All Comments on 'Uncontrollable Urges'

by thornapple

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
janetsuejanetsueover 15 years ago
Wow!

Must have taken forever to write this one, but it was great! Good command of the language, realistic, not over the top with fake passion sounds. I've written a couple myself under the name of Janetsue, but this is more intense than any of mine. The only downer is that the ending comes with a whimper, but every story has to have an ending, huh?

Anyway, very professional, hope there's more coming...

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleover 15 years ago
WOW

Eleven pages of hot, sensual, believable, interesting sex. Not your usual "he did this and she did that" thing you read in group sex. I can't wait to read the others. Please get us more.

pumkenpumkenover 13 years ago
What a story!

It was long. It was incredibly written. It was great. Thanks and keep on spinning the stories out. Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer near the end, but life is sometimes a bit of a bummer. Sexciting.

apollo90apollo90over 11 years ago
Interesting twist at the end

Good pace throughout the story and nice development of the characters. You worked the change in Ann very well, but I was surprised at the end.

I really enjoy all your work. Haven't sampled your latest creation (quite lengthy) but looking forward to it.

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2over 10 years ago
Still stands Tall and Proud

This has to be the third time I've read this single creation (Uncontrollable Urges); amazed as much now as ever before. The casual development of the story line, the interaction of the characters, the building trust between soul mates, partners and friends is commendable. There was No Rush to accelerate the action too far, too fast ... leaving some mystery for the reader to imagine all the possibilities, and the surprises with unexpected directions and results. We love your contributions and trust that cycling travels are Still offering you New Adventures ... to perhaps spawn new stories. Life isn't over yet!

ChaffIIChaffIIover 9 years ago
Word for Word.

It took me the better part of the afternoon to read this, and as I said I read word for word. Not skipping over the details or non-erotic parts but all of it. I enjoyed it all and it is a story that holds you and makes you go on to the next page. The sex was good, the plot was good and even the twists at the end. You could feel how the characters felt and how they grew and failed.

Good Job I thoroughly enjoyed it.

reader_3634reader_3634over 8 years ago
A well crafted story

I enjoyed the read and the pace was good, as was the mix of sexual content with the story line. I was sad at the ending for Ann and it is difficult to believe that someone like that, with a loving husband, can become obsessed enough to kill herself - but it is part of the story so I just accept it.

One thing that did confuse me, (I will have to re-read to see if I missed something), but at Sonja's birthday party I didn't see any mention of Hugh fucking anybody (other than getting his cock sucked by Brian). It seemed a bit strange at the time but I just thought he didn't have sufficient recovery. However, sometime later when Ann was telling Brian what she thought of the men, she commented on Hugh's performance when there had not, apparently, been another occasion to get together. Strange - maybe I misread it. I still give it 5 * and have added it to my favourite story list (despite the downer at the end).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I've been working my way through Mr Johnson's, (Thornapple), work,

and have been impressed. I've been jumping around chronologically, unlike with some authors where I have read in order of creation/submission in order to see their development as a writer.

The reason I've been jumping around is 1, I just finished a very long and VERY good story by another Lit author in my favorite genre, sci-fi/fantasy, (Going Feet First by DarkPulse) and NOTHING seems interesting, and 2, with Mr J's works, I've found myself not enticed by the titles or descriptions like I have been with other authors; it's been difficult for me to be interested in any particular work before hand.

What's been interesting is I have still been able to see his development as a writer, and more pleasantly, while not enthused before hand, I have been very impressed and have enjoyed every story I've read, so far. I'd have to check for the precise total, but I know it's more than 10, so it is a fair sampling.

While I won't read all of his work, (some are in genres I'd rather not have the mental images from the floating around in my head), I am confident I will be pleased with all I do read.

Unfortunately, Mr Johnson stopped submitting after Jan 2013, so either he's taking a long hiatus, (which I doubt given his prolific previous contributions), or he's no longer writing or able to write, given his age. Whatever the reason, it's unfortunate we can't hear from the author; plus, this may be all we see of Philip Johnson's work.

He had, from his earliest works, (Uncontrollable Urges being one of them), a very definite 'voice', and view of the world and people which I've recognized in every piece I've read. From the technical quality of the early work compared to the newer, it doesn't appear he was a professional writer, but I have no doubt he could have been.

He has a fertile imagination, an inate feel for plot and pacing, just enough deviousness he could devise and the talent to manage plot twists like Hugh's death & Ann's suicide without losing the tone of the story.

=+=+=+=

I found a couple of fairly common 'rookie' errors in Urges, one of them made me laugh AND go back several chapters to double check my memory.

When Ann was being 'group groped' during her party, he wrote about her being fondled by '12 hands'. I didn't slow down as I read it, but when Sonya was getting the same treatment, plus, he wrote she was being stimulated by '10 hands'.

THAT was when I stopped and thought, 'What? Wait a min...'

It was the correctness of the '10 hands' which made me realize the incorrectness of '12 hands' AND the reason I went back to see if he described Ann touching herself. Her doing so would have made the '12 hands' correct, after all.

In spite of the amount of editing and writing I have done, it's experiences like that which make me appreciate, and remind me, how difficult it is to produce an error free manuscript, and how important a good editor is to an author.

=+=+=+=+=

@ reader_3634

I caught the same 'error' you did about Hugh's exclusion and Ann's later comment. When I reviewed the scene, I realized Sonya left Hugh out when she was pairing up the others because he had wanked off in front of the group earlier. That also explains Ann's comment re: his recovery ability.

=+=+=+=+=

If this is truly the sum total of Phillip 'Thornapple' Johnson's works, it is us, the readers, who are the losers and we should cherish what is here.

Still with us, or not, he is a talented author, and will be missed.

=+=+=+=+=

If you're still with my comment 'tome', consider an idea I just had about persuading Lit to create a 'Gone, But Not Forgotten' Hall of Fame/Memory/Immortalization to memoralize the great works of Lit contributors who are no longer writing, whether they have died, stopped writing, or simply disappeared.

I'm going to write them the suggestion now, if you think it's a good idea, please add your voice, and any ideas you might have on the subject.

Thanks,

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous