Two Blank Stares

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The party was at an off-campus frat house. When he got there, Teddie kind of reverted to type, due to the absolute number of drunks around, barfing and yelling. So, shortly after he arrived, Teddie left and went to his dorm room, changed and went for a run. As he was returning to the dorm an hour later, three big guys jumped out in front of him. Teddie turned and ran away from them. Even after an hour's run, once he'd escaped their initial burst, he was able to outrun them and lose them. He hid behind a dumpster for a few minutes, catching his breath. Then he walked back slowly against walls, and in darkness. He came upon the three guys before they saw him. He'd thought it through as he walked. He decided to get this over with, if possible.

So...he snuck up on the biggest guy and coldcocked him from behind. That aroused the other two. One came at him from his right. Too soon. His friend was not quite ready. Teddie feinted to hit the attacker in the face, but actually struck him in the groin, effectively disabling him. He turned to the third fellow. It was Pete. Pete looked a little uncertain.

Teddie said, "You need to stop this. If not, someone could get seriously hurt. You, for instance. Very seriously hurt."

Pete said, "You don't scare me." But he was backing away.

Teddie took a quick jab step toward Pete and barked loudly like a dog. Pete ran.

Teddie hoped that that was the end of it, but he thought maybe not. He jogged back to the dorm and took a shower, slept.

When he woke up, Brad was asleep in his bed, with a naked woman. She had her back turned to Teddie. She looked real good. She looked familiar. That was because, after a careful perusal, Teddie recognized her as Susan. She had a heart tattoo on her lower back. He was more than a little annoyed. But Teddie snuck out of the room. He went to breakfast.

He gave it some thought. He was angry. But, at whom? Not Susan. She had made him no promises. At Brad? Brad had horned in. Teddie couldn't blame him. He wrote it all off. If he could get Susan in bed again, he would. It wasn't like he was going to marry her.

THE WEDDING

Susan's family insisted on a big ceremony. Teddie's mom and sisters were excited. Susan had graduated only a semester ahead of Teddie, because he raced through his courses. She had started law school. Teddie graduated after New Years. He was already employed by a highly advanced computer programming company associated with the University. He'd also made some good money by selling some material he'd done in the last year. He sold it to the government.

After the Brad incident, Teddie saw no reason to avoid Susan. And he couldn't avoid Brad. For about three months, Brad and Teddie shared Susan. Then Susan broke it off with......Brad.

She reasoned that Brad wasn't marriage material. No matter how good their sex would be, he'd cheat. But Teddie wouldn't. And Teddie was going to make money. Brad? Maybe. A male model, perhaps. Or a gigolo. Unsuitable for a husband to be also a paid sex worker.

Despite her promiscuous ways in college, Susan wanted a faithful husband, and a family. And wealth. She was quite intelligent, and analytical. She knew that she'd do well as a lawyer. But she thought Teddie, properly guided, would rake in the bucks.

She ditched Brad, after a week that they spent at a resort, screwing day and night.

Teddie moved into her place for her senior year. Her sex with Teddie was different from that with other guys - like Brad. Teddie simply put her first in everything. Especially in bed. She never lost her excitement at her control over him - the slayer of football players. He was hers. They both knew it, and they both liked it that way.

Teddie didn't have to worry about sex and pursuing it. He could work all day and come back to his very beautiful woman, who would tell him what she wanted.

Only twice during that year did Susan stray. She hid it from Teddie. She simply needed to have an assertive man fuck her. That was not difficult for her to obtain. But she reined herself in, for Teddie's sake. She got her thrills during the day. Just twice. She was proud of her restraint.

But she found that she felt guilty after these two instances. It was a first for her - sexual guilt. She was amazed. Her analytical, practical mind produced the conclusion that she was....very fond of Teddie.

He was fun. He let her tickle him whenever she wanted. He had wit and even a sarcastic streak. He protected her from her threatening ex-lovers. Since the three on one bust up, she'd had no trouble at all from any of them. They could go out to the most raucous bars and when guys hit on her, Teddie would look them off. (Sometimes that was disconcerting.) He seemed to have some sort of physical confidence that could put a frisson of unease into aggressive guys. Even big, drunk ones.

But the most important thing that won her over was that he was so utterly in love with her. Adoration from him was so....gratifying.

Teddie's mom met Susan a couple of months before the wedding.

Etta Bland was quite a looker, still. She was also highly intelligent, and intuitive. Her daughters had inherited her looks, but not so much of her brains. Their dad had been...a mediocre thinker with a gift for sex.

Teddie inherited absolutely nothing from his nominal father. Instead, he inherited his brains from physicist that Etta met one evening on a girls' night out. Unfortunately, he also got his tendency to stall out from that man. The affair hadn't lasted long. Still, here came Teddie.

Etta was unsettled when she met Susan. After a couple of hours of small talk, she concluded that Susan would likely break Teddie's heart. She also concluded that she had no way to prevent the wedding. Teddie was so far gone.

Later in that week, Susan and Etta had occasion to take a walk along a running trail nearby the campus. It was a pleasant evening.

After fifteen minutes, Etta stopped and looked right at Susan. She said, "You're going to break his heart."

Susan said, "He looks nothing like his sisters." She smiled.

Etta nodded. She said, "True. You're a very bright woman, Susan. But sooner or later something will happen."

"I'm very, very careful, Etta."

"So was I. Nevertheless, shit happened. If I see that you aren't giving me real grandchildren, I'll do something about it. Please don't think of that as an empty threat."

"You don't have to worry. Not about that. Other stuff, maybe. But not that."

Etta asked, "How have you managed during the last year?"

"Well.....I generally curbed my....enthusiasm. And when I became too restless, I was very careful. Only twice."

"Um. Don't get complacent about it."

"Etta, I need to say this. I love Teddie. He's gotten to me in ways I never anticipated. I never want to hurt him. I admit that initially I picked him because I see his...potential. And he...I made him good at sex. But now it's gone way beyond calculation." Susan made a small gasp, like a sob. Not fake. She'd never quite admitted to herself what she'd just said to Etta.

Etta stared at Susan for some time. She nodded. "Let's finish our walk. Such a nice evening."

Later in the week, Etta and Susan's father, Brian Dorsey, agreed on a pre-nup. Brian and his wife Carol had made a largish trust fund for Susan. The main gist of the document was that finances were to be separated. Any split, the partners simply kept what was theirs. Shared custody of any children, if allowed. They explained it to Susan and Teddie over drinks one evening. Both of them signed, although for different reasons. Teddie thought there'd never be any problem, so it didn't matter. Susan felt she had to do it. Chalk that one up to Etta. At least there was no infidelity clause. It was a sign that Etta wanted the marriage to proceed as planned. That wouldn't have happened if there had been an infidelity clause.

The wedding was a roaring success. Everyone had a great time, including Brad, who danced the night away with Teddie's two sisters. Both of them were married with children. So, it was only dancing, no matter what they may have wanted. Anyway, Brad was there with Susan's close college friend, Elvira (aka Mistress of the Night). Elvira allowed Brian Dorsey a close, slow dance. Carol reciprocated by kissing Etta's plus one, Jed Butler, Teddie's fight teacher. All in all, an interesting evening, with no open hostilities.

The honeymoon was only a week in Bermuda, because Susan was due back at law school.

It took only two years for her to graduate, since she went to summer school. And she was almost totally faithful to the marriage. Just one departure, with an airline pilot she'd met when her connecting flight from O'Hare canceled, and she had to stay over at a Hilton provided by the airline. No risk there. Big reward, though.

Meanwhile, Teddie was doing very well at his programming job. And he sold other material to the government and to a spyware company. He paid for Susan's law school.

Susan did quite well at her studies. She also got pregnant at the end of that. A girl, Betty. Teddie (who was the biological father, in case you were wondering) was thrilled. After a year of motherhood, Susan began interviewing for law jobs, and got hired by a largish firm that did a lot of lobbying in D.C. Also, some regulatory work. She was hired for her brains, looks, and ability to charm lawmakers and bureaucrats, of both sexes.

Big Dick was the chief litigation partner at the firm. Susan and he didn't work together. So, it took a month or so before Richard Burton noticed Susan. Susan had heard about him. She'd seen him. He was tall and well built, with wavy dark hair, green eyes, and a booming voice. Rumor had it that he was conducting an affair with his close assistant, Emily Smythe.

Susan doubted that, since Big Dick started after her in earnest as she was beginning her second year at the firm. He was married, kids. But, no matter. He made it obvious that he wanted Susan. And, in truth, Susan found him tempting. She kept that to herself and betrayed none of it to the Dick.

She'd not strayed from her marriage vows in any way that risked discovery - so far. She simply didn't want that risk. Especially not with a child to care for.

Richard Burton was used to success in his attempts at seduction. His wife and he had an arrangement that involved a succession of young personal trainers for her. Still, he had to be somewhat circumspect when he pursued women from the firm. He usually did not do that. It was risky. The rumors of an affair with Emily were baseless. But he was enamored with Susan.

She was friendly to him but held him off. She simply told him that she loved her husband and wouldn't stray. He didn't believe her. And, of course, he was correct not to.

Susan and Teddie were still doing very well in bed. She never got tired of controlling him in bed. She didn't humiliate him. But she got what she wanted, when she wanted it.

Her work involved mostly lunches with targets and clients. Not so many dinners, and few weekends. There was some travel, but not too much. And when she did travel for work, it was always with others from the firm. She didn't want to have sexual contact with anyone from the firm - too risky. So, her opportunities for extra fun were limited. She found that frustrating.

In time it came to pass that Richard Burton needed Susan in a work project. Wonder of wonders. He had a serious negotiation on a corporate merger. He put together a team. One aspect of the negotiations was...schmoozing. Schmoozing over lunch, and at some dinners. That was what he needed Susan for. She was the firm's most accomplished schmoozer and could provide entertaining and charming social occasions. Mostly these took place in the D.C. area. But some happened in New York, where Mason Industries was headquartered.

Susan saw this assignment as a huge opportunity for advancement within the firm. Probably a partnership, if things worked out. But....a Big BUT....if she took the assignment, she and Big Dick would be thrown together for months. And that would likely end her marriage.

She was torn. She went in to see Dick.

He welcomed her into his large office and beckoned her to sit on a couch across from two chairs in the 'lounge' area.

He asked, "Are you looking forward to the new assignment?"

Susan hesitated. "Yes and no, Dick. You know what worries me."

Burton smiled at her. He said, "If you take it, I'll surely take you before too long. You'll enjoy it."

Susan said, "Oh, I do know that. Oh, yes. But there's the matter of my marriage. I want to keep it."

Dick said, "Your husband is a nerdy guy. A stay-at-home dad. He won't leave you."

"I don't know how he'll react. So....he cannot find out, Dick. Ever!"

"Okay. Okay. That...."

She said, "A big reason you're working so hard on me is to brag about it. Let everyone know. You might do that even if we never fuck. Like you did with Emily."

He looked uncomfortable. "I won't. I respect the institution of marriage."

"Don't bullshit me. You should know better. Here's what I'll say to you. Teddie may seem harmless to you. But, how I met him...he beat the shit out of a college linebacker who was pestering me. Took fifteen seconds at most. Then he beat the shit out of two more guys who came after him for revenge. He trains three times a week."

Dick was taken aback. He said, "Oh. So?"

"So, if I hear any whiff of a rumor that we're fucking, I'll tell Teddie that you're pressing me and bothering me. One night you may find yourself with a free trip to Emergency."

"And I do believe you would do that. Shit!"

"Your decision. How much do you want it? And how careful can you be?"

"I'll let you know."

Susan got up and locked his office door. She pointed to Dick's big office chair. He went to sit in it. Susan dropped to her knees in front of him, undid his trousers and pulled out his big cock. She was gratified to see that Big Dick lived up to his nickname. It took her about three minutes to get him off. She swallowed all of it. She smiled up at him.

"Just so you have some idea of how things could go. It could be a one off. Or not."

She walked out.

After a suitable discussion of the mechanics of keeping their trysts quiet, the two began separately heading to a motel across town, after work hours. Twice a month or so. When they went to New York, things weren't easy, because others from the team were also there. Richard got a room in another hotel. The two would go there from six to eight or nine, with room service.

Big Dick was very good at sex. Lots of practice. So was Susan. Both were steadily satisfied, even after the initial rush of having a new partner. Dick loved the idea that his skill and equipment had Susan in thrall. Susan loved it when Dick was forceful and made her worship his cock. One thing Susan would not allow was any comment by Dick about Teddie.

After three months, and maybe twelve sessions, plus a few blow jobs, the negotiation was brought to a successful conclusion. Susan was then not working so closely with Dick. And that made it easier to evade detection at work.

Meanwhile, Teddie was having a great time. He had his daughter at home with him, mostly. They had a 'nanny' who was there through the week, for when Teddie had meetings or worked. He and Susan mostly had sex on weekend evenings, and Wednesdays. Both of them were quite satisfied. Susan was still in control but allowed Teddie some face-saving blow jobs. After all, she was getting fucked more than ever.

Little Betty was now four, and in pre-school. Teddie and Susan had lots of fun with her.

Heaven.

Until Teddie's ill-timed trip to Safeway.

AFTER THE CRASH

Teddie didn't move after the crash. He stared. Police had him taken to the hospital. He had to be carried to the ambulance. He was in emergency when Etta arrived. Susan had called her.

Susan was with the cops. Two FPD detectives - Athon, a thirtyish blond woman, and Dickerson, a burly, dark complected man. Susan gave them a statement, on video. She admitted that she was at the motel for sex. She also told the detectives that Teddie had no clue about her affair. They might not have been inclined to believe that, except for the groceries. Especially the ice cream. (It was evidence, and was in a freezer in the basement. Most of it, at least. The blueberry had gone missing.)

After Susan's interview, the detectives consulted the Commonwealth Attorney about possible charges. She instructed them to pull all the security tapes from the motel. That was something they'd already arranged. Late that evening the three watched all of it.

There were six camera angles from the video. Two of them clearly showed Teddie sliding across the seat just before the truck lurched forward. One more showed him blanked out immediately after the crash.

Ellen Patrick, the lawyer, said, "Clearly an accident. I had a case like that when I was defending. Cab driver veered away from a car changing lanes, slid across and hit the gas as the cab went onto the sidewalk. Hit a tree. Unfortunately, he also hit a tourist. We charged negligent homicide. We lost at trial."

Athon said, "We could try for manslaughter. No seat belt."

Dickerson said, "He had an old-style lap belt on when I looked in. It was loose. I believe it was defective from age. I took pictures."

He brought them up on his phone. All of them looked at it. Ellen Patrick saw right away that the anchor by the driver's door was torn away, dangling.

Athon said, "Well, reckless driving, then."

Ellen Patrick said, "We'll just say that we do not believe the crash was intentional, and we're considering how to proceed."

A statement to that effect was sent out minutes later.

Meanwhile, Susan went to the hospital. She saw Etta there.

Etta said, "What did I tell you? Now look!"

Susan was tearing up. "How is he?"

"They gave him something and he's asleep. I...he's never been quite this bad."

Susan said, "I never really understood what he meant when he talked about blanking out. I never saw that."

Etta said, "He hasn't...since he met you. But now....now..."

Susan said, "I'm sorry I messed up, Etta. I was so very careful."

Etta just snorted - an expression of contempt and disgust.

Teddie 'woke up' in the morning. Etta was there in the cubicle. Susan was nearby, asleep in a chair. Teddie stirred.

Etta said, "Teddie. Teddie." He looked at her. He looked around. Then he stared at a schlock painting of the sea that was on the wall.

Etta watched. She said, "Talk, Teddie. Talk to me." But Teddie didn't speak. Etta went for the nurse.

Eventually the ER doctor gave Teddie a shot of something. He became agitated, but still didn't speak. They sent him up to a room. When his lunch came, he ignored it.

Etta said, "Eat! You have to eat, boy."

He picked up half of a tuna sandwich, ate a bite. Then he put it down.

For the next week Teddie was sort of a zombie. He ate some. He walked around, went to the bathroom. Stared at the TV. There was a DVD player and Teddie played a series shows on playing guitar. But he didn't speak, and he blanked out once or twice a day, for a few minutes.

Ellen Patrick dropped by and spoke to the doctors. Then she sat and observed Teddie, with Etta's permission. She put the case on the back burner, until further notice.

Teddie was transferred to a facility. It took a month for him to speak. For the entire time. Susan had only seen him when he slept. She and Etta were afraid of him seeing her. But after a month in the place, they and staff decided to try a meeting.

Susan walked into Teddie's room as he was watching an Eric Clapton concert for the fifth time. She said, "Hello, Teddie."

Teddie looked at her. He started crying. Sobbing. Susan went to him, but he pushed her away. She sat by him on his bed. She said, "I'm so sorry, Teddie. I love you. Betty loves you. She misses you."