Under the Faraday Blanket - Ep. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Robert stirred not much after. The raw crackle of electricity usually woke him. His chest ached. His ears rang. He was slow to notice much of anything else, until he noticed her.

Again he was up and across the room within an instant. A hand went for his belt, pulling out a handkerchief. The other went for his hip, detaching a small toolset. He tossed the handkerchief over her. A static glint passed along the edges. The thin fabric started small but spun open to the size of a king sheet.

Robert slid under it before it covered her. It draped both of them with plenty of blanket to spare. Another glint passed along the edges. This one cinched the fabric shut under them. It encapsulated them entirely. The material reflected the room in a silvery sheen.

The collar soon fizzled, then died. Her signal disappeared from radar once more. The pilot couldn't believe it.

Trinavi eventually fell into Robert's lap. She struggled. He cradled her. The collar's control box was on the side. He wrestled her to reach it.

"What are you doing?" She turned away from the fabric. It felt heavy on her. "What is this?"

Robert flipped open his toolset. The front panel needed a key. He used a mini-drill.

"I'm removing your collar," he said. "I've covered us in a Faraday blanket. They can't shock you in here."

She didn't move, or answer. She rested her head in his glove to remain still. Her heart pounded. Her forearms burned. His voice put her at ease though.

"It's booby-trapped," she said.

"I know." The door to the control box popped open. "It's not my first."

The sedative prickled her mind. She simpered. It sounded sarcastic. The two doses flanked her sensory cortex. Neurons stopped firing in swathes.

"Are you serious? Did I sling a flying handyman or something?"

Robert snickered. The inside of his visor fogged. His helmet was offline.

"Yeah, actually." He removed a special tweezers from his tools. "Flying handyman's pretty close."

She simpered again. This one sounded less sarcastic.

Inside the collar, he switched some wires, flipped a circuit, then overloaded the magnetic lock with a boost from the reserve battery. The pins melted. He waited until he heard them pop. The failsafe tripped without a peep. The latch didn't release completely, but with a tug, Robert pried it off.

She rolled out of his lap on a wave of adrenaline. She snatched the collar and grabbed her neck to check. The blanket matted her hair. Her eyes widened in disbelief. They opened and rotated in unison. The aperture-like motion unsettled the human man.

"Holy shit," she whispered. "You did it."

"What's next?"

She furrowed her brow. The look was intense but not angry. "You can't be serious. Do you have any idea what you're actually asking?"

Robert didn't respond. Instead he disengaged the blanket and ripped it off them. The edges sprung loose. The material returned to its smaller size by itself. Robert stuffed it into his belt while it shrank.

"What's next?" he repeated.

She tilted her head. An ear unraveled. The petals fanned in his direction. He jarred. He'd never seen a Janinan ear open in person. She turned her head to listen. His lungs filled and vented in giant swells. His heart pounded as wildly as hers.

She tossed the collar aside then kicked her feet out. "My ankles. I need to hide, but I'm leaving blood everywhere."

The thrusters blasted the insides to a smear of charred flesh, blood, and brand-marks. The shackles left rings. The visceral reds glistened with the burnt purples.

"That suit got first-aid?"

Robert gagged. He nodded with a mouthful of bile.

The suit's kit came packed with utensils, spools, and small baggies. He pulled out the disinfectant first and splashed each ankle. She grimaced. Her blood collected in a diluted puddle.

"You said you had to hide?" he asked, dabbing her wounds. He threw the rags aside afterward. "Why? Why not just run?"

"I am running," she said. "They just shot me with a fucking trank. I don't have long. I need to hide so I can sleep, then I can keep running."

Robert nodded along. His cheeks flushed. "How long will you be out?"

"I don't know." She pursed her lips. "But if the hiding isn't good enough, I'll wake in chains again."

He huffed then reached for the gauze. As he wrapped up her ankles, she unraveled her ear again. The doors to the music room were locked. She listened through the cracks. The hallway outside branched off into two corridors. Several people worked construction in a lower floor. Their machinery hammered and slapped the walls. The soldiers broke into the school another floor down. Their tools ran quietly.

Robert wrapped her ankles to the calf. "Can you hear them?"

"No." She spun her ear back. "But there's construction a few floors down. I can't hear past it."

When he finished her casts, she rose and wobbled some. Darkness crept into her periphery. She rubbed her neck to remind herself of her new freedom. Her adrenaline waned. Robert packed his things but left the bloody rags and empty spools.

"What's next?" he asked.

The two of them jogged to the exit. Trinavi led. Her casts slipped some. She ran flat-footed to compensate.

"Run as far as I can, then hide."

At the door, Robert went to the control panel on the wall. It required a passcode. He removed his toolset. He wedged a screwdriver into the bottom panel to--

Trinavi kicked the door. The deadbolt broke. Robert startled. He almost dropped the toolset.

"Sorry," she said. "Faster."

"Nah." He repacked his things and they hurried into the hall. "I just didn't know you could do that."

Lockers lined the corridors. Pictures and artwork studded the walls. The ceiling alternated with banners of blue and purple. The decorations congratulated the seniors. The photos showed kids of both species. A quarter of them were Janinan.

Trinavi and Robert disappeared into the first stairwell they found. The soldiers appeared in the opposite hallway shortly after. Their tracks blended into the linoleum.

The door to the music room was hanging off the frame. Both soldiers cursed. The man with the claw-marks sprinted down the opposite hall. The man with the black-eye, and now burnt suit, stormed into the room.

"Son of a bitch." The puddle of bloody disinfectant caught his eye. Pieces of the collar lay beside it. "He did break her free."

His partner ran the hallway. He didn't see them. "I got nothing," he said. "God damn it, you think this guy's Loyallary?"

"Maybe." The other walked the room. He spotted the collar among the drums. "By the look of it, she was bleeding, but he must've patched her up too." He collected the collar pieces. Broken glass peppered half the room. The middle window was the one they crashed through. The window panes were huge. Nonetheless the soldier was stunned. "How the hell did she do that? She slung the guy mid-air and still got them both through a window?"

His partner returned in the doorway, panting. A hinge creaked. "They're gone. What's our next move?"

"I've already called it out," the pilot interrupted. Overhead, he circled the block as low as possible. The complex had a host of recreation on the roof. The sling pillars were lit for a late-night scrimmage. "We'll have the skyways in thirty. Building security shouldn't be a problem."

The man with the black-eye noted the camera in the corner. "We'll take a look around ourselves. She'll be asleep soon. I guess we'll see what he does then. This could take the night, so let's keep this as quiet as possible."

The others copied.

Trinavi and Robert climbed the stairs to the school's top floor. The last exit went to the dorms. The two turned into the hall to avoid involving others. The interface said the door was locked anyway.

They passed lockers by the dozen, classrooms by the pair. Windows saw into many of the rooms. It didn't make good hiding. Other spots included trash bins and trophy cases. The security lights appeared to dim with every corner. The speckle pattern in the linoleum bled like ink.

Trinavi stumbled along with her hand on the wall. "This isn't far enough."

Robert swooped under her arm and helped her along. "Almost there."

"You know where we're going or something?"

"Kinda."

He ended up taking her to a door between classrooms that appeared cast in a concrete slab. The sign read Custodial. He popped the panel on the wall then fiddled. She slumped against a nearby locker.

"I recognize the security," he said. "A lot of buildings use it."

He unlocked the door. They limped in. The room was small and square. There was an office desk in one corner, a shower and mop bucket in another. The lighting stayed dim. Servers and storage units lined the rest of the walls. The technology appeared sophisticated in comparison. The floor was damp. Robert headed for the desk once they were inside. He shoved the chair aside. Trinavi was slow to follow him.

She leaned against the wall, gawking in dismay. "Okay... Not bad, but--"

The sedative cut her off. Her head felt heavy. Robert rummaged through the desk as she slumped against the wall.

"No," he said without looking at her. "This will work." He ransacked the drawers while he spoke. The contents jangled. "You can sleep in the server closet. I can booby-trap the door. I'll take a stand down the hall, draw them away. I already disconnected the cameras along this--"

"What?" She stirred enough to lift her head. "You can't be serious. You can't stay. This isn't a fight. It's an extraction."

Robert jarred then faced her. He remained silent. His shoulders rose and fell like hers. In his suit, he outsized her in every dimension. He wasn't much taller, but she was taller than most men. She pushed off the wall on another wave of adrenaline.

"Why?" She approached him. Her knees almost buckled. "Why are you helping me? I slung you, remember?"

He fidgeted. Luckily his suit didn't let her see it. She folded her arms at the desk. Robert tried to back up, bumping into a server.

"Yeah." He spoke with some attitude. "I do remember. In fact, that's why I'm helping."

She flinched. The look of surprise softened her eyes. She sharply spun them inward to hide it. She unraveled an ear. "Explain yourself."

The servers filled the room with a blustery white noise. Robert collected himself before answering. It took some time.

"When the line hit--" He cleared his throat. "It wrapped me up, ripped my wings, blocked my chute. It pulled like nothing I'd ever experienced. Thought I was dead. Next thing I knew, you were in my arms and we were sliding in a room of music." He paused, as if remembering it differently. "Really bad music, but..."

Trinavi snickered. It caught in her throat. He didn't hear it.

"Everything since has just felt right, I guess." He shrugged. "Which is kind of a new feeling for me, to be honest." He wasn't lying. "So yeah... What's next?"

She retracted her ear. The petals shuddered returning so fast. A curious look then came over her face. "Take off your helmet."

Robert nodded. The latch at the neck gave him trouble. The seal deflated with a hiss. After removing it, he was quick to run a hand through his hair. It fluffed then lay flat like a rag. He tried to smile it off. The boyish grin worked at the club sometimes.

Trinavi snorted through her nose. "What's your name?"

"Robert. Yours?"

"Trinavi."

She sounded more awake with each exchange. She eyed his jawline, his hair, his lips. His hair was dark blonde and shaggy. The stubble was two days old. He didn't think it blended well. She didn't care.

"You seem better now." He set his helmet on the desk. "How's the sedative?"

She shook her head. The thick locks bristled swaying back and forth. "I'm battling it. I need more to beat it."

"More?"

"Adrenaline."

He chuckled and gestured toward the door. "This hasn't been enough for you?"

She eyed him up and down. Her dark irises glinted. "Not fight-or-flight."

The realization was slow to set in. She made it obvious. He didn't believe it.

"Okay. So what's next?"

"Take off your suit."

Her tone sent a chill up his leg. The man didn't ponder it long. There was an emergency release in his belt. He yanked it. The plating came apart in pieces. The mesh of microfiber underneath dressed him like a wet suit. The clingy fabric revealed his build. He struggled unzipping the back. Trinavi smirked. He peeled it off his arms, chest. She liked watching the muscles jiggle in his shoulders.

As he stripped to his boxers, she ripped off her top. The scant fabric slipped over her head with little protest. Robert didn't notice until he stood up. With his suit at his ankles, he nearly tripped.

She let him ogle. The hunger in his eyes helped. "Have you ever been with a Janinan woman?"

He shook his head, stepping out of his mesh. He ruffled his hair. His hands trembled. His boxers left outlines. "And you? I take it you've been with human men?"

"I prefer them."

She ripped off her bottoms with the same ease as her top. The garments fell to the floor in a delicate wrinkle. She kicked them aside with a flick of her cast. His jaw dropped. Her bandages resembled high-top socks.

She unraveled an ear.

He laughed and spread his arms wide. "What do you want to hear?"

She peeked at his boxers. The outlines weren't progressing as she hoped. Although she was calm on the outside, inside the chemicals raged. The darkness billowed rapidly against a storm of precarious lightning.

"Just nerves," he said. "Give me time. I'm here."

He ripped off his bottoms like she did hers. She perked up at first, but a pit sank in her stomach. He was trimmed and shaven.

"You're groomed?" She slumped against the desk. "Are you seeing someone?"

He looked down and continued to laugh. "No. Not anymore. She just broke up with me, actually."

She turned her ear toward him. His heart still pounded as wildly as hers.

"I'd show you the message." He collected himself. "But I deleted it."

Her ear spun back. She smiled, bowing her head in apology. He didn't care. He liked watching her lounge naked against the desk.

"What's next?"

Trinavi headed for the chair. He groaned as she passed him. She walked with a swing in her hips. Her ass held his attention mercilessly.

She rolled the chair to the center of the room. "Sit."

The wheels clattered under his weight. She threw a leg over his lap before he even sat back. She licked her palm, grabbed him. His foot kicked.

"Sorry," she whispered. "I was hit twice. Gotta move fast."

She stroked him, used him for herself. She eased him in once they were both slippery. He threw his head back and exhaled to the ceiling. They slid to a fit as easily as a handshake. She shut her eyes. He prayed.

She began riding him immediately. He grabbed her thighs. She grabbed his shoulders. She started slow. He bucked once.

Her fingers raked through his hair. He clutched her ass. She ran her hands over his arms and chest. He kept clutching her ass. The chair clattered every thrust.

Over time, Trinavi grew heavy. She rested her head in the crook of his neck, breathing shallow. Robert missed it. Her warmth drew him deeper. He lifted her, lowered her on his own. Against his chest, she weighed a feather.

When he realized she fell asleep, he scrambled to his feet and carried her to the desk. He shamed himself for missing it. She jounced against him as if lifeless. He tried not to think about it.

She woke to him snapping his fingers in her face. The sedative fought, hung on. She came out of it confused and angry. The barbaric human had her pinned in the corner, penetrating her.

She shoved him off, pushed with her legs. He flew into the chair then rolled into the servers. They clunked. The lever under the seat broke. With a hiss, the chair dropped an inch.

Trinavi covered her mouth, blushed. The touch of red barely colored her cheeks. "Sorry. One of the nightmares." She spread her legs across the desk to welcome him back. "You still good?"

Robert huffed and pulled himself up. There was no need to answer. He was pointing at her. "Falling asleep on me?"

She popped a brow. "Power nap."

They slapped back together like magnets. She braced herself on the desk. He grabbed her hips. A picture frame tipped over. A mug fell and shattered on the floor. The sedative dulled the crash. In her ear, even the sound of his body smacking against hers muffled.

"Hey," she whispered. She sat up and held him by the nape of the neck. "Can you get that blanket again?"

He dropped to a knee without question. Suit pieces scattered under the desk. The belt lay at the bottom. He found the compartment, forced it open. The edges expanded over them in a cascade of unfolding fabric. Robert was back inside her before it fell. It draped them, most the desk, and some of the floor. The secondary cinch never triggered. He left it like a sheet.

Trinavi watched while it covered them. The blanket was partially see-through. It filtered the room metallic. Her hair helped hold it like a canopy. Robert resumed slower. He cradled her legs for leverage. She held his nape with one hand, supported herself on the desk with the other. Sweat beaded across his brow. Droplets trickled down her breasts.

"Stay with me," he whispered. "Come back to my place. Let me hide you."

The air conditioning switched on. The vent was under the desk. It blew cold air up his legs. Resolve was wearing thin. He shut his eyes to focus. Watching him struggle put a precocious smile on her face. She rocked her hips harder, drew him deeper.

"I don't think you really want that," she said. "I think you just want more of this."

He groaned, nodded. The croon in her voice challenged him. She wasn't wrong. With her legs alone, he saw a dozen ways to entangle her.

"I've got this alley by my apartment," he said, keeping his eyes shut. "I hit it all the time in my suit. Couple-floor slot. I wonder if you could sling it."

The thought slapped the smile off her face. She tried to answer, couldn't. His relentless pounding distracted her more than the sedative.

"It's long," he added. "Really tight, too. You have to hit it fast."

"Yeah," she moaned. "I bet I could."

The precocious smile was his now. "Might take a few tries."

"Probably not."

As the desk shook, the blanket remained in place only shifting about. It dulled the noise outside. Inside, the smacks of their damp flesh resonated.

"So you'd get it first try?"

"Usually do."

The smile left him like it did her. She sent him over the edge with the contest in her voice. He lost it when he looked up. She smiled seeing his big blue eyes clench back shut. She joined him soon after. The rush of endorphins pummeled the last of her lethargic fog.

Trinavi pulled herself into him to ride the rest of the waves. Robert held her close to ride with her. She waited to tell him.