All Comments on 'Two Notes, Two Calls'

by Storm62

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
KirkelKirkelover 12 years ago
More accurate than you know.

Two daughters, 24 n 21. Arguments, yeah! Headstrong, double that. Shows me they are independent and can think! I love em and know they do me to. Parenting is not all about keeping them safe, it's about judgment, common sense and acknowledging you aren't always right. It's about looking out for what's in their best interest and unconditional love.

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
Absolutely True

Almost 33 years ago now, but I will remember it always: "the moment that clinched it was when I first held you in my arms and saw your beautiful eyes." Talked to her today, and we'll see her and her husband at Christmas. Still brings tears thinking about that first time.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
INTO EACH LIFE THE RAIN WILL FALL

however, if we have umbrellas and macks we will get by. TK U MLJ LV NV

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 12 years ago
Parenting is about teaching

then right and wrong and instilling in them a good sense of values.

All you can do is to point them in the correct direction and pray you did the job well.

Looking back and at now I think I did well.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10over 12 years ago
If your not a dad...

So you are not dad, well you have the right feel for it. Fathers and daughters have been going at it that way for centuries. My daughter and I have just the relationship that you espoused, and this little vignette. Continue along and I will continue reading.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice Tale

Just shows that the love between father and daughter can never be broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Only 5 stars?

A pity, this story merits more.

McMahonSMcMahonSover 8 years ago
So true

It brought tears to the eyes of this old father of two girls and grand father of three.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
An example of what I like about

your writing...just a glimpse of something enough to say something. Too many write too much when at times it isn't necessary. Scotty

McMahonSMcMahonSalmost 4 years ago
Real Nostalgia

Could only have been penned by a father who has shared the joy of a loving relationship with a daughter as she grew to maturity. The nostalgia evoked will provoke happy memories for (hopefully) all who can recognise what's coming after hearing a conversation beginning: "Daddy Darling..."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStorm62@Storm62
It might look like I came late to writing, but in fact I have been scribbling (and typing!) for a long time now. I've just been reluctant to post any. I began posting my non-sexual stories on my blog site,and this led to me taking the plunge and revealing the darker side of my...