Two Southern Gentlemen Ch. 01

Story Info
Introducing Jesse, a smart teenager bullied at school.
1.4k words
4.07
16.6k
10

Part 1 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/27/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
htausten
htausten
47 Followers

Content/trigger warning: This story contains bullying, homophobic language, and non-consensual sexual acts, but they are integral to the plot and character development so please take them in context.

1. JESSE

The dead grass is limp and soft under my bare feet, and I hum a little to myself despite the crippling summer heat. Crippling summer humidity, I correct myself: it's the humidity that makes the Southern summer so unbearable, not the heat. Eight months, eighteen years, or even eighty, I don't think anyone ever really gets used to it, but I suppose at eighteen years and a native "Georgia peach" from birth I'm about as used to it as anyone ever could be.

I reckon the heat would be just bearable if you were somehow able to scuttle like a beetle from air-conditioned home to vehicle to building back to vehicle back to home without time in between locales to let the heat crush you like an endlessly increasing ball of winter coats suffocating you for eternity in hell. But hardly anyone around here can afford anything like that level of air conditioning. Pretty much just the mayor, the town doctor, and the town's only defense lawyer. Everyone else makes do with a cheap plastic convenience store fan in the living room and one in the kitchen, and windows open to catch any hint of a breeze.

My humming shifts to a bit of a grumble when I remember that the reason I wasn't able to get out earlier before the worst of the heat/humidity is because Maebelle and Lissa would not stop fighting over that damn dolly. By rights it is Maebelle's since Ms. Lucille, our neighbor, gave it to her last Christmas, but she never knows where it is because she leaves it lying around any time she's playing with it and gets distracted by something else - which is often, as that girl has the attention span of a fly. Lissa is obsessed with that doll and hunts high and low for it every morning as soon as she wakes up and hosts elaborate tea parties with it, and play dates, and superhero escapades, and I don't know what else. So in terms of buckets of TLC lavished on it Lissa definitely deserves it more than Maebelle. As I walk I think that there must be actually quite a large percentage of the world's population who have not heard the sound of two young children screaming in perfect stereo, one directly in their left ear and the other directly in their right, particularly as they're being held apart, one with a body's left hand and the other with a body's right, so that they don't rip each other to shreds like rabid dogs.

Anyway, I squint at the dim cracked screen of my ancient hand-me-down phone and see that it's just about noon, so it could be worse I suppose. A good four hours before I have to be back. My cut-off jeans and faded t-shirt were soaked through with sweat about a second after I started walking to the lake, and my drawstring bag on my back not long after that. I have to remind myself for the umpteenth time that I won't cut my curly black hair any shorter than it is because I refuse to look like them, even if it would be a bit cooler shorter, and besides, I'm almost there anyway. These last ten minutes to the lake I swear I'm continually wiping the sweat that drips off my face with my soaked shirt, which I've taken off by that point, but the sweat is pouring down so much that drops catch on my glasses anyway and I have stop occasionally to try to wipe them off. Lord, oh Lordy, is it HOT.

Finally, I'm there, and it's only a matter of seconds before I'm down flat like a marine and wriggling through the undergrowth, pushing my bag ahead of me. The lake is always crowded during the summer (crowded is an underestatement), but Blue had gone chasing a possum early in the summer and we'd found this little hidden spot weeks ago. Just a few seconds more and finally I'm standing, brushing off dead grass and leaves and surveying my little bit of paradise.

I guess you'd call it a cove. It's covered on all sides by long marsh grass and fallen trees, except for a sunken bit in the middle. It's perfect. I couldn't have designed a better spot if I'd tried, and when I first saw it I literally almost sunk down to my knees and thanked the Lord. Surely He must have seen me, recognized all I had to do for my family, all I'd suffered through at school, and pitied me, to provide me this place.

I mentally tally up its perfections like I've done so many times before as I quickly shrug off my bag and my threadbare cut-offs and briefs and dump my glasses onto the ground. Not that wide in terms of how far away the far end is from the shore, but long enough to get a good swim in end to end. Perfectly hidden from the rest of the lake and from the nearest bit of dirt road. Away from my daddy. Away from all the little ones grabbing at me and fussing with everything and getting into everything all the time. Water not cool really, but a damn sight better than sitting roasting like a Christmas turkey in that noisy house or trying to hide away in a dusty field somewhere or under a scraggly tree.

The first thing I always do is I run up the log that I've pushed so that it juts out of the water at an angle and dive into the water. It took a lot of effort to get that log in the right place, but diving off of it is a real treat. I can't help chuckling to myself at the eyeful of my bare ass that the Lord Almighty (and thankfully only Him) must be getting, and I'm sure that He sees how much I delight in and appreciate His gift. I do a couple of long laps the long way across the little pool feeling the muscles in my arms and legs loosen up as they work, feeling my mind relax for the first time all week, then I flip over on to my back and just drift away.

It's so quiet, so relaxing... Away from all those shitty assholes at school. No, don't think about them... Don't think about him, that King Asshole, that prick. Two more months of freedom from school and from him and his crew. No, don't think about anything at all...

Just focus on that bit of blue cloudless sky...

The rim of tangled up wild vegetation visible on one side as I gaze upwards.

Warm water cradling my naked skin, supporting me, keeping me afloat,

keeping me from all the weight trying to pull me under.

I lose track of time. When I come to it's a wonder that I haven't drowned myself, I've paid that little attention to floating. Is it possible to fall asleep while you're floating? I wonder as I quickly swim back to shore and get out (doesn't take long since, like I said, the cove is long but not that wide). I don't even bother to bring a towel anymore, so I just lie down naked on my sweaty clothes. For a minute or so I'm actually feeling a bit cool, but the humidity quickly envelops me once again and I'm sweating even before I've had a chance to get dry. With a sigh I unfurl my lanky body (still growing apparently), grab my book and my apple, and enjoy my book just as much as I'd hoped.

The shade of the trees makes my spot perfect for getting out of the sun, even though it doesn't do much to counteract that damn humidity. I flip another page and at some point realize I've been holding an apple core in my hand for minutes and toss it away into the brush. With a coonhound-like yawn I stretch and blink sleepily.

Perfectly hidden, I think with satisfaction once more. And best of all, it's completely private... perfect... my little bit of paradise... My stray thoughts drift away like dandelion seeds in the wind... and I drift off with them to slumberland...

htausten
htausten
47 Followers