T's BH Lounge

Story Info
Former lovers meet again ten years later.
10.8k words
4.61
8.9k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DocWords
DocWords
3,305 Followers

Hello everyone. This is a story about former lovers who meet again. There's no sex in it and hopefully it appeals to your heart rather than your genitalia. My thanks to Kathleen S. for being my beta-reader. As always, I appreciate your comments and votes.

DocWords

T's BH Lounge

Chapter 01

Her marriage had failed. She had waited a long time for the right one and thought she had found him. After three years of marriage, what she had found was him in bed with her best friend. Catie packed her bags and moved out that day, then filed for divorce the next. She wasn't interested in his explanations or excuses. It was over.

Her sister lived in Cottonwood, California and invited her to come and stay with her for a while and get her mind and heart back together. After the divorce was final, Catie decided to take her up on it. She took an indefinite leave of absence from work and in a few days was enroute to Sacramento.

Catie was still young at thirty-two. She was slim and very attractive. Her hair was naturally strawberry blonde, but she had lived as a brunette for the last five years. The physicians she visited seemed to listen to what she had to say better as a brunette. She worked for a pharmaceutical company as a pharmacy rep, visiting with doctors and promoting her company's products, and was very good at it. Catie was a registered pharmacist.

Her sister, Carla, was a nurse practitioner in a small clinic in Cottonwood, Ca. She had moved from Atlanta five years earlier after her fiancé, Michael, had been killed in the line of duty as an Atlanta cop. She liked being in a small town and northern California provided her with the types of outdoor activities she enjoyed. The nearest good size city was Redding and outdoor activity abounded there. Night life, however, was better in Chico, about an hour southeast of where she lived. Being a college town there was a lot more of it. Since she was so well known from her work, she avoided the one bar in Cottonwood.

When Catie's plane arrived in Sacramento, Carla was there waiting for her. After long hugs they walked to Starbucks then to the baggage claim. The parking garage was just across the street. Within twenty minutes of arriving, they were driving on the highway. In Atlanta they would still be walking to the baggage claim. Catie had been out to visit her sister once before, but they had spent the weekend together in San Francisco, so she hadn't been to her sister's home.

"So how are you feeling?" Carly asked.

"Foolish more than anything else. Everyone warned me about him, but I didn't listen."

"I've warned you about two. You didn't listen about the first one either."

"No, I didn't. I wish I had."

"What ever became of Tony?"

"No clue. The day after we broke up, he quit med school and disappeared."

"Did you ever try to find him?"

"No, I'd hurt him enough."

"You should google him. Who knows?"

"I think it wiser to leave that in the past. He's probably married with a family by now."

"It can't hurt to just look?"

"Carla, drop it please. I'm already feeling like crap and don't want to be reminded of how I dumped the one man who truly loved me."

"Okay."

"I didn't realize how much agriculture there was around here. I guess when I think of California I think of beaches, movie stars, and sunshine."

"You're thinking southern California. In the northern end we have mountains, agriculture, and cowboys."

"Cowboys?"

"It's surprising how many there are. The pace of life is a lot slower here too. The only people in a hurry are my patients."

"Do you like the slower pace?"

"I love it, but I had to learn to appreciate it. Now I can sit on my porch for hours and just enjoy the quiet."

"Are you still near a lake?"

"I'm right on the lake."

"I'm looking forward to seeing it. Is it big enough I won't wear out my welcome after one night?"

"We'll have lots of room. Look ahead, when we go over the next rise, you'll see Mt. Shasta."

Catie watched as Shasta came into view.

"Wow, that's beautiful. Isn't Shasta a volcano?"

"Yes, but it hasn't erupted in about three thousand years."

"How often does it erupt?"

"Historically, about every 600-800 years."

"So, it's past due?" Catie asked.

"I doubt the mountain reads the same books we do. Look to your right. See those two peaks right together?"

"Yeah."

"The one on the left is Mt. Lassen. It erupted a hundred years ago."

"So, California has earthquakes, volcanoes, and tidal waves; sounds lovely. Anything else to worry about?"

"Worrying gives you gray hair and wrinkles. Just be prepared. It's the fires that are the biggest danger around where I live. We've had at least two smoky weeks every year since I've been here. You just have to be prepared."

"Are you prepared?"

"I am, and so are you."

"That's comforting."

"Relax, Catie. You're gonna love it here."

"I'll admit, it is pretty. And the traffic actually moves on the roads here, nothing like Atlanta. I could get used to that."

"I work Monday through Thursday, so you'll have some time to yourself. Friday night we've gotta go to T's BH Lounge in Chico. And Saturday we're going up Shasta.

"What's T's BH lounge?"

"Small college venue. Live music, karaoke, but on Friday's T plays. You'll love him. He draws quite a crowd."

"What's the BH stand for?"

"No clue."

"Anything else planned?"

"Yes, we're drumming for peace tomorrow morning."

"What?"

"There are a lot of spiritual people in this area. Tomorrow a large group of them are meeting at the Sacramento River and drumming for planetary peace. There's something really healing about it. Just wait. Then we're going to the farmer's market for fruits and veggies. After that we have the day to ourselves."

"When you say spiritual, what do you mean?"

"About three years ago I took a class to be a Reiki practitioner."

"Isn't that like a faith healer?"

"Energy healing actually. I combine my energy with that of the universe, and sometimes other Reiki practitioners, and share it with patients. That energy has healing powers."

"Sounds like mumbo jumbo. You were always so scientific before. What happened?"

"I still am but I've seen the benefits of Reiki. There's more to us than what the textbooks tell us. I use Reiki in combination with allopathic medicine in the office. I don't tell the patients, but I do it."

"Seems a little inappropriate."

"Being in sales, you understand the value of a smile?"

"Sure."

"Aren't you sharing smile energy to help make your sales?"

"I am, but that's different."

"Not really. I share energy to heal. You share energy to sell. Energy is energy."

"You'll forgive me if I withhold my opinion until I see it."

"I will."

They left the highway and turned on to Lake California drive.

"Four miles up the ridge to the gate, one mile across the top then one mile down into the valley. Keep an eye out for deer."

"This is beautiful."

"Wait till we get to the top. It's spectacular."

The first four miles was a two-lane paved road, twisting and turning, and all uphill. When they reached the top, they came to the gate. The sticker on the side window raised the bar to enter. There were houses much like any subdivision except these had views to die for. Mt. Shasta could be seen on the left and Lassen straight ahead. There was a huge, beautiful valley between them."

"Classy." Catie said.

Carly pointed out things of interest as they drove. When they reached the spot where they began their descent into the valley, Catie gasped.

"Oh heavens! What a beautiful valley."

"Can never get too much of this view. Keep your eyes open. Deer are often right along here."

The did see two groups of deer on the way down and slowed to get a better look. Catie took a few pictures with her phone. At the bottom of the ridge there was a T intersection at the edge of the lake. They turned left then three blocks later they made a right. Carla pulled into the first driveway.

"Here we are. Home sweet home."

"Adobe? It looks smaller than I expected."

"It's bigger than it looks."

She pulled into the garage then closed the door with the button. They unloaded Catie's bags and went inside.

"My room is to the left. The rest of the house is to the right. Let's put your bags in your room then I'll show you around."

They walked down the hallway to the foyer and turned right toward the front door. There was a small hallway on their left. The doors on the left and right opened into the guest rooms. Between them was the guest bath. Catie picked the bedroom on the left because of the view of the forest. The view from the other faced the two homes across the street.

"Ready for the tour?"

Catie nodded. The ceilings were at least ten feet high and beneath them were brown marble floors. They walked through an archway into the great room. To the right was the living area with a Spanish style fireplace. To the left of that was a large TV. On the wall above that was a tree limb with a lot of small branches. It was decorated with tiny white lights and multiple small decorations.

"That's my holiday tree. Each decoration represents either a holiday or a day that's special to me. We'll be adding a new ornament to commemorate your arrival today."

Catie grinned. To the left of the TV was a modern desk with a computer. The entire south wall of the house was glass facing the lake. The view was beautiful. Between the TV and brown leather furniture was a light-colored modern rug. The opposite end of the great room was a huge island kitchen. This was a chef's dream. Next to that was a small Spanish looking table with four chairs. Carla opened the sliding door to the back of the house. The porch was at least twelve feet deep and ran the length of the house. It was divided into three sections. The center section was covered and screened in, with a ceiling fan, sitting area, a small table, and several plants. On the right was a screen door that led to a patio garden. It was filled with plants.

"You'll notice that none of the fruit or vegetable plants, other than the peppers, have ripe produce. The animals come up here and eat them," Carla said, smiling.

"You could put a gate up."

"But then they couldn't steal my food. What's the fun in that?"

Through the other side of the enclosed area was a table with an umbrella and four chairs, then just past that was a screen covered fire pit. There was also a door that led to the master and a ramp leading down to the private dock. There were two kayaks on the dock. They went back inside. They entered the huge master. There was a king bed, a nightstand on either side and a single chair. The room was sparse. Catie was impressed with the size of the master bath and the elegant claw foot tub, but what really got her attention was the closet. There were five separate areas for hanging clothes, with drawers and shelves between the areas and even more storage above.

"It's a beautiful home, Carla. How much of it do you actually use?"

"The master, the patio and occasionally the kitchen."

"Do you have a lot of guests?"

"Two or three in all the time I've been here. I lead a pretty quiet life."

"Are you happy?"

Carla thought for a moment. "I'm not unhappy. I'm content, I suppose."

"Is it because of Michael?"

"Catie, Michael was my soul mate. He was taken away from me. Nothing and no one can ever fill the void he left."

"Have you even looked?"

"Don't pull this crap on me. Mine was taken away. You have a soul mate too and you never even looked for Tony. Get off your soap box and I won't get on mine."

"Sorry. I didn't mean..."

"I know you didn't, but it still pisses me off that you just let him go."

Catie put her head down but didn't answer. She knew Carla was right. She not only let him go, but she also drove him away. They didn't talk about much that evening as they sat on the patio listening to the sounds of nature and the lake.

**********

Both were up early Sunday morning for the drumming. They would be at a bend in the river where they would be facing east so the reflection of the sun on the water would be almost blinding. Both wore wide brim hats and dark sunglasses. Carla had two drums. One was about the size of a basketball and the other the size of a two-liter bottle. Catie chose the smaller of the two. When they arrived, there were already about fifty people there. The mix of people was surprising. There were normal looking seniors, hippies, children, and everything in between. Some were dressed as if going to church and others were in native American attire. It was completely unpredictable. The diversity was a joy to behold. There were smiles and goodwill from everyone.

When the event began everyone who was able stood. They formed a large circle, and everyone became silent. The only sound was the water in the river. They all stood in silence for a few minutes before the circle was broken and everyone sat again. Someone began a slow steady beat on a drum. A second joined, then a third, then everyone. It was hauntingly beautiful. The rhythm seemed to clear Catie's mind and thoughts. She felt a part of something much greater than herself. Never, had she experienced such a feeling of peace and tranquility. When it finished, about an hour later, Catie remained sitting. She didn't want to get up. She wanted more. Carla took her hand and helped her up. As they walked to the car Carla spoke.

"You felt the oneness, didn't you?"

"It was like there was a single drum and just one person, but all of us were beating drums. Does that make sense?"

"Our spirits joined. There was only one of us drumming. That's how the Reiki works too. It isn't limited by time or space."

"Now I'm lost."

"With Reiki you can heal backwards. As an example, your broken heart from eight years ago can be healed."

"I don't want it healed. My broken heart is all I have left of Tony. Good or bad, I treasure that."

"Same with Michael. As painful as it is, it's mine and keeps my connection."

"That's a mysterious looking guy." Catie pointed him out. "Long hair, beard, black clothes, Harley. He seems out of place here."

"Don't judge the book by its cover. That's T. We're going to hear him sing this Friday in Chico."

"There's a lot of diversity in this group."

"What group? There's only one of us, remember?"

Catie turned and looked at the river then back at Carla.

"Was the river part of the one too?"

"And the sun and sound. Everything was and is part of it. Let's go to the farmer's market."

As they got in the car, T drove by. He smiled and waved as he passed. They both returned the greeting. There was something familiar about the way he waved.

The farmer's market was interesting. People from the area had grown fruits, vegetables and nuts and had them all for sale. The prices were better than the grocery stores in Atlanta, but never having shopped locally, Catie didn't know about here. Gas prices were a dollar a gallon higher, so she assumed most everything was too. She was right.

In the afternoon, Carla took Catie on a walking tour of the valley and lake. They passed the stables, archery range, garden plots-with fences to keep the animals out, playground, tennis and basketball courts, pool, waterfowl sanctuary, and finally the country club. Catie was impressed. They went to the bar for a drink, then sat on the deck to enjoy it. Carla's house was only three blocks from the country club.

When they got back to the house, they cut up some of the produce they had purchased, added a few chunks of beef, then skewered and grilled them. After dinner they sat on the patio until well after dark.

"Come here, I want to show you something," Carla told her sister. They walked onto the dock. Carla pointed to a hazy area over their heads. "Do you know what that is?"

Catie looked for a minute. "Really thin clouds? Smoke? I don't know."

"That's the Milky Way, our galaxy. Have you ever seen so many stars?"

"Never. This is extraordinary."

"There's very little light pollution, we get a better view. Listen, what do you hear?"

"Birds, water, wind, not much."

"No cars, trucks or horns. It's quiet. Peaceful. The way it was before mankind infested it with our technology. Can you see why I love this place?"

"It is a marvel," Catie replied.

Chapter 02

Carla worked Monday through Thursday, so Catie had the house to herself. She really enjoyed the peace and quiet. Since the drumming on Sunday, she had been a peace. Well mostly. There was a man in her past that would always be there, but that was history. Still, he was always with her.

On Wednesday, Carla had Catie drive her to work so she could join them for lunch. She enjoyed meeting her sister's co-workers and friends and they enjoyed meeting her. Although Catie enjoyed her work she didn't miss it, but she certainly didn't miss the rat race of Atlanta. This was a good place, a healing place. Wednesday evening when Carla came home, she told Catie about the weekly Reiki meeting in Red Bluff. Catie wanted to go and learn more.

They had no more than walked in the door when Donna Robertson took Catie aside. She welcomed Catie and told her that several people had been expecting her. They had felt her presence on Sunday and knew they would be getting an opportunity to spend time with her. Catie looked at Carla for guidance.

"Go for it. You can trust them."

"May we work with you, Catie?" Donna asked.

"Sure."

"Come, let's put you on the table. Carla, you come too. You should be part of this."

They walked her to the back of the hall to a private room with a table similar to a massage table. Donna had her remove her shoes then stand a few feet from the table. Some oriental sounding music started. Donna was handed smoking sage and a feather. She slowly began fanning the smoke over Catie and repeating a chant. Catie couldn't understand what she was saying. Once finished the seven people that were there did the same to each other as Catie watched. Carla was one of the seven.

"Catie, we're going to be joining with you spiritually. You're in no danger. You can stop the experience at any time. We'll be passing hands over the energy centers of your body. Have you heard of chakras?"

"Yes."

"After we've done that, two of us will pass our hands over your entire body like we're scanning for spots that need work. Once that's done, we'll begin. There will be seven sets of hands on you during the entire process. It isn't a sexual touch, and we won't be touching you in that way. Remember, you can stop it at any time. Many people fall asleep. It's very relaxing. Do you have questions?"

"How long will it take?"

"Sometimes as long as an hour."

"Are we joining like I felt on Sunday?"

"Yes, but this will feel more powerful."

"Why me?"

"We were called to you."

"By whom?"

"The all, Catie. The everything."

"God?"

"Yes, if you prefer that title. Anything else?"

"No, I'm ready."

"Close your eyes and relax now. You'll feel me drawing symbols on your head with my finger."

Catie nodded. Donna began by using her finger to trace five symbols on Catie's head. Then Donna and another set of hands hovered above several spots on her body. They weren't touching her, but she could feel warmth. Then one set of hands hovered just above her feet then up one side of her body. The other began at her head and worked downward on her other side. They weren't touching her, but she could feel the energy. It was so relaxing. The hands were gone for a second and multiple sets of hands touched her. Nothing inappropriate but seemingly everywhere. The hands seemed to blend into just one. The feeling of peace was overwhelming and soon she drifted off to sleep.

DocWords
DocWords
3,305 Followers