All Comments on 'Trying on a Collar Pt. 05'

by Carl_Bradford

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Joe_Doe_StoriesJoe_Doe_Storiesover 3 years ago
Great World Building, Inspiring Ideas

I think this is a really unique and creative story, and a fantastic expansion to this universe.

Favorite bits:

Her nervousness being around the slave handlers in the lobby of The Longhorn Slave Market.

Nicki's cheerful slave psychologist, and her offhanded joke guessing that Jessie played 'wrangler and slave' with her. Like many of your off hand remarks, it fired my imagination. Has Jessie done this before? Or are these roleplays sort of an unwritten industry perk, like free cake on people's birthdays, or not getting a speeding ticket if your spouse is a cop?

Mom, particularly the power image of the Mom behind the desk!

The power dynamic and nervousness that the little brother George introduces

The idea of the servant mentally undressing her, and the slave kennel with the lock on the door. I've always found the image of a girl trying to undo the padlock on a kennel door a hot one. Shirley probably has a padlock on the door of her gym locker, and her life is filled with locks that she passes through with ease. The idea that, as a slave girl, unlocking things is no longe available to her, and she can be rendered helpless by a lock she could buy at the store for $6 is a hot one.

I liked you referring to it as a dog cage. I think it's cool if pets and slaves got the same supplies from the same places.

You may not get as much feedback on this one, since there was a lot of exposition, but your imagination is clearly firing on all cylinders and this is great stuff. The only problem with Chapter 5 is I can't wait until Chapter 6!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another great chapter

You had mentioned before that you had two more chapters I'm assuming chapter 6 is the last. Hope it is long and ties the story up. Cliff hangers do nothing for me personally. Joe Doe's comments are always interesting, but as a fan of his I would love to see more chapters in several of his series especially "Sandy Foot Girl" and "Slave Yoga" please. Again thanks for another great series, looking forward to chapter 6.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Composition

Great story line and well thought out. We are enjoying the story very much and thank you for writing it. Good plotting, pacing and interesting characters. Can't wait for the next installment.

teehaateehaaover 3 years ago
There is still something wrong in this universe...

The degree of slavery got adjusted to something bearable that a normal person could endure without longterm harm... if and only if the person gets handled by some eeasonable proffessional people.

But I don't understand why in this universe handling a car is restricted by exams while handling a human being is not. I would say a by abuse unhinged (ex)slave gets

a knife and goes on a murder-suicide killing spree. Who is responsble.

End even if things dont get so tragic then this. A slave commits suicide. He she was somebodys son daughter sibling. You can write as much laws as you want for this relatives this humans stay people. They will want justice and when they dont get it they want revenge.

Therefore I think there should be a licencing system for slave owners and handlers otherwise the slavery will disrupt society.

To the story. I would be very surprised and sad if the fosters would mistreat shirley. Shes a gem. Utterly lovable.

tauriredtauriredover 3 years ago
Some questions about FINOs

- It was never directly said (or I don't see this) that Texas FINO contract isn't transferable. Was this mistake by law authors or they intended to make it transferable? Or it's just not said in text of story but said in law?

If it's transferable - what about situations like bankruptcy where (as far as I knew) contracts are transferred but most obligations are NOT transferred?(see for example issues with book publishing contracts for relativly minor authors, they don't get money but they also don't get back rights to their books).

What exactly difference (except presense of guardian) between FINO without time-out periods and right of owner to extend contract for violations and real slave?

- Can FINO be enslaved at all? (not by contract owner but by others).

- Is it possible to have FINO contract with corporation? With trust (which created for slave?)(if it's possible and FINO can't be enslaved - this looks like rather easy enslavement protection, just make trust for yourself and sign FINO contract with your trust. Btw, will 'self-enslaved slave owned by her trust' scheme works with regular slaves too? Yes, I read DEF stories about exactly those schemes).

- FINO contract is registered in slave tracking system with some comments. How other states/U.S. Federal Gov handle this contract? Do they honor FINO status? Other countries? How it was intended to be handled by lawmakers?

- Vets. FINOs are still free women in Texas. What if 'vet' do something seriously wrong(as in 'you will get medical malpractice lawsuit' wrong) to free woman and not slave/indentured person? Who will take liability?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story, enjoying your world setup.

I wanted to let you know that I enjoy a number of your stories, and this one in particular. I'm looking forward to more stories from you.

GreyRose

astuffedshirt_pervastuffedshirt_pervover 3 years ago

Nice one. But how/why was Jessie not on the next plane out to tap that ass? Lol. young'uns today.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Different opinion ...

To the story. I would be very surprised and sad if the fosters would "not" mistreat shirley

Good idea, well written, just a little too long and so a little boring

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@taurired

Honestly, the answer to your questions is basically "It works however the author wants it to work to set up the next scenario they had in mind". It's pretty much characteristic of the Slave Grading universe. Writer wants someone to get wrongfully enslaved, so they write loopholes into the system. Writer wants there to be tension and a sense of danger, so they make it pretty much impossible for someone get freed even if they're wrongfully enslaved. Writer wants there to be a satisfying heroine triumph so mechanisms are written into the story which allow them to triumph. What happens when a slave is in despair and decides to kill her tormentors and then commit suicide? No relevant to the scenario the writer wants so they ignore it. Etc.

A more sensible approach would be the Indenture Contracts from GamlnLuck's Slave Camp universe. There, people can voluntarily indenture themselves and they set the terms of their indenture, which can be anything from "I'll mow your lawn every Sunday" to full on, no-holes barred slavery. The duration of the contract, what the indentured person is required to do, when that person is required to be available, etc, is all negotiable. Contracts have a maximum duration of 5 years and there are very strict measures in place against coercion to change, extend or renew contracts. Indenture also mandatorily comes with compensation, and functions more like a high-intensity job than exploitative slavery. They still have the whole "practically impossible to get freed" thing going for actual slaves, but at least the enslavement process is subject to multiple layers of strict oversight including judiciary authority. Also, even slaves get asset protection, retirement plans, etc. Slaves assets go into a trust upon enslavement and they get it back after they serve their term. The owners have no way to access it. If slaves work, they also get money put towards their retirement fund. It's a much more thoroughly thought out system than the haphazard, anything-goes system we typically see with Slave Grading universe stories.

harc70harc70almost 3 years ago

Awesome but he should have put her butt plug back in her after he finished.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous