All Comments on 'Two Scents' Worth'

by hapmarried

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

An interesting and well told story, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Why on earth would he want her back? Not only did she cheat on him, but she went out of her way to be as cruel as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You were set up fool.. once the fool I guess always the fool!

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Like it so far but too early to fully rate it.

Thanks ,

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago
Give her a hug then walk away

She can’t be trusted and will do it again. Joel should rebuild his self esteem from what she had said. Take that renewed confidence and go find a better woman

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

After Joel is done telling Jilly to go fuck herself with Ansel's big cock, he needs to call Charlene's husband and warn him what a skank he's married to.

Now he knows that Jilly bitterly regrets what she did, Joel can stop mourning the marriage she destroyed and replace her with a better woman. The best revenge is living well. He won't even think about his slutty first wife when he's replaced her with a younger woman.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Ah, the subliminal power of olfaction on the memory. I'm not so sure Jilly has earned a reconciliation quite

yet, but who knows - maybe she's grown up enough to deserve a second chance at HEA. Thanks for sharing your story.

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byeover 3 years ago

Opportunity knocks to deal with Charlene. She escapes unscathed. Really?

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

She did it once, likely she would do it again - no matter what she thinks in the moment....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Who cares if she regrets it.

Regretting something doesn't make it go away, prisons are full of people who are 'sorry'. A betrayal like that is unforgivable, and I don't mean just the sex. She went out of her way to destroy him like the evil harpy she is under it all. Walk away.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

Ha? He divorced her because she fucked with a bigger cock and insulted him pathetically? And now, after unintentionally hearing a few sentences that were not intended for him, is everything different and over? In which pink country do you live? You are sure to be a fan of Rosamunde Pilcher !!!

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

if you are going to write a cuck story USE the cuck tag

COYSCOYSover 3 years ago
Very good

I enjoyed your flash story. The writing was very good. Original idea for a reconciliation. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"does any of this matter now?"

Lean. Hug. Kiss.

"No, I suppose it doesn't. But it was still nice to hear. You have a good life Jill"

Cut to credits.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Very good and original. 5*****

You are going to get slammed by the BTB crowd, but this was a very original story and it was well written. It deserves higher marks than it's likely to get. Thanks for sharing it.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 3 years ago

A little gem

Simple but powerful.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Great short story. I hope your ending meant that he took the idiot woman back. She seemed sincerely remorseful.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

Never a good idea to go back to the person who hurt you the most in you entire life.

Self esteem, Joel... you obviously need some, if you're going back to such a untrustworthy slut.

Sadly, millions of men are like that - they're not cuck per se, but still do not believe they can do any better than the shanks that dump them. So they would take them back in a second. And yeah - same goes for countless women out there too, taking back worthless bums for some reason.

Anyway, next time Jill stabs him in the back... he will have no one else to blame, but himself then, right? At least, that's a plus, I guess...

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

I think Joel would be a fool to take her back, but at least he can take strength that she now has more regrets than he had.

Besides, it could all be a set up, with Charlene’s latest cock of the week Joel’s customer ...

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Excellent. an accidental meeting where the parties are revealed by cologne and perfume.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Well done!!

Sometimes the bitch doesn't always need to burn. Misogynist's would tend to disagree with that assessment but thats their issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good but unfinished.

I like to KNOW what happened.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Yep...A Fork (or two) in the Road

First, the pessimist. Ample Ansel left town 6 months ago with Sweetie’s money and a younger bitch with bigger tits! Sweetie has enjoyed 3 months of parties and a plethora of peckers, but is ready to have a steady breadwinner without having to worry about STDs and camouflaged sadists. They spot Ex-Hubby going into the grille and make a quick plan. Swallow their line and get roasted a second time, except without her prior urge to confess. Fool me once, shame on you ... fool me twice ...?

But, a sneaky guy might be able to milk that situation for some prime puss!

Next, the optimist. Neither woman knows ex-Hubby is there, and every word is absolutely heartfelt. She has had a wake-up call, misses his good qualities and regrets her actions, especially exaggerating her reactions to Ansel’s big dong. Since he still misses her and has not gotten past it, there is little down side for trying some reconciliation. Wedding next week? I would not think so, and Sweetie’s ‘private’ words suggest neither would she. Family Counseling could be designed to identify assumptions, misunderstandings and grievances that could interfere with reintegration and maintenance. Preferably before any intimacies would be considered.

If the second fork assumption is managed well (with the first fork possibility kept in reserve) each member of the former couple could end up happier than they currently seem to be!

5*. As others have noted, this is an interesting take on this playground!

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Very good

Hind site is 20/20 and good to hear she regrets what she did but it's still cheating and degrading and hurt full. Can she ever be believed or trusted? Can you gamble your happiness on someone that had betrayed you before. How much are you willing to lose? I might want to try but don't think I could. Good story FIVE*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"... and the way he spent every spare minute and every spare dime trying to make me happy."

You summed up the entire problem with their marriage in that one phrase. He made her feel entitled, fed her greed, and enabled her selfish arrogance to explore her lust. He got what he married, and facilitated.

In their second attempt at marriage you might as well flip a coin. She'll soon figure out that he's still her slavish puppy dog, and she will shit all over him if it suits her. And he will deserve it, again.

Another SNAG (sensitive new age guy) headed for the tar pits. Darwin, and Ansel, are laughing. Lets hope they never pollute the gene pool.

Thanks for the effort.

P.S. What does adultery smell like?

luedonluedonover 3 years ago

A sweet finish

.

I liked it. We all make mistakes. Sometimes you can be lucky and even a mistake that others wouldn't forgive doesn't become life-destroying.

HapMarried, I thought you did a good job on this one; nicely constructed, well written, and just a little bit different from the usual LW story.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I wonder...

I wonder if she said that knowing he was there? He should just say "thank you for the kind words but you are right. I don't believe your apology and I would never know which is the real Jilly and when she would once again cheat. Good bye".

And then he needs to call Shawn about Michael.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

nicely done. A different kind of LW story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

@lujon2019, if you are going to write a stupid comment just don't, stay away.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Nice hope

Sorry. He didn’t learn. Once a cheater......

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bebop3 said it for me.

Not happening after the way she put him down

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I wish i could give this a 1/2 star or better yet a 1/4 star for that shity storyline and ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"I'd never take him back,..."

Good story! Clever premise! I'm pretty sure LW has already been graced by this story before.

So very many comments treat LW stories as if the characters were real people with real stakes in the "game". I think it's partly because LIT readers, in spite of so many protestations about bad writing, unrealistic legal issues, and poor decision making by writers as well as fictional characters, do their best to "suspend disbelief" and identify with characters as they read. I think many of the harsh/bitter comments illustrate how devastatingly painful the real life actions of cheating spouses are to the wronged members of a relationship . That said, I'm going to plunge in and make the same kind of comment.

Jilly told her BFF she'd not take Joel back if he'd purposefully said the sorts of intentionally hurtful things she had said to him. THAT is what Joel needs most to fear about re-committing to Jilly. I suppose it's very possible that a cheater could "learn their lesson" and become a loving faithful partner for the rest of their life. "Once a cheater,..." is not absolute fact. What IS absolute fact, is that the basic underpinnings of a person 's personality are highly stable and durable. If Jilly's led her to be purposefully hurtful to someone she had truly loved for some years, then Joel should be really careful about reconcilliation. Perhaps a pre-nup that would require her to turn over all her retirement assets and then blow him on the corner of Broadway and Main at lunchtime for a week, should she cheat again....?

HikingThruHikingThruabout 3 years ago

...xxxxx, the bar lizard who swept her off her feet during a series of girls' nights out that Charlene had organized?"

Have 21 words every summed up ~5,000 LW stories any better? Every word tells; that's good writing.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

not terrible.

a woman who intentionally hurts her husband, pushes him, makes him lose all confidence ?? That's the love he seeks.

Rather, it shows a true face.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 3 years ago

Hallmark moment. But very well done thanks.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great. This may be the first time Lie and I have ever agreed on a LW story. Pretty unhappy little fling for her I assume.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

So lets recap - the cuck took her back, and has no problem letting her be friends with another whore ALSO cheating on her own husband?

Cucks like him deserve his pain because this time he is volunteering for it

and just like women who stay with abusive men, I just cant feel sorry for vollenteers

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 3 years ago

More great writing from hapmarried but too Hallmarky for my taste. One overheard conversation between the architects of his devastation should not a reconciliation make. He had no body language clues to go by and no knowledge of what actually transpired between the ex and her lover. He didn’t even hear all of the exchange between the two women. He’s still the safe, boring guy she betrayed and savaged and she’s still the same woman who betrayed and savaged him for being safe and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

Lean the other way to avoid a hug, say nothing turn a walk away, wave over the back and say bye!

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 3 years ago

Sounds like a setup, the mysterious client not showing up was probably them. He should have run for the hills and calledl Charlene's husband and told him about Mike...

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 3 years ago

Premise is interesting but you know, I've never liked Saccharine.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
She blindsides him

Then insults him some more with chat about how big her new love is and still 18 months later he says he still loves her

Too unbelievable for words.

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 3 years ago

"FINISH THE DAMN STORY"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

more crap , you have to be kidding / ever have person you where dating tell you she's found somebody else to fuck "What would you do " think ( Tell her to go F-H-S ) Can you possible imagine taking her back ?

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

reading acple of your stories and same unfinished ending for the readers to guess or use their imagination.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manalmost 3 years ago

The original idea is a good one. A separated couple who, irony of fate, end up very close, where the ex-husband recognizes her by the perfume, and spontaneously listens to the conversation of his traitorous ex-wife, with an equally slutty friend. He listens to his ex-wife's confession and "conscience pain" about the shit he did while cheating on her husband and relating to an idiot, just for the frisson of a big cock. Although 18 months have passed, he is weak because he has not been able to overcome the feelings he had for his ex. After everything was over, where he almost allowed himself to take her in his arms and kiss her, his fear or reason prevented him from doing so. Which in my opinion would be a huge mistake, since she did not consider everything she said to her friend at the time, before committing her act of betrayal and cutting the poor husband's heart. He calms down, waiting a while to make sure they are gone, and leaves. He was not in the mood to have his meal, not even stirred. On leaving, for another irony, she who had felt her colony, waited to be sure it was him. And his argument is understood as a request for forgiveness and reconciliation. The author leaves it to the reader's imagination to take charge of the ending, as in many films, where the viewer's mental journey takes him where his personality, character and feelings guide him. An interesting read. A different approach where it leaves possibilities for a late BTB, a RAAC or simply the indifferent behavior of the betrayed husband. Which, due to the character's profile, I believe that the latter does not fit. Three to four stars. Short text, easy to read and in my view pleasant. For those who allow themselves to read my comments, you know that I am not extreme BTB. But RAAC, for the most part, is not my thing when it comes to deliberate and planned betrayals. Not that I accept accidental ones, but I do believe that if it is planned, it involves total disrespect and lack of empathy for the partner. But it is just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

CRAP ENDING WITH A DESPERATE MAN BACK WITH THE CHEATING SLUT WIFE TILL SHE FINDS A BIGGER DICK.....NOT WORTH READING

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

all ur stories r crap.....u must be a real wimp

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

I really liked it. I felt it had a lot emotion and character understanding for such a compact story

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

2 stars

Great intro and middle, but poor ending. RAAC is not my thing, except for extreme conditions. This was planned infidelity and she made sure to burn her bridges when she left him. NO second chances - she would be out the door with the next smooth operator to come along - throw her to the curb.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 3 years ago

Original -- I like original. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just no. She chose to be cruel and if he takes her back she'll do it again. She belongs in the streets. He also needs to tell her friend's husband about Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

needs an ending

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"But the thrill was in being naughty. Being the dirty girl. Feeling the power of keeping a devastating secret. Seeing Joel, who was always so very perceptive, being clueless about his wife's cheating." Good diagnosis of the <em>ressentiment</em> that afflicts bored, comfortable, safe, and self-centered people in marriage. As far as the ending? Life ain't a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He needs to tell Mike and tell her to break up her friendship obviously there no regret. Or he blackmail her friend into convincing her husband to have a 3some with a hooker or something to even it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a waste of 3 minutes reading. Somehow, an ex husband overhears wifey being contrite, and they all the cheating and emasculating mean nothing? This story could have been much more, if the author had taken the time to develop it, and fill in a lot more of the back story. As it is, it’s a one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. I have lived a long life. Dated a lot of different women prior to getting married. Two rules that have served me well-

1. If a relationship ends, either by your instigating or hers, you never allow her back in your life. You move on, permanently. She is water, under the bridge. Make this fact apparent to your friends, and family as well.

2. If you buy a new car, and it’s a lemon, or the factory will not extend warranties on obvious defects, or stand behind their product, you never buy that brand again.

Both of these rules have minimized stress in my life. Feel free, to adopt them.

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

This bloke is a moron⭐️⭐️

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Not a bad story, but on second read, I feel less hope for Jilly.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

An interesting tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Charlene skates......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ahhh dude, way to easy. I'd make her wait a lot longer then that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No. burn her and her friend. Sorry i can't believe the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You can enjoy that "big dick" and "throw yourself at your cuckolded husband's mercy" later to win him back. Life is beautiful, isn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

and so the burnt fool's finger goes wobbling back to the fire

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

To be a cuck??? RAAC=CUCK!!!

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

"Well, Jilly... If you're sincere about loving me and wanting to get back together...?"

"Yes, of course I am."

"Then all you have to do is tell Shawn about Charlene and Mike."

[Stunned look] "But... but she's my best friend..."

"Who helped you tank your marriage. If you don't want to do it, don't..." And he starts to walk away...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think she planned it all to get him back. She had her fun and now wants Mr. Safe again.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Agree with Ambivalence!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

PLEASE FOLLOW UP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well that was an real opportunity to get revenge on her friend

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fool. Walk away or get fucked over again

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This needs more; good start, and don't know if it should be a raac, but it needs more

DrprepDrprepover 1 year ago

Another very good story from this talented writer.

Regardless of a myriad of possible endings to this tale, I am for anything that delivers a Will Smith slap to Charlene. (Apologies for recalling a cuck and pussy-whipped denizen of Fantasyland to illustrate my point).

Xavier3737Xavier3737over 1 year ago

"Goodbye Jilly" and walk away...

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Also incomplete prose. Assumptions leave much to much for the imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a stupid cucked wimp.... walks back into the spiders parlour! Wife has her fun... fucks big dick.. gives a shaft to the wimp hubby... ! And now that she had her fun... he spreads his legs and takes her back! Can it get wimpier then this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@ anon, stupid cucked wimp? He didn't get back with her, he didn't not get back with her the story just ends

As for the writer, finish you gd stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nope how you reconcile with a moron

StubbyoneStubbyone11 months ago

Incredible 3 for 3. Another 5-for writing. You have some serious writing skills. I love your style. Please keep on writing. Your level of ability is rare.5-😊😊😊😊😊’s

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The girlfriend of the so-called 'wife' was the original problem, and appears to have gotten off scot-free. That is wrong in so many ways. (And yes, fans, there is a wrong and right in the world, no matter how hard you want to pretend there isn't...) One or both of the MCs would have to see that she was burned for this to be any good.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Really good story.

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

The girlfriend was not the original problem. The wife could say no. She was a bad influence and not a good friend, and certainly lacked morals herself. But the problem lies with the lady who chose to cheat.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

Sorry, too Hollywood Rom-Com.

Pinto931Pinto9317 months ago

Crappy Hallmark ending to what could have been a good story.

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

Then he turned and walked away.

Hardday1953Hardday19535 months ago

Good, don't listen to those who do not write. A couple of years ago I tried writing, oh the mistakes! It took years of hard work to improve my skills. You, my friend, have talent.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Jilly: "But the thrill was in being naughty. Being the dirty girl. Feeling the power of keeping a devastating secret. Seeing Joel, who was always so very perceptive, being clueless about his wife's cheating. God, I hate that word, cheating. I'd never done it before. I realized too late that the thrill and my fascination with the size of Ansel's dick wouldn't last." She paused. "The truth was that I couldn't really feel any difference. I just said things trying to drive Joel away. To make it easier for me to play." Long pause. "And I suppose it made it so much worse for Joel."

===> and that is why Jilly shouldn't have nice things. Her malice upon her "confession" destroys any reasonable.chwnce at reconciliation. Ending was cheesy and lackluster. Author's worst story. Even Jilly knew reconciliation was not just unwarranted but inconceivable as she thoroughly torched her marriage in lying to Joel so she could be free to play with the lounge lizard Ansel and his bigger penis, despite it not feeling much different. Sorry but this is a silly RAAC. Was well written until the deus ex machina Hallmark ending. Sigh.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0353 months ago

Good, almost great but I like a definite ending.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil473 months ago

I really don't know how the non writers below have the nerve to criticise any story that is published here for FREE. Guess what, you can't get your money back. Thank you hapmarried, shame you stopped writing on this site. Hope you are fit and healthy in these still difficult times. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He took the cheater back, that ruined the story, she slept around got tired of it and now wants to settle down, no its too late he deserves someone faithful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yuk!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous