All Comments on 'Uncapped'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pitiful

Illiterate racist shit and an insult to black women.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Classic JB44

Love that Louisiana flavor. Sad tale with a ‘Happy Ever After’. As always, thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic

Absolutely fantastic!! I just love your stories. Thanks for sharing.

dinkymacdinkymacover 4 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing. *****

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 4 years ago
Drug Addiction and Betrayal Biomorphed Organically into Gripping Short Story

Tough but very worthy read because of unflinching portrayal of drug addled wife. In real life, there very rarely is an Age character to cushion the pain of a betrayed husband. I understand, however, why JimBob44 chose to insert her balming persona to ease the reader through harrowing events. Excellent character depictions and roles that ran the gamut and gauntlet of trial(s) by fire.

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice!

I wish it had ended a little better, but for what it was, I really liked it. Even though I don't condone infidelity, the reason for his unfaithfulness was pretty much warranted, which made it bearable. How Michelle got angry at Bobby for wanting to do basically the same thing she would be doing (and turned out she had been doing it for several months) really made no sense. I actually had a friend from New Orleans who was EXACTLY LIKE THAT!!!

Michelle's death kinda caught me off guard too. It was so abrupt and sudden, that when it happened, my jaw dropped, and I was kind of like, "Okay, what the hell just happened?" Not really surprised that it happened, but more surprised at the suddenness of it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had already read one of your other stories months ago: "Good Catholic Girl". I really loved that one too. This was a good one, though the dialect is still a bit hard to follow. I'm about to read another. You do good work! Keep it up! Write in good health!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice.

Well done. 5*.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
Nicely Done

Very good story, with that great Cajun flavor. Thank you!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Well told story

Well done story of real life now. Change the names and towns, this could be anywhere. Poignant, with the usual color and applicable humor.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
True grit

JB44 dishes the grit in heaping portions. I'm beginning to like the Cajun vernacular, too, and the subtle way that goodness insinuates itself into otherwise dreary stories. Let's give thanks that people like Age really exist, children get cared for, and broken things get fixed. A very Catholic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
As usual......

ALL JimBob44's stories are to my mind, great.. I look forward to more of them....keep writing for our delectation!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
liked it!

always a good read from this author.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
What a great story!

It took me a minute or two before I realized the English dialect you were using. It really made my day.!

muncher354muncher354over 4 years ago
Meh

Incredibly boring characters and story. not one of your better ones Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story

The author shows great understanding of drug addiction and how hopeless it is to all concerned. Mus have had some exposure to drug addiction to show this understanding.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago

Needs more than spell check. Try reading it.

I also realise speech needs to sound authentic, but it also needs to be understandable. Spell check didn't fix that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks JB.

Yet another enjoyable reads. I hope you don't take it as an insult when I say that your stories don't tend to be stroke fiction for me, but something more akin to a good book shrunk down into a bite sized bit. And thanks for contributing to this flavour of interracial stories, it can be awful hard to find sweet romance with a white guy and a black girl. Same goes for asian or mexican really. Have a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I have had positive personal reactions to every submission of yours...

...I’ve had the chance to read.

I’m personally glad that you write to please yourself and invite us along for the ride.

The trick in life, is to be grateful to have been able to get on the bus at all.....

Many of your lead characters have a quiet dignity about them.

I’m still trying to figure out how you do it, but I for one have come to like some of these characters and see them as friends I might join on one of the local bowling teams. Your stories have enough excitement to keep the motors warm, but are plenty enough story to engage the child in us that enjoys a good story for the escape into another reality it offers. Please continue.

KayaknhKayaknhover 4 years ago
Another good one

Enjoyed it thoroughly. I love when you have adults that banter and tease, with love, the kids.

And I love the dialect. Slows my reading down but worth it to immerse myself in the story.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 4 years ago
I almost passed this up

because most interracial stories are just for stroking. This should have been in loving wives.

Excellent story. So sad, but it does happen in real life.

My first wife got BBC fever but finally got her head on a little straighter after our divorce. Ended up marrying a good Christian black man and been with him for almost 50 years now. It's not all stereotypical but her son with him died in his 20's from a (probable) heroin damaged heart problem. It was in Ferguson, MO but they owned their own home NOT in a ghetto. I and my wife attended the funeral because my kids with her were very close to their half-brother.

The drug scourge is just so, so terrible now.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

""""""UltimateHomeBodyover 1 year ago

Needs more than spell check. Try reading it.

I also realise speech needs to sound authentic, but it also needs to be understandable. Spell check didn't fix that.""""" You got that right. Too difficult to follow, and the 'english' is awful. They cannot even get one well constructed sentence in a paragraph. 1* is too much for this 'thing'.

wmjm54wmjm544 months ago

Your African American women are great characters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories