All Comments on 'Two Distinct Endings'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
PraetusPraetusabout 1 year ago

Just waiting for alt ending 2.

Sad but in a way she landed on her feet - she gets her kicks from casual sex and would never be a family person. Good she finally realised that but awful she basically nearly broke a good man to do it it. No real... Karma for her I suppose. Beyond a little sadness.

LimnophileLimnophileabout 1 year ago

A helpful hint for all the untalented and childish failures out there who one-bomb stories: Most of the first 20 votes on most 'Loving Wives' stories are 1. Everybody knows and expects that. There's nothing surprising or exciting about it, and it doesn't even work long-term. After only a few weeks the average scores on decent stories rise above 3, so you're just wasting your time.

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

why the split? pick a lane or at least submit the alternate as its own post

also given her life long dream of a river of never ending cock why was that not foreshadowed at ANY point in the story?

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99about 1 year ago

Story becomes confused with 2 endings Stick with one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yuck!!

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

The solution to what to do after a divorce is apparently become a prostitute, sorry forgive my ignorance it’s actually a high class escort which we all know isn’t prostitution at all (wink wink).

Praetus you will be waiting a long time, this was alt ending 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And what happened to arsehole Eric, he deserves a lot of very painful punishment?

phill1cphill1cabout 1 year ago

nah

Whoring is not so easy or fun.

People who lose everything for an addiction are losers.

hansbwlhansbwlabout 1 year ago

I did not read the second ending, I knew in which direction it would go. This writer is a coward, who does not take a stance. He try to satisfy everybody by covering different views. Be a man and stand for something! My revenge is one *

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

I have read this before. Second posting?

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

I was prepared to dislike one ending but liked both.

TajfaTajfaabout 1 year ago

The second ending was expected but what was the point of all her details at the end? She didn't seem to be all that bothered by what happened. Rather she was pleased with herself for her successful career as a whole. Didn't seem that either of the cheaters suffered much or at all.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

There is really no explanation of why Sara became a cheater. There is no explanation of why she kept her emails with Eric, which any reasonable person would never have sent and would have immediately deleted if received or sent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

too extreme endings for my taste

in one she is so sugary sweet and in the other she is so bent and changed that she becomes a high class escort?!

- The option to read both versions in a row may also be why it's not my thing.-

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it. 5 for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jekyll & Hyde moment at the end was too outlandish. She has lost her soul and has no heart. Can't see fucking lots of guys being her main goal in life, just doesn't connect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. This was almost tailor made to dissatisfy EVERYONE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Meh! Cliches about Christian behaviour that are arse about and down hill from there.

1

KiwihunterKiwihunterabout 1 year ago

Brilliant. I like the way the two alternative endings both ended up with both characters happy and having great lives in both cases. This is the most realistic ending I have read in a long time. Most marriage that end in divorce do so with both parties moving on happily. That's what really happens

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Where is the 2nd ending?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The first ending makes for a decent short story, but it's not really appropriate for this category as it doesn't really cater to either side of the ongoing feud over what belongs here.

The second ending is very much in line with this category and not a bad story. It has it's issues, such as Sara looking at the marks on her body Sunday morning and then Jay not seeing them Sunday afternoon when she disrobes for him. It does a decent job of explaining why she cheated, especially with the epilogue, although it's not necessarily consistent with how she was portrayed earlier in the story.

This is just a personal suggestion, but if you want to write a story with multiple endings, don't put them all in one post. Either include the same intro in both posts and make it clear where the story diverges, or post the common part in one chapter and then post each ending in its own chapter. It is a very good idea to be upfront about the multiple endings like you did with this one. Be honest with the category and tags for each alternate ending as well. Not everybody will want to read each ending, but if you're clear about the choices, they will be more likely to read the one(s) that they will enjoy.

Personally, I have several stories that I haven't decided on which route I'm going to take for the ending and I have one where I don't plan to pick just one and instead I am writing multiple versions of chapter 2. Those options will span multiple categories, so hopefully everybody will be able to find at least one they like.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

Didn't really burn her if she is content and happy while being a million dollar whore. That's hilarious

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 1 year ago

Should have stuck with just the first ending.

The second was pointless.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 1 year ago

I'm in agreement with Scorpio, I have definitely read this story before. It's not a bad tale but why not mention it's a re-post.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Load of crap

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Punctuating Dialogue

.

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

.

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

.

<P>

When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

1st ending was Ok. 2nd ending was stupid. Not a story for me. 2 stars.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Did not enjoy either ending, the first was click and bait for the second ending which was rather ordinary in the telling and its conclusion. I have read better from you in the past.

Scores 2/5 l did not like the tale at all too cliched and troppy for my liking.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

I liked the first one. Wife's personality unexpectedly, and without explanation, went 180 in a narcissistic, cheating, lying slut, who he was lucky to be rid of, although without any revenge at all in your second version. Cheaters should pay.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

Story was ok. No real ‘BTB’. Also I’m curious. No further mention was made of Beth after she was sent to the wayward home for girls. Did she ever reconcile with her parents or Sara? Did Sara’s parents ever find out, condemn her for her current ‘occupation’?

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Not many authors provide multiple endings to a story, and of those who do that, few can do it well.

This is one of the few authors and stories in which it WAS done well !

Overall 5 stars for the tale, although my natural inclination was to enjoy the first ending more, as the love surmounted the predator attack, although Jay's ultimate rejoining his first love in the second ending - a mild BTB - was also satisfying.

Sorry, but no pity for Sara's loss of true love in the 2nd ending, as she threw away her marriage for the memory of a hot cocktail.

Well done in the whole...

FD45FD45about 1 year ago

See the prior commenter. I specifically did not choose this story for the multiple endings as they tend to not do it well.

You will have to decide via view count vs other stories if this observation has any merit.

The only thing which kills views more is swapping categories in a multipart story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm just curious about one item. When she thought she was returning to her husband, had Eric marked her all over like the first time? How did she plan to finesse that a second time?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What’s the moral to the story? It’s good to be a prostitute?

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

The epilogue killed it. I am pretty forgiving but even I was offended that the wife got off so easy. I can't stand most btb stories.

Also, i can't stand ready made replacements. Life is rarely that simplistic

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Nice to read a story where the husband wasn’t an idiot for marrying her.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the first ending. While both stories were well written, in the second ending, something was off. Sara had such a personality switch it felt like she may have had split personalities. It was just too much. Sara's explanation was just so off it didn't sound like the original Sara. Maybe I missed something but that was my reason for only giving it 4-stars instead of 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Judging by the fact that she lifelong fantasy of being able to play with lots and lots of cocks, it can be assumed that Eric was by no means the first.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I missed how she went from being addicted to Eric and into an outright whore. Her claims that she was devoted to Jay proved she had psychological issues. She will soon end up broken and alone. Ending 1 was better by far.

MarkTwineMarkTwine9 months ago

Your stories seem to have no point and you almost never describe the feelings or angst involved in infidelity. They are basically just graphic descriptions of sex for the wanking off crowd. In that case why drag us through the long and boring life story lead ins? I’ll be stopping here and looking for authors whose stories I enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The whole story was a sham! The part where the wife does the right thing was so small taht one could miss it …

The writer has the soft corner for the cheaters…( was he one in real life)….

Stupid story!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ending 2 made no sense. How can a serious, devoted wife turn into a debauched prostitute in a matterof months? Nonsense.

oldtwitoldtwit8 minutes ago

When I got to the end I'd forgotten that it was written as a 2 ender, plot was alright, nothing special or different, as to which I liked the best, I'd have to plump for the second, it had just that little bit of a twist with you making her a whore and loving it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous