All Comments on 'Turning 40.'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

She is going to swear to never drink again... Of course that will be after the divorce, and losing all of her friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fucking terrible

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

The timeline doesn't make any sense. She stayed at the Bar talking with Joe and till the bar emptied then she came home to a surprise party at what 3 AM?

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Well, That Was Sad

Feeling down, flirts a little, but trying to get away from the guy, he follows her, and now her marriage is wrecked. Quite the downer!

Glad we have Covid to cheer us up!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Oops

Can’t tell who would be more surprised in this situation, but I don’t have to guess who will suffer more damage. Another stupid cheating wife, and another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Any bets.....

on whether lover boy Joe sticks around?

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

It was ok but spiked by just leaving it their

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good start to a story with potential, too bad you wasted it on one of these dumb 750 word challenges.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

It’s been a couple of years. I’ve been a fan ever since’The Empty Nest’. Good to see your new story posted. Poignant piece! Thanks much.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Dumb bitch, deserves everything coming her way

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

But, but, but...no one cares about me!! LMFAO!! Another midlife crisis wife bites the dust. Nice flash story!!

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Wonder if it was her first/last time cheating... oh well - cat's out of the bag now.

5/5

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"Joe bought me a third despite my discouragement." - He can BUY a 3rd, you don't have to drink it!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
That worked!

From her putting herself into a bad mood, to the trouble she created, to her discovery, it was a path of her own creation. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
awesome

This has been done before but not exactly like this. Short and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Short sweet and right to it

Thanks for keeping it real. Could almost see it coming but you times it perfectly.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

No explanation who Joe was. Friend? coworker? Or did the martian slut ray that hit her have her accept a stranger. Other than that a good story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story! Thanks for the read.

Classic case of the poor insecure bored wife and mother who was turning 40 and feeling she deserved more attention then what she was getting from her husband, family and friends.

So, apparently the only thing she could think to do to improve her self esteem and confidence is get drunk and fuck another man not her husband. It was all going so well. The strange dick was so hot to fuck her he took standing up against the wall just inside the front door of her humble abode. Then the lights went on and there was a loud shout of SUPERSIZE from the gathered guests. It was then the realization hit her that she truly was FUCKED.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Really?

Just didn't work for me, maybe if it was longer and more descriptive.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Nice twist but can't figure out if she was raped or not...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Short and sweet and hit the nail on the head! Great story

Short, sweet and hit the nail on the head! Great story

peater2019peater2019over 3 years ago

That was one hell of a twist! I loved it!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
SURPRISE!

Oops! Guess she was surprised.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 3 years ago

Just one word, OOPS!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
What?

Maybe it's me but the story of this story just isn't there.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

A good laugh. Thanks.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Absolute Rubbish

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

What a quick and absolutely great one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hard to Believe

There is no way a champagne bottle will break that easily. You have to really smash it against a solid object to get it to shatter like her marriage.

BigVic77BigVic77over 3 years ago

Great story, great ending, thanks!

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 3 years ago

Holy crap....that's going to be a mess.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

A little guided ending, but good the same...4*

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 3 years agoAuthor
G’day,

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story. It’s been a while since I posted which is why I joined the 750 word challenge. I have several other stories close to completion which I hope to get up this year. Probably not in loving wives, more likely novels/novellas as they are lengthy tales.

The 750 word story is a difficult beast to tame especially when it moves through several scenes like this one. Too many words get ‘wasted’ on description. My first draft was 1100 words. Obviously it means there are places where you have to read between the lines to get gist of what’s going on.

Great to see Harry from VA back. Re timeline Harry, most CBD bars I've been to empty out pretty quickly on Friday afternoon. Many close their doors for the weekend at 8 on Friday night. I did have a sentence spelling that out but it didn't survive the edit process.

Till next time cheers!

CharlieB4

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
SURPRISE

Welcome to your divorce......no calls from her, family or friends begging him to get over it. And the kids won't be so worried about mom's feeling when they ask to live with dad.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Ha. Didn’t see that ending coming! 5 stars from me.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Dang it. Did it again. Accidentally hit 2-stars, and cannot change it.

Meant to hit 5-stars & Favorite

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Ha!

Surprise indeed! Well done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Harry, it didn't say the bar closed, just that it emptied out. It likely caters to an after work crowd, who either go home, or out to dinner or to a club. She only had three drinks. It doesn't say how long they were talking, obviously not till 3:00 AM!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Self burning bitch

gotta love it

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Excellent

‘Nuff said

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

Great build up and such a sad ending to celebrate her birthday

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago

Great 750 word effort. You kept the "will she," "won't she" tension going well. She ran into a master seducer and paid the price. Because, at heart, she was a slut; harsh, but true.

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago

This is one of those stories that, while complete in itself, BEGS for a Chapter 2; or st least, an epilogue!

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xalmost 3 years ago
An Elbow and a Heel would have fixed this.

She broke every rule known to women who work in the Central Business District.

Also, keys into crotch.

Lastly, the ages don't add up: high school, at least some college, kids old enough to be "out for the night", just turning 40.

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 3 years agoAuthor

@Olfrog.

Where did it say the children were out for the night? Why can’t children under 18 be ‘busy or indisposed? Heard of sleep overs? School camps? And you need a bit of help with maths mate, no reason why a woman of 40 can’t have a 20 year old kid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow.

Now THAT’S how you tell a story in 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally a could be true story with the right ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hubby calls wondering where she was then she takes the lover to their home? She was going home where her hubby was.. Sorry, but that simple fact doesn't make your story believable and just doesn't jive even if its made up

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 2 years agoAuthor

@anon, there is only 750 words so perhaps you should try reading each one. I think the start of third paragraph “My husband was interstate,” pretty much covers your quibble.

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsover 2 years ago

Absolutely Love a story whereby the heroine gets caught with a Dick in her snatch!!! SURPRISE!!! Good one Charlie!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love a story with a happy ending.

dawg997dawg997about 2 years ago

Very entertaining story! Good use of the 750 words.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Dramatic; good use of a mere 750 words (always tricky to do). Thank you.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Man!

What a great flash story!

Respect CharlieB4 of work well done.

Top ratings from me.

AethurAethurabout 1 year ago

Always enjoyed this little gem. Also always wished there was a second chapter to it, if only to experience the chaos her entrance caused. Or the aftermath on how her life turned as bad as she felt it was when she cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's no small task to create a compelling read in a mere 750 words. Most of them end up seriously lacking... this one is terrific.... all the emotions are felt in compact passages.. we know enough to assume the rest and can really FEEL it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. My 1st thought was “DAMN, THAT is FUCKED UP”!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good but where did Joe come from? No context

CharlieB4CharlieB411 months agoAuthor

@anon.

Mate, he was a punter in the pub. I had 750 words. It’s a bit hard to build a character profile.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Well witten. 4 stars because the only LW cheating stories get 5 stars from me are those with actual revenge, but that's not a criticism on you - this is a 750 and well-written. If you wrote a sequel that measured up, I'd happily up to 5.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Now she'll be 40 and single.

She'll grow old alone.

Then die.

Her husband will probably be scooped up by one of her single and desperately looking friends. Or maybe an eligible secretary or two?

It's amazing what a good man can get after dumping a bad wife.

opheliusophelius6 months ago

A suitcase nuke of an ending!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hehe. One moment of lustful insanity will cost her everything. Not worth it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...