All Comments on 'Uncertain Justice'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 369 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the Great Stories here.

anon49anon49almost 2 years ago

Five stars is not enough...like others, I come back and read every year...Thank You...

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic SAGA, I highly recommend reading. Thanks for your writing

msconley2172msconley2172almost 2 years ago

I’ve read and reread this story every few months. Fantastic writing!!!!

Master_JonesMaster_Jonesalmost 2 years ago

This story is fantastic. My only nit pic is the back and forth in referring to magazines as clips. Especially by an army veteran. There were so few typos that it is not worth listing.

I do wish there had been a little more about Linda. Not wanting to give spoilers.

At 197k+ words, it could have been broken into 2 or 3 books.~

But, awesome job! I definitely enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Shit story. Way too long for non-erotic, more like novella. Also the amount of evidence supressed by one person is way too much to stand in court. One lawyer only had to ask for the coroners report and it all would of come down. And let's be serious, you bully enough people you'll find someone who won't back down and say something. One witness tampering case would of brought it all down.

It's all just wishful fantasy.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatover 1 year ago

Words can't describe how much I like this story. Thanks Long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love this story, this is the third time I read it.

Thank you.

UncertainT

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtover 1 year ago

Above all else, thanks for posting as a single long story instead of in smaller parts.

This is quite the cat and mouse tale. Having lived in and around San Antonio, I commend you on your knowledge of the area. The same holds true for the areas of Colorado mentioned in the story. Being familiar with those areas made the story very easy to follow.

Nicely done.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Finally found this again, and loved it more this time than the first. This is the story that made me want to share a few tales I had in my head, which means you’re to blame, I guess.

Sure wish you’d publish here again. As a south Texan by birth and 7th generation Texan, I climb inside your work and ride it. Hope you’re doing well, and thanks!

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

It's my third trip. I love this story. I also hope you are doing well and would love to see you post something again. But, forever grateful, I am.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tremendously well done.

GeoD

CosRivCosRivover 1 year ago

A truly outstanding story. Well written and edited. Good character development.

Thank you for the excellent entertainment!

Talmadge69Talmadge69over 1 year ago

4th reading....there will be a 5th. When will it be made into a movie?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

11x11. The ending could still be fleshed out. Let us hear Brady squeal during court and hus first months of internment. What did she grow in her cabin garden? How did owen do? Etc.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Aside from the absolute incongruity of having a highly publicised rape case presented to the public and in the media based purely on fabricated evidence the stupidity and ignorance of the protagonist just about did my head in.

When he breaks in to the DA's house finds a file with the entire false case all laid out what does he do keep it safe, stash it in his body, fucking hide it? Oh no he puts it on the desk again WTF it's only your life what could go wrong😂😂😂

And then when the lawyer comes home he covers him with a Shotgun really your this big bad military vet and you need a fucking shot gun to control a much smaller physically weaker man? Like what are you going to do blow his arm off as a warning?🤣🤣🤣

And then the lawyer outwits him (like that's hard) grabs the file opens the grate in the fire and burns it? Really case files are huge dozens of pages at least and military man with the shot gun is incapable of getting it out of the fire in the 5 seconds it took to incinerate? 🤔🤔🤔

So yeah this was like Dumb and Dumber and I didn't care what happened to Vet guy because who cares about Dumbasses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, simply wow. If you aren't writing professionally you need to start. Lots of sleep lost staying up to read this book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don’t put technical stuff in unless you check it. A 5,000 gallon fuel bladder would weigh about 35,000 lbs well over the lift capacity of any helicopter at altitude and only a very few very light civilian helicopters run on gasoline,, easy stuff to check.

But I love the general storyline.

allansbulletallansbulletover 1 year ago

Fantastic story, other than the odd technical numerical order. Couldn't stop once I started reading it - read the whole lot in one session!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely loved the story. Why the Anon posters have to try and pick holes in a work of Fiction. Sounds like Robert Heinlein said about critics who cannot write wanting to piss in someone else's work.

Thank you so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is nothing short of a spectacular story. It reminded me of reading the small paperbacks when I was a kid, the Sacketts. I was amazed at such grand detail of the terrain and the geography. Either you’re a hiker or a climber or a geologist or a map expert or a Colorado Rockies expert. My only suggestion would be more smashing between Mr. Underwood and his lovely lady business owner. Have you considered working with the publisher and turning it into a book? I’m sure it would do quite well. Very nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Same as some of the others, epic read.

Wish we could have seen more on the undoing of brady.

Loved it.

Simon _ Masters

IbeSteveIbeSteveover 1 year ago

just as riveting the second time through as the first time I read it. Loved it 5 Stars

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Amazing read. It's simply an excellent, excellent novel-length story. There might be some implausibility in the deficiencies of the original trial. I'm a layman, but competent counsel would seemingly have exposed at least some of the suppressed evidence of innocence. That should be a manageable issue with a bit of a rewrite. Otherwise, it's very plausible-seeming, though nemesis Brady is a bit over the top crazy. I thought there might be development of some unsavory connections between the underage prostitution and the powers that be, covering each other by railroading Miles.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

As a follow-up, like perhaps others, I loved the Louis L'Amour-esque nature of the story. The majestic Western landscapes, the one skilled man against the world, even the American Indian spirituality. Altogether the story is honestly quite an epic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Quid justified ipsos custodes?

Is from Satire VI by Juvenal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, but way to long! Also the writer should use less detail if he can't keep it straight anyway!

DarknsDarknsabout 1 year ago

Wow, great story but too much detail. Still, I give 5 stars and leave you with this thought:

Trust in the strength of your story and characters to captivate and hold me to the end. Also, trust that I, as a reader, have the ability, and actually prefer, to be able to use my imagination and fill in the spaces. I don’t need THAT MUCH detail, it started to get in the way of the flow.

Thanks for the entertaining story. Love a happy ending.

donner60donner60about 1 year ago

Hey Longhorn_____07…..second time through this awesome story. Your characters are so well developed and your complex plot made for a fabulous read. I thank you sir for a full two days of reading enjoyment.

It’s authors like you who validate my love for certain authors in Literotica . Please keep a very old man happy and continue your excellent writing

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

At every opportunity he made it more difficult for himself by leaving the guilty unpunished, or holding back on his response. I would have killed the prosecutor without talking to him, and taken the file with me to send to my attorney. I would have killed the adulterers who should’ve been doing their jobs separately, and not betraying their oaths. I would have made killed everyone in the team after the sniper shot at me. The jocks who were going to rape a mother and her daughter would be put down like the rabid dogs they were.

The opponents in this story were all willing to hurt others, put an innocent man in prison, or to death. Therefore, they are all worthy of death.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Second time I read this story. Just as good as the first time. I hadn't remembered who wrote it or the name so was delighted to stumble on it after discovering Requiital. I had one question. What happened to the boxes he was going to send to his sibs? With all the running around he was doing it seemed a bad idea to stop at a post office.

LMJ

catboyalvincatboyalvin11 months ago

Wonderful story. Believable DA is his corruption. Thank you for the great read

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 stars. I would give it 50 if possible. The descripton of the Valley is very similar to a Louis L'Amour paperback I read 40 some years ago. Does it really exist? samm4906

BladdddddddBladddddddd11 months ago

Wow. When I saw 55 pages I was just gonna close the page, but I got invested and stuck with and I am completely blown away. Amazing work

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved it so much! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

55 page's of brilliantly descriptive writing. Thank you for this. Cannot praise it highly enough. BardnotBard.

johntc24johntc2410 months ago

what a wonderfully written story. Enjoyed every page and look forward to reading your other works. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A PAGE TURNER FROM THE GITGO!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved this story. Great work integrating Zeb and the people almost effortlessly in such a natural progression. Very enjoyable. Thank you.

GeorgiaRedeyeGeorgiaRedeye9 months ago

Absolutely fantastic! This story grabs ones attention almost immediately and never lets go. It is, quite possibly, the best story I've read on this site. The fact that you brought so much history and heritage into the story, in a way that was humorous and informative, was brilliant. I enjoyed how you provided details about so many of the professions you wrote about. The staff of a small, local diner, a proprietor of a souvenir shop, a district attorney, military and law enforcement men and women, politicians, journalists, and other every day citizens were all well represented. Providing personalities to the "background" characters really added depth to your writing. I am looking forward to reading more of your tales. Congratulations on writing such a tremendous story, and thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If you think the government isn't as untrustworthy and corrupt as this story depicts, you deserve the institutional abuse that could befall you. ALL forms of government need to be carefully monitored by it's citizens.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Also a very interesting, entertaining story and thank you for letting Miles and Linda get together in the end.😇

berjunmiesterberjunmiester8 months ago

Great story, wrong audience. None the less Mr. Longhorn i bow down to u

MarrttyMarrtty7 months ago

Great story. Sadly it is too possible. I personally know of two cases where a one a prosecutor knowingly prosecuted an innocent man, another where the judge went rogue. Akron Ohio prosecutor, and Delaware county Ohio judge. Neither affected me directly, I have never been in court. But the government is a problem a lot of the time. I know some are good people doing good work. But many are not . Thanks for the great long tale

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think the only unbelievable part was his success. Our country's "checks and balances" have long been demolished and the media, which really only cares about profits is equally corrupt. And make no mistake, the Hannitys, Carlsons, and Shapiros are more cynically corrupt than the "mainstream" media they claim to foil.

Well told story, though.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank You !!! I have often been accused of being verbose and yet these 2 words are both inadequate and high praise.

DanabooksDanabooks7 months ago

Second time for me! Such a well crafted story. The little details paint the scenes so clearly it's as if I was watching a movie. I really appreciate to spirit people and how they help Miles learn to live in both worlds. It's much better than L'Amour or Burroughs. I'm sorry I've finished, again.

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

By page 8 the idiocy of the main character was nothing short of astonishing. Let’s see, the plan to take off quietly, well, let’s first meet up with the DA and have a “conversation.” Yeah, that’s the ticket, if your main character is a complete moron. Clearly, the best way to sneak away into the bush is to first make sure there will be a massive manhunt, so the main character needs to fuck with the DA. I mean, of course that’s the best course of action, so DUH, right? Then, let’s see, the MC finds exonerating but suppressed evidence. Better hand that file to the DA to look at, since that is the best way to convince him that he had suppressed evidence, unless he has the file in his hands he’ll deny it! Uhhh, yeah, DUH, that’s the ticket! Stupid move piled atop the next even greater stupid move. Yeah, polish all the surfaces, losing the time to escape, because it sure made sense to break in without gloves, yeah, that’s the ticket, oh excuse me, I needed to add the requisite, “DUH.” I may keep reading, but my hope in dong so will be that the main character ends up in prison, where his DUHs will echo in the prison walls for decades to come. That’ll stop the MC from creating more little MCs and spreading his moronic seed of a character into further stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

verynice.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

One of my all time favorites. Thank you.

ByebibothByebiboth7 months ago

Read this a couple of times now and consider this one of the best on here. Thank you for the effort and for sharing.

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner6 months ago

Regarding the story: Excellently written. Loved it both times.

Latin Tag Line: Translation given is the commonly used one. But it isn't what the latin words actually mean. The word 'ipsos' is a reflexive, meaning it refers back to the word it is describing (custodes). That word is more correctly translated, especially in this context, as 'watcher'. So "Who will watch (these) self-same watchers?" It has a more sinister meaning this way. Not protectors (guardians), but a potential hidden threat instead.

Which is totally in line with the story.

Tx_razor_55Tx_razor_556 months ago

Outstanding story! One of my best I have read on here. Great work

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith6 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 2nd read and it’s still as awesome as the first read! What a great TV series this story would make.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele6 months ago

OUTSTANDING!!!

Mitchner-esque, with a measure of L'Amour thrown in for flavour.

jkthekatjkthekat6 months ago

It's all been said!! Great Story!!

Thanks!

Jack

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent story!!

Harryin VAHarryin VA5 months ago

I am stunned the number of people who've given this long story high marks of 4.85. This story is utterly ridiculous.

.

The entire premise and the actions that occur in page 7- 8-9 make absolutely no sense at all. It is convoluted it is s contrived it is s irrational and it is nonsense.

gprevgprev5 months ago

Made it to page 3. Blah, blah, blah. Terrible.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I gave it a 3, because you wrote a whole lotta words and for the most part, it was entertaining as long as I could suspend disbelief. And I’m not even talking about Zeb and the People; I’m talking about the horrible decision making of the MC, and the extraordinary expenditure of resources to find him. I can’t fathom that such action would be permitted. A U-2??? Marine Recon on US soil? On and on.

Ranger001Ranger0014 months ago

Tom Clancy couldn't do any better!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Anyone surprised at the corruption shown and the government offices that helped right up until they got ass kicked. Should pull the covers off their eyes and the wool out of their ears and get a dose of reality.

We were only doing what we were ordered to do.........The lament of unjust actions and the excuse of a failed system. Justice has no place the legal system anymore, between the corrupt officials and politics in general anyone who puts their freedom at the mercy of these monkeys deserves the cage they will be in.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" is first found in the Satires (Satire VI, 347–348), of the Roman poet Juvenal (or Juvenales). If you'd care to read the whole passage, you'll probably decide that this "inquiry" is an original one. So, the author is well known!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

loved this story. having spent several years working in government, overreach is easy to see. hell, we left millions of dollars worth of equipment in Afghanistan. its a sure bet the weapons will be used. government employees make bad decisions all the time. just because they are in a leadership position they are not qualified for. still this was a fun story to read and i enjoyed it a lot. want to read more from this author. 5 stars all day. thank you.

TheOldStudTheOldStud2 months ago

I've spent the last three night reading this story and I think that it's a masterpiece. Yes, it was sometime a little wordy, and a little hard to believe, but, most of all, it was damn entertaining. It doesn't have to be feasible to be good. How many stories on Literotica mention a 10 inch dick? Think that's true? Also, I would have rather the MC killed the two Colorado cops instead of Pepper, the dog, although that's not really a fair trade either. How did Brady die?

bigurnbigurn21 days ago

This is the best story that I have seen on this site, by far. A 5 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ effort easily. There were a few minor word misplacements, somehow missed during editing. Much of the story is reminiscent of E. R. Burroughs character Tarzan, who fought a guerrilla style of warfare against the Germans in WW1 and the Japanese in WW2 . There is much to the old adage... Let Sleeping Dogs Lie! Thank You for this one, as well as your other efforts.

truenorth100truenorth1005 days ago

Number 1. Best Non Erotic stoy yet.

I'm definitely going to be scanning Longhorn 07's Favorite Authors to try to find comparable No Erotic tales.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous