Twilight Fungi Pt. 02

Story Info
Tea with a debutante and a secret fling from the past.
3k words
4.83
2.3k
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/03/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I awoke to the sound of leather boots scraping the ground outside my tent. After listening to the anxious nature of the pacing, I knew Ulvarion was probably walking back and forth debating whether or not to intervene in my sleep.

"I'll be out shortly," I called. The tall, lanky shadow just beyond the entrance to my canvas tent perked up.

"Ahh! You're awake then," he chirped. "That's wonderful because I could use you outside, preferably dressed. Our own Silgis Marvane is coming to approve our plans for excavation and give his official blessing as the auditor."

I wet a cloth from my basin and washed off the fading scent of my unexpected romp with Sylvia last night. I was hopeful it would become easier later in the day to focus on anything else but my fresh memories of pleasuring her.

Dressed and ready, I found Ulvarion waiting for me impatiently outside flipping through one of his notebooks. We began to walk toward a rather regal looking command tent that had been setup on higher ground. It was near where I had first arrived and offered the same glorious view of the chasm.

Several drafting tables had been set up just inside and a few of the Guild scribes were already busy sketching what appeared to be the terrain of the chasm floor. They would need to keep it updated as we moved along collecting the mushrooms. Some areas would need to be kept pristine to encourage regrowth, while others would be stripped bare.

Other adornments of the luxurious tent included several ornate pieces of furniture undoubtedly owned by the Marvane family. Their colors were on display prominently here. Silgis was no doubt compensating for the fact that the chasm find did not belong to him.

Ulvarion stood nearby, politely ordering porters around as several other groups of workers and Guild members began to gather for the meeting.

Silgis arrived shortly with Aladria by his side, seemingly floating over the rough terrain in her red, form fitting dress and thankfully, terrain-appropriate footwear. Her long black hair lay down her back in a tight braid, adorned by some sort of white metallic thread woven in with it. She looked stunning in her family's colors.

Trailing just behind the wealthy, middle aged couple was their debutante daughter. I was happy to see Phila again. Her black hair was decidedly untamed, though certainly not unkempt, and blew gently in the ever present breeze of the badlands. She wore the inverse of her mother, a white dress, exposing slightly more of her chest than I was used to seeing. Red fox fur was embroidered all along the trim of her collar. The same fur also made an appearance adorning the cuffs of her wide sleeves.

Aladria and Phila continued to stand just behind their father as he raised his hands to douse the nearby chattering.

"First off," Silgis began, slowly eyeing the crowd. "I want to thank each of you for your continued efforts to make this camp a more livable space as we will undoubtedly be here for several weeks."

His gaze shot up fleetingly toward Ulvarion in a somewhat accusatory fashion.

"I know the local terrain is rather exciting," he continued. "But I would like to warn each of you to please steer clear of the chasm unless you are authorized to be working on the scaffolding down to the bottom. We cannot begin the harvest until the climbers have secured a route down. Any unnecessary interference creates liability and slows us down."

His tone became more stern.

"As the auditor for this expedition, I will not tolerate insubordination or inefficiencies in the process. The extreme locale should serve as enough warning to mind yourself and others. Let us gain access to the crop quickly and without incident. We are representatives of the Guild and will act accordingly and serve in honor."

The speech ended almost as abruptly as it began. Everyone cleared out and headed to begin their duties in the camp or the chasm. A server from house Marvane poured two goblets of wine for Silgis and Aladria. Phila came to find me while they were occupied talking to one of the scribes.

"Good afternoon, Henrik." She dipped down into a playful mock of a curtsy.

"My lady. What activities do you have planned for the day?"

"I was more concerned with your schedule," she said. "Do you have much to accomplish until they finish building a pathway down into the chasm?"

"No, not really, just preparation. It will be about a week until the scaffolding is done. We may reach the first outcropping of twilight fungi on the third day though."

"Wonderful. Then you have time to help me fetch some fresh water?" Her playful tone persisted.

"I'm sure the porters can fetch it for you," I said dumbly.

"No, no, that won't do." She gestured over toward her parents. "While they get drunk, I'll be bored. I would like some pleasant company and fresh water for my tea."

I truly had nothing to do and it was hard to ignore a pretty face. We took the scenic route down to the chasm, going exactly where her father had just forbid unauthorized personnel from going. No one bothered to stop us.

The desert sun had begun it's reign of terror already this morning. Phila opened her parasol as we walked and chatted, her hair occasionally wrapping around the handle as the wind blew through.

We talked about our mutual friends back in Arigostas, the city from which our guild was based. Phila was resigned to being completely bored out here in the Inskagi Badlands for the full duration of the expedition. Her father's insistence that she come along fell in line with the family's own obligations of pride and of maintaining their familial image.

I couldn't help but be thankful that I was not as embedded into high society as she was.

I helped her fetch some water from the well that had been set up to tap into the river which flowed with abandon through the bottom of the chasm. Without it, we would have already run dry of what we brought with us.

Phila made tea and we sat and enjoyed each other's company. I drank the amber liquid, tasting the notes of berries and citrus. As we continued to chat idly, I thought beyond the flavors of the tea, wondering instead of how Phila would taste. How would her lips respond to mine if I kissed them. Would I taste the same berries and lemon on her tongue? Would she protest if I grabbed a handful of her hair and kissed my way down her slender neck?

I caught myself, surprised by my own lustful thoughts. They weren't unwelcome, but they sure were distracting and I still had Sylvia worming around in the back of my mind.

"I know it's improper to ask," said Phila, bringing me back to attention. "But what do you plan to do with your commission? Once the guild sells the harvest from the expedition, I mean."

"Well, it won't really be my commission. Ulvarion is the guild member, not me."

"That makes sense, I suppose. But you're sure to see some of it, he's practically your family. You're the only apprentice he's taken on in decades. He should pay you with more than experience."

"I will be compensated appropriately, not to worry. Maybe he'll retire." Even I didn't believe it as it left my lips. Ulvarion wouldn't know what to do with retirement.

"Do you think you'll join the Guild after your apprenticeship?" she probed.

Her question was a good one. I had not given much thought to my future. It was common as a journeyman to work abroad for a time. I could further my knowledge and then possibly return to the institution that had originally given its time and energy to my personal growth.

"It's hard to see much past this expedition, to be honest. I know this will change some things for the Guild, for Ulvarion, and probably for myself. I would be happy with simply gaining more respect from the established families in the guild."

Her veneer thinned then and she let a small frown play out, knowing to whom he was referring.

"I will do my part then," she said. "In establishing better relations for the independents and the Guild families." She tipped her tea cup, pleased with her pronouncement.

She knew her family's stance on independents like Ulvarion and myself. They always perceived contract work, regardless of term length, as lacking in loyalty. It was a situation Ulvarion and I both worked hard to change, though it was a battle of attrition.

"For the record, I don't blame you personally for anything. I rather enjoy our relationship," I reassured.

"Always a pleasure, Henrik."

I walked Phila back to her father's tent where he was still busy condescending to the scribes.

-

After sleeping through the most oppressive heat of the day in my tent, I found my way to the mess for dinner. Sylvia served me what looked like a creamy stew of vegetables with some bread torn from the loaf. After setting down my serving, she licked a stray bit of stew off of her thumb. I couldn't even tell if she did it on purpose. God, that woman. I fought back a growing erection and finished the meal quickly enough.

After enjoying a stroll through the cool camp air I came upon Ulvarion sitting at a table with an oil lamp, slowly nursing a cup of coffee.

"Ah, Henrik. I've been going over old notes."

He produced a small, black leather book from beneath his navy robes and slid it over to me. It was old, that much I could tell, but I wasn't sure of the significance.

"Read it tonight and then go drop it into the river tomorrow morning. Some information is better kept up here," he said, tapping his temple.

"Come find me in my tent tomorrow after you've cast it into watery oblivion and we will speak further."

I pocketed the book and gave Ulvarion a strange look. His gaze softened.

"Please do not judge me. It was a long time ago."

Back at my tent, I was anxious to understand what this was about. I lit a small lamp and opened the book to find a declaration of ownership, written in Ulvarion's hand years ago. The pages had yellowed only slightly. I began to read from the entry he had bookmarked, dated 28 years ago.

-

Entry 1

I have only been with this new guild for fifteen months but I already feel there is great potential. Because of their patronage, I have quite literally stumbled upon the greatest mycological discovery in recent history.

Silgis and company have been working diligently within the cave system to identify the nutrient source for the twilight fungi that grows here. He regrets my presence but cannot ignore my contribution. He makes things difficult, but I hope to win him over with hard work and results.

One of his team, a human woman named Aladria has been researching the subterranean water source here in the cave system. She believes that certain minerals are carried down to the mycelium encouraging this impressive colony with a consistent nutrient supply.

Entry 2

I have been tasked with joining Aladria in some of the deeper areas of the cave complex to identify the source of the underground flow of water. We should return tomorrow.

Entry 3

It was three days ago now when we both made the discovery in a small humid alcove of the cave section we were following the water supply. Perhaps the light source I had set up was insufficient. I don't know that it would have helped.

I was the first to trip through it, feeling a soft crunch under my feet, much in contrast to the surrounding stone. The alcove quickly began to fill with dried spores which smelled faintly of burnt cinnamon, though not as pleasant as I may describe. The odor was reminiscent of twilight fungi, but not quite the same.

At first we were both alarmed and removed ourselves from the area. I was not afraid for Aladria since humans are unaffected. The familiar sunset glow of the fungi was not present as it usually was in dim light.

It started as a tingle in the back of my scalp and worked its way forward, slowly warming my body. I had been dosed before, it was an occupational hazard, but this was different. The effect was magnified and was much more potent that I remembered.

I checked on Aladria to ground myself but found that she was clearly experiencing the same symptoms. I could see some fear in her eyes and holding onto her hands, I began to reassure her as best I could. I had some experience in this state, but this was all frighteningly new for her.

That's when the desire and the sweat began to set in. I felt warm even though we were still in a cold damp place. Over the next few minutes I began to perceive Aladria much less as a colleague and much more a conquest.

She simply sat there, sweating like myself. Her hands were slowly tracing lines over her chest and I do not believe she was even aware of herself. I remember making eye contact with her and then our bodies came together like magnets.

My hands wandered to her beautiful black hair and she was receptive to my touch, as if in a trance. We did not find it necessary to communicate with words and in retrospect may not have been able to. There was only the feeling, growing stronger, mostly pleasure, but with a noticeable pain in the background. It was a pain of longing and need. And with every beat of my heart it drove me to further explore Aladria's body.

Her breasts were begging to be touched. They were only for me. This beautiful creature needed me and I needed her. I had to feel her skin graze mine. All I wanted in that moment and all the moments going forward was her body, wrapped around mine in endless pleasure.

She reached out for me then. It was a surprise, but only because the quick movement had to contend with some minor hallucinations in my periphery.

Her hand went to my member before our lips ever met. The warmth of her mouth on mine brought lightning bolts to both of us. We mixed in a tangle of saliva and sweat. I sucked gently on her tongue while my hands fought against her clothing.

Soon we were on the wet ground. She furiously worked me with her mouth and hands while I pleasured her with my tongue and fingers. It was a contract we had no need to discuss. Only the pleasure mattered.

It was hard to tell how much time had passed in that position, but I do recall a brief moment of rest before she sat in my lap and I entered her warmth with my manhood. She simply began to rock back and forth, half crying, half moaning and at some points laughing. I'm sure I expressed the full gamut of emotions as well, but at the time I could only perceive her supremely erotic actions. All I could do was worship this human goddess of sexuality.

Between the drug and the orgasms our time slipped away from us. When we came too, the acute effects had moved somewhat to the background, but the desire was still there and still... pulsating.

We had lost some body heat in our reverie and so I managed to help Aladria back into her clothes. It was difficult as we had to stop every few moments just to touch each other, either with a kiss or a grope or something. I knew we needed to leave the cave and get some fresh air and possibly some medical help.

On the way back out, we stopped for a rest and ate our final meal before reaching the surface. The desire was still so strong and so I entered her from behind, pressing her warm body up against the cave wall. She moaned deeply. It was clear we both needed it. I had watched her touching herself occasionally when she thought I was not looking. I knew she would be afraid to ask.

The effects were now mostly fading. The desire was still surprisingly strong, but I knew I would be able to suppress it going forward.

I promised her my silence and did my best to ensure she did not feel taken advantage of. She simply thanked me for my help and kissed me on the cheek.

We left the cave without drawing too much attention and when she assured me she would be all right, I returned to my tent to record this. I must understand what happened to us.

-

Before I dropped the journal detailing Ulvarion's fling down into the churning waters below, I thought of Aladria. My dick began to grow at the thought of exploring her body as thoroughly as Ulvarion had.

I wondered briefly if she had only married Silgis for the money and safety. Maybe Aladria and Ulvarion were otherwise incompatible. It was possible she was already betrothed to Silgis at the time they had their torrid, drug-induced cave romp.

It was also clear now that the drug they had walked into was this rare, black, twilight fungi. They hadn't seen it at all, even with a light source. So the black varietal affects humans too.

If a large enough supply could be found or even cultivated, Ulvarion could vastly increase the customer base of twilight fungi to include a whole new race. Humans would undoubtedly pay for this. If there was a market for demure elves, then this stuff would be worth its weight in gold for already mostly horny humans.

The implications were great, but I was growing very tired and sought out my tent. I dreamed of Aladria.