Undercovers Detective Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If I had thought I won some sort of moral victory that day for my independence, I was reconsidering that triumph as I lay there pregnant, on the verge of marriage. I was distraught, wondering if the rift with my family could ever be repaired.

Another thing that was bothering me was how quickly I'd adapted to this assignment. Specifically, to the nudity and public exposure. I was trying to convince myself it was just an act for the sake of the mission, but I knew that wasn't entirely true. I had discovered an exhibitionist side of myself that I had no idea ever existed. It was a powerful thing to have that effect on men.

I looked at the clock: 2:12 am. Sleep overcame me slowly.

-oOo-

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I woke with the startle of my alarm. Like usual, I missed the off-button and hit snooze instead. Five minutes later, it blared at me again. It made no sense for me to curse at an inanimate object, but I called it a cocksucker anyway.

"Wake up, sleepy head," Frank said, shaking my shoulder.

"I don't wanna." I groaned. "Leave me alone."

"The courthouse opens at nine and we don't want to wait in a long line. Don't you want to get dolled up for pictures?"

Suddenly, my groggy mind started to clear and the realization of what was happening struck me like cold water thrown in the face. I was about to sign away my independence. I should have been happy because I dearly loved Frank—that was beyond question. I just couldn't understand why I was filled with so much apprehension. I guess it was natural to feel these emotions, especially in my circumstances.

"Give me a few minutes," I said. "I need some coffee to wake up before I transform into your beautiful bride."

It seemed a bit silly to me at this point to wear white.

When I finally drug myself out of bed, Frank gave my butt a hard slap.

"You get dressed and I'll make your coffee. Janine and Tom said they'll meet us at the courthouse in an hour." He kissed my forehead and went down stairs.

As I was blow drying my hair, I couldn't help but feel a bit sad. This wasn't how I envisioned my wedding day. I never considered getting married at the courthouse in the morning and then dancing nude in front of a room full of drooling perverts in the afternoon. I really needed to discuss some things with Frank before we'd say, "I do."

-oOo-

Frank handed me a cup of java, fixed exactly as I liked it.

"We need to talk," I casually said.

"Okay..."—he glanced at his watch—"but we don't have much time."

"I don't care how long it takes. We need to talk about some things I'm struggling with or there will be no wedding."

He looked at me with a look of concern. "Alex, what's wrong?"

I sipped my coffee slowly and said, "First of all, I want to say that I love you, Frank. Never doubt that, please."

"I love you, too. In fact, I will love you forever." He smiled.

"That's part of what I want to discuss. Your forever is probably way different than my forever."

"You mean our age difference? You said that wasn't a factor, if I recall correctly."

"I know. But that was then... when I was just your girlfriend—before I got pregnant. A woman in my condition can't help but consider the future."

"Sweetheart, I can't do anything about our age difference. What I can promise you is that I'll try to be a great husband and father every day that I live. No one can predict the future. All I can do is try to make you happy."

"Frank." I set my coffee on the counter and met his eyes. "I know that you'd be a great father and husband, I don't doubt that. But there's more going on in my head and I tried to talk to Janine about it. If you can be patient, I'll try to explain."

"Always. I'm listening."

"First and foremost, what I absolutely demand from marriage is honesty...on both our parts. Without it, we have nothing. We're going to take vows today for life and I don't take that lightly."

"I agree," he said, holding my hands.

"You know better than anyone the tremendous changes I've gone through since we went undercover. The first rule of honesty is to be truthful with yourself. Lately, I have thoughts and desires that would have been shocking to me a short time ago. I scare myself at what I'm capable of."

"Alex, that is something that happens to most undercover officers. To be convincing, operatives infuse their staged profile into their personality. When this assignment is over, you'll go through the reintegration process."

"I'm aware of that. I talked with the department counselor before taking the assignment and she warned me ahead of time. However, there are changes in me now that no amount of counseling will make go away. I'm not sure what is real and pretend anymore."

"Such as?"

"If you remember, I was shaking like a scared little bird when we first started this. I was so introverted that I would shun all public attention. Now I dance in the nude, wait on tables topless, and give lap dances. What frightens me is how fast I adapted. I actually enjoy the attention and power my body gives me over men. That includes you."

"Babe, I'm under your spell." He chuckled. "Not because you're convincing at your act, but because I love you. Alex, I really can't see how this has any bearing on us getting married."

"Can I ask you something personal, Frank?"

"Of course. We have no secrets between us."

"It's been on my mind a lot lately." I paused. "How many women have you had sex with?"

"No one since I met you."

"You misunderstood my question. I'm asking the total number in your whole life."

He looked at me with a puzzled face and after a long pause, he said, "I've never kept score, honestly. A few, I guess. Why?"

"It's important to what I'm thinking about. Just give a ball park number. Was it ten, twenty, fifty?"

"Hon, I really don't remember. Except for my brief eleven-month marriage, I've been single my whole life. If I had to guess I'd say more than twenty and less than fifty. Where is this leading?"

"Well, the number of men I've been with is easy for me to count... just you."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying my sexual desires right now are off the charts, which I'm sure you're aware of."

"Oh, yes, I'm very aware." He grinned. "So, is that an issue?"

"My problem is that I'm engaged to you and I look at other men all the time and wonder. I wonder what they'd be like in bed, how'd they be as lovers. Frank, unlike me, you've sampled the goods out there for years and I haven't. I'm very conflicted. I love only you and am honored to become your wife, but in all honesty, I don't want to make the vow of forsaking all others and question my ability to honor it. That would be dishonest and not how I want to start our marriage together."

"Alex, I'm not ignorant of your growing sexual desires or your tendency for exhibitionism. I'm doing my best to keep up with you. You've gone through a ton of changes in a short time. I understand your reservations, but no matter what compromise I need to make, I want you to be my wife and my partner in life."

"Look at our sexual history, Frank. In the short time I've been with you, we've already had a threesome with Janine."

"How could I forget?"

"That night was the hottest night of my life. It was incredibly sexy watching you fuck her brains out. I knew I should've been jealous, but I wasn't in the least. I don't think I'm ready to give that up."

He pulled me close and said, "Who says we need to give it up? It'll be our marriage and our choices."

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief.

"Absolutely. Seeing our age difference, we're already in a relationship that doesn't fit the typical mold. As long as we do things together in complete honesty and love, we can set our own rules and parameters."

"You mean like an 'open marriage'? You'd do that?"

"I'm a realist. Your happiness and our children's happiness are paramount to me. I believe our love is strong enough to endure most anything. So long as we remain open and honest with each other, I think we'll have a great marriage—unconventional, but great nonetheless."

I smiled at that. A giant weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"I need to hurry and get dressed if we plan on getting there early." I kissed him softly.

-oOo-

The line at the register's office wasn't long. We got the application and filled it out together. I was suddenly aware that my life and my name was going to be changed in a few minutes. I would now be Alexia McGannon. My dad was so concerned about a "whore" like me having his name, now he could rest assured that this was no longer the case.

Janine and Tom were to be our witnesses. I saw them in the waiting room as we entered. We took our marriage application back, paid the fee, and were told to go to chamber two. All of us took a seat and waited. My knee kept bouncing as I sat—a nervous tick.

Frank put his arm around me and whispered, "It will be fine. I love you."

I looked at Janine and she smiled reassuringly. There were two couples ahead of us. One couple didn't look old enough to be tying the knot, and the other couple looked like they were in their eighties.

Oh my God... I'm scared shitless. We're next.

Then it happened, they called our names. The four of us stood up before the judge.

-oOo-

"A wedding is such a wonderful occasion," the judge began, "filled with hopes, dreams and excitement. We are here today to celebrate the love that Frank and Alexia have for each other, and to recognize and witness their decision to journey forward in their lives as marriage partners. May your love create a safe haven for you both on the journey that lies ahead of you. Lead with your hearts and take the time to do the simple things that will nurture your love.

"Deeply listen to each other—to your dreams, and to your frustrations. Be helpmates. Be playful in finding new ways to give your love anew to each other every day. Let your love be an inspiration to others to reach for what is good within us all. May your love be so abundant that you have plenty to share with the rest of us as well. It is your love that has brought us together here today. May it grow deeper and sweeter with each passing year.

"Do you, Frank McGannon take, Alexia Hunter to be your partner for life? Do you promise to walk by her side forever, and to love, help, and encourage her in all she does? Do you promise to take time to talk with her, to listen to her, and to care for her? Will you share her laughter and her tears, as her partner, lover, and best friend? Do you take her as your lawfully wedded wife for now and forevermore?"

Frank didn't hesitate. Within a microsecond he almost shouted, "I do."

"Do you, Alexia Hunter take Frank McGannon to be your partner for life? Do you promise to walk by his side forever and to love, help, and encourage him in all he does? Do you promise to take time to talk with him, to listen to him, and to care for him? Will you share his laughter and his tears, as his partner, lover and best friend? Do you take him as your lawfully wedded husband for now and forevermore?"

After a slight pause, I softly answered, "Yes, I do."

"Do you have rings to exchange?"

Tom handed the rings to the judge.

"And now, seal your promises with these rings, the symbol of your life shared together. Frank, please repeat after me: Alexia, this ring I give as token and pledge, as a sign of my love and devotion. With this ring, I thee wed."

Frank repeated the words and slipped the ring on my finger. It was tight because my pregnancy had swollen my finger, but I was suddenly calm, feeling a warmth that flowed through me.

"Alexia, please repeat after me: Frank, this ring I give as token and pledge, as a sign of my love and devotion. With this ring, I thee wed."

I repeated the vow and slid the gold band on my husband's finger; it was a perfect fit.

"Frank and Alexia," said the judge. "By the power invested in me, by the State of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!"

All the people in the chamber applauded. I jumped in Frank's arms and we kissed.

-oOo-

Frank

We had no time for celebration. Alex was due at the Slice, and I had a meeting with Viktor. When I walked in the club, my beautiful bride was practicing her song. I paused to listen. She was rehearsing "Killing me Softly" by Roberta Flack and sounded damn good. I waved as I walked toward the offices. I wanted to stay and watch her but had to stay on task and talk with Viktor.

As I tapped on the door, I said, "It's Frank."

"Get in here!" Viktor answered. "Where the fuck have you been?"

"I was busy. You didn't give a time in your text."

"There's something we need to discuss. Sit down."

"I'll stand."

"Suit yourself." He shrugged. "But for what I'm going to tell you, I think you might want to be seated."

"Say what you have to say."

"All right. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Spit it out, I don't have all day."

"Frank, I've known about your plans for some time now."

"What plans? I have no clue what you're talking about."

He reached out across the desk to get a cigar. I reacted and put the butt of my pistol in my palm.

"No need for any artillery. I told you nothing gets by me in this town." He lit the cigar and exhaled a puff of smoke. "I know all about your weekend raid at my mansion."

Fuck.

"I have a proposal," he added.

"I don't know what you're on about, Viktor." I feigned ignorance. "What raid?"

"Frank, Frank, Frank," He flashed a wolfish grin. "Please don't insult my integrity. Are you going to listen to my proposal or not?"

I knew the operation was blown at this point. There was no use in lying.

"Well?" said Viktor, who was blowing out another cloud of smoke.

"I'm all ears."

"Good man! That's what I like to hear."

Fuck you.

"Here's the deal," he proposed. "I know you're planning the biggest international bust in history and... I want to help you."

There's gotta be a catch, I thought.

"So you're telling me that you're suddenly a fine upstanding citizen? Do I look stupid?"

"Fraaaaank, I know you're not stupid! Neither am I!" He laughed. "I'm offering my help for some...let's say, concessions."

I pulled out my police special and sat down facing him, putting the pistol in my lap.

"What concessions?" I asked. "You're always working an angle, aren't you?"

"Of course! I'm a business man. A Russian capitalist."

"You're no business man—just a low life criminal that crawled out of the sewer that's going to die strapped to a gurney. I should do everyone a favor and put a bullet in your head right now."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk... So much hostility!" Viktor shook his head. "Are you sure you want to go to jail, Frank? You're going to be a papa very soon... to twins."

I stared at him in disbelief. How the fuck did he know?

"That would not be so wise for you, my friend." He smiled condescendingly. "I told you that nothing happens in my town I don't know about. Do this my way and you'll get credit for the biggest criminal bust in history. You will be famous, Frank."

"You think you're going to walk? What is it you want?"

"I want to be your witness for immunity of prosecution and"—he smoked his cigar—"put into the witness protection program. No one does that better than the good old USA."

To be continued

12