All Comments on 'Twenty Effen Years'

by GrassIsGreener

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

What happened to the "alienation of affection lawsuit"? And YES, when they fired Andrea, any attorney with a houseplant I.Q. who'd even cheated his/her way through the state bar exam could have murdered Matt and his Company in a lawsuit. It would have never seen the inside of a courtroom. Court cases about CEO's f*****g their subordinate employees is the stuff that attorney's read and jerk-off to instead of pr0n.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Totally unreal story of a beta man 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do authors always play the don't tell anyone the TRUTH game? This does not make them morally superior, it's just plain stupidity.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Good story, but I hate it when husbands keep the details of their wife's infidelity to themselves when they get divorced. Do any men actually do this? Because in his position, I'd tell everyone the blunt truth about what a deceitful whore Andrea had been for the previous twenty years.

Women hate being judged and obliterating her reputation among all her friends and family would be revenge she'd never truly recover from. Besides, why would you risk allowing yourself to be painted as the bad guy for instigating the divorce?

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Y do all the women authors in this site love to write in that the men never tell their family that the wife cheated. Its always let her tell u what happen knowing dam well that she is t going to say the truth.. and yes i honestly think that women are writers of this site. All u so call men should of been born women. Beta male bitches

OdiouserOdiouserover 2 years ago

Well executed, nearly flawless, but the storyline sucked a big one. My Lord, once or twice a year she fucked her boss. That is not an affair, and certainly not a Love affair. It is a boss with occasional benefits. Modern man would not even blink, let alone wage warfare.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Who the hell is Natalie????

Also, I knocked it down to 2* because I'm sick and tired of the boring, cliche "I'm going to be a high-road martyr and wear the bad guy hat by refusing to tell anyone the reason for the divorce."

Be creative, that trope is overused and sleep-inducing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice to be in a cuck free zone. .

.

The wrap up was rushed…but he survived. Taking in Andrea was….weird.

.

3***

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Always enjoy your stories. Tom was absolutely correct in divorcing her. I'm sure a few will say he's been married that long and he should just suck it up. To which I say hell no. Andrea cheated and disrespected Tom for 20 YEARS. She hid her little secret all the way knowing she was putting one over on Tom. Yes, the divorce destroyed Andrea but she has no one to blame but her self. Thanks for a story with a husband that kept his self-respect and dignity after discovering his loving wife wasn't a loving wife.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Her betrayal was long and vicious. She stopped kissing her husband because she felt she was betraying her true love, Matt. She robbed her husband of years of happiness. She should have divorced him so he could have found a better woman and had a happy life. She was deeply selfish. His kids never really understood the deep of her actions

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An excellent report

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

whew.

I thought it just another despicable cuck story.

Glad it wasn't. Nice job GrassIsGreener. Though I find the husband a blind, dumb sucker of Andrea's lies for 20 years. Man, that Andrea was really good at hiding and acting. I am just glad this is fiction and that majority of cheating wives gets caught earlier than 20 years.

Glad it isn't a cuck story.

Hate cuck stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have preferred Matt's heart attack to put him in the hospital for a month with every day filled with pain and the knowledge that he was dying. It would also be nice if he couldn't talk and both his wife and Tom would be allowed to come in and lay more guilt on him. He deserved to suffer more, much more.

timrivtimrivover 2 years ago

Sorry, one star, just same old same old. Husband ends up with new younger hot wife and old wife ends up a wreck and alone. Never happened that way except in a guys fantasy.

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

The affair sex frequency was pretty lame, perhaps hubby should be more pissed about his sad sad sex life with her

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very satisfying 5. Everyone got more or less what they deserved in the end. GrassIsGreener may have stumbled out of the box with the RAAC in "20 Year Anniversary" but he's been throwing strikes ever since.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

For the life l do understand this author thing of the husband being nice too the cheating wife.

Why the hell not tell the kids families and friends?

Why put yourself in the position to be cast as the bad guy?

Reality of course is much, much different. Kids, families and friends are told everything and the fallout proceeds from there.

Please stop this silly Lit trope of the families not being told of the cheaters actions, it is just so silly.

It cost you a point with me, scores 4/5

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

20 years of discontent, mans loves pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I gave it a three. I wanted to rate it higher, but it just seemed kind of disjointed in places.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I found it mostly to be a very good story. And you did more in 2 pages than most writers do in 5 or more.

He actually reacted far closer to reality than what so many writers are throwing at us in LW's these days.

Though I tend to tire of the "Im an angel and wont be honest to everyone about what happened" thing that so many writes toss into the mix. Yes we get it, husbands HAVE to be the better person but so over used its a rather tedious manipulation of the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a pretty good story but there are so many things that don't make sense. If Andrea only slept with Matt a couple times a year, why did she refuse relations with her husband the majority of the time? She even stopped kissing him or engaging in other intimate acts. Did she feel any guilt? She should've had to give more of an explanation for her actions. All she said was, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me." That's no explanation at all.

It's also unbelievable to have Ellen not only automatically stay with her husband, but also keep working with Andrea! Even planning a birthday party (before she was fired)! Are you kidding me? Almost no cheated on woman would do any of that!!

Finally, why does the husband have to so often take the high road? I think he should have had the offered revenge sex with Ellen! Ongoing! And maybe kept Andrea as a semi sex-slave also! She deprived him of sexual love and affection for 20 years!

At the very least he shouldn't have been unwilling to defend himself by telling those close to him what she did. He doesn't have to be a martyr.

Anyway, I enjoyed some of the story but wish there was stronger ring of truth and believability in certain areas. And more revenge in others!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have liked to have seen Andrea's perspective more. Why did she do this? Did she love her husband or no? Did she love Matt or was it just sex? Had she ever tried to stop? I always like to know a character's motivation for doing things.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Solid tale but I struggled at times to buy into the characters. The transition from “ I found out” to divorce was too clinical for my tastes. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Matt's heart attack would have occurred 4 years earlier and Andrea would have had one too. They say you have a heart attack before you hit the ground when falling without a parachute. Wonder if it is true. Hmmmmm

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

Difficult to understand why cheaters (male or female) are devastated when they’re found out and their spouse divorces them. It’s like they have this attitude ‘what did I do that’s so wrong?’

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For such a short story there are far too many characters who have no importance what so ever.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story. No man should tolerate one year, or even one time, never mind 20 effen years. How could she even expect him to speak to her again , never mind forgive her. Matt lived 5 years too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So was she a dead fuck to Matt also? If the sex with Matt was so good why were they doing it only a few times a year. That's not an affair, that's like an annual physical exam, or a quarterly dentist appointment. If their affair was based on lust then no wonder she was a useless fuck, if a few times a year was all she wanted. So the 20 years was pretty faithless, but the new number of fucks is almost comical.

So while it is a poignant story the listless casual sexual encounters doesn't make any sense. The author insinuated that Andrea became more sexual when she stopped going into the office, the went dead again after she started fucking Matt again, but once every 3 or 4 months? Matt must have been one hell of a fuck if he could give her enough pleasure and thrill in one fuck to last her for Months. And why avoid explaining why he never asked Ellen how she found out. And why would he believe Andrea that they were fucking only every few months? Sounds unnatural and unbelievable.

Anyway, glad the cheated husband found a decent woman to finish out his life. Andrea should have been allowed to end her misery; everyone would have been better off with her gone. Maybe she'll get it right next try.

Thanks for the effort.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Damn

Twenty fucking years. Also twenty years of limited sex with her husband. She was the u;timate cheating cunt wife. She should have died with her asshole fucking lover. Mother fucker. This tale pisses me off. Not enough detail on the cunt.

Four Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just read this story as a follow-up to "Those Famous Five Words". Dude, you certainly weave some intricate tales. I really enjoy your storytelling. Thanks for your efforts.

Doc

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

Why does an intermittent affair mean lousy sex for so long? If it was a 1 for that amount of time, he should have gone elsewhere. ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do I feel as if I just read a script from the old Drag Net series. It seemed to cut and dried to me with no real emotion in the telling.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Response to comment from Legio_Patria_Nostra: There is no such thing as "alienation of affection lawsuits" these days. But I agree that firing Andrea would have been a disaster for the company. No company would do that. This is a problem with some LV stories -- the authors really write about legal and financial affairs about which they know nothing.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Damn that was deep. 5 stars and a WOW.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

im guessing that was a one sided prenup? or ellen would be divorced and rich right now

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - this has to the most unusual LW story I have ever read.

Yes, I agree that the dialog could have used a seasoned editor.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

So-so. It is okay for short story but the plot is not much, one sentence only.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I disagree that this is a five star story.

Reason: He absurdly refuses to state the reason for divorce. Really, leave whole family in the dark so he can appear noble? Total rubbish. No need to beat her up but why make yourself sound like a child?"I know a secrete, I know a secrete"

Legally he goes for blood while maintaining the stoic posture of the morally wronged victim.

Totally disengous. Use reality it will read better and pack even more punch.

To. many authors use this absurd device.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another excellent report

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

What happened with the alienation lawsuit?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A really piss poor story with cartoons for characters!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'll leave the plot comments to others and just say that while I understand the avoidance of "____ said" and "said ____' there were spots where I had to stop and think about who was speaking.

Also too many context free characters, particularly Natalie. Friend? If so whose? Coworker? Child? Relative? Again, if so whose?

Thanks for sharing your time, talent, and effort. If you submit more stories I'll read them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

LOL you are just an extremity in the shitty persons department to spend twenty years cheating on the ones you love. It made the ending harder knowing she was rebuilding her life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
*

painful to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story. Clever how he, the hurt party forced her to tell why the break-up & divorce. I enjoyed the tale and will read more of this author. LP

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreeneralmost 2 years agoAuthor

So I decided to comment on my own story or answer, why did he take the high road and not tell anyone what happened. Tom, knew that the truth would eventually come out. He knew that it would be far more painful for Andrea to tell, and that is just what he did. He wanted to inflict as much pain as he could on her, without making it obvious. I am sorry that wasn't obvious to some of the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WHY do the LE use this banal trope.? It's not going to prevent the truth coming out and doesn't afford him the moral ground.

It's lazy writing which in this otherwise good story takes it from a 4 to a 3.Yes, she did. I see he tried to call me. Ellen, I will not tell anyone. Not my friends, not my siblings, not my children. That is for Andrea to tell. If people ask me why, I will just tell them to ask Andrea. She knows."

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Boring.

This has more of a “fill-in-the-blanks” flavor, from my perspective. No passion, nothing really interesting here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

”Aside from this, he is actually a really good husband.” says Ellen about her husband after learning he has been fucking Andrea for 20 years. Ellen was as brain dead as Andrea.

+++

Appreciated the author’s rationale given 6 months ago for why the husband refused to tell anyone what happened. Why so many readers didn’t get that — especially after the scene where she finally had to admit it all in front of her family —- is pure and simple readers not paying attention.

+++

Not a 5, because it was mostly a “tell” rather than a “show” manner of exposition. Strong 4 though.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

EH ! or WTF? interesting

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Why the stupid closed mouth regarding details. Who would willingly accept abuse from former friends for no upside. This is a stupid standard kw trope that is simply ridiculous. State the facts, present the truth , and move on. Just a writer building false drama in a really unrealistic way.

JayZipJayZipover 1 year ago

Satisfying.

But it would be nice to know how Ellen found out.

RuttweilerRuttweiler12 months ago
When he said “alien nation” I was thinking Science Fiction!

But then I looked at it again and saw it was just another stupid “alienation of affection“ lawsuit. Which is no longer a thing. And hasn’t been for quite a while.

argomez99argomez9910 months ago

Loved the story! The deep pain of betrayal is palpable early and lingers throughout! Would have loved a deeper, longer dive just to prolong the high (or low) of reading this tale.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

There's no coming back from affairs that lasted that long.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What the hell is it with the "you have to ask her I don't tell" crap.... And that is EXACTLY what it is, trying to be holier than thou CRAP. 1 star

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So for whatever reason Andrea and Matt screwed maybe once or twice every 3 months or so and when found out the huband does not even consider counseling or even talking about it. Then he accuses Matt of causing her disintegration of her life. She auffered depression and a miserable future after 38 years of marriage with grown children bwcause of his intransgient stand. I don't think he had the guts to make the best of a bad situation.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think he would have had every right to tell EVERYBODY exactly how long his ex-wife was cheating on him. Immediately, no coloring the facts.

moultonknobmoultonknob3 months ago

Load of fucking bollocks, why not tell people why he was divorcing the bitch and how long she had been fucking her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

To some of the commenters who wanted the MC to have more compassion towards Andrea: Wtf?

Seriously. She cheated like 4-8 times a year with Matt, her boss for 20 years. Sorry that is beyond the pale. Matt was pure evil, and total narcissist. Andrea was warped. Yes she suffers and tries to off herself. What do you expect the MC to do? 20 years basically erodes all the good years they had together. Certainly enrolls all the memories during those 20 years. She shattered his soul. Her lying was a part of her mental makeup. It was intertwined with her soul. She can now only be defined bye her lie and her affair. Why do you think her sisters, friends, and kids, reacted the way they did.

-1 star for the husband taking the "noble" route and not telling anyone but Ellen for a long time about the affair and its length. Instead he gets heaped on with ridicule and scorn and anger for some time. Wtf? That makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It is interesting that the MC says he didn’t have time for his friends now they apologised. If I was he friend I would not apologise. If he can’t tell me why then fuck him. He is not a friend. I hate stories where the MC takes a holier than thou attitude and will not tell anyone. Fuck him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not really a good story. Matt is asshole. Andrea a cheating Bitch. Ellen a submissive. What happened to the alienation of affection suit.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

The author wrote: “So I decided to comment on my own story or answer, why did he take the high road and not tell anyone what happened. Tom, knew that the truth would eventually come out. He knew that it would be far more painful for Andrea to tell, and that is just what he did. He wanted to inflict as much pain as he could on her, without making it obvious. I am sorry that wasn't obvious to some of the readers.”

/

Why would he assume that the truth would come out? Why would she ever admit what she did? She lied for TWENTY YEARS!!! Obviously she would continue to lie and spin the story to make herself sound like the victim!

/

ALWAYS tell everyone the truth immediately! Never let anyone try to make you the bad guy, or hide their sins. It’s not noble, being a “good guy”, or “taking the high road” to let a traitor retain her reputation!

/

Adultery is evil enough, but for a woman to condemn her husband to celibacy, and then give her body to another man is beyond vile! I don’t think that there’s words in English that begin to express how evil that is. That’s the kind of evil that’s punishable by impalement.

/

When his so called friends found out what she did, they should have spit in her face, and kicked her into a ditch, and then pissed on her!

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGrassIsGreener@GrassIsGreener
I love reading and writing about a faithfull wife who cheats and then what happens as a result of her infidelity