Unconditional Love

Story Info
Lifelong friends find a truly loving life.
9.4k words
4.54
6.6k
12
6
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: As always, any and all people taking part is sexual things are 18 or older. Again, as always, THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, For all you legal scholars, and law enforcement professionals, anything I relate, in the practice of law and law enforcement is according TO ME!! This story could also be in the romance department, too.

Onto my story. I grew up in a rural area Northeast of Seattle, that is now a very growing area. In the 1960's when my family moved to this area, it wasn't much of a town. Duvall, Washington was maybe 350 people, or so. Small enough that to go to a middle or high school, we would have to go to the next city to our south. The city of Carnation.

Oh, did I forget to introduce myself? I'm Gene Davis. Now, I'm a forty-two year old industrial engineer, self-employed, and the father of three of the best kids in the world.

OK, OK, I'm a bit biased, as is my wife of just over twenty years. And to say we are polar opposites would be a gross understatement.

Even at my advanced age, I'm still just about 6'3" and on a good day, might weight 175 or maybe 180. You see, no matter what I would eat, I just never seemed to gain weight. And my wife, Penny, at nearly 6 feet tall, and is on the very full figured side.

Also, I'm white as white can be, and Penny is half Caucasian and half African-American.

We met as we both were starting high school, in our district's brand new high school, now located in Duvall. As a growing district, we were becoming more diverse. Our quaint, little city was growing, with some very nice homes being built.

With both of my parents being school teachers, we were comfortable, but nothing too lavish.

As our school year was starting, I'd heard that a former NBA player was moving into our area. First day of school, as I'm getting reacquainted with the kids I'd gone to middle school with, I noticed a fairly tall, light skinned, black girl, who I figured could be the NBA player's daughter.

Since nobody was talking with her, I went up to say hello.

"Gene Davis, glad to meet you."

"Penny Jackson, and its nice to see someone who isn't totally ignoring me."

"That's because you are taller than they are," I replied with a grin. "Do you play basketball, like your dad, Patrick does?"

"He's retired, and no, I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time," she said finally smiling. "With no athletic abilities I'm thinking about becoming a teacher," she added.

"Wow, both my parents are teachers. and you should smile more offen, Penny, it's a very nice smile."

When I said that, I noticed the cutest blush on her face, making me realize how shy she was.

"See you around, Penny Jackson."

Throughout the first week of school, with us being in two classes, together, we would just talk, for a minute, or two each day. It sort of pissed me off how it seemed to me the other girls seemed to ignore her. Whether it was her very full figure, or her milk chocolate colored skin, I didn't know.

As my basketball season started, I noticed Penny in the stands, the first game. Sitting beside her was her dad, Patrick, who had played either twelve or thirteen seasons in the NBA. While never what would be called a superstar, he was always a very good, steady ballplayer.

While standing just about 6'6", his playing weight was near 245, and to call him tough would be very accurate. He always guarded much taller players, using his bulk to outmuscle the larger players.

I was the only freshman on our team, and saw little playing time. I noticed Jackson kept a keen eye on how our team played. I didn't know it at the time, but after a few more games, he gave our coach some pointers.

Our coach was smart enough to listen, and we got better. After one mid-week practice, where Patrick was watching, he walked up to me, asking if I minded him giving me some hints.

"Not in the least, Mr. Jackson, I'll take any advice you want ti give me."

"First off, I'm Patrick, got it? Second, you need to front the man you're guarding. It doesn't matter if you're shorter, or taller, if you let him get by you."

I stood there and picked up a ball, and started dribbling in place.

"Go around me."

I started moving one way, and he backed up a half step and slid right in front of me.

"How'd you know which way I was going to move?"

"Because I'm watching your belt buckle. If your buckle is going left, you aren't driving to the right. Understand?"

I now knew why he was on the All Defensive Team for many years.

I thanked him, and each practice I remembered his sage advice.

Every now and then, my parents and I would see the whole Jackson family in town, and would make every attempt to make them feel welcomed.

Several times, Penny and I would wander away, by ourselves, just to talk. Either about a school assignment, or just life in general.

She did tell me that there were still several girls, who thought they were "the in crowd" who would go out of their way to ignore her. I kept telling her to ignore them, because they weren't worth the bother.

Finishing my freshman year, our basketball team did actually win a few games, and my game did improve, a little.

At the end of the school year, I made an effort to see Penny, but she visited her grandmother, in Texas for almost six weeks.

Besides, I attended a basketball camp, and was kept very busy.

Starting my sophomore year, I was practicing every day, even before the organized team practices started. My coach took notice of my improved defense, with me remembering what Patrick had taught me.

Penny and I continued as friends, and sometimes would get backwards glances from some of the same girls who ignored her last year.

I played a lot more that season, and even started a few games. Coach kept trying to get me to shoot more often, as my offense did need improvement.

It seemed as if Penny's tormentors eased off, and we just became closer friends. We would study together, with me helping her with math, and she helping me with english.

Our junior year, I became a starter on our team, and she was my biggest fan. Outside of my parents, of course.

Starting our senior year, we started talking about dating. My parents, Ed and Jan, having met Penny and her parents, did talk with both of us, about the perils of interracial dating. You have to remember, this was the late 1990's.

It helped having Patrick and his white wife, Jackie, giving both of us their actual history, of what they had overcome, in their twenty-one year marraige.

Our real first date was on her eighteenth birthday, with my big day just one week before hers. We went to a nice chinese restaurant, and just talked. We talked about everything, except school.

My basketball season was going to start the following week, and I was already getting some attention from local colleges.

Penny was already accepted at Centeal Washington University, just about a hundred and twenty miles to the east. I was still weighing my options, and wasn't sure where I'd be going.

I did know I'd be studying Industrial Engineering, with Penny wanting to be an elementary school teacher.

After dinner, we just took a walk around the area, close to her house. We would stop, making sure nobody was peaking out their windows, and would kiss, a time or two.

"Jesus, Gene, I didn't know how good of a kisser you are. We should have done more of this, sooner."

Each kiss, I would lower my hands down to her rounded behind. Pulling her closer to me, she could sense my growing bulge.

"Please don't be upset, but I'm thinking I'm not ready for 'that'."

"Both my parents warned me about going too fast, even though we've known each other going on four years. Besides, your dad told me, a while back, if I ever did anything to hurt you, he'd cut my balls off."

Just saying that brought out some laughter, and lightened our mood.

Sitting on her front porch, we started kissing a bit more intensely. I got a bit braver, and placed my hand on her generous breast. Even through her bra and blouse, I could feel her nipple reacting positively. I could also feel her holding me tighter, and allowing my tongue to do some exploring.

Taking a breather, we just sat there, with our foreheads touching.

"Gene, I think we better dial it back, a bit, so my parents don't peak out the window and seeing us doing something we shouldn't be doing."

"Whenever you think you're ready, I'm more than willing to wait."

Calming myself down and giving her one last good-night kiss, I was on my way back home.

My final season of high school basketball went fairly well, both for our team, and for me. I took Patrick's advice and started shooting more, and did finish the season as our team's second leading scorer.

As our senior prom was nearing, Penny and I let both our parents know we were going to prom, together. Both families were thrilled to see us getting along so well.

In the few months leading up to prom, we did go out nearly every weekend. Yes, most of these dates ended up in some fairly intense makeout sessions, with both of us doing just a little more than just kissing.

The first time I put my hand inside her bra, and felt her nipple stiffen, she placed her hand on my bulging cock, making it so hard, I thought it was going to burst right out of the shorts I was wearing.

Prom was here, and we had an absolutely great time. We both got more than a few sideways glances from some of the snooty people, who thought they were better than everyone else.

We did our best to ignore them all, and enjoyed our biggest date, so far. It seemed as if we were in a world of our own.

We weren't totally ingored, talking with my basketball team mates and others in our class, who were far more tolerant, of an interracial couple.

Remember, this was 1997, and our area wasn't as accepting as larger, urban cities were.

We had made the conscious decision that even if we spent the night together, neither of us was going to disappointed if we didn't go all the way. We had talked about that step in our relationship, and decided that when 'it' happened, it would happen.

Yes, our dates had progressed to the point of near naked makeout sessions, with just her panties and my briefs on.

At her parents house, after our prom, with them staying at a friends house for the night, we did get fully undressed for the first time. Laying on her bed, kissing and softly touching each other. I got real brave, after kissing both nippples, I started downward lightly kissing everywhere.

When I got to her fairly curly bush, I kissed her outer lips, causing a sharp intake of breath. When I found her pulsating clit and gave it a very soft lick, she nearly threw me off her bed.

Moving back between her thighs, I inserted one finger just inside her very wet lips. While I did this, she took hold of my seven plus inches of manhood, and slowly lowered her mouth on the head.

While moving her hand up and down, while keeping her lips on the tip, I kept licking up and down her soaking wet pussy.

Just as I was ready to blow my load, she sensed this and put a towel over my cock to catch the stream after hot stream of cum. I kept up my licking, as her body shook over and over.

Rolling onto our backs, just looking at each other, and trying to catch our breath, we just said everything with our eyes.

Holding her in my arms, she quietly asked if it was OK if we just showered and went to sleep.

"Only if we shower together," I answered.

She looked at me, with this 'are you kidding me?' look.

Getting off the bed, and walking into her bathroom, stopping to kiss, we did get into the shower, with her letting me very carefully wash her entire body.

When I finished, she returned the favor, with me getting rock hard, with her very soft hand making sure my cock was very well attended to.

Going back into her bedroom, and getting into bed, we started kissing, again. Very slowly, I lowered my hand gently caressing her very hard nipples.

"I'll give you about an hour to knock that off, you horny devil."

"What if I don't?"

"I guess I'll have to give you more time."

Kissing each nipple a bit harder, my one hand found her still wet pussy, with two fingers easing inside.

Her hips started thrusting against my hand, as I heard a muffled, 'do you have a condom?"

Getting one from my pants pocket, and placing it where it belonged, I moved between her wide open legs.

Easing my rock hard seven inches through her barrier, with a minimum of resistance, we were not only making love, we both were panting like marathon runners.

We certainly didn't last as long as we'd hoped, but when we both exploded, it was like Time's Square on New Year's Eve.

Literally, it was like rockets going off. We just couldn't get enough of hugging and kissing each other.

Finally, getting ourselves cleaned up, and cuddling in bed, we just were staring at each other, not saying a word.

"Are you as happy as I am, Penny?"

"Happier, if that's possible."

"Do you think we should sit down with both sets of parents, and discuss our future?"

"I take it, Gene, you're serious about us having a future."

"More than you can imagine, and I'm hoping we can make it happen, even with both of us in college."

"I've been accepted at Central, but its only a two hour drive, from here."

"I think Seattle U will be offering me a scholarship, and they have a nice small campus, with a nice program in Industrial Engineering."

"I hope you know that growing up, both my parents always encouraged me to make friends with as many kids as possible. Its only been here, that I've encountered snotty kids. Mostly girls, and I just don't know why."

With college under way, we did call each other almost every night. You have to remember, cell phones were in their infancy.

With my basketball practices, plus study time, I was kept very busy, but I always had time to hear about my girl enjoying her college experience.

Over Christmas break, we were nearly unseperable. Getting together with both sets of parents on several occasions, with me making the command decision to ask Penny to marry me.

I went ring shopping, by myself, and found something that I knew she would really like.

Yes, I was very aware that we both had to finish college, but I just felt this was the move for me to make.

Christmas Eve, we were by ourselves, when I popped the question. She couldn't say yes, fast enough.

Both families were very excited, reminding us both that school came first.

My first season of basketball was better than I could have hoped. Our team wasn't very good, but with the advice Patrick had given me, plus shooting a bit more, I finished the season as the third leading scorer on our team.

I also found a nice summer internship, with a consulting firm that would give me valuable experience in my chosen field.

Penny and her family did visit her grandmother in Texas, again, but only for a month. I figured once we were closing in on our wedding, I should visit this part of her family, too.

Back in school, again, with basketball starting in the second month of the school year, I was very busy, with both studies and practicing. Penny told me she was on track to graduate at least one semester early.

We began thinking if getting married with her starting teaching, and me finishing my final year.

Over the summer, I did go with her and her family to visit Patrick's mother, and grandmother, neither of whom even flinched when they introduced me. The color of my skin didnt bother either of them one bit, much to my happiness.

I do have to admit, that being raised in the very temperate climate of Greater Seattle, the summer heat and humidity of San Antonio, Texas was tough to take.

The week before we were to start school, her for her final year, and me for my Junior year, I received the absolute worst phone call imaginable.

I got a call from my folks, telling me that the Jackson's called them to say Penny was being rushed to the hospital, having been attacked, and brutally beaten.

When I arrived at the ER of our Level One trauma center, I was told by Patrick that Penny was in surgery, and all we could do is wait.

It was two full days later, when we were questioned by police, that I learned the extent of her injuries. It seemed that Penny was attacked by more than one person, and was struck in the head by a very hard object. This fractured her skull, badly enough that the team of doctors working on her put her into a medically induced coma.

She also sustained a broken jaw, plus other cuts and bruises. The detectives also said she was sexually assaulted.

It took all the courage I could muster, not to completely break down in front of her parents, who were both crushed by this heartbreaking news.

For the next week, only her parents were allowed in her room, and then only for a few minutes at a time.

I did manage to start my classes, but for the first few weeks, my heart just wasn't in it. I spent nearly every waking hour concerned that my fiance wasn't going to wake up. And if she did, what she would be like, with these extensive injuries.

Into the second month of her hospital stay, and me being allowed a few minutes visiting her, I would just sit, holding her hand and talking as if she were awake, hanging on my every word.

The lead detective on this case called us all into the waiting room, outside the intensive care unit Penny was in to ask a few more questions.

He had some results of DNA tests that were run, and found out there were at least two assailants, one male and one female, and they were from the same family.

As soon as I heard this information, a light went off in my brain.

A girl in our class, Gloria Carstairs, who hated Penny for some reason, and her older brother, Grant, just seemed to fit this description.

This detective went on to say the DNA from the male showed that he was sterile, which gave me another clue. It seems as if Grant and his wife, had two little kids, neither of which looked like him.

With this added information, this investigator set out to solve this mystery.

Each day, after my classes, I'd be at the hospital, both to talk to my comatose fiance, as well as studying, with both sets of parents reminding me that my schoolwork shouldn't be forgotten.

Nearly seven weeks after this viscious attack, the nightime nurses called us all with the greatest of news. Penny's eyes were open. OK, that was a fantastic first step, and a step in the right direction.

After my last class, I sprinted to the ICU, to see this for myself. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but was hopeful, to say the least.

Getting to her room, I could hardly wait for Patrick and Jackie to waive me inside. Yes, she was still bandaged like the mummy, but her beautiful dark eyes were open, and seemed to be fairly clear.

"Hey there, stranger, what's up?" Her voice was so weak she was barely audible.

"Oh, Penny, that's the most beautiful sentance I've heard in nearly two months," I said, through my tears.

Both her parents told me to stay for just a minute, or two, not to tire her out. Jackie then told me that Penny was able to name both her attackers. Grant and Gloria Carstairs.

"So they will be arrested, today?" I asked.

"These things take time," Patrick told me.

"Time, my ass, its because their father is some wealthy big shot, right?"

"Gene, calm down, they'll be arrested in the next day, or two."

I went back to see Penny and I could tell by the shine in her eyes, she recognized me. I also knew she had a very long road to recovery.

Yes, both brother and sister were arrested, two days later, and I couldn't wait for their arraignment, the following day.

Both of them pleaded not guilty, and their shyster lawyer asked for ROR. No bail.

I was livid, but both of the Jacksons told me it was out of our control.