All Comments on 'Unavoidably Delayed'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
silentsoundsilentsoundabout 1 year ago

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Full marks!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I loved the last sentence! I'm Nick didn't fully cave to Nora.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For some reason it reads for me like an excerpt from an much longer story?

Undecided how to rate this because of that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice blow at the end. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written and enjoyable as your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why the fuck there is a need for conversations that led to bed time events. Betas..

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

Great story!!!

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

A really well told story with all the right consequences. But why would a man who was cuckolded for over 20 years by his ex-wife who planted a child on him that isn't his, why would a man ever want to have anything to do with a slut like that again? Incomprehensible to me! I wouldn't even look at her with my ass!

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

So she got some of the marital assets? Why give it to her? If he went as far as to burn his house down and take all the money and her car and allegedly turn it all into cash. Why not go for broke and skip town. There is nothing holding him there. A adulterous spouse, a unfilial child that was not his. A community, friends and family that now knows his shame. Nahh at that stage of the game after airing all the dirty laundry out there for all to see and hear, and him getting any all funds together he should have just skidsddle to parts unknown. Preferable where no local law can compel him to honor any prior legal claim.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

Cute ending, but the opening was just over the top. You can't love a daughter for 18 years and turn your back on her unless you never really loved her to begin with. They can disappoint you, disrespect you and turn their back on you, but just like the George Straight's song "A Fathers Love", we fathers love our children.

“Let me tell you a secret, about a father’s love

A secret that my daddy said was just between us

You see daddies don’t just love their children every now and then

It’s a love without end, amen, it’s a love without end, amen”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story seemed to be a set-up for the final scene, which was clever, but not entirely surprising. Not a lot of character development or emotion, just the author riffing on an idea. Reading the story was like eating cotton candy…a tasty treat, but ultimately not satisfying.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Liked it! I think maybe I would have gotten a blow job on the couch and then sent her upstairs. Thanks for sharing.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

I think the last line is the PERFECT ending to this quick - but enjoyable - BTB tale.

Definitely 5 stars for this one... a classic revenge tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stupid story that shows only assholes and that author knows nothing about the law -- or even that one should proof read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Would not even speak to the slut. 4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You saved it at the very end, thought maybe you'd lost your marbles! Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I gotta ask, does even seeing a woman set you off? Like, how close are you incels to having public meltdowns at any given moment? I need to know for science.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hell Yeah!!! That's what I'm talking about!! 4****

IbeSteveIbeSteveabout 1 year ago

I loved the ending. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

You had me worried! The sad thing about this story is that I am certain there are wives like this and even a few daughters. One problem - I don't understand why he did any time for burning down his own house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmabout 1 year ago

This was weird. Like you were just retelling a story you heard about in passing, and now blanked on the details. This whole story was just bulletpoints without emotions or depth, no thought processes for any character, and no descriptions of impressions or happenings outside the husbands perception-range.

Also, every character took everything in stride, without ever really reacting to it. Daughter's wedding ruined? At least we no longer have to sneak around. House burned down? Well, let's just get a hotel room. Bank account emptied and credit cards cancelled? Just borrow some money, no problem.

And I don't know in which country this was supposed to happen in, but I don't think that's how court proceedings look like in any country.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was involved in an arson case where the husband burned the house down. Their insurance did not pay him his portion for the loss. However the court did have the insurance pay the wife her portion, 50%. She did not commit the arson so they could not deny her. Also if there is a mortgage the insurance will pay them the payoff of the loan whether it was arson or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very funny!

ribnitinribnitinabout 1 year ago

Good, but not your usual great

boatbummboatbummabout 1 year ago
Great Punch Line!

Thanks! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was so rushed and abrupt, it felt more like an outline than a story. Sadly, the outline is flawed to the point I wouldn't recommend taking the time to flesh it out into a full story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short, well-paced, has fine characters and finished with a perfect ending. Five pointy ones!

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Why would he ever speak to her again? D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unless the bride/daughter herself cheated ruining her wedding was wrong. You all are so full of hate it's sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just for that ending 5 stars, stories been done before but loved the ending

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 1 year ago

Good story with one huge hole in it … it is not criminal to burn your own property, so long as you don’t try to defraud an insurance company by filing a fraudulent claim. Was a 5 story, but with that glaring hole … 4/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

I had it at 5* until the last paragraph. The ending didn’t make any sense unless we were to believe the entire sequence of meeting for months was just a setup. 4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"Mr. Conlan, are you aware you are establishing motive for your client?" - Establishing motive isn't the same thing as proving guilt.

\

"Not until the trial like everyone else." - That's bullshit! The trial was after the wedding, and the recording with hr talking about BOTH of her fathers was made before the wedding.

\

"What tape?" - Wasn't she at the trial?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good one especially with the note at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A tepid casserole of warmed over plot elements, unseasoned by any lifelike characters. You can do better.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 1 year ago

Ahh Skippy47 you never fail to surprise. The ending is definetly 5* material.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

It's not awful but she suffered no punishment whatsoever other than minor embarrassment. 4 stars, and even that for him getting money from the asshole and not paying for his whore "daughter's" college, otherwise would have been 3 stars.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

20+ years of infidelity is so unforgiveable that any communications between the husband and wife or father and supposed daughter are totally unbelievable. The entire premise of continued communications after finding out about the long term affair is ridiculous. The cheater reconciling with his wife is almost as preposterous. I think burning down your own house, for profit or not, is illegal. Another story with no likeable characters.

VersatekVersatekabout 1 year ago

Was 4* until the last line. That made it a 5*.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

Good story! 5 BIG ONES!

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

Piss off the X and leave her alone in your house?? Unwise

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 1 year ago

That trial dialogue was laughable. The ending was kinda cute. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Didn’t like it. Another mean-spirited story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If the wife didn't have any property interest in the house, and he removed all her personal property from the house, what was the point of burning his own house down? And why was Gordon not living in a wheel chair and shitting into a plastic bag by now? A decent plot, but awkward and clumsily executed. Still, thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Skip is a master of the great ending. That was a good one.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 year ago

I liked the surprise ending. There was no need to take her back.

SPARTAN047SPARTAN047about 1 year ago

Haha, good ending.

lukeey90lukeey90about 1 year ago

Nice punch in the end..but what the fuck was he doing back with her.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

The court case didn’t work.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

It was correctly a BTB story, but far too over the top stupid

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Unavoidably detained, very good! 5 stars

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

The ending was hilarious

But I felt that the story most part lacked emotion

it seems like the characters were cardboards

Regardless, nice one Skippy47.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

The ending was a classic

Scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stupid

tarl009tarl009about 1 year ago

LOL. Love the last line.

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 1 year ago

Funny thing is if he had canceled his insurance and the home was far enough away from other structures such that it would be reasonable to assume no other structures would catch on fire then the crime he would be charged with would be fairly minimal.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 1 year ago

The ending saved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

- 20 year marriage or 22 years? You've said both.

- He already filed for divorce against Nora. What was Nora filing, too?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You ruined it with him being friendly with her. And just 250k? Seems like a low ball offer, barelly over 15k a year, child support alone can be more than that, not to mention all incidentals, medical costs, time, and the psychological impact.

I get now why scorched earth was in quotations, it's not just dialogue it's also sarcasm.

1 star.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

The ending where they appeared to be friends was BS and made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great ending. Five stars

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOd12 months ago

And..........what????

Lowrider2020Lowrider202011 months ago

What a great closing line, good story,

usaretusaret9 months ago

Loved the punch line ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Meh. Three stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The last line says it all for both mother and not daughter.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Damn bro. His woman fucking another dude for TWENTY years then forcing him to raise that other man's child...

Nora is in the top 10 most heinous wives of LW

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ok, but didn't get an ending regret/response from his disrespectful daughter.

pjpbpjpb6 months ago

4/5

Overall OK but all 'IN A COFFE SHOP' obsolete and damages posotive overall story quality. Why would husband spend long hours over months just to leave 'go fuck yourself' message?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

He was a fool he burned his own house. He won his law suit he could have screwed up both of their lives he handled his daughter well she will be back as soon as her husband dumps her and he will. Think about it.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Skip UDABEST!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

These characters are not people. They are robots. Melodrama abounds in this story, but not much genuine human emotion. Real humans don’t converse this way nor behave like this.

Ocker53Ocker533 months ago

Your really going to have coffee with someone every week who cheated on you for 20 plus years, really?⭐️⭐️

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 months ago

[Chuckle]

Loved that last line!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I agree with myself seven months ago. Meh. Three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Love the ending. 5 stars DMW aka Sumnut96

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous