Two Friendly Couples Become Close

Story Info
Attractions between couples leads to irresistible temptation.
5.1k words
4.14
24.9k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is intended to entertain those of you who enjoy stories about loving wives who love and are loved and may be a bit naughty without anyone being seriously hurt or being seriously humiliated. If you are only interested in BTB stories or cuckold humiliation stories don't waste your time here as this is neither and was not written for you. Respectful comments and correspondence, critical or otherwise, would be welcome.

This version has been revised since the original publication.

* * * * *

Two Friendly Couples Become Close

* * * * *

Tessa and I have pleasant lives. We are grateful for our generally good fortune.

Tessa is good looking and I believe I am not bad either. We are healthy and fit. I am near average height at about 175 cm (5'10") and Tessa is around 160 (5'4"). We are neither extremely slim nor overweight although Tessa is adequately curvy. To my eyes she has shapely average sized breasts and a sexy backside. She has naturally blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a pretty face which almost always has a happy smile. Tessa is beautiful, although more in a "girl next door" sort of way than the glamorous type. We keep fit by being active. We frequently go to parks or mountains for a day to walk in the bush.

Neither of us was very sexually experienced when we met but when we got to know each other we did enjoy experimenting. The day we married we were still technically virgins but we then quickly found how much fun and pleasure we could give each other with sex. We were not inhibited and had fun trying out activities we discovered by experiment or by reading. We let each other know what we liked. Tessa loved sex, especially when she was happy, which she normally was.

We were not frequent party goers but did enjoy parties, meetings and outings and visits with the friends we acquired through our careers and other activities. Of course, being so attractive, Tessa was frequently hit on. She liked to flirt a little, even sometimes giving a kiss and a hug, but she always managed to cool it down before it went too far. She did it without causing bad feelings on either side. We would joke about it together afterwards. Likewise I occasionally enjoyed a minor flirtation and a kiss and a hug with women we met such as Tessa's girlfriends. We had fantasies which we exchanged but the idea of actually having an affair or sex outside our marriage did not occur to either of us as a real possible part of our way of life.

As a result of successful mid-level careers and not having extravagant tastes we are comfortably off although not wealthy. When our children had grown up and moved off to start their own families we decided we no longer needed our large family home with lots of play space, a residual mortgage and a significant maintenance requirement. We sold up and bought a smaller, more easily maintained house on a smaller block of land, just big enough for the two of us to live in and enjoy our hobbies. Tessa, in particular, enjoyed a small garden which, with my occasional help, was not too big a burden.

* * * * *

Our new house had reasonable privacy on both sides but not at the back. Soon after we moved in we got glimpses of a couple living in the house over our back fence. At first sight they appeared to be of a similar age to us.

One day Tessa and I were working together on our back garden and they came to the fence and spoke to us.

"Hi there! I'm Frank and this is my wife Gail. We saw you move in and wondered when we would meet."

"Oh Hello! I'm Steve and this is Tessa. It's good to meet you too. We did hope we would get to know our neighbours."

After a few minutes of polite conversation Gail looked at Frank and then asked us "Why don't you two drop what you are doing and come in for a cup of tea?"

Tessa looked at me and said "Why not?" so we climbed over the fence and joined them.

That turned out to be the start of what became a close friendship. Like us, Gail and Frank were in their mid-forties. Frank is perhaps a cm (1/2") taller than me and has a healthy shape. He has dark curly hair and a friendly face. Gail is about a cm shorter than Tessa and similarly shapely and attractive. She is a brunette with brown eyes.

They were similar to us in more important ways than appearance. Their children had moved away. They were well educated. Like us they were not fundamentally religious but were socially conscious. Our politics and ethics were similar enough that we could discuss national events without rancour. We liked similar pursuits including gardening, bush walking and discussing our children. We were all keen readers.

Frank and I came to take an interest and a part in each other's hobbies. Gail and Tessa discussed their concerns, went shopping together and amused themselves making fun of us men. Like us, Gail and Frank enjoyed traditional board and card games and so we started joining each other for an evening of games such as Scrabble. We all liked movies and concerts. In particular Frank and Tessa are both film buffs so the four of us would often go out for an evening together.

One problem we had was that the broken down fence between us was almost destroyed by ugly out of control vegetation. We agreed to clear it away and buy a new fence together. We agreed on a gate in the fence to make visiting easier and to provide them with a short cut to our street and us with a short cut to their street.

In short we became close friends spending much time together in each other's homes and elsewhere and giving each other a hand whenever we could be useful.

Sex was not overtly involved in the friendship but it certainly played an unspoken part. Frank, like every other straight male Tessa met, was obviously attracted by her. From time to time he would give her a quick brotherly hug and a kiss which she did not discourage. Gail and I also particularly enjoyed each other's company and we would occasionally exchange a hug and a kiss. In bed Tessa would tease me about the fact that I found Gail sexy and I would tease her making her admit that she thought Frank was pretty hot. None of us had any intention of it going any further.

* * * * *

Then Gail and I upset the apple cart. Frank was away on business. Tessa came back from Gail's house and told me Gail was concerned about a badly leaking tap which was getting worse. I knew we had some spare washers so I took them and a pair of pump pliers over to Gail's house. I didn't bother to change so I was just in my shorts with no shirt. Gail was not dressed for company either having just a shirt and loose pants on and probably no bra. It only took a few minutes to turn her water supply off, undo the tap, replace the broken washer, put the tap back together and turn on the water. We checked it out. The tap was fine and Gail was grateful.

Gail put her arms around me to give me a friendly thankyou kiss and a hug. I put my arms around her to prolong the hug. We leaned back to look at each other. Then, almost without willing it, our faces came together and we kissed again. The kiss didn't stay just friendly. Neither of us was now thinking rationally. I ran my hand up onto her breast and started caressing it through her shirt. She moaned but didn't push my hand away. She said "We shouldn't be doing this, Steve".

I said "I know, Gail. We really shouldn't."

She said "But I don't want you to stop." We didn't.

As we got more and more carried away we got rid of the clothing between us until she was excitedly rubbing her naked pussy against the base of my erect cock.

Gail said between moans "I want you inside me but it would be wrong. We have to stop."

We were almost out of control but I just managed to push myself away and sit up "I desperately want you but for the sake of Tessa and Frank and our friendship we can't go on."

We reluctantly separated and put our clothes back on.

After we had cooled down a little I asked "What are we going to do about this?"

"It can't happen again. I love Frank too much to upset our marriage and I don't want to lose Tessa's friendship."

"Agreed. But it has happened and we can't just forget it. Neither Tessa nor I have ever done anything like this before. We have always been completely open with each other. I will have to confess what happened and hope she will forgive us."

"Frank and I don't have secrets. As nothing like this has happened to us before I don't know what his reaction will be when I tell him."

* * * * *

When I got home Tessa took one look at me and knew something was wrong. "What is the matter? Are you hurt?"

"No."

"Did you have a disagreement with Gail or somebody?"

"No."

"Then why are you so upset?"

"I am too het up to explain now. I'll tell you later."

After dinner I told her we needed to go to bed early. Tessa didn't query me. She just followed me into our bedroom. We undressed and lay side by side. She looked beautiful and sexy. I was horny and erect but felt I couldn't touch her.

She asked "Whatever's the matter?"

"I love you but I have been very naughty and you will be mad with me. After I fixed her tap Gail gave me a hug and a kiss to thank me. Then we started making out. We both got carried away out of control and neither of us wanted to stop."

"Did you fuck?"

"No but we came close."

"Tell me everything from the beginning."

So I told her the whole story.

"Who started it?"

"Neither of us more than the other. Our instincts just took over and we lost control."

"Which of you decided to stop and why?"

"We hesitated at the last moment and both realised what we were doing was wrong and we had to stop, hard though that was. Neither of us wanted to spoil our marriages or our friendship."

"Are you in love with Gail?"

"No. I don't love her the way I love you but I like her very much and I do find her very sexually attractive. Will you forgive me?"

"You shouldn't have done it. I am upset, but, you bastard, your story has made me very horny. Bring that fucking prick of yours over here and fuck me hard. I need a good fucking right now."

Talking like that is quite out of character for Tessa. We made furious, almost angry love and then lay down exhausted. We got to sleep but we both had waking periods worrying about what had happened and what would be the consequences.

* * * * *

In the morning Tessa was silent and stony faced and avoided my eye until after breakfast. I kept out of her way.

Then she grabbed me by the wrist, sat me down, sat herself down opposite me and looked me sternly in the eye. "We are going to have to talk about where we are and what we are going to do about it. Do you expect me to be happy with what has happened?"

"No. I am really sorry. I understand that you are hurt and you might hate me now. I want your forgiveness but know I don't deserve it. I love you deeply and that is what I care about most."

"Do you and Gail expect Frank and me to just forget about what you did and carry on as if nothing has happened?"

"No, but that is up to you and Frank."

"How would you feel if it was the other way round and I had sex with Frank? Would you forgive us?"

"Do you want sex with Frank?"

"Not really. I might be tempted but it is not going to happen. I just want you to understand how I feel. Are you and Gail going to carry on and make love again?"

"No. We might want to but it would not be right. Your and Frank's love of us and our friendship matter too much. Gail and I will just have to be careful in future to avoid situations where we might get carried away again."

"Well I guess for now we just carry on as usual but it will take me time to get used to the situation. I might forgive you but it does change our relationship. My other concern is my friendship with Gail. She is my best friend and one I have come to rely on. To keep that friendship I am going to have to forgive her as well. I wonder how she is feeling."

"I expect that, like me, Gail is feeling guilty and sorry for herself. I know that like us she believes in open communication so she has probably already confessed to Frank. She will be worried about what it might do to her marriage. She values her friendship with you very highly so she will be unhappy about that too."

"I'll leave them alone this morning and go and see her this afternoon. I don't want to lose her as a friend even though I am not happy with what the two of you did. Let's leave the subject for now Steve, and I'll tell you how I am feeling tonight."

* * * * *

That night Tessa told me about her visit to Gail. Gail had been in tears. Tessa had taken Gail in her arms for a hug and told her that she was unhappy about what had happened but she told Gail she still wanted her as a friend. She asked Gail what she had told Frank and what had been Frank's reaction. Gail told her that Frank had been angry but not as angry as she feared. He had said that he didn't like what had happened but to some extent he understood.

For the next few days the four of us continued our usual activities but relations were strained and looking in eyes was avoided.

A few days later I was helping Frank with one of his hobby projects when he said "Gail told me what you and she got up to. I am a bit unhappy with the two of you and jealous. However I can understand how it happened. Gail is a lovely and sensuous woman and she sees you as an unusually attractive guy as well as a friend. I don't think this is going to wreck my marriage to Gail. However for the sake of that and for our continued friendship I hope it won't happen again. Can you understand?"

"I do understand."

"Let's leave it at that."

* * * * *

Over the next few months relationships between the four of us slowly returned to almost normal. Tessa and Gail spent lots of time talking about whatever women find to talk about. We were frequently in and out of each other's houses. Frank and I continued to share some of our activities. The four of us shared meals and evenings out and went on bush walks and picnics together. One thing the four of us shared was a love of walking in scenic bush. We are not super fit long distance hikers but all four are fit enough to enjoy day walks at a moderate pace.

There was clearly still sexual tension in the air. Gail and I remained very fond of each other. We frequently exchanged affectionate glances and sometimes, when it was appropriate, restrained but friendly kisses and hugs. As we had promised, we were careful to avoid situations where we might be tempted to go further.

It was noticeable that when the four of us were together Frank and Tessa tended to end up close together and talking to each other. On our bush walks they would often walk together in deep conversation. Frank would help Tessa over an obstacle and sometimes they would then continue holding hands. One night, after a walk, as we lay in bed cuddling I said to Tessa "You and Frank seemed to be getting very friendly."

She went a bit pink. "I am very fond of him and he is very attractive. I like being with him and I enjoy it when he gives me a friendly kiss and a hug. I'll admit I have fantasies about getting closer to him but we all know we shouldn't."

On one occasion the four of us were at a beach together to swim and sunbathe. Frank and I were sitting together up from the water admiring our wives who were standing together looking out to the water in front of us. They were both in neat swimming costumes which showed off their shapely figures. It seemed to me that Frank had his eyes on Tessa. He turned to me and said "Between us we have the two most gorgeous women I know of. Aren't we the luckiest couple of guys?"

"We sure are! They're both lovely. You know my feelings for Gail and I reckon you have become rather fond of Tessa."

"My love for Gail is solid and I don't want to upset the friendships between the four of us but you're right. Sometimes when Tessa and I are together I find it hard not make advances on her and show her how I feel.

"I know Tessa feels the same way about you. You know I don't think you're making love would be an absolute disaster but she says she won't let it happen."

"I guess that, like you and Gail, Tessa and I just have to make sure we aren't left alone in a situation where our feelings might get out of control."

* * * * *

The four of us discussed what it would be like to spend a holiday in or near a mountainous park where we could go for walks and enjoy living among natural scenery.

One of my other acquaintances had once mentioned that he owned a hideaway holiday cottage which he sometimes rented out. I asked him more about it. It was up in the hinterland in natural forest away from other houses but close enough to walk to a small national park where the cottage's occupants could enjoy the park's features and the designated walks. Alternatively they could explore natural pathways into the forest around the cottage or just sit and enjoy the scenery. It had been built a long time before by the husbands of two sisters whose families used to like to holiday together so it was built to accommodate a number of people.

I told Tessa and Frank and Gail about this and they thought it sounded marvellous so I made arrangements to rent the place for a two week holiday for the four of us.

When we got there it was as good as it had sounded. It was set just a little bit back in the forest so it was not obvious from the road. It was well up above a little stream which flowed to the side of the property and under a bridge in the road.

The house centred round a large sitting and dining room which looked out over the view. There was a bedroom and bathroom suite at each end. The communal kitchen was in the middle at the back with a servery through to the sitting room. There were two large settees in the sitting room, one large enough for four facing a large TV. The whole place was an ideal set up for our purposes.

We spent the next two weeks doing just what we felt like, sometimes alone, sometimes as couples and sometimes all four of us together. We could just sit around the house or outside admiring the view or reading. Sometimes we went for a walk to and in the national park. In the evenings we watched TV, played games or read books.

One warm afternoon we decided to see if we could follow the stream back up into the forest. After a hard push through the bush we came to a rocky pool at the bottom of a small waterfall. We were all feeling rather hot. Tessa said she wished she could have a swim. Frank said that there was nobody around so why shouldn't we. Nobody else spoke up so we all stripped off our shirts and shorts. That left Frank and me in our underpants and Gail and Tessa in bra and panties. We all slipped into the water and started splashing around. Frank and I took particular delight in getting Gail and Tessa soaked but they gave as good as they got. After we had had enough we got out and stood around shaking ourselves to get rid of the excess water. Gail and Tessa's plain bras had become almost see through in the water and so their shapely breasts were clearly outlined, their areolas could be faintly seen and their nipples, erect because of the cold, stood out. Frank and I made it obvious we were enjoying the sight and our smirks only slightly embarrassed the women.

* * * * *

Two nights before we were due to go home the four of us were sitting on the large settee watching TV. I was sitting at one end cuddling Tessa. Next to her was Frank who was cuddling Gail who was at the other end. There was plenty of room so Frank and Tessa were not pressed together.

Next on the TV program was a famous classic film. Being film buffs, Frank and Tessa were very much looking forward to seeing it again. Gail was not so thrilled. She had seen it several times before. She announced she was going to bed to read a book she was keen to finish. She went off to their room. I stayed and watched for about the first half hour but I had also seen the film before and I thought it was rather boring. I said my goodbyes to Frank and went off to our room leaving Tessa alone with Frank. I started reading a book. I could hear the TV going though not loud enough to distract me.

12