Two Different Worlds Ch. 4

Story Info
A new home.
7.8k words
4.89
2.8k
3
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 12/22/2023
Created 12/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We walked back through the forest, both alert and watchful. He kept a close grip on my arm as we continued in pressured silence. My body was beginning to wind down from his invasive touches, and I could feel the affects of the fall. My back ached while I knew I was going to form some gnarly bruises on my legs. Physically I was okay, but my thoughts were wrapping tight around my mind.

The forest was still very much alive, like a pulsing organism, full of energy and life. The rain had stopped, and the animals came alive once more. I could feel the energy coursing through my body, knowing this land will always be my home. In our beliefs, the power of the sun would feed our internal soul, connecting us with the sand and soil. This would give us understanding how we were all apart of the circle of life. From the water that flowed carving rock and soil, to the plants and trees giving us shade and tools to all live in unison, together. This is our interaction between Achad, her divine spirit, that we are commanded to love, be kind, and care for all life on Earth.

My feet were mindlessly being pushed along as the Commander guided my body back toward the main road coming into view of his men. The fallen tree was moved off the main road hanging off the shoulder clearing the path. His soldiers were waiting, casually chatting with each other as they secured the surrounding carriages to make sure there weren't any other unexpected escapes. I could feel his soldiers eyes on me, but I didn't let it faze me. I had a purpose, and I was going to see through it to the end. As I expected, they captured Gilda and Niko, but I didn't see the family. Maybe they made it! I lightly smiled at the thought hoping they could live a better life.

"Well, well, well. Little miss wants to escape." Folie walked toward eyeing me leaning forward. "You can't escape us you ignorant-."

" You don't frighten me." I spat.

"You little bitch-" Folie stated stepping forward.

"Folie, she has been recaptured and will be punished accordingly. Now get back to your position, we will be moving out soon." The commander stated, squeezing my arm, pushing me past Folie's menacingly gaze.

"Oh she will be..." Folie whispered to himself before walking back to the front mumbling to himself.

The commander took out a small cuff key from his front pocket removing the handcuffs from my wrists shoving me into a different carriage where I was the sole occupant. Figures. I moved toward the back of the carriage wanting to be as far as possible from him, rubbing my aching wrists. He leaned against the bars, "You better listen very carefully. If you TRY anything, you won't be punished, but your friends will and I know, that you wouldn't want that to happen. Right?" He looked over at the carriage that held Niko and Gilda "I hope we understand each other." He smiled, but his eyes didn't move. The smile was forced, but his eyes proved he wasn't lying.

It was a long five days. The nights were even longer. I would lay alone in my carriage occasionally thinking of my family, Gilda, Niko, and even commander Zir. Other nights, I didn't think of anything at all. The commander would throw me dried meats and a small roll catching a quick glimpse, but not uttering a word to me. I honestly preferred it that way because I didn't know if I would be able to respond to him.

The sun rays illuminated by Achads touch were giving brilliant color to the passing leaves and rocks showing their every detail promising a new day. I lay down feeling the bumps along the misshapen roads when a small bird rich in earthy browns hops inside, over the wood grain. My eyes follow the little creature hopping on those delicate feet moving to her own sweet birdsong. The song was capturing my mind in a soothing way, reminding me of my love for nature, and life itself. There was so much to be thankful for, especially during times like these. I guess that's why people always turn towards the mysterious powers that shape our world, us, searching for an answer. In a way, this bird was an answer to my-

"Halt!" Yelled commander Zir.

"Praise Zalul! We have arrived!" yelled a soldier.

"Finally." Another said. "My feet were about to fall out of these boots I tell ya."

I turn my head back and the bird was gone. I hoped that wherever the bird decided to fly, she would be free.

I looked through the bars "Oh my god." Their community was completely surrounded by tall cement borders stopping at the base of the mountain with soldiers guarding the various outposts. It was sprawling across the entire landscape like a behemoth. In the center was a large iron gate that was slowly opening to welcome us inside. You could tell they were deeply rooted in their ancient traditions. Their eagle insignia lining their walls wearing their history like a proud badge, their culture speaking volumes of their past and their present. Inside was seriously another world. Traditional cottages adorned the city, lining the paved roads with bustling shops, and busy food vendors selling their best merchandise. The city was a labyrinth of narrow alleys winding their way up and down the city's terrain. There was a lot more life here then I initially thought. Small children were running while their mothers were trying to buy their daily goods, yelling at them to behave.

Some men were wearing long black silken robes with their wives adorned in beautiful rich red dresses. Absolutely breathtaking really. A small blonde woman was following them closely. She was maybe no older then 20, dressed in a simple white dress that flowed freely from her body giving her a simple shape. You could tell she was their slave. Their features gave them away as Zuir but who were they compared to the rest of the people surrounding them? The majority were wearing simple everyday clothing but I could tell some of them weren't Zuir. I could recognize a Druid anywhere. Their fiery red hair and pale skin could be seen across a mountain. So, this is what they meant by a free convert. Traitors to their own people. We were all in cages, mine was just smaller.

People were temporarily pausing their busy agendas to stop and stare at the new captives coming through. Whispering among themselves while others just looked on in silence. Some were cheering at the soldiers, welcoming them, showering them with deep red roses. The regal looking Zuir glanced at each other, pushing along the small blonde girl who refused to look in our direction. Her deep somber eyes telling me everything that I needed to know. I had to hold my hands together to stop from shaking.

We kept moving past the community where the movement of life was diminishing, and a different view came into focus. There was a different air of life over here, somber and quiet. Barren earth where trees and shrubs used to lay, different from the shades of green that lined the community when you first entered. An outline of men could be seen standing in front of our path, in front of these severely reduced quality houses that were going into the mountain.

I could see five men waiting for us. A military man was standing confidently in the middle while the others were wearing those similar black robes standing by his side, silent and unwavering. Uniforms are produced at a mass scale, but you could just tell his uniform was made specifically for him. His black beret tilted to the side while his spotless black uniform was adorned with various medals on both sides of his chest. His left arm held the Zuir eagle insignia while his right shoulder carried various military patches showcasing his victories. I recognized that alkaline nose, and those sharp features from before. That was General Moh, the man who invaded my community.

He steps forward, arms outreached, "son." Commander Zir jumped off his horse, hugging his father. "Let's look at the spoils shall we. We have much that needs to be done here." General Moh smiled at his son before making their way together to the carriages. An elderly man standing to the general's left followed him closely with a writing pad, his black robes trailing behind him.

This was it. Slavery could cage my body, but they could not touch my spirit. My eyes would not be dimmed. There could have been a reality where we lived side by side, worked with each other to benefit the other. There could have been a way to exchange our ways and learn from the errors of others. Instead, the Zuir, this man, paved the way to own our bodies and rate our efforts. They have, and continue to destroy what is around them. Praying to Achad will not be enough, and there will not be a place they could run.

Commander Zir and his father walk to the carriages, inspecting the people inside like we were nothing but farm animals at an auction. I remember when General Moh came to our community. We welcomed him, allowed him our grace, but instead he brought the onslaught of war, killing our fathers and sons, imprisoning those who tried to escape. My gut clenched in hatred, thinking of all the ways I wanted to kill this man.

"Hmmm, you have done well son." General Moh was scanning each carriage looking at every person carefully, pausing his gaze. "These slaves look strong, and will do great work for us."

"Thank you father."

I was attempting to hide as much of myself as possible as they walked toward my carriage moving toward the back away from the bars. "Ah she's pretty. No family? Other sisters maybe?" The general asked looking at his son. "Where is she from?"

"She is Achad. I found the community she was hiding in by the West Mountain Springs." Stated commander Zir, keeping his gaze toward his father.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. "You bastard! You ruined my life! My family might be dead because of you!" I couldn't help it. We were human beings, and he was acting as if we weren't even there. Gilda yells from across. "Shh Ahava. You need to calm

yourself and regain your temper."

"And who are you to think you can talk to the general that way?" The hunched elderly man who had remained behind the general writing his notes decided to be noble, and looked up at the general for affirmation.

The corner of his lips moved up a bit, forming a smile, but his eyes remained cold. " Zir, who is she?" The general had the same commanding eyes as his son, reaching through my gaze.

"We aren't sure, but she definitely holds some kind of authority. All we know is that she is Achad."

"A woman as a leader? Especially of Achad? We have many of them here. Find out what you can, you understand me? I heard of that little escape that occurred and we will be discussing that later."

I turned toward Gilda. There are others. I had to force myself to restrain my excitement from hearing those words. I didn't want them to use the little hope I did have, against me.

The commander clenched his fists, looking down at the ground before he glared in my direction. The general, his father, put his hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"You have done great my son, and you have never failed me. You have faced Zalul, and lived. Find what you need to know and we will convene later today." With that, the General walked away, returning to his convoy, leaving his son to attend his commands.

The various soldiers opened our barred cages, and began shuffling us out one by one forcing us to stand in rows of ten. I was put in the front row with Gilda and Niko on my right side. They looked as tired as they felt. We all did. Gilda was looking around assessing the situation in her mind while Niko was looking at his mother for that reassurance. He was waiting for her to say something, probably anything. We were all unsure of simply everything. Deep breath Cassia, deep breath. The soldiers surrounding us had their weapons out on display occasionally twitching their trigger finger, their eyes going back and forth anticipating one of us to do something stupid.

The commander stepped forward facing all of us, his hands behind his back "Welcome to the main Zuir community. You have arrived in part due to your resistance of change." He walked slowly and deliberately around us. The seriousness of his gaze was like a lion, combined with a confident grace that was unmatched. "We have chased, and we have conquered." He only slightly paused as he passed by me, seeming unfazed. "...thus you will be slaves." He continued as he walked back to the front. "Everything you know will change. You will learn our ways, our way of life, eventually become one of us."

Hushed murmurs swept the forced crowd as a woman began crying. Breath Cassia. We have heard many different things about how they treat their slaves here. Some said they were so abusive in their treatment, if caught, you would rather die of your own accord then go through what they had planned for you. Others said they were pretty respectful and life wasn't so bad. You could stay with your family, had reasonable lodgings, and have a meal on your table every night.

"We believe in a strong community. That comes from strong slaves, thus we want families to stay together. Be healthy." He continued.

"Oh thank you, Achad." Whispered Gilda to Niko. I saw her squeeze his hand and I felt saddened. What did that mean for me? Niko looked over at me and I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Sorry Cassia." Niko whispered, squeezing my hand. My emotions turn jagged and my insides tight. I'm internally crying to reach out to the far image of my mother, my father to take my hand, sit with me, look into my eyes and connect because I feel like I'm falling.

"Obviously, that will be the extent until you prove your loyalty to us, which will happen in time. There will be guards everywhere. They will be armed at all times. Our main tower can see EVERYTHING. " He turned and pointed to the mountain. "We control the entire mountain. Every thought. Every breath. Attempts at escape will be met with severe punishment. Insubordination will be met with severe punishment. Do we understand each other?"

He was met with silence. I could hear the soft whimpers of the woman who was trying to control herself. There were no crickets singing, or the rustling of birds in the surrounding trees. Where was the life? Was Achad truly absent here? The silence grew louder and I could hear my own rhythm of my heart.

"The sun is beginning to set so you will be brought to your housing and assigned your permanent duty tomorrow. A wakeup bell will sound at dusk. Be dressed, be ready." With that, he stepped to the side.

A large, young looking soldier stepped forward from the guarding position next to the commander. "You will follow me in a straight line formation. You will be given your room number which will be your main residence until notified. This is the beginning of your instructions. Lets go!"

And with that, we all began to follow him, likes ants following the veins of a tree. We didn't really have an "official" entrance, but where the grass stopped growing, muddied by dark soil, I assumed that was the start. Made sense. Our homes were under constant shadow. The once white plaster was a peeling grey. The small windows stayed black without the rippling effect of the light with the years of dust could have easily been washed away. The walls were cold to the touch, not offering any solace from the warmth of the sun. They were lined in tight rows pinned so close together, we all essentially shared the same walls. A tall, slender elderly man dressed in jeans and a simple black collard shirt was waiting for us. His eyes were hidden behind the glare of his glasses holding a clipboard.

"Name."

"uh.." I didn't want to give this man anything, especially my name. I knew I didn't have a choice but my name was part of my identity. I didn't want to become an old forgotten number that fades into a distant memory. The old man pushed down his glasses, clearing his throat.

"What is...your name."

"Listen, you tell him yer name, or I'll get it from ya." The soldier stepped forward, his mouth twisting into a disgusting smile of yellow teeth and swollen gums. My legs felt empty and I could feel the rising feeling of nausea from my stomach.

"Cassia...Loir." His eyes peered from under his glasses, his bald and mottled scalp with a sparse fringe of white. His eyes were so heavily lidded and weighed down by wrinkled folds that he looked like he could be asleep. I expected his voice to be old and wavering, but his voice was more like a sergeant, strong and commanding.

"Go right. Your room is number 132. Next!"

The soldier grabbed my upper arm roughly and pushed me toward the right. I looked back meeting Gilda's eyes as she was shoved in the opposite direction. I eventually found room 132, seemingly in the middle of the packed line of small makeshift houses. The numbers were painted on with crooked black paint that looked like they had been peeling for years. The door handle was small and cold as I pushed it open. It was literally the size of a small room. I sighed, slowly walking in. It had a musty odor lit dimly by a short lamp in the corner. The walls were drab shades of grey contrasting the thin white curtains covering the window, offering some privacy. A wooden chair sat in the corner, furnished with an old cushion. There was a small bed with legs made of iron covered in white bed sheets while a small porcelain sink accompanied the wall on the other side. Where was the bathroom? Ugh I wanted to cry out, but to who? Myself? No, I couldn't, wouldn't do that. I needed to find out who else of Achad they were holding here. That was my first step.

"Enjoying your stay?"

The hair on my arms pricked to full attention. My body fully aware who was in my presence. I cautiously turned around and saw the Commander standing in the doorway. His frame was overwhelming the small room, his shoulders expanding past the door frame.

"No, I'm not."

"Shame." As he turned to close the door. "But we, or really you have a problem."

"Oh? And what is that?" I asked tilting my head in confusion. I really didn't want to be in a room alone with this man. A week ago, he touched me so...intimately while I was trying to escape, in the middle of the forest no less. What if one of his soldiers saw us, or even worse Gilda. I felt powerless around him and he new it.

"You appear to be some sort of leader. Someone who might have some...valuable knowledge." He stated, stepping closer. I instinctively stepped back bumping into the small table holding the lamp.

"I was told I need to extract that information at all costs." He turned toward me, his eyes turning dark. I already knew this game. The first to avert their eyes is the loser, and that means the weaker, but at a price. He took off his jacket and threw it on the ground next to him, exposing that same damn black shirt. I could see the different scars patterned on his skin from his various battles that he experienced throughout his life. His tan skin camouflaging some of his oldest imperfections.

"Now we can do it the easy way, or the hard-"

I threw the lamp, just missing his head by mere inches, shattering in endless pieces by the door. He took two giant steps, crowding me against the wall. I stood, looking though him, not lowering my gaze. His fingers gripped my chin hard and pushed my face upward. I gripped the wall looking for stability feeling his hot breath on my lips. I was trying to remind my body to breathe.

"If that's how you want it, fine!"

"No!" I stomped on his foot with all of my weight and he let go abruptly. I shifted out of his reach and kicked behind his knee. He only faltered a little, regaining his balance. His face darkened and seemed to swell up. He exploded at me and launched himself forward. I sidestepped his body and ducked under his arm and bounced up again. He stopped short on stiff legs and whipped back toward me, tackling me on the floor. I grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him so violently that I tore if off his right shoulder, finding it in my hands. He was bare chested, not wearing an undershirt exposing his grizzled hairs on his chest. He let out a rage filled scream grabbing my hair, twisting it within his hand forcing my head up, exposing my neck to him. I tried hitting and slapping any part of him, but it seemed that it wasn't affecting him at all. He grabbed my arm and lifted my body off the ground and onto the bed. I attempted to kick him in the chest, but he twisted his body away grabbing my leg, forcing my body onto my stomach. Oh no, no, no. Shit.