Twin Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Apparently Alex's father he'd been quite the looker in his prime, and even now much of that handsomeness remained. In some ways, the specks of grey that peppered his hair only added to his kind-hearted aura.

"Having a good weekend?"

"Pretty boring really. Looking forward to getting back to work."

"You sound like your mother. Why don't you go out somewhere?"

"I have literally no money."

His father snorted. "You shouldn't have quit that job your sister got you. But here, take a fifty." He pulled out his wallet and handed over a crisp note. "Buy something stupid. Like a signed football, or some tap shoes. Or both. Become the world's first tapping quarterback."

Alex stared at the bill in his hands. "Wow, thanks, dad." Then his eyes narrowed. "What's with the sudden charity? Have you broken something of mine too?"

"What? No. No reason, just in a good mood." His father put down his newspaper and ate the last bite of his toast. "Also your mother might be getting a promotion."

"Really? That's great!"

"Yeah." Richard wiped his mouth and stood up. "Means she can be home a bit more too, which'll be nice."

"Where is she? I wanna congratulate her."

"Still at the hotel. Which is where I'm off to, just came back to grab a few things."

"You're a good husband, dad."

"I know. I'm sure you'll make a good husband too, if you start hanging out with girls that aren't your sister."

Alex's mouth twitched. "That is probably very good advice."

"I've got heaps more. Like; 'if you think a girl is pretty and perfect in every way, then be very careful because she's probably not for you. But if she makes you unnerved, slightly uncomfortable and extremely confused, then ask her out.' That's how I met your mother. She kept throwing sticks at me in the schoolyard."

"I've heard the story a million times Dad. One day you threw one back, she rugby tackled you into a tree and you knew right then that she was the perfect match for you."

"True love, right there. Alright, you have yourself a nice day. Tell your sister I'll give her some money when I'm back. I'd give it to her now but I think she's in the shower and you know what women are like in there."

"Dad, you have thirty-minute showers."

"There's more of me to clean." He flexed an arm, a surprising amount of muscle showing from beneath his shirt. "Which you'd have too if you ate more." He pulled his son into a tight hug and ruffled his hair, then grabbed a pile of bags and shoved them through the front door. "I'll see you tonight, hopefully with a whole bunch more money."

"Have a great time!"

Alex finished eating his cereal and flopped onto the beige leather lounge in the living room. He held the crisp note in the air above him, thinking about all it things he could buy with it. A moment later it disappeared, and he shot to his feet to confront the towel-wearing thief. "Hey! That's mine."

"Not anymore. Dad gave you money? How'd you manage that?"

"He'll give you yours when he gets home."

"Well, he can give it to you instead. What should I buy?" She cocked her head. "Chelsea keeps making fun of me for having an old swimsuit. I bet she'd die if she saw me wearing a bikini."

"Lil, you'd die if anyone saw you in a bikini."

"I know, but that's why having our own pool is so great!" She smiled at him. "Take me shopping?"

Alex groaned. "Now I want to die."

"We could buy some rope while we're out?"

"Don't even joke about that."

"I was thinking I could tie you to a post and make you my own little pet."

"That is a very weird thing to say."

"I'll go get dressed while you have a shower and then we'll meet back here." She turned around and the note flittered out of her hands and onto the floor. Without thinking she bent down to pick it up, her towel lifting up and flashing Alex with her cute, perky butt. From the glass doors behind them the morning sun illuminated her like some kind of celestial angel, and he couldn't help but stare as she kept bending, and he could nearly see her--

Snap out of it you perve, he berated himself. He cleared his throat and pushed past her, leaving his sister to stare in annoyance after him.

"What about these?" Lily asked quietly as she passed him a plain black one-piece with a thin yellow stripe running down the side. "Bumblebee? Or..." She gave him a pair of pink and grey swimming shorts with a matching top. "Cute and Practical?"

Her demeanour had changed almost startlingly when they'd stepped out of the car. Back at home she was at least a bit more outgoing, even when she had her friends over, and with her recent bouts of teasing her brother that confidence had only increased. But here, in public with throngs of weekend-makers inhabiting every shop in Fountain Gate, she'd receded back into herself, clinging to Alex as they made their way to her desired store.

He'd felt sorry for her for the first twenty minutes.

"Get both of them. Lil, we've been here four hours."

"It's only been two... and we're nearly done, I promise." She had him hold up the two garments. They were standing in a corner of the busy shop and he found himself wondering if, to the random passer-by, the looked like siblings or instead something else. "Not Cute and Practical," she decided. "I promised Chels I'd get something different. So now we've just got to decide between Bumblebee and Girl Next Door."

"What about 'Gods Above, Please End it Now, Oh the Pain, the Pain, the Pain and Never-Ending Suffering.'"

"That was too tight in the bust. Can you please help me pick? If you keep looking depressed like that people are going to think I dragged you here."

"That is exactly what you did."

"But people don't need to think that."

"Sweetie, if I may?" A smooth, velvety voice broke their banter as an exceptionally tall woman appeared beside them. She wore black jeans and a maroon top over her sleek body, a lanyard dangling at her chest, and Chelsea squeaked in fright at her sudden arrival and huddled up against her brother.

The woman laughed. She was an intensely fashionable figure that just oozed confidence, her long, purple-streaked hair swept to one side and her eyes glittering with expertly-applied makeup. She looked at them in amusement, speaking in a smooth, low voice like she was imparting some great secret.

"Have you had a browse through the back of the store? Perhaps your boyfriend will find the apparel there a little more... attention grabbing." She looked Lily up and down, her eyes lighting up a little. "You certainly have the body for it."

Alex stepped away from his sister and stuttered, "Oh, no, we aren't going out, we're just--"

"Sure, sure." The woman's eyes twinkled. "Well, I'm certain your lady friend wouldn't mind checking it out. It's by the men's, too, so maybe you could both try some things on. The changing rooms are unisex, after all." She winked at Lily who was gripping her twin's hand tightly.

As if frightened to disobey, Lily pulled him in the direction the woman had nodded. "Th-thanks, we'll have a look."

"Have fun, sweetie. Swing by the counter whenever you're ready." And the woman swept away to talk to another customer.

They navigated the aisles of people toward the back of the store, getting lost several times and constantly moving out of other shopper's ways to let them pass. Finally, they made it to an unassuming sign that hung near the changing rooms. Intimate Swimwear.

"Woah, look at that." Lily pointed to a mannequin positioned at the entrance to the section, smirking down at them from its position atop a showy white dais. Its top was made of a soft black fabric with leopard-print trim, cut into a low triangle that covered the middle and bottom of each breast but left the top standing proudly out. A similar leopard-print band encircled each hip to meet at two more small black triangles, barely enough to be considered beach-appropriate. "Imagine me wearing that."

Alex tried not to. "You couldn't swim in that."

She reached out to feel the fabric. "It does seem like it'd get real clingy when wet. Or is that how it's supposed to be? Do guys like that?"

Alex pulled his eyes away from the display. "Shouldn't you really be trying on something more practical?"

"Maybe I'm bored of practical. That's all I've ever been. I want to feel a bit more..." She glanced around them, then whispered, "I want to be sexy."

She grabbed Alex's wrist and pulled them into the racks. It was much quieter in this section, only a few ladies and their partners wondering around.

"What about this?" She held up a mint-green bikini, about the same size as the one on display but with a sturdier band. "Looks like it'd be less likely to fly off in a hurricane."

"I think you'd have other things to worry about in a hurricane. I'm not sure about the colour, it's too green. You'd look like a cactus. And it doesn't suit your hair."

She smiled at him, a little impressed. "See? You can help me when you try. I wasn't going to pick it anyway. Mint is just green that wants to be blue."

"You'd look good in blue."

"You reckon?"

"You had that old suit that time we were in Bridal Bay. It looked good on you, before you lost it."

So he did notice. It had been the only bikini she'd ever worn, back when she'd had less inhibitions, though she'd still been shy. It was a proper swimsuit, meant for the water not sunbathing, and she'd liked it. Unfortunately, her mother had not, and two days into their trip it had mysteriously vanished.

Lily turned her brother around in the isle. "Go on, find me a blue one then."

Alex glanced around nervously. "I don't want to be seen traipsing around the women's intimates. People will think I'm weird."

Lily leaned over and kissed his cheek. "People think you're weird anyway." She gave him a little push. "Come back with something I like and I'll buy you a new book or whatever."

"How about you replace my tablet?"

"Come back with two things and I'll think about it."

And he was off.

Alex kept his paws in his pockets, shoulders hunched in an attempt to remain inconspicuous. What exactly was his sister planning? She couldn't buy anything too outrageous, considering they were only supposed to use the pool when their parents were home. His dad said it was because he was the only one who knew how to check the PH levels, but Alex suspected the real reason was that Lily had once tried to skinny dip when no one was home and got herself stuck in the pool cover as she'd rolled it back. It was a remarkable feat, really, if exceptionally embarrassing for both Lily and their dad who'd had to get her free. That was ten years ago, but their parents still didn't trust them to do it themselves.

A duo of attractive women passed by and Alex kept his head down, but he could still feel their suspicious glares piercing the back of his head. If he was younger, they'd have assumed his mother was somewhere nearby. If he was older, they'd have thought he was buying a gift for his girlfriend. But right now he was apparently the prime age for 'creepy and seedy teenager.'

Finally, something caught his eye and he headed over. There, between a one-piece that had enough holes to be a no-piece and something that was entirely strings, a cute blue bikini hung like treasure on the rack. It was probably the most practical item here, and he wondered if perhaps it had been put here by accident. The cut was a lot smaller than he thought necessary, and the band was very thin, but when he tested the material it held firm with just a bit of stretch. This wouldn't be coming off in any waves. He picked it up triumphantly and headed onwards, looking for a second item.

Lily ran her tongue over her teeth, considering the garment in front of her. It was bright red and lacy, looking more like lingerie than swimwear. The tag proudly said that it could be worn as both, and the material did at least feel waterproof. It covered more than a lot of the items here, but was just as sexy with its various trims and carefully-placed holes. The top was more of a quarter-circle than a triangle, meant to enhance the wearer's curves and bring attention to her cleavage. She liked the sound of that.

What she didn't like was being here without Alex by her side. She'd wanted to send him off so she could look at the more scandalous items here and imagine herself in them, but now she regretted it; she'd grown so used to having him by her side that it was almost a necessity, and she felt anxious without him.

"Solved the murder yet?"

Lily jumped and Alex gave her a concerned smile. "Sorry, you had your detective face on. Any deep thoughts you can share?"

Lily made a show of looking around, then leaned in close. "I'm starting to think it wasn't the butler after all."

Alex grinned. "Found anything good?"

"A few. There's a lot I wish I could try on, but I just... can't. Plus mum and dad would freak if I brought them home."

"Why not just try them on anyway? You don't have to buy them."

"Really? I thought you wanted to get home. I thought this was 'pain and suffering.'"

Alex shrugged. His sister was looking at him with wide eyes, surprise and excitement behind her gaze. He liked seeing her happy. "I've suffered with you for eighteen years. I'm sure I can suffer for a few more."

"You're the best brother ever. So what did you get me?"

Alex handed her the two items. She examined the first, a yellow one-piece that curved high on the hips and dipped in the chest. It would show off a little bit of cleavage, but it was still a practical piece. She shrugged. "It's cute, but I was hoping for something a little more exciting."

"If you wanted exciting than why'd you ask me?"

Lily sighed. He really doesn't want me in something sexy, does he? She put the yellow one-piece to the side and held out Alex's first choice in front of her. She felt her heart flutter a little. Or maybe he does.

"I thought it was a nice colour."

"Mmn hm." She fixed him with a curious gaze. "You like this?"

Alex frowned, a little nervous at the breathiness of his sister's voice. "Yeah? Why, shouldn't I?"

"No, no... I like it too." He was right, it was a gorgeous colour. The blue trim matched her eyes perfectly and the lighter blue of the inner material complimented her skin tone. She hoped it would look just as good in the water, with the extra benefit the tag said it provided. "You really think I should get this?"

"Sure. I don't think mum would approve though."

Lily laughed. "Absolutely not. Which is exactly why I want to get it. Not that you'd let me swim with you while I was wearing it, though."

Her brother shrugged again. "I mean if you want to, why not?"

"Really?" Lily felt her heart flutter again. "It wouldn't bother you?"

"I managed to not drown when you had that other bikini on. Jeez, Lil, what's gotten into you?"

"Nothing! No, I'll... I'll get it." She supressed a smile and held it tight to her chest. Her head felt a little weird, and her lower body was warm. "Right, uh... I might try a few of these on, but how about we swing by the men's first?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"No."

"Then sure!"

In contrast to the aisles and aisles of women's assorted swimwear, the men's section was confined to a single square space with little more than twenty or so racks. A few people milled around, mainly boys dragged around by parents or older guys looking to relive their youth. Alex quietly followed his sister to an empty corner and stood by as she examined the racks. She seemed much chirpier than when they'd first entered the store.

"I don't really see you in boardshorts. You suit something tighter." She glanced back at her brother. "Gotta show off nice butt of yours."

"What?" He looked at her in confusion. Lily giggled and threw him a pair of skin-tight bathing shorts.

"Nothing. Here, something looser to appease the parents." She added a standard pair of swim trunks to the pile. They were black with a yellow stripe, perfectly matching the one piece she'd kept from the first haul. "And lastly... how about you try this?"

Alex looked sceptically at the tiny heap of material that had been thrown on top. "You sure this is the right size? Looks kind of small."

"Surprise me and I'll get a bigger one."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She nudged him back the way they came. "Let's try these on! And you've gotta show me each one, okay?"

"I'm big enough to put my own pants on mom."

Lily's brow furrowed. "Don't call me that. It's weird."

They arrived at the changing rooms and looked at the line in dismay. There was no way they were going to get two rooms at the same time, let alone ones next to each other. And they'd probably be hurried, too, which meant Lily wasn't going to get to see him in each suit after all.

"And how did you two darlings go? Found a few items, I see." The stunning woman from before appeared behind them, breath smoky and warm. She scrutinised Lily's pile and her eyes widened slightly. "And is that the Ella Roe? I admire the confidence, it's very sexy."

Lily smiled bashfully, almost proudly. "Alex picked it out."

"Really? Well, he's one lucky man that you're willing to show off a little. I'm sure you two will have a lot of fun with it."

Alex was very confused by the conversation, but then most talk about clothes made him confused. It was just a normal bikini, right?

The woman straightened up to her full height and glanced over the line. "And look at that, changing bay four is wide open with no one in it. I must have a word with Sera about managing her space. Follow me." The crowd parted with impressive ease as she set off to the entrance. Nervously, the twins followed in her wake.

"Sera, how's it going?"

"Busy but efficient, why?"

"No reason." With a casual movement of her arm behind her she ushered the twins into the sizeable changing room and closed the door with a foot. "How about you take an early lunch? I can manage here for a while and Kane is a whizz on the counter."

"Sure. Could you let the next in line know that number four just became free?"

"But it isn't." The woman grinned, nodding to the locked door. "Do keep a closer eye on your surroundings, Sera. It's bad for business."

"What just happened?" Lily whispered. The changing room was like an oasis, the outside noise muffled and the light inside soft and flattering.

"I'm not sure, but I think we can sue for kidnapping." Alex folded his arms. "Is this even allowed?"

"No way. But let's not waste the opportunity, it'll be ages before the next room is free."

Her brother glared at her. "You're not seriously planning on getting undressed together?"

"Why not? Then we don't have to keep coming out and showing each other. Oh, don't look at me like that. Just keep your back turned and we'll wait until we're both ready."

"This sounds like a very bad idea."

"So did using your drawing tablet as a food tray, but it got us here." She turned her back. "And no peeking in the mirror, alright?"

Alex let out a long sigh, but his heart was starting to beat just a little faster. "Fine. I'll put on the boardshorts first."

"And I'll put on the one-piece."

They faced away from each other as Alex took in a deep breath. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his sister in the mirror. She was taking off her light pink tank top, and for a moment he considered seeing what her bra looked like. But he stared down and focused on unzipping his jeans. He'd worn his dark red underwear today, the nicely tailored ones that fit his physique. He wasn't sure why, something had just told him to.

"Nice underwear."

"Hey!" His head snapped to the mirror and he glared at his sister, who was topless but holding the one-piece in front of her. "You said no looking!"