. Harsh and insistent. The King nodded to one of the guards who opened it, making way for three strong, female beta's to step in. Then they parted for another woman to make her way to the front. She was very tall and looked strong; regal. She was dressed in all black with her brown and silver hair pulled into a tight bun on top of her head and she studied the King with cold blue eyes.

"We are here to take our prisoners. I see things did not go easily," she said as her gaze turned towards the room, eyes focused on the bloodied floor.

"There's was an unexpected issue. The rogue's been rushed to medical. If he recovers, he will, of course, be sent in to your custody.

"And the other?" She asked.

The king nodded to Frank and the woman's beta's began to surround him.

"Omega!" Frank screamed, bringing me back to the present. "Tell the King he's wrong! We're mates! We can't be separated! Tell them you're pregnant!" Frank begged.

"Is this true?" King Maxwell asked with concern.

I barred my neck for a moment and then lifted my head so that I could meet the King's eyes. "There's a lot you don't know, your majesty. But... yes, I am pregnant, or I was. I'm not sure anymore."

"With Frank's pup?" The King asked apprehensively.

"No. With the Rogue-" I started only to be cut off by Frank.

"You stupid little bitch!" He screamed, sounding unhinged, as he quickly turned to grab for his gun, lashing out savagely when he couldn't reach.

The beta's tried their best to contain him but before anyone could react, he shifted. I could hear the slice of flesh and muscle as Frank's wolf ripped the beta's apart. His wolf was strong and acting feral as he attacked, breaking through the line of guards that had been blocking me from reach easily. In two seconds he was on me, teeth breaking through skin on my neck easily, as if he were trying to give me a permanent claiming bite. Meanwhile his claws dug into my chest, slicing into the skin as easily as butter. I tried to scream in disbelief but I couldn't make a sound. My shirt began to seep with red and I clutched my chest, trying to stop the bleeding.

Soon there was shouting all around me and at one point, Frank's weight was lifted off of my body. All the words sounded fuzzy and my head began to swim. I felt so weak. So cold. Was I dying?

I'd wanted to die for so long and it looked as if my wish were finally coming true. Only... I didn't expect death to feel like this... I expected relief but this felt like drowning. It hurt. I tried to stand, to make sense of things. There was more talking but the words were warped and funny. Nothing made sense as my eyes slipped closed. I felt my body hit the ground as I heard a scream. My mind registered hands all over my face and body, close to my side. The hands felt nice. Warm. Comforting. I tried to open my eyes but they felt so heavy. I continued to struggle and managed to blink them open for a moment.

A face filled my vision. The woman from the door. She was crying. She looked so beautiful and so... familiar. I struggled to remember who she could be but my eyes closed once more before I could recall. The outside world slowly dissolved into nothing as my mind went black and everything became quiet.

12