All Comments on 'Unexpected Promotion (Feb Sucks)'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 149 Comments
LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

Yeah, not bad. But she deserved more shit. I am forever grateful to God and all the saints that my wife is one of the good ones. Thank you, Mother Mary. I love you, Carolyn Mary. More, please. 5 stars, the Bear says you did good.

The BEAR

woodrangewoodrange3 months ago

find your stories on this theme really humorous. 5 stars

jflindersjflinders3 months ago

I hated February Sucks and have disliked most of the followups, of which there are far, far too many, so it was surprising to actually enjoy this one.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

You play, you pay!

5

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7473 months ago

This is one of the better stories of the wonton slut falling for the football jock. The jock deserves to be castrated for his actions.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

This was certainly one of the better alternates. I rather enjoyed not having to wade through anything regarding the “friends” who supported the actions of the cheaters this time or reliving Asshole and his sexual prowess. Decisive action and immediate consequences were good too.

Diecast1Diecast13 months ago

Enjoyed the story. AAAAA+++++

Smiffy69Smiffy693 months ago

More Feb Sux stories!

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamore3 months ago

Put February to bed. Please, put the gun down

jasonnhjasonnh3 months ago

I liked the story very much from Jim's side. Though a painful process, Jim moves on with his life with a positive outlook. He even has the understanding and support of his in-laws, once they see what their daughter did.

Surprisingly, not as much from Linda's side. The original, and many other follow ups, paint Linda as a great wife that had a surprising, and catastrophic, lapse of judgement. It is a story of how ONE bad choice can destroy your life. In this version, Linda is, like in so many LW stories, a self entitled, unrepentant slut and therefore not as interesting as a character. She is an iconic punching bag and her affect is to present herself as deserving it.

ttt59ttt593 months ago

It is a bit of a tired subject but always enjoy Linda getting her due on some level. Don't think the parents would take that harsh of a tone with her but otherwise it was good. The best part was your MC wasn't a wimpy, "can't leave because of the kids" character. He did what needed to be done and was still a faithful father, just without the cheating skank slut.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Nice turn to the tale. thanks

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Not a bad sequel on its own, but you've pumped out a few of them recently. It wasn't worth the effort to check, but parts of this one were word-for-word (or at least parts of it) from one of your more recent ones with a new twist inserted. There's also no plot depth for after his move and his emotional recovery. Pure narrative is not a great conveyance for emotion. 3.4*

miket0422miket04223 months ago

Started out ok. The language Linda's parents used towards her brought that to a screeching halt. Quickly devolved into a rushed mishmash of not so creative cliches.

Bry1977Bry19773 months ago

I really enjoy reading your feb sucks renditions! i myself have one in the works. I say keep em coming as long as the ideas flow

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

Not bad, although I’m disappointed that Jim left his kids that easily. They can’t have much of a life, living with a shunned mother, on a very tight budget. Emma knew the reason, would blame her mother for Jim’s absence. Not a great way to grow up.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne3 months ago

Not bad, but he punished his kids as much as Linda. Not admirable.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermit3 months ago

Another good one. I agree with many of the previous comments, but the original story and the myriad sequels make a great universe of entertainment. This sequel was entertaining and well-written. I enjoyed it, although it needed to be slightly longer. Jim's move to Freudenberg, his new job, and recovery came too fast and conveniently. Too many authors use the crutch of a new, better, higher-paying job as a crutch for the cheated hubby. Secondarily, I admit retribution on ole Marc is deserved; ganging up on him and beating him is another vehicle used too frequently, no matter how much we enjoy the thought of physical retribution. Use some ingenuity here! 'Nuff said.

AardieAardie3 months ago

No money from a class action lawsuit?

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

This one is very good ... thank you!

GuentharGuenthar3 months ago

Why would anyone drive a Million dollar Ferrari in February?

demanderdemander3 months ago

Walking away is really the only solution to this scenario. See as much of the kids as you can, and as little of the ex as possible. It doesn't make for so much of a story. Revenge is okay, but risky. Publicity is a two edged sword. So, I say just walk. D

phill1cphill1c3 months ago

"Quickly devolved into a rushed mishmash of not so creative cliches..."

The story itself is a cliche at this point.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit3 months ago

Well..., it didn't really light any fireworks, now did it? - It wasn't too bad, but alas, neither was it very good! Having already spotted the brevity, I wasn't expecting Tolkien, which was probably just as well really, as this wasn't really any deeper than Beatrice Potter, IMHO, of course!

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

Nice touch on the knees…. Fucker had it coming

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

you seem a little stuck on "what if something happened to the kids and they needed you", otherwise I enjoy the views you take on this story.

FeltfixerFeltfixer3 months ago

All cheater stories should contain a face to face confrontation between husband and wife.

Sadly missing in this version. Often the confrontation is the best part of a story.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

that would have been really good had Linda had a come-to-jesus moment during the epilogue. she got her consequences but her character grew in a bad way in this story. I assume she's now just a miserable human, incapable of many human emotions like sympathy and empathy, that wanders the planet blaming everyone else for her lot in life.

Jim got his freedom, and an assumed good life, but no true happiness. He ran and hid from the betrayal and pain. He didn't get revenge, a divorce, part-time parenting hundreds of miles away from his children, and read about others delivering justice to Marc's knees. No true revenge from surviving because he's emotionally damaged. No love because he's afraid. He's living a good life, but not his best life with his pride intact and his past resolved nor forgotten. if that makes any sense.

still, enjoyed it. just wish his recover and path forward was more emphatic.

Pinto931Pinto9313 months ago

Not a bad attempt, but Linda was basically a cardboard cut out of a character.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Oatmeal 1969 gives a couple of good comments below which I can support. I did enjoy reading the story though. Thanks for your writing.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere3 months ago

Feb Sucks sequels generally do. This isn't an exception.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I liked it. I don't know why the original and all the sequels get my blood pressure up, but they do. They really hit a nerve and this was about right. In reality, I would not recommend the physical retribution since it's too much risk to take and neither of them are worth it, but it is fun to contemplate. Good job.

husker506husker5063 months ago

Good storyline but I would have liked to see them reunited after she finally realizes her error in judgement. You made her to be a vicious person that basically didn't care about her great husband and father. I know it's a short version for Valentine's stories, but you could have been more understanding of her.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice993 months ago

Wimp who doesn't even try to forgive Worthless to his kids When one of the assaulters breaks with prosecution he will go to prison for 20 years and all of his assets not seized by ex-wfe will go to Marc AS he sits in his prison cell with bubba he will drool out and cackle I got my revenge

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

👍👍, 5⭐️

MrFreckleMrFreckle3 months ago

I love the quick decision and follow through on your characters.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69893 months ago

No complaints here, felt you addressed every thing properly.

crazymike45crazymike453 months ago

Great story! Finally, the husband came out on top and the slut is working for tips.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff3 months ago

The cherry on the top was the tight end using a walker. Brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Best response I've read yet.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another good version of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have to agree with the rest of the crowd: this was one of the better endings.

I’m just glad he kept up with kids and that they appreciate who he is.

MisterPGMisterPG3 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Liked this one. Some readers might be getting tired of reading different versions of February Sucks... I'm not one of them 🙃

Keep them coming!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

Oh this was very good.

Great effort @funperson969.

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

A different alternative again, only issue is you keep forgetting the other characters such as Dee, who practically influenced the issue as well, what became of those so-called friends?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One rare version of the millions FebSuks awful tale, where the husband has a male brain. Lacks something about the divorce consequences, money, kids etc. Aniway, this is an almost perfect rectification of the usual cheating-cuck-raac irrealistic alternative versions of this poor Feb month so much mistreated. 5 full stars well deserved.

WargamerWargamer3 months ago

You can write that style of Feb Sucks as long as you like, l like your stories, nothing beats a good BTB, we all know. It sure beats the plethora of Cuck shit one finds on Loving Wives these days hands down.

So keep up the good work and welcome to my favourites.

Scores 5/5

Kernow2023Kernow20233 months ago

good alternative

Pappy7Pappy73 months ago

Was a pretty good rendition of the same old song. He didn't seize up and become unable to function and he didn't try to stay together for the kids. He had pride and he had balls and enough sense of self worth to keep going. Wasn't going to score it at first but this Jim gets my 5.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm so glad that 969 shares my addiction to Feb sucks spin offs and I love his writing style, full of sardonic humour and sharp turns of phrase. I also love that 969 doesn't have any delusion that he is Tolstoy and doesn't feel the need to offer up 15 page stories laden down with masses of padding and veering off on pointless tangents, so five of the brightest for another enjoyable romp.

/

My take on the conversation that inspired the original Feb sucks is that the women in the group were exploiting the men's 'Fragile Male Egos' to collectively yank their chains.

Given that this planet's human population numbers in billions there must be a small number of women who would pull the stunt that Linda does here but any of the overwhelming majority who value themselves would enjoy the ego boost for a while then gently shut down the would be Lothario. No woman who values herself and her family would want to be a notch on the bedpost of an arrogant dickhead who won't even remember her name the next day. JR

skruff101skruff1013 months ago

The author has 24 submissions a quarter of which are FS stories, seems the guy idolises the GA god, who is sadly a false idol. Still the title of the original is quite literal in as much as ‘February Sucks’ sucks

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I’m genuinely starting to feel sorry for you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Liked it although the slut got off relatively easy 5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It sad that Linda still says that she deserved her night out and not seem to morn the destruction of her family

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I didn't read it but scored it a 1 only because I couldn't score it a -1000

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very average…to the point of boring.

.

3 ***

DadieODadieO3 months ago

Pretty good take.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

" In fact, everything revolved around her. Not that I minded, I loved her. But I never realized until that night how one-sided our love was."

\

And who's fault is that? The stupid cuck got what he married and enabled, so he deserved what he got. Love is not about giving, Love is about Sharing. If you don't love yourself enough to demand respect and fidelity, how can you love your spouse as a mature responsible adult? And that sharing is a daily exchange of commitment and caring. Another One-Way marriage discovered too late to be fixed. Well better late than never. At least the cuck has an opportunity to make a better choice the second time.

\

But please leave out the bull shit where Linda is so alone and despondent. She's attractive, likes to fuck, and has no morals or ethics. She will have some new sucker spoiling her and eating her shit just to see where it comes from, and she won't miss any opportunity to tell her comrade whores what an amazing night of fucking she had with her dream jock. Later in life her regret and punishment will be provided by her children, but that story awaits another telling.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Didn’t add anything new or interesting.

Formatting mistakes were a bit of a distraction. The italics stopping too soon, the conversations not clarifying who was talking, the lack of quotation marks.

Finally, there seems to be this theme in LW lately that turning off your cellphone is child endangerment. Prior to cellphones parents were often unreachable, no one died because of it. Now, turning off your cellphone is some grave danger to your children? Weird.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hey all you FebSucks haters, do like the cucksters suggest and don't read them. Easy-peasey.

FYI for those below a certain age, the Rod Stewart reference was to "(Find A) Reason To Believe", a pretty apropos selection imho.

As for the story, yeah, pretty formulaic and cliched, definitely not your best work. But, being competently well written and with the absence of willing cucks and cum dumpster hot wives gives it an automatic 4 ☆'s.

Thanks Author, now please do give us a little break from these and turn your talents to some different source material. Just a thought, but there was an author, now deceased, who went by FTDS (finish the damn story) that did pretty well adding on to stories with unsatisfying endings. No idea how he is about others adding on to his work, but Just Plain Bob has over 800 stories and several thousand ftds comments.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Jim's interaction with Linda and Mark was pretty lacking. He pretty much turned off his phone and ran off and hid, letting his in-laws do his job. He also just dumped the kids.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written.Could have been developed more and longer but that’s just my opinion.Still 5stars

ribnitinribnitin3 months ago

This is probably the shallowest version of the story

sf_operative63sf_operative633 months ago

Not too bad. Agree with SW's conmentary...

DOL

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The mother and father's reaction was way over the top!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This one fits my thoughts the best. It was a bit shoot from the hip but at least he escaped with his balls. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not enough. He doesn’t have primary custody, the slut wasn’t punished, and the player didn’t suffer that much.

Divorce isn’t punishment. It’s merely letting the government know that the slut ended the marriage. As for the publicity, that’s just a natural consequence of choosing a public figure over your husband.

Of course demander thinks that it’s best to walk away. He’s written a few stories where the other man is killed, but he’s never punished any female character.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's one thing to write a new ending to George Anderson's classic story. But you have an obsession with it that borders on crazy. You have posted at least 6 stories with different endings for this one story. This one was reasonable, but felt rushed and unfinished at the end. I usually like your writing, but this is getting old. Maybe try something new?

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

One of the better versions. A little rushed, though. 4/5 BRB

PowersworderPowersworder3 months ago

I really liked his approach, but the story just felt a bit... thin.

This needed more detail, in particular more dialogue with Linda, rather than a bunch of narration to wrap this up.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"I... I... I thought the kids would be safe with Mrs. Porter. Are they okay?" - Yes, they'd be safe under normal circumstances, that doesn't mean that they couldn't fall ill or have an accident.

\

"You know she never was a big Linda fan, and she's fighting hard to not say I told you so." - What was wrong with Linda before this? In the story there was no indication that she was ever anything but a loving wife.

\

@Rocky62, the attack on the knees isn't exactly original, neither in LW in general or Feb Sucks in particular.

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon3 months ago

As "demander" said below, the only way out of this situation is to walk away and do whatever it takes to minimize the damage to self. This sequel does just that. Marked it down to 4 stars from 5 stars due to the "won the lottery" plot device (not a really big payout, but the new job gives Jim a small jackpot). Most dads wouldn't get that option and would have to just slog through it in the old job in the old location (but at least be free of Linda, while having every other weekend and Wednesdays with the kids).

enderlocke77enderlocke773 months ago

feb is awesome, nothing new here. feb suck stories are starting to repeat themselves.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Keep February sucking. Great entertainment. Those that don't approve don't have to read 'em.

Sumnut96Sumnut963 months ago

I enjoyed this version out of the many. 5 stars DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Any differences between the seemingly endless Feb Sux clones are minimal at best. You are ALL writing the same story over and over.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A complete piece of trash and a waste of time. Cliché filled husband is a saint cheating wife is a whore. Another divorced guy trying to work through his demons.

Quit being lazy and writes your in celebrity hall pass stories.

Hooked1957Hooked19573 months ago

One of the better follow-ups, in my opinion. Thanks.

Hooked

KRD19254KRD192543 months ago

Not saying this story is bad JUST 'predictable' if your a moral person and you are seeking LW BTB points.

\

As far as Linda being fired due to parents moral complaints, not going to happen, not with today's DEI Teachers Unions.

\

Missing is any Dee flaming, the real root to Linda's narcissistic princess problem. As far as her mom/dad flaming Linda, (it was private with no witnesses and cameras not considered) I think it was overly mild, I expected at least one slap to Linda's smug mouth.

\

My turn off, was Jim's willingness to toss his kids so soon and easy. He was right he was going to take it in the ass in Court, but he walked too fast.

\

3.4*** hooyah

pantylvr2pantylvr23 months ago

Definitely one of the best versions

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm3 months ago

"By the way kids, your mother and I are divorcing because she left with another man. Now stay with your grandparents because I can't be bothered to take care of you while I shake my head over all the hurt the narcissistic bitch is raining down on you. Not me, of course. I'm an awesome parent! But I'm not going to call you for the next few months because... I won't even think of you."

-

It never fails to amaze me just how disconnected from reality some authors are...

Also: Please check your formatting. It's hard to read when the italics stop midway through his text messages.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

5 stars for what I think is one of the better follow-on stories in the FebSucks multiverse !

It's tough to find new thoughts and ways to tell or add to George Anderson's epic story, which is evidently the one story most followed or added to or used as a base for other authors on Lit.

Adding to the lore of Linda and Jim has become a kind of rite of passage for authors on the site... some do it better than others, and I think this was one of the better ones.

Nicely done.

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

A pretty good rendition and retelling of GAs story. The asshole gets the proper karma and 'what goes go around comes around' treatment, yes I do believe in those I have seen them actually happen. As far as things happening just like in GAs stories maybe not but you see it all the time go to a class reunion and most of the older guys have re-married younger women yeah it happens on the men's side to, probably because as men get older they don't los there looks as much as women to and being older they are probably better off in the earnings department and women who are alone are quite aware of this. A decent story but as they prelude suggests no new ground was covered and Marc did get what he deserved in this and several other stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So he leaves his kids in a “pit of gloom” just to make them think more of him. What a winner. Typical funperson bullshit of not knowing how bad his MCs also are. Makes you wonder

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He's an asshole of a father.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

@overconfident - seeing how HIS preference, clearly stated in the story, was to get full custody, you're as full of shit as the skanky psycho wife. It's not his fault people like you voted to have the court system punish fathers even when the so-called "mother" is evil and at fault. Your man hating colors are showing.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

You know your LW story is a good one when all the misandric assholes come out in droves to criticize it in comments, without a shred of actual evidence or valid points, or providing "evidence" they made up in their heads that contradicts the story itself. Easy 5 stars, and good BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nothing new. Similar stories been done with this February nightmare. Are authors running out of ideas, they got to steal another's theme over and over?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked it. Are there better versions? Yes. Are there worse versions? Yes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One idiot reader suggested if you don't like February stories don't read them, but in the next paragraph tells the author to write his own stories, at least something different. Can this person see the hypocrisy in his words? Always did like the feedback section, hilarious, often better than the actual story. Some of you need to read your own comments before posting them. As to story, nothing new, same old crap over and over. At least it wasn't a "willing cuck" story. That's something.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I've enjoyed Your versions of February sucks, but at this point you've really beat the horse to death. Time to move on

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I can't believe how many reader's actually fawn over the shit February stories. It's as if there aren't enough good interesting stories in the "hall of fame" of Loving Wives. I admit, most of the stories in loving wives are just garbage, especially when it concerns the wimps and cucks who call themselves men. You all know who you are. But come on, how many different versions are really available for this crappy story. Two, you reconcile or you divorce. End of story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

H gee you writers just give it up now please, none of you have ever come close to the impact of the GA gut twister. Go off and do something original for once please, pretty please, on our knees please.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another LW story were the husband packs up and runs away. Must be a LW thing, like changing the locks or hiring a private investigator. lol

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh.

Three stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hoorah! You're back on the straight and narrow again with another FS extravaganza. 5 stars and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

For those that are interested. I was curious how many authors continued the February story or based their story on February. So I took some time and researched this story. Seventy eight authors wrote at least one story. Seven authors wrote 2 stories. Three authors wrote 3 stories. Two authors wrote 4 stories. One author wrote 6 stories. That makes a total of 90 authors. That's quite a record. Out of the ninety authors, four received the red H for this story. Of all these it would be interesting to see how many were BTB or RCAA or other. Curious? (signed ML)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous