All Comments on 'Unchain My Heart'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 204 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Implausible

But hey, it’s fiction, and fun. Good story, with an “ahhh” ending. And in the “truth is stranger than fiction” spirit, I actually ran into a good (married) friend at an airport two thousand miles from home who was with a “date”, so, hey, it could happen! Thanks*****

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
Not bad.

I enjoyed reading it. I would have liked to see her work a little harder to get back, have some hoops to jump through, but that's okay. Thanks for the story, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well written but .....

Lori going to meet Barry to see if she was truly over him ?

What if she had felt something ?

She would have a decision to make , her ex or her husband , and Tim has to know this.

Why would any husband put up with that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

How about a follow-up?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good!

5.

Kicking bitch to the curb isn't always needed.

In real life I would get her to sign post-nap, but this is a story.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 6 years ago
A post-nup

Is definitely in order here. A very punative post-nup.

4/5

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 6 years ago
Now that's how reconciliation is done

I'm looking at this through young eyes , it makes a difference.

She was very immature , but that happens to lots of us at that age , which I'm assuming to be mid twenties , 3 years married after college .

And yes , I myself had a " one that got away " . If she had called me when I was that age , I probably would have went to talk to her . So I can actually see why she did what she did .

One big thing I didn't like was the M.I.L. first words to him upon meeting face to face was about the money ! That just might have torpedoed the whole thing , even to the point of them possibly paying Barry to intervene on her part .

Overall though , really liked it .

Been a Great Morning here in LW World this morning ! Those have been scarce as Frog Hairs here lately .

Thanks for sharing this with us.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Hmmm

Tidy and entertaining enough. Got a 4 from me for overall reading entertainment but definitely could increase the emotional depth of your characters.

Not a bad short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not immaturity, not uncertainty, not stupidity. Much much worse.

A basic lack of integrity. And as usual, some failure of the plot's logic.

When they first met, during all the initial bitch sessions about Barry the Bastard and their failed relationship, Tim should have learned quite a bit about Barry, and what Lori saw in him. They would have discussed Barry's character, Lori's love for him, why she couldn't or wouldn't forgive him. Lots and lots of details about both her and Barry and their relationship.

So when Lori finally opens her heart to Tim and they marry, they both are still aware of Barry's character and Lori's history with him. So now the first integrity test: Why didn't Lori tell Tim that Barry had made contact with her? Easy, because she wasn't sure what might develop with Barry, and she didn't want Tim to know. Which means in Lori's mind some relationship with Barry, to be kept hidden from Tim, was still a possibility. That's really all Tim needs to know to understand that Lori lacks the integrity and self-respect to be a trusted wife. End of a marriage.

But that doesn't foreclose the possibility of reconciliation and forming a new relationship if they both want to work on it. That was completely absent from the story. I think a followup is still possible, but it needs to include some obvious components: counseling, an ironclad prenup, and the complete transfer of Lori's total inheritance to Tim's personal property. Let's see who is prepared to trust whom? And of course Tim's relationship with Lori's mother is pretty much trashed. Lori's lack of integrity fits perfect with her mother's main concern about the whole issue: who get's the money.

And an honest sequel, carried out to its logical conclusion, will include Lori hooking up with Barry, eventually. And that's because Barry now has a grudge to execute against Tim, and Barry will pursue Lori with a vengeance. It will take years, maybe after the children are grown and gone, but Lori will start to age, and lose her self-confidence, and maybe Tim might become a typical paunchy middle aged husband and father, and Barry the snake will reappear to seduce and delight and reinvigorate Lori's sagging self-image and mundane sex life.

And this time, when Barry really does call Tim to brag about fucking Lori, Tim will just laugh, and tell Barry thanks for the money, and taking out his trash. Because Tim will have used part of that money to keep tabs on Barry and Lori. And as soon as Tim finds out Barry is back, and Lori is again hiding Barry from him, Tim will accept the reality of Lori's lack of integrity, and he will be preparing his own exit as he allows Lori to be the instrument of her own destruction, and impoverishment. Just an idea.

Anyway, thanks for a very interesting and somewhat plausible reconciliation. I wish you good luck with your future efforts.

And thanks for allowing Anonymous Comments. thecarolinadreamer could use more of both your balls and your talent. But, he's pretty much like the main character in his last submission, not quite as good at getting the job done, and not wanting to face the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
THE Ohio State University...

...was coined by a former Buckeye who played in the NFL. It was during those brief introductions before a game as they announced the offense and or defense where the player states what school they played for. Can't recall who it was though. Oh, the story was good too, but a quick read. Could have developed the characters a bit more to make it better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A burn the bitch with a happy ending

Not erotic, but a good read. Loved how they stayed together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Hilarious! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
at any cost

She will, of course, do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
meh

don't listen to the haters, i'm a btb type, but this was a decent raac. he made it clear that she's got work to do. not sex, work. his trust in her is dead...and she's got an uphill battle now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Lots of good, clean fun. I loved it!

Nice plot twists. 5 stars.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
You Know

I really liked this story! The bit about the chains is very funny (I've always wanted to do that) so yeah Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Enjoyed the story

but I wouldn't take her back. She considered leaving him for someone who cheated on her in the past. First, she has poor judgment and low self esteem. Second, there is apparently some combination of circumstances where she would consider cheating.

xtchrxtchrabout 6 years ago
A Little Too Much!

I like some reconciliation stories if they are deserved. However, I think this woman did a little too much for forgiveness. Let's see if I have this correct. The MIL told him to forgive her...but she was only concerned about the money. But wait, the 2 cheaters told him nothing happened and she really loved him... and why should he believe 2 cheaters is beyond me. (Don't all cheaters really, really love someone after they're caught.)

She told him she wanted to see if there was still a 'spark' for old boyfriend. Why meet him in a motel room alone, couldn't she meet him in a restaurant?? And worst of all what if there was some 'spark' left, what was she going to do alone in a motel room. All her lies and driving in a snowstorm to meet an ex-boyfriend in a motel room is way too much. I have a lot of trouble believing this girl is that stupid to meet in a motel room alone. ( a college graduate?) If I had to guess, she was a cheater just looking for a little on the side. He is going to have to worry about her every time she has a little 'spark' for a guy.

Thank for the story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Good Story; Great Dialogue

I usually don't like RAAC, but in this case it worked. She admitted her mistakes and paid a price for what she did. I really liked the snappy dialogue and chain/padlock revenge sequence. Five stars from me.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Just noticed the chain pun...

...Clever!

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
THE OLD GUILT BY ASSOCIATION

and being ganged up from 3 people, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Interesting and Amusing

Thanks. It would be difficult to recover the trust without a lot of checking up on her in future-and she'd just have to put up with it.

Being a seasoned LW reader I would have followed up on Barry's 'even after what she did to me'. According to her she didn't do anything and broke up with him originally because he cheated. Hmmm...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I had a wife once

Redhead. Stacked. Hottie, no doubt.

Found her in a cafe with some guy, she told me "nothing happened", finally convinced me. "Just talking" is the common phrase. The 2nd time, damned if she didn't do the same thing, bar that time, ended up in a fight when he took issue with me calling the slut a slut.. Got a tooth knocked out, he got a broken nose. I was standing on his neck when he gave up.

Being stupid, she convinced me.. again.

Yep, "just talking."

The 3rd time, well. That time I kicked the motel door open, cost me $490, court made me fix it, worth every penny.

Divorced that one, yep, cries of "love" etc.

Eventually even us dumb guys get it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Enjoyed it very much.

Thanks for your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I liked it. Especially the bit with the two cars.

But the more I thought about the wife’s actions: she broke up with Barry because he cheated, then decides to meet to see if there’s a ‘spark’ which (if there was) would lead to... what? He’s married so he’s cheating by being there... exactly what she dumped him for. She’s cheating by being there too but I guess she figured out she didn’t want that. But then why go to his room with a bottle of wine? A revelation of brain damage wouldn’t have been out of place.

Her decision making privileges need to be revoked.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
An interesting story

She was stupid and shallow.

Hopefully she learned her lesson.

Well, maybe not. How about a follow up story later on?

TexasBBTexasBBabout 6 years ago
Nicely Done

Very enjoyable story. Lighthearted and not too over the top. Looking forward to more of your submissions.

Oh, and it was Dr Gordon Gee that started the use of THE Ohio State University in his first time around as the university president. lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This was a winning story, with a different twist.

She did not sleep with Barry , ? But did meet him to see a so called spark. Why, after having a great partner why.? One correction money inherited from your parents usually is not considered in divorce cases. So he was not intittled to her inheritance . I hope they make it as written ,but in his head, how do you trust her. Both need couple counciling to see if they can be true from then on.

StormKing33StormKing33about 6 years ago
5* Entertaining and Original

Loved it!!!! Big LOL on the cars...original. That woman is either a proficient sociopath or dumber than a rock. As for the inheritance, she deposited it into a joint account. Therefore, its half his. Needs a follow up story.

aguyfromthe60saguyfromthe60sabout 6 years ago
they always wonder about their first love

it happens. found out years ago that I was at best 3rd choice. 1st was abusive yet she went back with him at least twice. she had at least two trysts with him in the 6 weeks before our wedding. she had assignations with 3, probably 5, and perhaps 7 early in our marriage. Looking for a spark? maybe just a big dick. (one was 10 inches). didn't find out till 17 years married--two kids in grade school.

Even now at over 40 years, she still pines for him. She will spontaneously start to talk about him, wistfully looking off into the distance, mentally doing the what if, if only, wondering out loud (almost) how it would have been, the longing, loving look on her face giving me great sadness.

What to do? She is the best human being I have had the privilege of knowing. However as a wife not so much. I've got nowhere to go.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Yarn!

Fine story; well-crafted, with lots of curb appeal. Keep up the good work!

THE Ohio State University was so dubbed by William Oxley Thompson, OSU's third President (also the robust-looking dude/7' tall bronze statue in front of the Main Library). Dr. Thompson insisted upon it to give him leverage with the Ohio General Assembly, whose members were otherwise wont to sometimes vote a tad too much money to Ohio's other state colleges. Recent students may think that the emphasis was started by recent President Gordon Gee, who revived the appellation to help distract attention from some of his personal side deals - such as leasing all campus parking for 99 years to an Australian LLC. ("sic transit gloria")

I'm sure you knew the wife's family inheritance could not have been tapped by the husband - but not using that ploy would have slowed the story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 6 years ago
I enjoyed this.

This was well written and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Pretty well written

And while I don't agree with his choice at the end, that didn't stop the story from being entertaining. When Mom shows up to make her pitch for her daughter to keep the money, that should have told him what was important to Lori. He says it himself. Trusting her going forward will be very difficult. Look for her to try and get the money away from him. For his own peace of mind, he should have divorced her and moved on. Thanks for the effort.

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Entertaining tale.

But the reconciliation was hard to swallow. The only part of the tale that supported what she said, was the fact that she came running immediately out to the car and had no problem with her clothes, plus the receipt for another room. Still I would never have let Barry get away without listening to his explanation of why they broke up.

SKHPSKHPabout 6 years ago
The chain trick was from the movie "American graffiti"...

...but to do it properly you have to leave a bit of rope to allow the car to first accelerate and then be stopped abruptly.

The recocilliation was tolerable, but I am with the commenters who doubt her ability to be a truthful spouse.

(I have the balls to comment with my username visible. Why not, anons?)

4*

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 6 years ago
Great read!

I like your storytelling and enjoy Tim's wise ass demeanor. As a rule I'm all for reconciliation...but I'd have a really hard time with this one. I was married to a woman I couldn't trust. It's no picnic!

I laughed hard at Tim's mild revenge- yes, mild revenge, because so many BTB stories are so far over the top and this one is hilarious. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of your offerings.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 6 years ago
5* because of the last line

I HAVE INSURANCE COMPANIES! And cheating wives. She wss going to cheat. Bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4*s

HA, HA, HA, Ha, Ha,ha, gotta breathe, ho, ha😥.

So we'll written!⌨🖊✏ Dialog, plot, character development enough that the reader has an affinity with and sympathy for their plights, experience.

Really good entertainment. 4*s.

AMerryman

fisheronefisheroneabout 6 years ago
Insurance

His insurance rate os a lot cheaper tha divorce. It is nice to see resolution and a marriage survive to grow stronger.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
I understand...

Yes, I understand why Tim took Lori back.

With all the evidences in, it sure looks like his dumbass wife (more on that later...) actually didn't cheat on him with her ex, especially given what said ex said about the whole thing. I don't see what Barry would gain by not confessing the whole truth to Tim - it's not like Lori wouldn't stopped hating his guts, even if she learned he made amends (yes, I believe that she still doesn't know that her husband made up the call thing.) Her very genuine-sounding admission of stupidity and sorrow (something cheating wives rarely do around here) didn't hurt either. I mean, something tells me Tim would have mentioned how fake she was acting during their last conversation if he didn't find her as trustful as she sounded like. There's also the whole motel car-wrecking scene to think about - everyone assumed that Lori must have dress herself in record time to get to the parking lot at the same time than him... but it's very likely she wasn't naked at all in the first place. Which means she wasn't interested in hooking with Barry (not yet, anyway...) when she bolted out of the motel room. So she didn't do the crime (although she definitely thought about it...), and there's no way she wasn't majorly affected by the repercussion of her actions... There's a case to be made that she was punished enough, and won't pull any dumbass shit like this. So giving her another chance isn't at all far-fetched.

But yes... I would have also understand, if Tim walked away.

What Lori did here so fucking egregious... It's a stable of the LW category that the overwhelming majority of the married female protagonists in them are utterly stupid, and this one sure continues this sad-ass tradition. God knows what would have actually happened if Tim didn't accidentally find out about her little 'tête-à-tête' with Barry, but the mere fact that she went there at all, and lied about it to her husband is highly problematic. That whole 'spark' reasoning, though, is simply infuriating - wanna know if you still have feelings for your cheating, now married ex-boyfriend? YOU DO IT BEFORE YOU ARE MARRIED YOURSELF!!! How exactly Tim is supposed to trust her now, I seriously don't know. So yeah, it's hurt right now, but not as badly as he will be if she pulls again that kind of crap, ten years from now. Better just walk away and find someone who's actually not that interested with how green the neighbor's grass here...

But Tim stick around, and well... yeah, I get it. He definitely set himself up for a good ol' 'shame on you / shame on me' situation by taking her back, but I seriously don't see Lori even acknowledging risking her marriage like this again. Frankly, and this something I cannot stop saying every time I'm done reading such a story, those two better seek counselling, because make up sex may be great, but it won't prevent your marriage to go through such nonsense again.

Overall, and despise its subject matter, this was a pretty funny story. Hard to not like Tim - yet another good guy who has the misfortune of dealing with yet ANOTHER pretty woman with low self-esteem (sorry, is there any other kind around here?) Really like the author's style; will have to check his other offerings.

fisterisfisterisabout 6 years ago
Don't you know...

...all Ohio State women are sluts? Just kidding. Well done.

dc6370dc6370about 6 years ago
Okay Ohio State fans...

Ohio A&M's name was changed to The Ohio State University in 1878, however the word "THE" was not used as it is now used until 1986 when OSU changed their logo. But the name "The Ohio State University" was used to identify it as the first state university in Ohio, and to differentiate it from other state universities in Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Layover??

Nicely done overall, tight & humorous. You are developing a nice little portfolio of work!

The main thing left niggling in the back of my brain is that there is no way a flight from ORD to LGA would ever have a layover in the relatively podunk airport in Columbus Ohio. Would have been much better to have the flight diverted due to a mechanical issue, then cancelled due to the weather.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very amusing 5*

Not sure if I believe her either lol but at least she is exerting lots of make up energy on you. Long may it last....

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Enjoyable

You had my interest in your couple’s dialogue at the beginning. My cup of tea. The story line flowed well and like a lot of life stories - only time will tell if it works out. Thanks. High marks.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 6 years ago
Pretty darn good!

Funny, too. Of course, they're young and emotional and prone to making rash decisions based on how they feel instead of thinking things through, and that's what makes them so adorable...but they're older now and playing for keeps. The Lori character's character seems less than stellar. Perhaps her mercenary mother had something to do with that. Anony 3-1 (Not Immaturity...) plot analysis seems darn good and would make a good longer story. Yeah, Lori is going to need close watching. MIL is going to be a constant PIA. Trust but verify, as Reagan used to say about the Ruskies.

So Barry was barefoot and had his shirt half off? Hmmm. Good plot twist, having Tim blame Barry for tipping him off to the tryst. And good plot twist for giving Barry some decency, even though he was half dressed in a motel room with a bottle of wine and an ex-GF now married to someone else.

I think we all know that the inheritance from her father was Lori's alone, even though she is married to Tim. But it makes a good story. Maybe Ohio is different.

And just say 'no' to drug. It's dragged in this case.

Gave it a 5. We want to encourage the good writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fuel for a Follow-up

I enjoyed this, but don't buy it. Barry coming to apologize runs counter to her statement that she concluded he's "so immature, shallow, and arrogant." And he never answered the question of who put him up to this confession/take her back plea.

So now you can write the sequel, perhaps from her voice, of how she and Barry fooled him into taking her back.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 6 years ago
Columbus?

Let me see ... Hubby leaves Gary at 4am, FIVE hours before the flight is scheduled. (9am). Takes him much longer to drive (West) than normal. At least twice as long (glad he left very early). The flight is a little late, let us say it leaves at 10. Gets to Columbus at 11am. The storm is now in NY. Bad roads in the Midwest to NYC. Hubby gets a car and gets to the motel at 4pm. Meanwhile, Sweetie wakes up ‘sometime later than Hubby’ and takes off on what is, in normal weather, a FIVE hour drive (East) to Columbus to see if there ‘is a spark!’ Except a bad storm has come through, and Sweetie knows it. If she gets up at seven, has breakfast and prepares to met her ‘promised ‘ ex-BF, she leaves about 9am. Normally gets there about 2pm, driving straight through. But, road crews haven’t had as much time to clear roads. Don’t know how she gets to Columbus by 4pm.

Hubby never suggests that Sweetie went a LONG way out of her way to check out this ‘spark’ possibility. She leaves home after getting out of a well-used bed to drive at leat 5 hours (each way) then rents her own room (certainly better than bunking in with Ex) and buys wine (to put out -or fan- a spark?)

I also liked Hubby telling Sweetie that Ex called him to brag! Hell, even Ex liked (respected?) THAT touch.

5*

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Like it

Enjoy your stories very much. Don't sweat the nit pickers. Keep writing, and we'll keep reading. Roll Tide!

mitchawamitchawaabout 6 years ago
Space-Time Geography

Aside from the already mentioned Geography problems, it was an interesting story with the cables and locks and the following "accident. Barry's confession and Lori's story don't ring true, but I'm not the one making the decision. I would have liked more graphic sex ( my opinion.).

RePhilRePhilabout 6 years ago
HEY READERS!

Let’s let love win out this time ok. Nothing but good vibes for this once ok?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

How can you ever trust her again? If she really just wanted to talk the phone would be enough( not for me though ) . To me that would be enough cheating emotionally. Then she goes to eat, why go back to the hotel where there both staying over night. They went in one car to eat then grabbed wine and went in his room where he was without shoes and shirt undone. She was also lying about not being at her mother while she was in the room with him. They were definitely going to fuck at some point. He did the car thing but she was in his room quite a while . He went to Home Depot and set there card up. I’d taken pics going in , coming out of the same car and the time when she left his room . If still in his room in the middle of the night then I might have made that call while set up to take as many pics as he can. There would be no staying together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good story 5*

Moreandmore you've got the BRB crowd telling Tim to run run run. Life doesn't always play out the way that crowd likes. Keep up the good work.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 6 years ago
She still gots some 'splainin' to do...

Why was it so important to Our Girl Lori to find out whether she and Brian still have "that spark?"

If Lori and Barry had found their spark (whatever that happens to mean), what would she have done about it? Try him out in bed? Leave Tim for him? Visit her mother a lot more often? She says she never really considered that. Really? Hmmm...

And of course, as others have pointed out, if Lori was still fully dressed as Barry claimed, why was Barry barefoot and open-shirted?

Makeup sex may be all well and good, but Ol' Tim has the right idea to keep his Funny Business Detector (TM) in good working order.

I enjoyed the story; thanks for posting it.

Impo_64Impo_64about 6 years ago
I agree with @GeorgeAnderson...

I agree with @GeorgeAnderson...Those and some other issues she would have to explain, like why was he already half way to get naked? However I also agree with @RePhil and think love deserves to win this time...4*

Richie4110Richie4110about 6 years ago
Great story, great writing

I gave it only 4 out of 5 stars because your ending left the story unfinished. It was an enjoyable read and achieved the emotional charge you were probably aimed for and yet didn’t fulfill my anticipation.

I love your story style and plan to rest every one of them. Thanks for giving me this opportunity.

carvohicarvohiabout 6 years ago
Had a good time...

There's been a lot of stories with unnecessary sexual content. I'm glad you're stories don't waste my time with all that. More important you've elicited quite a few interesting comments. That's always great. Most important, your stories hearkened us back to an earlier time when Ohio, HDK, Francis MacComber, and Rehnquist were active.

This is a five. You're doing a good job. Keep at it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great realistic story!

Well, as realistic as a Literotica story gets. The BTB morons will be all over you. But it is possible to forgive with honor. I cracked up at the bit about the chain and the driveshafts. Good imagination although he didn't need padlocks and it would have made more sense looping the chain around a chassis member. Plus a Sonata doesn't have a driveshaft, it has half shafts that aren't that stout. But that was imaginative.

Many times love and reason overcome temper and hurt feelings. This sounds like one of those times. And don't expect her to act logically and reason out what might happen. People aren't as smart as we think we'd be in a complex situation.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago

Neat and creative.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Simply terrific!

Not only a great April fools story, a great LW's story! *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Why

If she knew at dinner she was over him ,why did she go to the motel?It is fair to say ,his phone call stopped him fucking her.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 6 years ago
He Based His Decision on Barry's Confession

And Barry was adamantly claiming his wife already knows (implying "Please don't call her.") As written, this is almost certainly a tale spun by the two of them, and begs a follow-up.

trandall9991trandall9991about 6 years ago
I think I found an author with a sense of humor

Great story. Loved it.

avidfaavidfaabout 6 years ago
5 stars

for the revenge gimmick alone, that was original, humorous, and great! An image that will stay with me for a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@reedrichards

Choosing not to set up profile has naught to do with pdrsonal courage.

Many of those named commenters and even authors could be thought to be lacking certain parts - no I don't mean the females. While I would not make directly personal attacks against namers or anons, I have contacted a number of authors asking they reconsider their policy.

I accept their decision. I simply vote 1 for any story not allowing my comment.

carolina had used comments to personally attack anyone not sharing certain philosophies of his. That ie his right, but I can understand he generated ill will.

I have noted numerous vulgar personal attacks between certain authors. Namers can be quite crude and insulting.

Could be many reasons an anon has not set up profile.

One very good one. A person who has no email account has no way of becaming a namer. Such is my case. I never had neither need nor desire to purchase a cell phone.

Not sure how those personal decisions make my insights on the stories on this site undesirable to some.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 6 years ago
To Anon 4/29/18

You will get NO respect from any of your comments if your are not willing to use a profile. ANON comments are worthless to most of us.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
The point is, Anonymous (Re: reply to Reed Richards)

You were able to reply to ReedRichards. There is one person commenting here using that name, and his opinions are well known by regulars among the commentariat.

I have to reply to you as Anonymous. You are merely one of myriad undifferentiated anonymice.

Some other Anonymous may now reply to this comment of mine, addressing me by the LueDon name I have registered. It may be you, it may be somebody else. how will I know? We can't have a conversation that way.

You don't have to register a name to become a known commenter. Just put an identifier at the foot of your comment. AMerriman is one such identified Anonymous who often joins conversations. I recommend to all anonymice, please do something similar.

Lue

coredencoredenalmost 6 years ago
Great story

I loved it. Thank you and don't stop writing. Gotta be a 5.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 6 years ago
Gave it 5 *

Still think he should have dumped her but 5* for the laughter I enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
calgarycampers - like I care

No concern of mine if I do not get respect of a portion of namers. Hilarious that you wrote to me, not I to you.

I did not know comment section was intended to be IM medium for readers. If I wanted to expressly converse with you luedon , I would contact you through your profile and provide you with my private email. You would be the second person to have that information. Actually, I have not logged into that account for a number of years

According to swingerjoe he is Amerryman.

My comments, except when in response to ''attacks'' are directed to author about his-her story. Mostly praise but sometimes a question. A score of authors have answered those questions without any problems. Certainly no condescending insults such as by cc.

Wonder if he comprehends the significance of Waterton Park.

More baffling to me than your obsessive rodent insults luedon, is that you and I have engaged in at least twenty lengthy conversations with no problem. Fact is about a month ago, you joined in a conversation I was having with a female author. Initially she was kind enough to respectfully provide her insights to subjects I had expressed my thoughts on. After a 30 hour window of conversation, we both closed with expressions of admiration and moved on.

At no time did she question my character because I did not have a profile.

I move on with my life putting calgary in same pile as lordslumdog.

I am comfortable as an anon commenter. I respectfully apologize if my decision is burdensome and annoying to you luedon.

HDK mentioned he was fine with allowing anon comments. sbrooks103x would refuse to let non-namers read his stories if he could. Would be nice if vandemonium lifted the anon restriction so I could publically send my

praise, but with a click here, a click there, a little easter egging and he receives my thoughts.

At least you are not as denigrating as brooks or cc but I will remain anon without regard for whether a profileer holds me in esteem or contempt.

No further discussion on this situation will ever come from me. That should help about a bit. If an anon replies to any comment about needing a name after this time and date it is not me!

gmann57gmann57almost 6 years ago

a good story, the intent , and there had to be some is as bad as the deed, Tough call. and anon. Your a lonely , most likely cuck who dont like it and your a coward as well

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Better

Late Than Never! (My Comment)....Uhmm Didn't He Say She Immediately Rushed Out Fully Clothed!..." Food For Thought"...Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!....P.s. The Part where Lover Boy Confessed that Nothing Happened! That's Suss! A Snow Job! See Ya!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
that's a good attitude

when you get caught cheating or even just "seeing if i would cheat" b.s she fed him... you grovel. you humble yourself. 'too stupid to live' is right.

that is how you get a second chance. you own it. full stop. lotta entitled people out there could learn something from this story. this is how you get forgiveness...you EARN it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NoNoNo!

The guy came out barefooted, and his shirt was unbuttoned. Get a damned clue!

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESover 5 years ago
Good Story

This was the first of the authors stories that I have read, excellent grammar and spelling great story and characters five stars. You are officially one of my favorite authors. Keep up the great work.

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
He is a fool

Having endured two cheating wives and both said they would never cheat again (they did) can tell him this will happen again. He needs to divorce her and move on.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

The husband trashing the cars was amusing, well done!

Lori did seem mortified at her own behaviour and genuinely contrite. I think this Barry scenario was just a one-off and I probably would have given her a second chance too.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Hmmmm

Room, car already there, bottle of wine ....

Something doesn't match.

OPrimeOPrimeover 5 years ago
What if

he was a great guy, not a disappointment, and she was impressed would she have cheated?

She lies and sneaks around and is sorry when she got caught. Lied because she shouldn't have been doing it. The husband is an idiot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just can't see a reconciliation

You don't meet at a motel to talk. You have coffee in a public place. And after you're married is not the time to see if there's still a spark. That, by itself, is a trust breaker.

But good on him for destroying the cars.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
idiot

lmfao you`ll get yours soon when she does it again but it will cost you more money and a lot more pain ... good luck you will need it

leahwwleahwwover 5 years ago
Response to the "Boy's Club"

Hey guys... accept just a clue from a woman's viewpoint.. if my man had gone to meet an old love. just to see if there was a spark and lied when I called... he is Toast even though there was no all the way loving... YET... Men seem to focus on the deed....Gals focus on the intent... She cheated and the lovers had all night and next day to SPARK!

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
neilnblowme2

Are you sending comments to a character in a story?

FD45FD45over 5 years ago
Chekov's Gun

If you put a gun into the story, it has to fire or be used somehow.

You stuck that big wad of cash into the story...and yet never used it to verify her fidelity? A post nup?

No?

Okay. Still liked the story.

I'll tell you this, if I had my car wildly reeling around on a chain, I'd be damned if I tried to get into it. I like my legs more than I like any car.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 5 years ago
You honestly believe that she didn’t cheat

Barry, barefoot and his shirt open, hopped in the 'vette, started it,.....that would have been enough for me. The fact that his shirt was off and he was bare footed, would have been to much to get over.

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago

I enjoyed it. The author's style doesn't usually include much character development and it's unnecessary in a Flash story.

It was a quick read and put a smile on my face. I would have been satisfied with either BTB or RAAC.

If I had to guess, the protagonist is an engineer. In college he seemed to be able to enjoy sex without compromising his studies. Very rational and pragmatic. Understands the risk he's taking by reconciling but is still looking at half the inheritance if she screws up again. I suspect she'll be on a short leash for quite a while and he'll find ways to test and monitor her veracity. I also suspect that he's not 100% committed to the marriage. He doesn't seem the type to cheat but it may be quite a while before he's willing to commit to starting a family. She may have gotten a free pass this time, but Tim will be ready to drop the hammer at any hint of stepping out in the future.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Like Leah

I agree with Leah's comment. That spelled.it out completely. Still love this.guy's work.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Short. Simple. Yet an iconic LW story IMO

Yes it's a RAAC, which I usually dislike, if not out right hate, but this one BARELY squeaks in to acceptable. I think mostly because of the 'Vette vs Hyundai scene. There is some degree of payback.

Because IMHO it's iconic, and technically well written, I rate this as 5-star.

If it had failed either of those two criteria, because it's a RAAC it would have been 4-stars.

266xxyz266xxyzover 5 years ago
Fun story!

Enjoyed reading it. It seemed clear and crisp to me. Loved the vet scene. 5☆ y not.

fritz51fritz51over 5 years ago
Agree with huedogg2

Can't tell for sure if she cheated by the "never saw her get dressed so fast" comment. Also not 100% certain because of Barry being barefoot & shirt wide open but in Barry's case it sure looks like they were doing something which if so she was still lying about the incident. No matter, Barry comes over saying she only took off her coat and gloves and she comes over at the end insisting that nothing happened - Both of these claims don't exactly line up with what was witnessed as the two raced out the motel door to their cars, that is her "never got dressed so quickly & Barry being barefooted and his shirt wide open. Possibly one could argue her being dressed so fast was that she was already dressed but to me the text seems to imply something else. Barry's state of undress is damning, though not 100% proof which he could have obtained by listening at the motel door or gain a key & take photos / video rather than pull the stunt with the chain. In all cases he should have challenged her on these points before allowing her back.

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago

Good read. enjoyed this story better than some of your others

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Very immature little girl.

And Huedogg has a point. Barry clothes do not speak well of the wife's story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
Not bad at all...

I liked this.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Easy Fix.......

Do a post nup on cheating. Cheater gets nothing except any bill payments due for the next full year. If she balks, you take your half now and runaway. If she signs, you invest in a hidden security system including cameras, phone and computer bugs and GPS.

And HE lives happily ever after with trust not being an issue.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Great read

My friend had trapped a beaver in the winter. It was frozen with its teeth showing. He found out where his wife was meeting her lover and entered the room an hour ahead of time and put the beaver under the covers between the pillows. Mood killer. 5. I love the car hook up....classic.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Agree, postnup is absolute must

If something like this happens and there is reconciliation then post nuptial agreement must be in the cards. There is not much trust left and the offended side needs to protect his/her assets. Some clause about infidelity needs to be in such an agreement.

Having said this, I think this is a fine story. Again MNM has found original plot device, peppered the story with humor, and I am loving his original writing.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 5 years ago
If she knew the spark was gone at dinner...

...why did she need to go into his room?

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Who contacted who

Why did she go to Columbus if not having prior contact

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Jimmy not Timmy

In the song lyric that’s quoted, the author’s name should be Jimmy, not Timmy. From the great Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019almost 5 years ago
Great Fun Story

I'm a sucker for a happy ending!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...