All Comments on 'Turn the Page'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 309 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Is there a continuation to the story.... Definitely a 5 star ⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟⭐🌟. Hopefully there is.....

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

she hasn't hit rock bottom yet...... rock bottom is when it is just you and Christ, and that is when He can work with you, building up His character in us, so that we can be "born again" with Christ's character

drycreeksdrycreeksover 2 years ago

Again another great story line could b so much more .

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Re read. Fucking dust

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My God the emotions. I have known a couple women in similar situations. The memories came

Flooding back. This old cop had tears in his eyes.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Read again. Specfuckingtacular. Just awe inspiring. Thank you.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

That was an amazing story with real emotion. Terrible subject to consider, of course, but extremely well done.

TangomoreTangomoreabout 2 years ago

I always liked Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Your story nestle right into it. I really love the characters. The storyline flows naturally. The dialog allows the reader to be captured in time and place. Well done.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

3rd read and still get teary.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've read a lot of stories, this one really hit the heart!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not my Type and I was expecting too much probably so I won't vote.

froggytreefroggytreeabout 2 years ago

Second read. I really normally don't like to cry this much with my porn. Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What an achingly pathetic and emotional experience.

How awful to be trapped in such self loathing yet to hang on because of an adoring dependant waif. Is there such a thing as redemption? (Means, motive, and opportunity?) Healing probably hurts more than numbing apathy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderfully well written. I’m a grumpy guy in my 70’s and it had me misty eyed!

MkflowMkflowabout 2 years ago

Write a sequel and don't let the little girl die....please!!!

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 years ago

Great story, made this 82 yo man cry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Maybe she will listen to Nathan now.

e5jerseye5jerseyalmost 2 years ago

One of my favorite stories by this author, let alone on the this site. Second read through, still have to go dry off my face. Tears me right up. Like to think there is a happy ending beyond the story’s perfect conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sadly I had a cousin who drove way to fast on snowy roads . She did leave a letter behind . But only 3 people saw it . Her Parents and Me .

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Read again. Rip your fucking heart out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, but it needs an epilog or another chapter.

Padre33Padre33almost 2 years ago

A truly phenomenal story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When I read touching stories like this that leave me a blubbering mess, I always wonder how the author was affected while writing it. I can't imagine they would be any different and it just adds to my respect for their talent. Another 5* to add to your collection.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is the most polished story on Literotica. Every word is uniquely chosen to give the most emotional impact possible. I have no idea why you write for free, because I know you could sell this talent. Fine mature writing, and you left me broken. I choose to believe Alyssa and Nathan support little Merrilee through her treatments until she is completely recovered. Her grandparents now have a little angel in their lives. I believe Alyssa gets a real job, assisted by Nathan, recovers from all the destruction she's brought on herself and lives a good life as Merrilee's mother. She and Nathan co-parent this treasure in their lives and the wolfhound has a little goddess to worship. I don't see a romance, but I do see two people united in their love for the precious gift they almost lost. I don't want you to write another word. Let me believe good things. It could never be anything other than five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the gems I stumble across as I read my way through the categories I enjoy in Literotica. I’m about ¼ of the way through.

Great well constructed tale. 5 stars 🌟 only because I can’t give ten

Bill S.

VickiT375VickiT375almost 2 years ago

Still crying. I think we all wish life was a straight line with fewer heartaches and less pain, but ultimately we do the best we can to survive and look for morsels of joy wherever we can find them. These characters will have a rough road together but there is hope. I have seen miracles happen with hope. Great story. Thank you. I need another tissue.

Nasty56Nasty56almost 2 years ago

Outstanding, maybe a follow on story.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Emotional Rescue. The ending was tremendous and you ended the story at the correct point. People's lives sometimes spiral out of control. I have seen/experienced situation where out of a bad experience comes relief and good karma. Love the parallel and work in with lines from the song. Continue writing for your words are such a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God, what a tear jerker. I’m a mess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would dearly like to read the next two chapters of this story.

I won’t complain about it being unfinished because it stopped at a logical place, but a continuation would be welcome.

Bill S.

Stargazer5154Stargazer5154over 1 year ago

Thanks again for another moving story that brought tears to my eyes

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

More than anything I've read from you,....

This needs a chapter 2

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I know you hear this quite a bit from me, but DANG HOW DO YOU DO IT. I just finished this one and it was a total emotional trip. Oh yeah it was another ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ read.

Anyone who has children and or grandchildren could not read this story without the emotion and tears getting the most of them. I know every turn with Alyssa thinking about how to make better the life of her daughter was a touching moment for me. Knowing the impact of the big C’s impact on families makes this story personal when I read it. That in itself was a subject that reached deep inside and tugged at the heart strings.

But with Alyssa trying to figure her way out of the deep hole she had put herself into thinking mostly about Merrilee left me wanting to see everything work out for her and Merrilee. (Remember I like Hallmark movies.) But it was your story and as always you told it your way. I like the fact that in the story Alyssa took credit/blame for where they were at in life. That showed internal character and honest reflection on her part. It made her character a more believable person to me. It made the story a better story than if she just blamed the world and was an OH WOE IS ME person.

You have a way within your mind to bring thing into your writing that most others don’t. I guess that is why I enjoy your stories.

Thanks for writing this one. Also, thanks for putting together the “Hanging by a Thread Invitational Story Challenge.” I haven’t read them all yet. However, I will get to each of them.

Oh, by the way, I would love to see a follow-up to this one. I just can’t really call it a FTDS. I think where you left this one was a good breaking point.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

NSQ007NSQ007over 1 year ago

I've now worked my way through about 2/3s of blackrndI1958's catalogue here on Literotica and this has to be the best piece of writing that I've come across. The style and characterisation are every bit as good as the rest of her body of work, but the plotting and the subject matter are far superior.

I was waiting for a storyline that didn't have a waif like "dusky princess" or two sprinkled across the story line and the man mountain, Red haired, gentle giant for the main character to fall hopelessly in love with; and this story delivers with aces. I'm disappointed that I can only award 5 stars, this story deserves much more.

froggytreefroggytreeover 1 year ago

I'm a mess every freaking time I read this one. Undeniably one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why is the rating system limited to a 5?? This story has to be the best one I have ever read on this site! It is always a pleasure to see a story submitted by her. Thank you for all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hate sweet romantic stories that end well. I always cry. 5 stars.

Dave

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 1 year ago

A beautiful, heart-warming story from a superb author. Thank you Randi.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I first read this 6 months ago and have just read it again and cried again. How do you do it? I have already told how much I love your work and how talented I think you are. I had two daughters and know what they do to a father.

This would make a wonderful film.

Is there to be more or shall we use our imaginations as to how they rebuild their lives as Merrilee heals and grows.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

it's a damn good story, gave it a solid 4.5 wouldn't even dicuss her living with me. the kid ..yes mom....hell naw

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This seriously begs for a part 2. excellent !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There needs to be some more parts to this story. Absolutely beautiful so far. Don't let the beauty end/die. LP

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

5 stars! An excellent story of the power of the love of a mother.

Nuf said.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[03.11.22]

O.M.G. invisible ninjas slicing onions strike again!

A beautiful story of a mother's love and father's too...with a hint of reconciliation.

11/110 Claires!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The best thing you have written.

Slick742Slick742over 1 year ago

Damn, a story that caused a flood of tears. Thank you.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 golden stars

Locksley7Locksley7over 1 year ago

What can I say? I love this story! It had me captivated completely from the start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More please!

Finish!

Write on!

Touch our hearts once more!

Soooo loved and soooo misty!

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Really good so far, but it needs more, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love happy endings!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To be extremely frank about this one, I find it impossible to score. a one or a five or take the easy way out and give nothing. It is in my opinion in the wrong category [although I know why so many writers dump their stories in LW, it's called bang for your buck, the old shotgun approach, not written with malice just opinion.]

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

Couldn't hold back the tears.

emsoneemsoneover 1 year ago

My all time favorite on Literotica. Have read for the 3rd time and still tear up.

emsoneemsoneover 1 year ago

A continuation would be great.

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

Ditto the requests for a continuation. You're an amazing writer and this is over of your best stories. Beautiful, sad, yet somehow uplifting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn, that was a hard read. Blurred eyes make reading difficult.

You got me again.

I love your writing.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I cry every time I read this one. You are beyond talented as a writer. And this one is one of your best

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad tail of life gone wrong, I've always believed the quote "Never say it can't get any worse, because that's when it does." it seems to be true from much observation of the human occupied world, but I've also met so me truly wonderful people in my time so know there is hope, I go with that.

EPDSREPDSRover 1 year ago

Wow, what a great story and well written! Brought tears to a grown mans eyes. Not everyone can lead a life and not make mistakes or be forced down a dark path. It shows we as people should not be against reaching out to others in need or pain. Life is never fair.

Vstar67Vstar67over 1 year ago

The whole time I was reading this, that song was playing in my head. Great story and glad it ended on a good note!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unbelievably sad tale with a ray of hope at the end. The sadness and pain for all involved. The MC did not deserve all this pain. Her depression causes her to make some sad decisions. Really moving tale of sadness, regret, anguish, shame, and sacrifice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truly excellent story.

Redemption is possible. Forgiveness. Hope. Faith in other human beings doing rhe right thing.

Love of a child has and will change lives.

Thank you for this.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Very well done. Complex emotion, difficult dialogue that often lost its place to the feeling. I found myself hoping things would work out somehow.

CharetteCharetteover 1 year ago

mehr als alles andere würde ich mir eine fortsetzung der geschichte wünschen.

Für mich ist das hier gerade mal der erste teil.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedover 1 year ago

Hope I still can listen to the song after this very emotional story.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53about 1 year ago

A very sad, teary, but excellent story. Wish I could give more than 5 stars.

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

That was painful to read. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars on a great story . Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So well written and dramatic. Five stars. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best I have read! 5*s

MrSirManMrSirManabout 1 year ago

You are hands down- the best writer on this site and one of the best storytellers writing in any venue. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Couldn't stop crying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Never in my entire life have i ever cried while reading a story.But this masterpiece made me cry like a baby.You are one of the greatest story writer i have ever seen.Hope you bring more such masterpieces to life.ALL THE BEST :)

Deuce58Deuce5812 months ago

Very very very good story, had me in tears and pulled at my heart strings. As a long time donater to St Judes it is hard to see children go through cancer. Would love to have you write a follow up.

Thank you for such a great story...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sorry couldn't get past the rape scene. Made me too angry.

granoldadgranoldad12 months ago

Great story, very emotional.

Since you write so well, I would love for you to take a look at my story. I have never written anything ever and welcome any thoughts or critique you could offer.

(A Tale of Two Wives 001)

granoldad

HighBrowHighBrow12 months ago

I teared up for the whole emotional story. Very human, heart-breaking, tear-jerking, you know…

SpunkyAndSparkySpunkyAndSparky12 months ago

Wow. That was powerful. You have a way with your stories but this one really found emotion in me.

corpsbumcorpsbum10 months ago

This is not a Literotica story, this is literature! As in a wonderfully crafted work of literature. Wow!

NitpicNitpic10 months ago
Hell

Hell of a good story.

IndyOnIndyOn9 months ago

My Gawd Randi.....What a great story teller you are. We should rate your stories on how many tissues we use! The first thing I did after reading this story was to go sign up for a monthly donation to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. Please keep writing. *5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

More.... I want MORE! Seriously this is amazing. I know it works as is, as a short story, but I want more. I want a full novel of just Alyssa Merrilee and Nathan as they patch their family together again. I don't care if Alyssa and Nathannever get together again (okay that's a lie, I totally do) these 3 are a family and I need to know how their story ends.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Really good, more would be nice

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

GREAT!!!!!!! MORE

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

For me, this your best work ever.

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

What a sad, sad story. Written so well you felt the pain and anguish of mother down her luck and suffering bad choices.

I've been thru the turmoil of a cheating wife and the loss of a family became of it. I've also been very fortunate to have met a woman that gave me another loving family and a second chance. So as long as you hang in there things change and get better. Just like for this woman, things change and will get better. Excellent story and once more tears even after a second reading..................

Helen1899Helen18997 months ago

It was sad, very sad, didn't even have an happy ending, we have no idea what happened to them both. The saddest thing is there are many like that out there in real life.

EHP4269EHP42697 months ago

This is so poignant. Unfortunately there are so many people out there in that situation without any chance of survival. A really great well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It’s so nice to read an “up” story in loving wives. What a wonderful tale of unconditional love. Thank you for the work you did.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow, what wonderful writing. Thank you.

BalddudesrockBalddudesrock6 months ago

Wow. 5 stars. I wish there were more stars to give.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Poignant and heart breaking with hope at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very poignant, very emotional, very well written. All for the love of a dear little girl, as the song goes. 50 stars.

Cracker270Cracker2705 months ago

Story makes me cry happy tears every time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I fell in love with this tale, can't imagine anyone not. Besides the great story inspired by a great song and a small child to boot, I am surviving with cancer. Thank you Randi, 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...