All Comments on 'Turnabout Pt. 02'

by IntuitiveJ

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Ah, the old I was blackmailed story...damn, try to be a little original, please. Come on she wanted it, she even bought sexy lingerie and worked out religiously. She wanted to look good for her lover. The only thing you can say about the husband is that he is pathetic weak wimp and poor excuse for a man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Agree with previous commenter. Why would she buy lingerie? It wasn’t made clear if Jim ever got to see it.

I don’t k ow why he wouldn’t have just said we will stay together for the sake of the kids but your affair ends now.

XluckyleeXluckylee2 months ago

I love this story. It was my second read and I still think it deserves 5 stars from Xluckylee

AstordatairAstordatair3 months ago

Jim was mean and cruel. But at least, they finally awoke and decided to start acting like two adults at the end. Great writing. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The long revenge was interesting, but in some ways it did not hold up. It's not that Carrie BOUGHT new lingerie and clothes, it's that she SECRETLY bought new lingerie and new clothes, and some of them, only a day or two after she went shopping with hubby. All that time, and he still was not sure of what to do or say.

Idiot-husband plan to be found naked in bed with a younger woman really needed help. For instance, the nudity was AWFUL, and forgetting the "no-sex" plan was almost criminal. Just having the new girl walking out of the master bedroom with him right as Carrie got there would have been fine, or having them "try" to sneak out and get caught as Carrie got there would also work.

This was a pretty good idea, and I enjoyed reading it. It was engrossing enough that I thought about it a lot and had to write, so that tells me that you engaged my mind.

Oddly, I am okay they got back together, but they both need help, on themselves and with each other. Maybe they are suited for each other!

May they get where they need to go and be good for each other from here on out!

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I hate criticising writers who put in hard work to get a story published but.....This whole story felt like a dragged out soap opera when in reality the husband would have confronted her the minute he found out. There were countless inconsistences whete the husband prevaricated because you were intent on dragging it out that it became funny.

Many of the readers of LW stories have suffered at the hands of evil wives and the system so imagine how a story like yours makes them feel. They might have faced a situation where they were helpless to fight back. Except some truly nasty comments.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Carrie, I'm so sorry for my part in the pain we have felt in this marriage. I'm sorry that I didn't communicate with you. My pride and ego have contributed to the damage, and for that, I am sorry!

Seriously? That’s a woke femidom agitprop ….

She gambled..she lost the money..she whored herself out to her boss!,,,

How is it the guys mistake? How is his ego and pride in question here?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well this was not the typical blackmail story. Blackmail sex is rape. But doing it to cover up an extramarital fling or affair, makes zero sense. When a loved one is however threatened with physical violence, it makes sense to at least buy time. Or if threat is for severe legal or financial ruin, which was the case here. Not only would she go to jail, but her career and future employment would be destroyed especially since for fraud. They spent two months negotiating the terms and she got Bruce to agree to four times. She limited what she wohld perform. And she had zero enjoyment. She also made him let her take pictures for counter leverage. That way he could not escalate or come back later. Was it a wise decision? Probably not. But at least there was some reason that is not unrealistic or simply tawdry that explained her actions. Also if she sought help after say first tryst, then she gets burned anyways. Not moral but it doesn't make her evil or a demented slut. He held onto his anger for 3 years before getting revenge and lowering the boom. Their communication sucks. Good story. 5 stars. One of the author's best.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Part one was very good, part two sucked, The old "I was blackmailed story" and "the sex was terrible" and "we only did it four times" made the whole tale ridiculous and absurd. But, the way the husband described his love for his wife in part one was fabulous...the emotions were real and told to perfection. Part two went down hill fast. The 5 sank to a 3 quickly.

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

Disliked it before, like it less now.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This chapter was better than the first. While his motivations for not confronting are highly debatable, and her blackmail was tawdry, somehow this works. And no he is not a cuck. That term gets tossed around too easily. She was facing legal ruin and possible jail time. Surprised it stopped at four times, but she had counter leverage with the photos. It is believable about why she acted different and that the sex was crappy. Buy still can't get why he said nothing for 2+ years. Buy once the reader gets past that it was more entertaining. In effect his turnabout backfired on him. Interrsting.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This one was easy to predict. The MC had cuck written all over him.

Pappy7Pappy711 months ago

Hope he likes sloshing in the seconds because he bought her lame ass shit so she now has carte blanche for every dick at work and the neighborhood. His revenge was pitiful and his decision to wait was not well thought out. All the spying and plotting and waiting just allows the injustice to continue with no consequences. Catch 'em, burn 'em. His kids were old enough to handle a divorce, he just used them as an excuse to do nothing. She's what he has and what he deserves. Doesn't make him the winner.

secretsalsecretsal12 months ago

'Blackmail' is never a satisfactory twist, brings the story down after all the buildup.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Agree that her sin was pride and thinking she could work.her way out of her compounding woes without telling her husband. His sin was being a moron. Not confronting her right away was a serious moronic move..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well goes to show the MC is a moron. His waiting 2 years and then deciding to play his revenge game when he kids are out of the house. What a mess. Somehow I believe Carrie's story. Mostly based on she reacted to him fucking Shelly in bed. Why she didn't confess the gambling debt or pull out a $10,000 second mortgage (which is puny btw, did the story rake place in the 1960s?) forging hai signature. Just fess up. There will be an argument but it won't damage the marriage. That was dumb. Worse she steals money from the company via a double filing of her commissions. Ok now she gets caught by an unscrupulous asshole. They spend two months negotiating the terms of 4 fucks that are taped so she can counter leverages on Bruce if he welches or reneged or tries to renegotiate. But why even bother. Yes she could lose her job. But she double billing happened before and she returned the money. Her penalty would be returning the money + interest, a fine, a slap on the wrist (first offense, minor amount, vague circumstances), maybe probation, no jail time, and yeah getting fired. The last is the worst repercussion. But it would be smarter to record the asshole during the negotiation part, and go to the DA on a blackmail charge in return for pleading down on a lesser charge on the fraud and then suing the company for sexual harassment, which they might drop in lieu of her quitting but getting a written letter of reference. All she needed to do was stop trying to solve her fuckups on her own. Pride was her problem and she got over her head. The rest of her story resonates. And while she was stupid, he did far more damage to their marriage by not confronting her at the time or soon after Vanessa healed. What a mess. He lived with her thinking only of a divorce goal when Marcus went to college. And them played his revenge game over a year putting her through hell. Not debating who was worse from a moral standpoint, and forget the accidental lsut fucking of Shelley, that is almost a footnote, but while her stupidity lit the match that started his fire and rage, he did a lot of damage by being in a marriage under false pretenses, bearing a major grudge and his crazy revenge scheme. Uggh. Personally think the blackmail threat was weak, which is why I guess she negotiated down to four (crappy) fucks. Ironic he took no photos of them both, and didn't stay longer and then took his time, not hiring a PI or anything sensible, then Vanessa got hurt and he delayed everything. Carrie felt like shit that he held a grudge for 3 years and faked their marriage during that time. She fucked up and her pride got her into a corner and nearly destroyed their marriage through lack of communication (for pity's sake tell your husband about the blackmail at least after the first time). Look how his anonymous card detailed everything. She was terrified he woukd find out. She hated Bruce. Her story is too fantastical to be her defense when confronted years later. But wow he had serious mental issues. Arguably worse than hers and ultimately more damaging before they reconciled. Strange story. Mostly because the MC proved what a true moron he was by nit confronting. I wager that Bruce would have quickly backed off if the MC got involved and threatened him with the loss of his job or did what he did anyways. Wouldn't take much to prove the weak blackmail because she negotiated for 2 months with Bruce to set up the payment schedule and number. Also using someone with physical threat woukd have worked her to against Bruce. My one criticism (other than the MC's idiocy) is that the blackmail for legal and financial ruin should have been more severe. Even then she had two months to stall. Cab get help and plot so.many things in that time. The DA would rather fry a blackmailer and a boss in a company that some working mother and wife who is being sexually blackmailed for being a petry thief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Though the first part was good but the second part doesn't worth reading.

It's ridiculous to end the story in this way.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

A little misleading on the part of the author, but an enjoyable story nonetheless. Happy ending is a bonus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What was the significance of the whole DWCO contract? Carrie is excited the day after the signing, but upset when asked about the celebration the night before? If that was the first night she had sex with her boss, it took a really long time to get 4 ducks in according to the timeline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3 Stars as the story had promise but then ended . I think they are both dumb . Why didn't the wife tell the husband . Why didn't she get money from the Husband ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a shitty planner. Two plans that were born in his head and both suck...

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Just DIVORCE her...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two morons and an author without a story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 Stars . I caught My wife twice before getting a Divorce . I will recommend that No one gets married in California as the courts will eat you alive

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Their both cucks. I lost my respect for Carrie in chapter 1 and my opinion hasnt changed. Jim shouldve divorced her, she cheated so their marriage is void and because of that, him sleeping with Shelly isnt cheating. I had no sympathy for Carrie, she cheated shes scum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This spun out of control. He's behavior, and I understand the why, was unbelievably childish at the end.

Yeah, his wife's gambling was mega stupid. Had she gone to her HUSBAND for help, instead of committing a felony, they would have been OK.

His 3 year vengence plan was sick.

I lost all respect for him and, major surprise, felt genuine sympathy for her.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

He's a CUCK!!! Slut wife wins again!!!!

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Sorry, this was a really really bad ending. She lied to him REPEATEDLY, she gambled, she committed a crime, and her "blackmailed" excuse was complete and utter BS, just tape those 2 months "negotiating" with her boss and she has leverage against him far worse than he against her.

All in all the husband got played and stuck with shitty wife for the rest of his life, instead of a better one he could have married.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Completely unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No way would I have reconciled with her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I simply don't understand the logic to get even in such a way that actually backfired. Except either get past or divorcing, all other ways are illogical.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

epic fail on ending.....I am ok with recons...but...come on.....REWRITE THE ENDING

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

LOL so instead of just fucking around it was worse than that and so he decided to fogive and forget. Right. He owed her nothing she went behind the poor cuckolds back in more ways than just stealing.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Ending is not supported by story. Epic fail.

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

I have to wonder. Can you Americans even write about strong men? given the amount of weak/wimp/cuck characters I highly doubt that. Maybe there just aren't enough examples around you?

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

3* No redemption. Straight to happy ending.

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Well done, loved it! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amusing that all the "Alphas" choose to communicate anonymously. I gave this 3*, I liked most of it except for his cheating because it "just happened" which is horse malarkey. The whole blackmail plot is idiocy, how upset does she think her husband is going to be about the money? Was he abusive? It is ridiculous that she covered up her gambling by then having sex with her boss. There's no logical reason why she shouldn't just tell her husband about the gambling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

sorry, still a cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not quite a 5, but a solid 4 1/2 stars. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I might have negotiated 3 more sessions with Shelly

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I don't think this story was too wordy; I think it moved along nicely. Then again, I like a full fleshed-out story, just not to Charles Dickens levels. I am unconvinced by the ending, simply because the device of her being blackmailed works in theory but not reality. In reality, she had lots of moments to rein herself in and stop the disaster, but she went ahead as if it was a snap decision she had to make one Tuesday night only.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

you got to be kidding. He sees his wife screwing another guy and waits two years to do something?

hicountryriderhicountryrideralmost 3 years ago

Way too wordy, convolute, And by the way you generated the story this is one of the very few times I actually have a little sympathy for the chilling wife.

Yes she should have gone to her husband straight away instead of whoring herself out.

To her boss is guilty of extortion an extortion which she could have used to cancel out her crime in his eyes and thereby the whole thing would have gone by the board.

Last 2 years of planned retribution is just plain sick.

He should have just walked in on them while they were doing this and had the whole thing out right there right then.

The extortion plot would have been revealed and the whole thing resolved right there on the moment.

This is just another tale of a man who gets hurt and has no guts to immediately deal with the situation Has any normal man would.

No needs for violence just simply straightforward confrontation To resolution.

Remember the man was married and caught in the process of cause tend to be divorced. Don't you think you've forgotten about this Extortion plot?

You like many other writers try to get cute and make the story unbelievably complex and relatively unbelievable. It's just simply not necessary.

SlamnukeSlamnukealmost 3 years ago

Lazy story writing, carbon copy of the other stories. You’ve written the same storyline 4 times now with almost exact reactions from everywhere. Oh the poor wife was blackmailed! Fuck that slut, she could have immediately told her husband but nope. Whatever your original career is, you should stick to that and let actual talented writers make stories. 1 star

MapleMilkMapleMilkalmost 3 years ago

This comment applies to the story as a whole. It could have been a 5-star story--but there are too many non-sentences where the reader has to guess the meaning, too many name screw ups, too many abrupt changes of mind for no apparent reason, too much chatty wishy-washiness, etc. I like your story lines, but all of the above make the stories annoying to read. An editor could probably help you clean up the problems. Thanks for writing.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

Yeah right. His pride and ego. Always blame the victim when the perp have to be forgiven.

To Mightyheart, there can be more than 2 different outcome to a marital conflict. The BTB(burn the bitch/bastard) and RAAC(reconciliation at all cost) are just the extremes. Reconciliation and forgiveness are supposed to be earned to be justified. If it's not, divorce should be pursued or the marriage should not survive if they stay married.

In some story, the reconciliation were gained by simply recounting the couple's love for each other and made light of the offense. This in my opinion is just bullshit romantic trope RAAC.

In most story though, the victimized spouse always have to be put down so that the first offender can be forgiven. Usually through bullshit marriage counselling. Still RAAC.

Very few reconciliation story shows how repentant the offending spouse is so they can be forgiven.

In this story the husband's cheating after their marriage was broken by the wife is compared to her 4 time cheating, embezzlement/extortion, mortgage document forging to pay her gambling lost, and her self-serving whoring to cover up her crime.

In the end, the husband is the one apologizing first for not communicating. She's the one who is supposed to apologize first for not communicating many times for more than 3 years. She only apologized after she asked about him fucking his coworker again. What a selfish woman.

At least add something that she did to earn forgiveness, such as sacrificing her job by confessing her embezzling to expose the blackmail by boss. And then resolve the issue of the stolen money. Maybe figure out if she have gambling problem and solve it. Develop a new character trait that corresponds with her improving self such as no more money-grubbing attitude.

There are plenty of things to do by the wife to justify them reconciling so please figure it out and show it. In this story, only the husband's thought and action are shown. They have children, and their moral will have effect on them.

If the author have to put down the victim or bring them down to the perpetrator level so the author can make them reconcile in the end, I have no respect for their story and its characters. If the author spent that many pages going through their offending action, please put at least that much on their act of contrition (by the offender, in this story, the wife). This story have an okay build-up but concluded weakly.

Most of us LW readers who hates RAAC are not just simple BTB lovers. We can accept reconciliation if they are justified. And in this story it is not.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Decent RAAC

By the end, I wanted a RAAC and not a BTB

4*

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

No, your protagonist is not a wimp, he is a cuckold and an idiot! Children feel faster than adults when something is wrong between their parents. So what should the nonsense wait with the 18 months. And that you didn't give your protagonist a character, as usual in your stories, shows that he continues to have sex with this slut. Even fear of STD or HIV does not seem to deter him. And your way of letting the victim become the perpetrator in your stories is no longer alien to us. Your protagonists are sloppy tails! But as I said, we know your cuckold love by now!

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

The blackmail part comes off a little flimsy, but well-written otherwise. They could have split up or stayed together at the end, didn't matter that much. Getting there was an interesting ride, though.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 3 years ago

Wow a BTB and an RAC in the same story this is a great story and I appreciate it. Everybody got together in the end and it was a great way to end story. I also gave this a 5.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

eight grand, which could be seen as a mistake isnt going to net jail time for a first offence, especially when couple with a blackmail rape scheme, odds are with a couple of recording she would have been paid to go away and could have gotten a job elsewhere assuming she even got fired

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I read many of the previous reviews & agree with some, but this the first story in a while that has a proper ending.

So many authors just stop after the discovery part.

I think the books were balanced & the time they had together waiting until the kids were in college gave them time enough for forgiveness.

His session with Shelly evened things out & let him forgive.

I liked this story & gave it 5 stars.

Bill

Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

Good grief. Talk about a wimp husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I dont know, but I think the main character can be made a little more weak and pathetic. He has not quite reached rock bottom, but apologizing to his wife for her having an affair was a great stride in that effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The old blaming spreading trope

"My pride and ego have contributed to the damage, and for that, I am sorry."

She was 100% responsible for everything. Once she spread her legs - she created the situation and let herself be blackmailed - he had no obligation to be faithful to her. She deserved it all.

I don't object to a reconciliation, but the childish, feminized moral reasoning is an automatic 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
About 5 pages too long

Maybe 5 1/2 pages too long?

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Ending was not what I was expecting. The old blackmail dodge. She should have told him, it would have saved a lot of grief.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

A story, badly told with unsympathetic characters who are in essence fuckwits!!

What else can one say??

NEXT!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
He needed to fuck someone else 3 more times.

Other than that, good story.

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago
Why

Why didn't he just knock on the door when he was at Bruce's house? That would have been the only choice in my mind. Drag his wife out naked by her hair if he must, but interrupting them was a must.

I know a lot of you think an ass whooping is appropriate, but think about this. An ass whooping is temporary and will land you in jail, not them. Getting them fired, destroying their reputation, their marriage, and maybe putting them in prison carry unforseen consequences in the long term, and hurt a lot more. You are basically ruining them for life.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Long way to go nowhere

Huh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Poor story

Just cliches strung together

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 4 years ago
Story was OK, "Love" the Comments

This story is a good illustration of the consequences of: 1) Not communicating, and 2) Jumping to conclusions. A marriage is a partnership, and partnerships require communication to allow the two parties to understand and agree on goals, policies and strategies, and to stay in harmony with one another. Stop talking and it *will* go off the rails.

I get that this genre is a safe place for men-who-hate-women to vent their rage and spew vitriol, both in stories and comments. Mostly comments, many anonymous. What is clear to me is that these women-haters see women only as things to possess and use, and not as independent human beings. I believe that a lot of what is wrong with our culture can be understood simply by reading the comments on these LW stories:

- If a woman you've married ("own") betrays you, you are entitled to destroy her in any manner you desire, up to and including mutilation and murder.

- Women are understood to be unable to learn from their mistakes, ("Once a cheater, always a cheater"). No woman is ever entitled to forgiveness, only unending suffering and pain.

- A man's love for a woman is based entirely on how she looks, fucks and stays in line, and can evaporate in a moment if she appears to EVER have been unfaithful to him.

It seems to be a really strange kind of "love", having more in common with owning a really nice car. If the paint gets scratched, ya don't love it any more. In this world, women (wives) are merely convenient, or, perhaps necessary possessions, never partners.

I'm amazed at how ignorant these men are about the emotional states of the women they claim to love. If they were really in tune with their mates, a lot of this cheating would never happen. But, of course, how can they be emotionally in sync with a possession they don't respect, and don't really believe (or care) is a full human being?

Boy, these guys REALLY seem hate women. I really do suspect, however, that the REAL target of their hatred -- is themselves.

Rutty

xiluaxiluaabout 4 years ago
No

Not really. I hate it when authors make their male characters be so fucking dense that they border on mentally retarded. In real life men that stay for the kids are just pathetic wimps that don't have the balls, self worth, and dignity to be a man and do what needs to be done. When you divorce , you are divorcing the spouse, not the children. There are some situational cases where that is the recomended action but, not here. Think about this before you create another pathetic male character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Should not have happened

I would have Divorced Carrie .. When I caught her Cheating ... She should have told him the truth from the start ..

sanman52sanman52about 4 years ago

MC never brought up the Victoria Secret's purchases on her credit card. Purchases which he never had an occasion to see on his wife. Who were these for?

Wife needs to find some reason to repay the money she stole from her company. Bruce may be gone, but an audit or another anal-retentive boss of hers could still find her double-billed commission. By the way, I took her theft at a full 8K. Another commenter seemed to think it was only 4K.

One final thought, 'trust but verify'. Wife has had 2-3 years to refine her story if she needed to explain to her husband what she has done. Is she telling the truth, lying or partly lying and partly telling the truth? After all, what does she do for a living - she's in sales. MC needs to check her story out as much as he can before reconciling.

gardalmungardalmunover 4 years ago
I don't believe her.

Load of crap. If she was so sorry why hadn't she been trying to

make it up to him? It went on too long for it to have been only 4 times.

She had keys to her bosses car for fuck sake!

SevMax2SevMax2almost 5 years ago
While I'm not partial to monogamy, I have to say

....this is one of the few RAAC stories that actually makes sense. Some say that revenge affairs are not the answer and that trite cop-out is brought out that "two wrongs don't make a right," as if justice could ever be a wrong. I think differently. I think that Carrie need to be forced to put herself in his shoes. Forced empathy. I don't frankly grasp why people get so hurt by sharing and cheating, but since it hurt him so much and clearly hurt her, the imposed pain worked. The scales balanced, karmically speaking. If that's what it took to get it out of his system so that he could reconcile with her, good. He could exorcise his demons that way. Sometimes, you gotta snap and vent before you can heal.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Seems a reasonable conclusion.

Balancing the scales in a marriage is impossible. Especially as messy as this marriage went. I could see the husbands frustration. He wanted to kill her and he wanted to love her. So he compromised and decided to kill her with love the rest of her life. Ok, that's bullshit, but it's what happened in the end. Second chance? What the hell...why not?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
That old saying comes to mind.

Two wrongs don't make a right but truthfully who's to say it does or doesn't. Jim and Carrie both cheated and even tho Jim did it out of revenge he learned how it felt to be in Carrie's position and vice versa.

Granted both Jim and Carrie got past this and came out stronger because of it,I just wish we had found out more about Carrie's boss Bruce,whether he ended up broke and homeless or what since he was the piece of shit that blackmailed Carrie into sleeping with him.I think instead of Bruce's Wife divorcing his ass,she should have pulled a Lorena Bobbitt on him and whacked his pecker off with a butcher knife while he slept and flushed it down the toilet for good measure.

Sorry prick deserved nothing less.As for the story I am like an optimist and that love can overcome anything if you work hard enough to fix it.Great story and great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I’m more of a btb guy but in a rare occasion the make up and stay together is the right thing, like in this story. I’d have added a more in depth look into her side of her story and definitely found the guy and his wife or ex at that point to get info from her . The guy even two years later would’ve definitely been found and had his balls kicked in at least once especially if the blackmail story is true. The problem with catching a cheater is you will never truly trust them again. There will always be a little doubt. Your whole lives together will be second guessed. I’d also would have liked to have her tell of the fallout when the got caught at work and everyone there knew they were married cheaters. I’d think at that point he’d fight for his job and calling her out on the money

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
I asked only one thing from this author: ...

To not turn his MC back into a lovesick, romantic dumbass.

Well... fuck what I want, right? It's not my story.

However, the juvenile way Jim handled EVERYTHING about the dissolution of his marriage (he actually did absolutely nothing for one and a half years, but wait til his kids where out of the house, with no exit strategies planed at all... And, even worst, the first thing he came up with, when it was time to move on, was playing mind-games with her!? The hell, man?...) and the unrepentant RAAC ending that followed it pretty much guarantees that I will never bother re-reading this sadass tale ever again.

To believe anything that Carrie said about her affair is already a stretch; but, if you're OK with taking her words for it, boy does this woman lacks sense! Hey, how about admitting to your husband that you were blackmail into cheating if you're genuinely sorry about your actions, you silly cow? Of course not - it would be like saying that you've actually did something wrong.

In a nutshell: the MC is an idiot... who happens to be married to another idiot. So, honestly, those two idiotic characters do deserve each other. In the meantime, we all deserved a better story. Overall, not your best effort, author. Thanks anyway.

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
No Major Complaints

But the turnabout was not very convincing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@penneydog55

A happy ending is all that counts? Right and wrong don't matter as long as there's a "happy ending?"

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 5 years ago
Ambivalent

The characters, as written, made decisions that were consistent. They aren't likable people but the author made them that way to fit his plot. All-in-all it's well done and I can appreciate the writing skill if not the storyline itself. Hence, the title of my comment.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@moralcompass Re: Gambling

Yes, some how I missed that! She was UP $5,000, was close to $10,000 (we don't know how close, let's say $9,000). She starts losing, loses the $9,000, and KEEPS playing until she's lost ANOTHER $5,000?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Magnificent

Really I thought this was magnificent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Preposterous

Find a plot that makes sense, i.e., a scenario in which real people might find themselves, and then build on it. This story was a farce from the beginning, and it devolved from there in Part 2. That's a shame, because the writer has some skills that can be enhanced with additional writing experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pretty Well Written.....but

I’ve commented before that I can’t get into stories where none of the main characters are at all likable and that’s what we had here.....a husband and wife that have few, if any, redeeming qualities.

moralcompassmoralcompassalmost 5 years ago
Turn-It-Up

I enjoyed your story but the ending is a complete nonsense. I can understand a man living with a woman for the sake of his children after finding out about her adulterous behaviour. I did something very similar to this and for a lot longer than 2 years. What I find impossible to believe is he can regain love for her knowing she is not only an adulterous but also a compulsive gambler, a forger, a thief, an embezzler, prostitute and obviously a narcissistic.

1. Adulterous – She willingly had sex with a man who was not her husband.

2. Compulsive Gambler – People who are compulsive gambler always believe their next bet is going to be a winner. She obviously fell prey to this because she continued to gamble even after losing her original winnings. It was money she didn’t have to lose, the epitome of a compulsive gambler.

3. Forger – Forger her husbands’ signature without his knowledge, putting him $10,000 in debt.

4. Thief – Firstly, she robbed her husband then she stole from her employer.

5. Embezzler – Falsified a report for her own financial gain.

6. Prostitute – Sold herself to a man to cover her previous mistakes the same way a drug addict sells herself for the next fix.

7. Narcissistic – Throughout the story the wife showed no regard for anyone other than herself. Her actions were purely self-centred. She gave no thought to how her actions would affect her husband, her children, her extended family, her boss’s wife and children or her employer. Her only motivation was to not get caught, regardless of the affected it had on others.

The nonsense part is when the author said they held no grudge and mended their relationship quickly. The man must either be a saint or a total laughing stock. With what she put him through over several years (he might have only known for two but it all occurred before he found out) how could he continue to live with, to trust and to love Carrie? Let me assure once you have lost love the way it was described he’d lost his love for Carrie there is no getting it back. When he did find out the truth, she wasn’t less guilty she was even more culpable. This was not an accident it was complete and deliberate deception on Carrie’s behalf.

By not trusting her husband enough to tell him when she first lost the money or before she forged his signature or before she embezzled her employer was bad enough but not to confide in him once she was being blackmailed was abhorrent. That was the final straw displayed her lack of love, respect and appreciation for her husband.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 5 years ago
Disappointing.

She stole money and was blackmailed. I guess in for a penny, in for a pound. Hubby discovers it, rather conveniently, and rather than confront or address it, he does his best to hurt her. Then he “accidentally” fucks another woman.

Basically, neither one of them is angelic and maybe that’s the point the author was making: that we all fuck up, the choice we make is whether to stand by your partner for better or worse or do you abandon ship, so to speak.

If this was the case, then well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
fascinating

He finds out his wife stole from her employer, has no problem with it and even gets over the cheating because he banged some co worker with about as many morals as his wife. What a pair of assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
And the moral of the story is, . . .

never hesitate to confront a problem as soon as you are aware of it. Which in this case would mean they would have gotten divorced within months of her fucking her boss.

So, she's not only stupid, but also a liar, a cheat, a thief, and finally, a slut. And he should have stayed married to that because she was being blackmailed?

So, knowing she's a self admitted dishonest person, he believes the blackmail story why? Shouldn't be too hard for her to show the paper trail where she lost all that money then paid it back. And why wouldn't her embezzlement come out when her boss got fired? His wife must have heard that he was fucking Carrie. Carrie was distraught when her boss got fired, but she should have been happy. And if she thought she was going to get caught then, why didn't she preempt her husband's discovery with her predicament then?

It keeps coming back to Carrie lying and concealing and keeping her fingers crossed that her fucking around would never be revealed. Why difference does it make why she was fucking her boss, lust, love, or coercion? She still betrayed her husband and her children to do what she thought was in her own best interest, regardless of the lack of ethics, morality, or fidelity to her marriage vows.

A thought provoking story, and that's worth something. The way you ended it is an option, but not a very realistic one.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Uber hasn’t

Been around long enough for them to have used it ‘then,’ and be grandparents now. So much wrong with this that that is the least of your concerns.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not Great ...

Not bad either. The ending seemed to be rushed. The author did a great job of building the story to the climax and then it was 'they decided to work it out and they happily ever after.'

It would have been nice to read how they worked it out. Five stars for story development, minus one for mailing in the ending = a solid four star rating.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 5 years ago
Wowee

Regardless of what people say it had a happy ending and that's what counts. ..5 stars★★★★★

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 5 years ago
As they say

To err is human, to forgive is divine. Messy situation and neither of them handled it well, he didn't confront her and let it stew for years,she didn't trust him enough to confess whst happened with the gambling, and it blew up. Not so sure it would have been that easy, but in the end two wrongs sometimes make a (somewhat) right.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 5 years ago

What a piece of crap story..... He could never be with a woman who disrespected him....and then he can because she was disrespecting him to cover up from stealing from their savings....this was horribly inconsistent. Get someone to pre-read your work and see if they can avoid these kind of problems the next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bruce's life however

was not a happy one'

After being sacked from his job he eventually found work, at a greatly reduced pay scale.

He tried the old blackmail sex again but this time he picked the wrong woman to blackmail. This woman told her husband immediately as she loved her husband totally. Her husband was a senior member of the local organised crime group. He was enlisted after he discharged from the Navy where he spent 9 years as a Seal.

One night Bruce was kidnapped, by 3 very nasty very large men and taken to a dimly lit warehouse. Several days later a badly injured Bruce was dropped off, outside the Municipal Hospital, with several pieces of his anatomy missing. Not only were all his fingers and toes in a plastic bag around his neck but his penis was missing. Add to this the multiple broken bones it was obvious that he was involved in something bad and was unlikely to survive.

Well survive he did and when the Police finally had a chance to question him he was unable to say much, as his tongue had been removed as well.

Bruce is seen shuffling around town these days unable to talk or relieve his sexual frustration (his testicles had been left intact). He has tried to end his life many times but without fingers he can,t use a gun, or hold a knife or even tie a rope. One day he will succeed though as he is planning on throwing himself from a tall building,

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 5 years ago
That was a wild ride

I kind of loved it. I shouldn't have, but it was great.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I knew some readers would hate this...

...but I admire the truth in the story. Victims of cheating spouses do stay married to see their children off. I'm not sure I buy her reason for cheating, although I do think it was honest within the confines of the story. I just think it was a ridiculous decision. People do heal, but it is hard and takes both. And it takes communication. Good story, if painful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Mmm not sure 4*

Please remember less is more. You set the scene well with his discovery but the rest was too far fetched. Good attempt though.

I gave 5* for first part.

meganann10meganann10almost 5 years ago
Interesting

Very interesting twist at the end everyone makes mistakes this couple made many but was able to get past them. Good story with a surprise ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It felt real

I agree with Tiger 27 about the revenge going too far, but I thought the stories were palpably human — and you maintained real suspense about an ending that could have gone either way. Really good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bad story

Terrible ending

ManoBlueManoBluealmost 5 years ago
Waist Of Time

This was a terrible story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Actually, it's kinda good they stay together

They're both assholes, and if they had split up who knows what damage they would have done to others.

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 5 years ago
loved it

people make mistakes, , he managed to get over her mistake long before he fucked shelley, , he regretted that deep down I think, , a good story, well written , well thought out, thanks for sharing,, this was well worth a 5 plus

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
new excuse

a new excuse to put into the cheaters manual of excuses ... i was blackmailed

good one ... not

2 * for content and the 2 cheaters deserve each other ... may you cheat on each other again and again

the writing was great i enjoyed it til he cheated too ... then you lost me

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIntuitiveJ@IntuitiveJ
Glad many are enjoying my stories. I try to write them to be both entertaining and emotional with characters that are not perfect or complete monsters. I wish I had more time to write but will try to keep them coming. I love comments, it's the only form of payment so let me...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Turnabout Pt. 01 Previous Part
Turnabout Series Info