All Comments on 'Trust Me'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story from one of the real legends around.

It was long, but you used the right amount of words to tell the story. I've got plenty of coffee and a box of donuts and I'm ready to read. This was just what the doctor ordered.

SandytasSandytasalmost 7 years ago
Doubled text?

Dear Literotica, why is the story text repeated? Is this some special July 4th bonus? :-)

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
T.G.

There is a God after all! Coaster is back in touch!!!

Really love your stories, I'm very familiar with all coastal Canada and have many, many expeditions to Canada's West Coast and the Maritimes inc. Hudson Bay!! Plus just about all coastal U.S. both East & West. Hence all your stuff really rings bells.

Another truly great story - Hope you do well in the competition.

5* from me

19pvc44

DamagedDudeDamagedDudealmost 7 years ago
FYI

ROTC is an army thing.

Tony is pregnant! Hurray! Who's the father?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist throwing that little plot twist in.

Loved it. Please write more.

WittonWittonalmost 7 years ago
You don't come out a sergeant

if you were in ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) Minor nit, but disconcerting

The doubled text was frustrating; I kept waiting to find something erotic in the second iteration.

The characters lacked development; the lawyers didn't sound or act like lawyers. Marshall really didn't come across as one. I don't know, but I am suspicious about the portrayal of the witness protection program; in real life there are numerous instances of complaints about being lied to and effectively abandoned once a person's utility is gone. The FBI has plenty to do besides wasting manpower on a guy who didn't know anything. The way the author has the agents jump on the case would suggest that Marshall is some sort of very important person.

The story started to get interesting when it came out that Toni was pregnant and this thug might be the father. We might have heard her describe the rape by which the child was conceived - and Marshall might have gotten off replicating the story. This is supposed to be a place for erotic stories, isn't it?

In short, Marshall fell in love with Toni and after a problem or two they lived happily ever after. I read the story because I had a recollection from years past that the author put out a good story. He sure didn't this time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you for returning to Literotica. As always 5-Stars

coaster2,

Throughly enjoyed this story.

Read “Once Upon a Fantasy Ch. 03-04” and this one today. I don’t know if you should be praised for this excellent piece or criticized for not putting all this effort into Fantasy. I can only imagine how much time and creative effort it takes to provide us stories like these.

Thank you again.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 7 years ago
At

First I thought, damn this is one long tale...until I found it repeating itself halfway through. Right length, good story...thanks.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 7 years ago
Great story

I wish you had broken into 2 or 3 parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hmmm

She went to a hotel 3 weeks prior?

Sounds bad but addressed in the story well.

Wold the husband character be wondering about paternity?

Also not addressed.

Great story but left with questions

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 7 years ago
Thanks for the story

I loved your writing from the day I read your first story. You didn't disappoint. Thanks again, Randi.

maxx308maxx308almost 7 years ago
Thank you for sharing your story

I found it to be a great read,. I enjoyed it eminsly,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
what?

Really she wasn't raped and it wasn't consensual, hmmmm that's a new excuse i know i cheated but i didn't want it still did it and liked it, even still it wasn't rape either so let bygones be bygones, retarded.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisteralmost 7 years ago
Who's the Child's Father ? ?

Once Trust is broken/lost, do You REALLY Know the other person.

I wonder who IS the father of her child ? ? ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

another legendary cuck.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 7 years ago
Nebraska plates

Anyone in Omaha with a legit residence in Council Bluffs would save butt loads of money by tagging their vehicle in Iowa. Its really a big problem because many who dont have connections on the other side of the river do it as well.

Fun story with a very surprising twist. Just had a friend from Omaha get hitched 2 weeks ago in a small town north of Corvalis. Connections abound. Thanks for the tale. Full marks.

john1946john1946almost 7 years ago
Enjoyed

Thanks for this story. It's nice to see writers again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
trust is the issue

she violated trust and directly and indirectly lied to her husband. The marriage was doomed, to remain together is guarantee divorce in the future! As the saying goes once a cheater always a cheater, and meeting the guy after her marriage does not pass what is known as the boyfriend test.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
jeeeeez......

it's a "5"!!!!!!!, but certainly not for the ending! He sure as hell needs to check out who the father is and needs to keep her on a very short leash for the rest of the marriage, which will probably end with her cheating. Let us know down the line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yeah, but what happens...

...when he has the paternity test and finds out the baby isn't his?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Are you better with her or without her?

That was the point of the story. I see that this story could have gone another way and that would have also answered the question. However, I gave this a 5 star because it was provocative and tried to make me empathize Marsh. I would like to believe I would have made the same decision because I loved her and believed in her.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well, a typical RAAC effort from this author but.....

These efforts are appreciated by many despite the RAAC bullshit. Thank you, author.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 7 years ago
Afganistan or Iraq?

U said he was in both. She was in a hotel room with the guy four weeks previous? Who ismthe father then? What power did he have? Is she a submissivd? Everything about her says no... What is wrong with her that let her be dominated? The marshalls service would have had to tell him he was in danger after wifes death.

Ok story but many plot holes.

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 7 years ago
Exclusive?

Antoinette emphatically stated that they were exclusive while they were dating. Evidently that was a bold-faced lie.

Since she lied about being exclusive before they were married, how could Marshall be so quick to assume she was telling the truth about her actions afterwards? Especially since she was seen entering a motel with her lover.

The author did not deal with these facts. Given that, this reconciliation left a bad taste.

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 7 years ago
another one

with three stars. I expected more from you but this story was bad. She lied to him during whole relationship.

ArsVampyreArsVampyrealmost 7 years ago
Sorry but...

The story felt a bit clinical, and the ending was terrible. There's no reason to think she was being honest with him, given her previous lies, and the child seems as likely to be the other man's as his own. I can't imagine he'd accept reconciliation without at least a paternity test.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 7 years ago
Same old shit

Just a different day

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Too cucky

His wimp attitude at the end and lack of details surrounding her cheating spoiled an otherwise interesting story.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 7 years ago
Sorry....

This wasn't your best work.

She was such a strong women, and if she was that we'll known and respected in town with a good reputation....she wouldn't have done what she did.

So no....He probably should not stay with her, the fact that he is makes me feel bad for humanity in general.

Now. As to your writing? I enjoyed it very much. A little linear which made it easy to follow and process and your characters were well fleshed out. All in all I enjoyed it very much. I have favorited you and will be reading more of your work.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
While this was a good story

It wasn't a GREAT story. It meandered up, down and around too much. I did like the FBI/ex-wife stuff, but it took too long to get there. Still, far and away better than the usual garbage found in this section. Thanks for the story. Maybe some more stories soon? I know the Canadians are always up to something crazy. Write that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
mmmmmmmmmmmm

nice story ruined. she did not want her reputation ruined so did not stay over after the house warming but used motels with a boyfriend. wasted reading when such good build up falls apart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Easily the most contrived and stupid story I've read in a while.

The flow and details were tedious, mostly irrelevant, and mind numbing. The dialogue and interaction reads like a cartoon, about high schoolers. Just too many plot devices pulled out of thin air without setup or explanation. Honestly, it reads like something produced in a writing class for beginners, following some kind of formula for a mystery drama. Like some kind of structure cobbled together from scrap wood and junk yard parts, the finished product is awkward and sloppily put together.

Where did the secret lover and adultery come from? When you were relating Toni's inner thoughts and thinking, how could her affair with this weirdo never enter her thoughts, and come through to the story? It almost like she was schizophrenic and out of control, but never thought about it. And for the husband to never think of getting a paternity test? Just all too stupid and convoluted. In fact, ridiculous.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

a dna test may be in order after the birth.

trust but verify.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

"She stepped into him and took his face in her hands before kissing him. It was the most intimate moment they had shared." - They've been seeing each other for what I assume to be weeks, long enough to be talking about being "exclusive," and THIS was the most intimate moment they had shared? I'm not saying that they should have been having sex or anything, but wouldn't they have been pretty intimate by now?

I hate to nit pick; no, that's not true I love to nit pick, but the festival was towards the end of the summer, what SHOULD be weeks have gone by, but he's closing on a house the beginning of September?

The least the FBI could have done was go to the authorities that they knew that he was innocent and clear his name.

Screw the FBI! I'd tell her, let HER decide if she wants to risk staying with him or break things off.

In a way it IS like Afghanistan! You never know where the threat is going to come from.

The fact that she's pregnant is all the more reason for her to stay with her parents!

While I share his frustration that she didn't seek help when Terry first got to her before the marriage, what concerns me is that she went into a motel room with a man that she couldn't keep from having sex with before. Not only is her claim that they didn't have sex suspect, but it certainly shows an EXTREME lack of judgment!

I don't buy him blaming himself. True, assuming she's telling the truth she broke no wedding vows, but she had sex with another man while they were exclusive - that's NOT a small thing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a waste of time

Dont read you will be totally disappointed with a story that literally goes no where. Give it a 2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Skank

She lied about the old boy friend. She fucked him and probably paid for the motel room. This guy needs to grow a set. Ex Marine and no gun in the house?? Test the kid and start lining up some strange until you find another skank and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
lol

she cheats, he apologizes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not your best

Story was written well, but in my opinion was tedious and way too detailed. Dialog also seemed to be too formal and stunted. Ending concerning her having sex with another guy while she was dating Marshall, and after their marriage, was right out of left field.

In the end, Marshall took her back. He said he trusted her. Based on what? Toni told Marshall when they were dating that she was exclusive with him. She admits that wasn't true. She claims that she was faithful after their marriage, yet she went to a motel with Terry at least once after they were married. Her explanation for the motel rendezvous was that she met him to end their affair. So why would she end her affair with him by meeting at a motel except to have one last fuck before telling him she was ending it?

When Marshall asked if she was being blackmailed, she admitted that she wasn't. She talked about Terry being 'powerful' and 'intimidating' and how she couldn't get away from him and was afraid of him, but fell back on the clichéd 'I didn't love him, I love you and didn't want to be with him'. At least she didn't say 'it was only sex'. Lot's of reasons not to trust her.

By the way, test the baby's DNA.

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Where did this stalker come from?

I mean out of the blue, not a hint of foreshadowing, so it makes it seem somewhat contrived. And how does he know the baby is his? Wouldnt that be something you need to be sure of to go forward?

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwardsalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyable Reading

Thoroughly enjoyed the different plot line, and good character development. Will definitely re-read it and enjoy it just as much. I read for enjoyment, and if I enjoy a story, that is all that counts. I am too old to worry about "nitpicky" stuff.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 7 years ago
Nice read

a little different twist. Thanks for sharing.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
An interesting story

with many twists and turns.

Nicely done.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago

The problem with this story and why it is not your best, is the ambiguity. You are a very detailed writer - the details are your strength. And yet, at the most important point in the story, you chose to generalize. Odd. You indicate that the interview with Toni and the FBI went on for over an hour and that hubby came away concluding she had an affair after they married. The wife says no, not after she married. What should the reader conclude? For me, three stars.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

As others have mentioned there were some vagueness, if she's to be beloved she didn't have sex with the stalker, but what about before while she was dating Marshall?

And why exactly did Marshall leave the police so convinced that she had cheated if nothing had happened, and why didn't she try harder to rebut that allegation if it was untrue, while at the meeting?

TimLovesToEatPussyTimLovesToEatPussyalmost 7 years ago
Strong start.....Weak ending

If Music be the Food of Love

Then Laughter is its Queen

Likewise if Behind is in Front

Then Dirt in truth is Clean

still gave you *****s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ugh...

...a common axiom is we write about what we know. In my case, all my novels are centered around wildernesses and firearms. You sir, should stay away from talking about firearms, a subject you appear to know little about.

First, you say something along the lines of a sniper rifle easily bought off the internet. This is common leftist propaganda, fomented by anti-gunners and the anti-gun media. Sorry, just as it is illegal to rob a bank, it is also illegal to buy over the internet and ship it without an FFL. Doing so is a federal offense and punishable by 10 years in prison and I believe a $10,000 dollar fine. Then...

"...Special Agent Tabler confirming that the bullet was likely of a kind used in a sniper rifle. It was .243 caliber..."

Again, know what you're writing about. If you don't, at least research it or talk with someone knowledgeable on the subject. First, a .243 is a hunting rifle, made for taking small game up to deer sized prey. Secondly, it isn't made to be a sniper rifle. Saying it is, would be like me saying I'm going to race in the Indianapolis 500 driving a used Volkswagen. Third, they don't make steel .243 diameter ammunition. I'm not even sure if anyone manufactures a full metal jacket in any .243 bullets weights. All bullets are made of gilding metal, except a few from pure copper (Barnes). Yes, steel bullets are made for calibers like 7.62x39, but those are imported from mostly China or Russia and not available in .243 diameter. Now if you wanted to say a custom bullet was turned on a lathe to be custom loaded, that would be more palatable.

Please Lit writers, know what you're writing about!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@Ugh, gun expert.

If authors are only permitted to write about what they know, you are not permitted to write at all, at least not in English. Research, sir, will inform you, so that you won't embarrass yourself by making incoherent comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ending was weak

Story was good, she cheated when they were exclusive. That's cheating .so how can you trust her going forward another strong male and she may succumb again. Definite a case for marriage counciling if they stay together as this writer wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
7/18/17 'ugh' responder...

Your response is moronic at best, stupid at worst. Every author, every agent, every editor, every publishing house, will tell you to WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW. Otherwise, you end up with something like this story, where the author obviously didn't know what he/she was talking about. It detracts, takes away from the overall flavor of the story.

I spend a couple thousand dollars each novel I publish, paid to my editor who will check each and every subject I write about. Whether it is about dogfights, a woman raped and the aftermath, physics or the correct height of grass, a specialist is contacted (yeah, I pay) to make sure everything is PERFECT. It's how you build a solid readership. Anything less is stupid and lazy.

And you, sir, are just stupid with your comment.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Gun police

Yikes, the gun police... okay, you got the gun thing wrong, and there are these odd people who really get upset about it. What is this paying for all information? 99% of it is free on the web; you can Google earth just about any locale, look up restaurants, etc. The stories here are free for our enjoyment, and yet people act like you stole their hard earned money or forced them to read the story. Find some empathy, people. Regarding the story, I thought it was just running along fine and then took some weird turns. Throwing in the jealous ex boyfriend at the end needed more back story, because it came out of the blue, as did her odd reaction to see the guy "because he scared her". That made no sense. Anyhow, other than that oddness, I enjoyed the read.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for the enjoyable read! Always appreciate your work.

Killian

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
A good story

I feel the ex boyfriend shooter bit was unnecessary. Or could have been constructed differently so that it didn't almost blow up their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I had a problem with the FBI.

They let him be vilified in the press for his wife's murder. He loses a promising career and has to move half way across the country to start again. while they sat on info that not only eliminated him as a suspect but very well could have led to the actual killer. And they did nothing. I first reaction was to go to the press and/ or sue the government, if that were possible.

I still enjoyed reading it.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pretty good yarn BUT

"A year?" the police officer persisted. "Isn't it true you dated him more recently? In fact, weren't you seen in his company three weeks ago in Corvallis?"

"No ... that's not true. Who told you that?" Antoinette was clearly upset with the line of questioning.

"Let's just say a reliable witness saw you and Mr. Wilford enter the College Park Motor Inn on Thursday, November 17th. Would you like to change your answer to my question now?"

So the wife never explained, credibly, what happened here. And obviously she is throwing out a bunch of lies.

If I were the protagonist I would want a DNA test on the 'bun in the oven' and a successful lie detector test on the wife before committing to recovery of the marriage. IMHO.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
I gave this a 4

It would have been a 5 it the wife had another page to discuss how much she was involved with her stalker

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No Grade !!

I have the same problem with this story that the earlier commentator has.

I saw it the first time I read it. So I reread the story and there is a glaring mistake !

THE ENDING IS ALL WRONG !! They were married in June, she was with her ex boyfriend in the motel three weeks before they were called to the meeting with the state police. The hubby forgives her because she didn't break and marriage vows (?) WHAT !!

I agree with the earlier comments regarding whose baby she is carrying !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable story, right up until the stalker appeared...

This was an enjoyable story, right up until the stalker/shooter appeared out of the blue. It was just too much of a ridiculous twist to accept. First of all, Antoinette was painted as a strong, determined, well-respected professional woman with a supportive family and plenty of friends in the local community, yet she's scared of some loser and "didn't have the strength" to break away from him? (She broke up with him didn't she, so why can't she just stop seeing him?) Not only that, but isn't Marshall the PERFECT guy to help her?? He's a lawyer (so he can handle the legal side of things), ex-military (if force or violence becomes necessary) and he has contacts in the FBI (more legal and police help, if needed.) I just don't buy Antoinette not telling Marshall or asking him for help. It ruined the story for me. --JZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ditto the last 5 or 6 comments...

But also the "speaking voice" is sometimes fluid (like you be speaking out loud), and sometime stilted, especially in the last half of the story. At times the speaker would use no contractions, like didn't vs. did not. I find that non-native speakers of american English are sometimes that way. But everybody, except for Antoinette's parents, and perhaps Antoinette, have that excuse.

And I was really disappointed with lack of more info on the old boyfriend, and the FBI (or more likely now the State Police) would know if she'd (there, I used a contraction) visited other motels around town within the last year. That was just ignored.

Yeah, I'd have to say a DNA and STD test are needed.

And because I can't log into Literotica on my phone for some reason, I'll sign off here...

Etchiboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She is a slut

Attractive on many levels, but a lying, cheating slit. He should run from her as fast as he can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why in the world...

...would he allow her back in his life? In less than a year she has proven to be a liar, willing to deceive him to get what she wants. There are not enough hours in the day to watch her to insure she is not jumping into another old (or new) friend"s bed. She is BAD news. Write her off and move on. If anyone asks, tell them the truth: she slept with another man while engaged to you. Let her deal with the fallout...she detonated the bomb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

boring cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Get an editor

This story reads like it was rushed to market. Lots of interesting plot and sub-plot twists which are poorly integrated - no clear sequence leaving the reader with a sense of no "flow." Between plot holes, grammar errors, excess story repetition as person changes, and fact errors (.243 is not a standard sniper caliber, ROTC does not lead to SGT stripes), a real editor would have a real challenge bringing this opus to market. I also note the errors seem to be more frequent later in the story - more evidence of rushed review? Many thanks for the great effort, coaster2, but a re-write is advised.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Marriage???

When... no account

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
im confused,,,

They were married, she fucked someone else no blackmail, drugs rape etc. She just fucked someone else.. why the big regret on his part. she had no reason to cheat, if she couldn't deal with the whole FBI looking in on her fiancé they say hey not for me sorry, call it off and go her own way? Just doesn't make any sense

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago

Wow...what a load of bunk. She cheats, can't handle a little pressure and suddenly he trusts her and wants her back after betraying him? I call BS.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 6 years ago
Plodding

There were no highs or lows. They were shot at and it seems very clinical. His dead wife was in witness protection. Not very effective, eh? The same people now want to protect him. OK. Everything is OK. His fiancee was having sex with a unstable person. She was supposedly VERY picky yet she ends up with a mental case. OK. He'll have to think about it a little. OK.

It feels like all the characters are stoned. Dude, it's OK man.

She apparently just isn't strong enough to resist a determined man. Yet we are told she IS strong and deliberate. Her weakness doesn't fit her character. You can't just staple plot pieces onto a character. The piece has to fit them. You either have to tailor the pot to the character or build a character to fit the planned plot.

Looking at the comment about bullets, if you don't know what you are talking about, WHY would you add details? Why a sniper rifle? Why not just a rifle. Why the detailed (wrong?) description of the bullet? Why not say the the ammunition was unusual and that helped the police track down the purchaser?

I guess the story was OK.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Incomplete riddle

The author had left out a lot of details in the timeline. Firstly, ringed on 8 September although no date for the official engagement announcement, then the attack in October, no date of the actual marriage, then pregnancy announcement. Now in mid December, meetings with the law and revelation that 3 week prior, say end November, adultery took place.

Either the author was neglecting to put extra effort into the story despite the many hours spent on the story, or deliberately created a cuck tale ruffle feathers. Marshall is portrayed as a fool. Anyone can be made a fool of at least once, but damned if we learn.

No, I did not read the other comments.

SkibumSkibumalmost 6 years ago
Not very satisfying

I generally like coaster2 stories, but this one kind of left me hanging. Marshall was very open in his relationship with Antoinette, but she was much less forthcoming with him. There are a lot of unanswered questions, especially concerning the timeline and when she was seeing her ex. Exactly how far into the engagement was her last encounter with the stalker? Did she continue to see him after the marriage? No definitive answer to these questions leaves me wondering how committed she is to the marriage.

I guess I would just like a more definitive resolution to the situation.

Quadman07Quadman07over 5 years ago
DNA test for the baby

Marshall needs a DNA test for the baby before he pays child support. She was in a hotel room 3 weeks before the police talked to her. What was she doing in the hotel room? Marshall needs to move on without the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good until the Martian slut ray showed up

It’s pathetic that you expect us to believe a woman like her would be bullied into fucking an old boyfriend. Then her husband takes her back? Beyond reasonable. You threw that in and it ruined the story flow. There were many other ways to add tension to the story. In reality he would have run as fast as he could to get away from her. They were exclusive. She cheated for no other. Reason than peer pressure? Get a grip man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Coaster, stop drinking or better yet start !!

Admired all of your stories until this one. Banging her old boyfriend apparently just before the wedding. And he takes her back ?? As another poster wrote "BETTER BE A DNA TEST REAL SOON". Get yourself a case of Blue, yea that beer. Up that point it was good, back to B.C. for you !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hmm

In hotel with a guy 3 weeks before he found out in police meeting.

She wasn't on birth control obviously as pregnant.

A guy would wonder if the baby was his.

And she said she had sex before married because he was basically dominating her.

So how did she resist after marriage, in a hotel with the guy?

The ending left to much unanswered for the outcome.

I would have left out the hotel part unless you could write something to prove teetering have sex.

Or something about the baby being his other than wishful thinking.

Maybe write a 2nd chapter and include something to justify a happy ending.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Question

Have to question this happy ending. Just too easy after what she did. Don't buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
the Heart has a home

First off I loved this story .. second is that it was from a place I grew up almost, anyway . my mother was born in Junction city. and lived in the surrounding areas, and my grand mother lived in Eugene , as I grew up in Sutherland which is about 60-70 miles south of there on I 5 , we would go there and see my grand mother once or twice a year. all of this was long ago, 1967 or so .while your story had some great moments in it it also had some very sad times as well .My mother grew up in a very bad Situation. she was raped by her step dad. then he killed himself in front of her 3 weeks later. where I'm going with this is that I don't think she was ever able to learn how to love her self after words, Hence my feelings that she was never able to love me, Not only by the way she treated me ,Butt also how many times she was Married, 6 times in this life time so far. the man that is my father had a drinking Issue and would abuse her Violently at times when he was drunk. not sure about the sex part , but it seems to me that she had some reasons to hate him, And since I looked just like him by the age of three. every time she would look at me she would see him. And so my story begins. robert-walters@comcast.net

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Late Thought

"I didn't love him. I love you." - They always say that, but how does it make things any better?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Soooo

he knows bad guys may be after him and, even though he's former military and thus obviously competent with weapons, doesn't have a gun in the house? Terminal dumb ass.

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

She was married a few months, yet met another man in a motel room, and the husband is to believe they did not bounce that motel bed.... Newborn DNA test cometh!!!

Any husband that would forgive this motel room meeting just 3weeks hence (as confirmed by State PD) is one gullible lawyer I'd never hire! AND she is an educated professional wife too - this is pure BS - CHEATER in the making. She obviously didn't trust her husband enough to tell him while she was being protected too... And where was her FBI protector/tail???

Sorry this story just has too many dangling open ends.... 3*

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
Trust... but verify?

Given the reveal, even trust is a hard sell.

I haven't read other comments, but I am damn sure that someone would say DNA.

That would be a minimum.

They might not have been officially married before her last (revealed), meeting with her ex, but they were meant to be exclusive., and from the story, he didn't have a single clue.

So what about the situation troubled her? She acted naturally and kept it from him.

Not a single sign that she is trustworthy.

Not sold.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 3 years ago

I proceed to pick nits:

1. He is ROTC in college and thus owed one hitch in the Corps, and yet is a staff sergeant? Did he get busted down from an officer? Very doubtful.

2. "City prosecutor, assistant city prosecutor" prosecuting murder charges? No. City prosecutors, one of which I was for many years, prosecute misdemeanors, not felonies, which are prosecuted by county criminal division attorneys.

3. Small town in rural western Oregon southwest of Eugene, "nobody hunts here"?? Methinks not. Methinks plenty people hunt there, albeit not with military sniper ammo.

Nits picked. Very hard to correlate the bad boyfriend coerced sex plot with what we were shown of Antoinette.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More nits

I'll add some more (minor) nits. Sniper is not a description of .243 ammo, couldn't find any evidence of any steel jacket rounds in what was never a military caliber. Don't let these nits detract from enjoying a very good tale.

calibamma707calibamma707over 3 years ago

Yep I agree with some of the other comments...DNA test for sure, and where was the FBI tail while she was going in with him? If it were not discovered, she would have never confess...her ass is out of here especially knowing what his previous tramp had done...that whore is a devil and I hope he at least pay her ass back one day...

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

Liked the tale and granted it a 4. Too many open questions and the abrupt ending stopped from giving it a 5.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

That was a twist at the last discovering about the former lover and her lack of honesty denying the meeting at the motel 3 weeks earlier, and why did she maintain the lie about it until the FBI said there were witnesses. Boy this would be a leap of faith for any man especially one who has been cheated on in the past. I think he should have done several things before he took her back, one would be a lie detector test to confirm what she was indeed telling him was the truth, second would be a DNA which could be taken right away before. If she indeed pass both conditions I could see him forgiving her and move on into the future, at least for the sake of the unborn child. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

nah to many uncertenties

they are already mentioned in former comments

but this and the rushed end only validate a 3-4* rating

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

stupid cuck

she cheated, so she fucked him the night before the wedding and didn't technically violate the state contract that is a marriage license

she is still a cheating whore

and he is a cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So she won’t sleep with him until she is sure if their relationship, but an ex boyfriend insists, and she jumps

On his cock. A total

Slut does that, not a shy woman.

Get a grip on your characters, this mess was an abomination from the start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes, I really liked this story until the revelation of the cheating affair, and it was an affair, as she represented herself as single when they started dating and then exclusive when they continued. At the same time, she was regularly fucking another man. The question of "better off with her than without her" is from only one side. The male protagonist can say that all he wants, but if she decides to cheat again, which she has already demonstrated, then he's got another bad, maybe worse decision on his hands.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What about when the DNA shows the child is not his?... will he still be better off with her than without her?

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

So, let us see what we have learned from this escapade:

1 she can eff around on you but as long as she comes back, you are better off.

2 she can eff around on you until the night before the wedding and no wrong was done, no harm no foul.

3 she can eff around on you, keep secrets and never tell, but you are better off.

4 she can eff around o you and get preggs, but no dna test is required because she is trustworthy.

Makes all the sense in the world to me. terribly poor effort here, concept is all over the map here.

lowest possible score.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Just, no. I thoroughly enjoy most of this author's stories but not this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is pathetic. She says they are exclusive when they are not yet engaged. Bald faced lier. How can she say that when she's fucking someone else right up to wedding, if you believe her, and after if you don't. Also this doesn't fit her portrayed character from the beginning of the story. DNA test! This poor guy is in for more heartbreak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You can't live without her. Does that mean you are going to watch her have sex with these boyfriends she can't resist?

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

She never had sex with anyone else after she married. I believe the plot line.

It does not stray from that and does not intimate anything else happened. I believe that scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What crap. I will never get that time back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Even if the Marshall accepts that she did not cave to the stalker after marriage, wouldn't he want some details? What happened exactly at the meeting 3 weeks ago in Corvalis at the motel? Why did she hide it? How long was she seeing this other psycho while they were "exclusive" (quotes because she used that word early when Marshall asked, but apparently wasn't the case). When was the last time she fucked the guy? How often while they were "exclusive". Why didn't she trust Marshall enough to seek his help. Marshall was almost killed because of it. I assume her telling the guy "no" in Corvallis is what led to the shooting. Or did she talk to him after thr shooting while separated, not knowing what the psycho was doing? Plot was interesting but the author let it derail at thr end. If you want to ads that plot twist, then be prepared to explore that emotional vein. While it is possible for them to overcome this, it would take a lot of work and discussion. Just using "better off with or without them" trope is a lazy way out. While it may factor into a decision where there is uncertainty, it is not the only factor. Counseling. Therapy for her in a bad sexual relationship for who knows hoe long. Why she internalized everything. Kept.it secret. Didn't seek help. She was clearly terrified. And with good reason. But her response was not normal. I think based on the duality of her choosing to believe that Marshall is not a murderer, the author makes it clear that she did not cheat during their marriage, though she cannot prove a negative. That takes trust on Marshall's part. But without more understanding of why she was locked into a toxic relationship (that came literally out of nowhere) and did not get help to get out of it. For pity's sake, Marshall is a lawyer with contacts and a former Marine, wtf involved him at some point, he shared the WITSEC stuff with you (partly by accident). And again she calimed they were "exclusive" when they were not. That doesn't have to mean divorce given the circumstances but it still means soemthing. At least poor judgement and lack of trust in Marshall. So yeah drops to a 4/5 because the author went for the shock factor, but did not mine the emotional vein. Just dropped his pickaxe and moved on. Disappointing.

nyc1975nyc1975about 1 year ago

So was he in Iraq or Afghanistan? Even the Marine Corps didn't leave its units in the sandbox for three uninterrupted years. If he went through four years of ROTC, why wasn't he a lieutenant rather than a sergeant.

In a town as Ridgeview is described, there would likely be no fewer than a dozen homes with rifles chambered in .243 Winchester. It is a very common hunting round for game up to deer. And one typically buys the rifles in a gun or sporting goods store not over the internet. In Oregon all firearms transfers not between immediate family members must be processed through a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL).

In the USA, students go to college, they don't attend university.

Generally a good story, but little glitches that could be fixed with a minimum research effort irritate me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Big shock factor with the stalker reveal but not remotely enough details. When? How long? How many times? Why not get help? Why not.tell your husband? Was she coerced from the start when they were exclusive? There was no blackmail. So yeah, why? They need counseling and she needs therapy. Closet submissive?

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195510 months ago

A very good story and plot. Problem is, it seems to me that she was having sex after her marriage and the baby might not be her husband's. Not enough details...4 stars, could have been 5.

Surfdude1965Surfdude196510 months ago

Is he better off with her? Hem not if she is a cheating slut. If she is getting around it won't be long in a small town that his reputation will permanently suffer. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

LOL. It needed DNA tests.

Fighting for his exclusivity and to stay with him while she was fucking another guy was pretty low.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married877 months ago

Great story, but one important question to was never asked by Marshall that I would have had to known before going forward. If you did not have sex with him while you were married why was you spotted going into a hotel with him just 3 weeks earlier? Did you two ride together to the hotel? How many times did you meet with him since out wedding? I would have had to have those answered before coming back.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous