All Comments on 'Unintended Consequences'

by CAROLINA_GENTLEMAN

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"What this means is that

Im a cuck and I deserve a miserable life with a cheating fuck slut

Why was he so upset with the whore being pregnant?

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 4 years ago
Very Good, but ...

I really like your stories. You really should have added a paragraph or 2 about what happened to the other families, especially the 3 other female teachers. Maybe the one that also regretted her actions was able to save her marriage also. The other 2 deserved to be publicly humiliated a cheaters.

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
loved it

was hoping for a bit of Beth punishment though. ty for the read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Superb and beyond praise. Thank you so much.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

I normally hate reconciliation stories, because the cheating spouse doesn't usually deserve it. You handled this one really well though and I'm glad it worked out for this couple.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago
Great story...

I've got no problem with this reconciliation at all, in fact, I was hoping it would happen. In my eyes, the wife truly made a "mistake." Yes, the booze and drugs were self-administered, but she admitted it was her fault... no excuses.

None of it was ever intended and it was a one-time thing. Guilt, remorse, and shame for the rest of the week. The video proved everything she told him was true, including the part where she called him by her husband's name all night. I'm glad they were able to stay together.

Great story, very insightful, very moving. 5 stars, thanks for posting.

Richie4110Richie4110about 4 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the characters and how the story unfolded. I had expected Jules to become pregnant from the tryst. I liked the way the hope and expectations evolved.

Thank you for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well Done!

I like to burn the bitch, but I like it even more if they make-up.

As someone said already, she truly made mistake, and was sorry for it.

People who go by: once cheater always a cheater are VERY, VERY wrong!

Every one makes mistakes, and if they learn from it than it is all GOOD!

One who doesn't think that above is correct haven't looked in the mirror,

or if it did, than is pretending that all is well?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Reasonable reconciliation

So often the reconciliation is forced or unrealistic. They would have most certainly needed counseling. One simply cannot work through trust issues alone and the MC would have them herself because he also technically cheated... more times and it was planned.

Still, a reconciliation i can get behind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
PITIFUL!

Just another pathetic RAAC story!

Rob5373Rob5373about 4 years ago
Wonderful story

I know you’ll catch hell from the few “cuck story 1*” jerks that don't have the ability to appreciate a love story when he includes infidelity but who listens to them. I enjoyed your story and love a happy ending. I know from my writing experience it’s hard to come up with new themes in the LW category but we keep trying. Many are just renditions of the same old themes but I still like them . 5* from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I don't know why this hasn't scored higher

This is one of the few reconciliation stories that isn't a RAAC. The author has done a good job of making the reconciliation plausible..

Tiger27Tiger27about 4 years ago

Great story! I too would like to have seen Beth and Donna get their pussy's knocked in the dirt by vengeful husbands. Also, nothing was said about the four lounge lizards who also participated in the fiasco. Other than sending videos to their respective spouses, they seemed to get off without any consequences.

This is a well written story with good flow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Pretty good story, great writing.

I think you are a very talented writer but I have a few issues with the story.

First off I don't buy that she was so drunk and high that she thought it was her husband. The groping on the couch, yes, but the rest, no.

Did she have her eyes closed the entire time? They walked to the bedroom together. She didn't see it was not her husband? They stripped. Did she not see it was not her husband? Didn't see the hairy chest? Never touched his body? She gave a blow job. She didn't open her eyes at all? Doesn't know her husbands cock or crotch from the stranger? She had to have to lay down on the bed for him to mount her. Her eyes still closed? She never catches on until the next morning? Really?

Second issue is the other years. Even if he buys this one time, which he did, he was so quick to forget about the other trips. His trust in her is now 100% based off of one video of one week. She has taken this trip for years and who knows what else she did without a week away.

Lastly, I missed what they told the kids. They were a non entity.

More plausible would be that the guy carried her to the bed while she was passed out and she wakes up in the morning and screams rape and the story becomes how they as a couple deal with the rape. Rape is horrible but if you are drunk, high, and put in a bad situation like this more possible and plausible than what was portrayed.

But it is YOUR story and as I said it was well written.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
Copy and Paste

Copy and paste Powersworder’s comment here.

5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not buying it.

In my experience, smoking or eating dope makes girls think, not lose their inhibitions. The surest way for a guy to score is through alcohol. And, Alcohol plus weed equals sleep. A thinking married or attached woman who is supposedly committed to her SO would enjoy the buzz but not engage in betrayal while stoned unless it was already a part of her personality makeup.

So no in no way do I buy this “explanation”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Husband affair

Did anyone else miss the part where the husband admitted to sleeping with another woman several times? It's true the wife had a one-night encounter while drunk, but the husband had an ongoing affair. This was before the wife's mistake. How is this comparable?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
One issue:

There had to be more than just pot in those brownies. Booze and pot might make you feel good, but you’re not going to mistake a stranger for your spouse. You needed ecstasy or cocaine or something else in them to make the story believable.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
The author did everything he could to . . .

. . . have Julia not be at fault for the adultery, but Ximand and anony still think her husband is a cuck for taking her back. For some guys reconciliation is just never possible.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Good day on lit today..

Two great stories today! I spend money on books and don t get this quality of writing, thank you for this a great story.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 4 years ago
Where did she go wrong?

One might say she failed the fidelity test when she let her friends bring four guys into the vacation.

Red flags didn't go up? She didn't have a talk with the others? An adult, thinking women would.

Otherwise great writing. Not a cuck in sight.

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1about 4 years ago
WOW 5 Stars

Great plot and real character development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good job

I am all for BTB stories, but this one is different. The author made me feel her pain and regret. That is the point of writing. You made me feel something different than the norm, for that I thank you. Very good story, well written and all around good job. Thank you. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What about Beth?

I'm waiting for Beth to get some grief for setting that up. A nice right cross to her smug face would have been nice. Also something for Jonathan for raping her.

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 4 years ago
Kids lives matter

This story is one of the best on LW because the children and their lives were considered instead of just the parents, their urges and egos.

5 stars just for that alone

KingBandorKingBandorabout 4 years ago

Some people would consider what happened to her to have been rape. She was asleep, under the influence of large amounts of alcohol and marijuana. A man was fondling her in her sleep, she awoke and CLEARLY thought it was her husband. She was not in any condition to give consent. As soon as she realized it wasn't her husband, she was horrified. That also shows she had not consented to sex with Jonathan. The fact that hubby didn't see it as a rape, even after having watched the full video kind of bothered me. He seemed to accept that it wasn't exactly her fault, but he didn't go as far as to exonerate her in his mind. KB

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years ago
It puzzles me why some readers are so outraged by what a fictional character does in a story

that they give the author 1* to punish the author for upsetting them.

That's crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A nice story, well written, but with a few minor grammatical glitches

It has been fun tracking your growth as an author. Along the way, I've piped up with an occasional suggestion. Hopefully, these have helped you a bit.

This time, everything flowed well, only to be interrupted on page 2 with a mistaken pronoun shift (their for they're), a homonym error (bare for bear), and one sentence devoid of a verb.

Editing is crucial, but I'd bet that adding a 'Beta reader' (or two) would be an advisable last step in your 'maturation' as an author, Carolina.

Best regards,

Anon.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I'm always torn with one-time mistake confessions. While I DO believe that honesty is the best policy, I also feel that confession helps relieve the cheater's guilt by piling a pile of shit on the victim. In this case, it appears that keeping it a secret was a non-starter, so confession was the best option.

I had a feeling that meeting the guys wasn't an accident. I could MAYBE excuse Beth and Donna simply setting them up with the other guys, but basically setting up the sex was too much. They MAY not have planned that the other two would have sex with the guys, but obviously weren't too concerned about it, either.

I figured the cameras would show it was just that one night, and that she and Jan didn't even go out the rest of the week, let alone have the guys over again. I'm surprised that it took Steve until mid-October to bring the other video over.

@Ximand, this wasn't a crime, and in any case, the judge and jury of one acquitted her, so who are we to judge? I'm usually more on the harsher consequences side of things, but I can get behind this reconciliation.

Having said that, and knowing that Beth said it up, and they were all under the influence, how they EVER thought it was a good idea to invite those guys back to the house is beyond me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Probably the best reconciliation story I've seen

A well constructed story and it did have that well crafted ring of truth about it and about the whirlwind of emotions that both parties go through. I am pleased that this ended with them back together, maybe the 'revenge fuck' with Molly helped Michael move past Julie's infidelity, maybe not, but it did even the field. Drink and weed do not excuse this sort of behaviour, but they do weaken resolve to a very dramatic effect and the fact that Julie did not think that she was with someone else and thought she was with her husband does have a big impact on the story. 5 stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Good story

You handled the reconciliation very well. I would have liked to see more consequences for Beth. What she did was so low. She caused a chain reaction that hurt so many. What became of Jen? She was also a victim. Jules should have charged Jonathan with rape and name Beth as an accomplice.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Well written

Read like a real life story. She screwed up and tried to make up for her mistake. Once he found out she told the truth, he decided that 18 years together meant something. Enjoyed the read thanks for submitting.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

Anonymous about 7 hours ago

"What this means is that Im a cuck and I deserve a miserable life with a cheating fuck slut

Why was he so upset with the whore being pregnant?

I have to believe you only skimmed this story or only picked up words to make you feel better. It never said he was 'upset the whore got pregnant.' As far as the cuck thing, he got more than even (while still married to her) with Molly. If you had read the story the whores were the other two friends that had partaken the chance to cheat at the teacher's conference earlier that year, that never mentioned Julia going to.

CG, great story.

JSteel045JSteel045about 4 years ago
Maybe I just read this differently ..

but I agree with those who have stated that she deserved a reprieve.

In my mind's eye, she was drugged and raped ... period.

You nay-sayers are telling me that if your loving significant other was drugged and raped that you would "ditch the bitch"?? No one was saying that she should get off scot-free and she certainly didn't. (Kinda crappy of him when you think about it actually)

She definitely should not have taken the THC, but what if there was something else in there (hypothetically speaking)? Drugs affect everyone differently - everything from a toke, or a glass of wine or date-rape drugs.

smh

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

When did she actually agree to have sex with the stranger? She had fallen asleep and was taken advantage of. Also I thought the 2 guys had hooked up with the other 2 teachers. Where were they when all this happened? Still I loved this story so 5 stars.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Good enough for 3*.

Solid story but I was a little put out to believe the beginning. She was a very grown adult, married for 18 years with kids and she knew very well she shouldn't have been flirting, dancing and drinking with men on her retreat. Her friend Jen did it too? Seriously? The other two who were regularly cheating, happened to be another very weak plot point. No way they are that bold in front of two of their coworkers with their infidelity. They also found two more guys to come along as well? Jonothan just helped himself? Rape?

I appreciated the work you put into the reconciliation and that they at least discussed his relationship with Molly though I believe she needed far more grilling and dissecting about why she went brain dead after 18 solid years. If she was that catastrophicly stupid, how did she remain faithful until then? She wasn't dug into enough but this was readable and entertaining. Thank you.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 4 years ago
Okay

A nice feel good story. Well written but I expected his wife’s partner of the night to receive some personal revenge from someone. Also nothing was mentioned about any future contact with her 3 female teachers. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I agree with your BtheB readers,

Punish the Beth that fed her the Brownie and then supplied the Bastard cocksman/rapist! All three! NOT the victims!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well played

I'm not a fan of RAAC's but in this case, a one time mistake that was practically rape, could be excused. I was a little surprised by her attitude when she found out about his fucking Molly several times. Those events should have had more fallout than they did. It turned out that having all her activities on video actually saved her. An interesting plot tool. Thanks for the effort.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 4 years ago
Rape?

She was drugged and disoriented. She never really consented.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 4 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed this one.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Yeah

Sounds to me like she was guilty of bad judgement and being raped. WTF???

Only adulterer in that family is him.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Good story however I felt ike something was missing. Will read this again soon to see if I can quantify that.

I did feel he “intentionally”, least it appeared that way, ignored everything for that week but the single cheating event. Cherry picking facts or was it presented to him that way?

Anyway, thanks for the tale.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Another great effort from Carolina Gentleman. This is one of the best reconciliation stories that I have seen for a good while. I completely understand Michael's anger, but I think she was taken advantage of by Jonathan. The video proved her story and she and Michael managed to rebuild the marriage. Just a very well told story that could have happened. Nothing outrageous, or unbelievable. Just a solid, satisfying story. Definitely a *5 from me.

SigintSigintabout 4 years ago
The Victim Need NOT Apologize for Being Raped

If a person chooses to get high, drunk, what-have-you, and walk down the street butt-naked, that’s their prerogative. If something chooses to rape them then the fault is the rapist’s. Yes, the victim could have made other decisions, like wearing a burqa with a niqab and never going outside without a male relative present, but rape is never the victim’s fault.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago
Great

One has to be careful what they ingest!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Tajfa, I'm not sure of the number of bedrooms, there were at least two, and the other THREE teachers were each with one of the men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Several Thoughts

1) The video, especially her calling Jonathan Michael, was very good proof she was telling the truth. Waiting as long as you did to have that seemed needless and used only to prolong the story.

<P>

2) If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

<P>

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, EVERY paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 4 years ago

Carolina Gentleman, to quote my Grandmaw, “You done us proud.”

Glad to see at least one of us Carolina boys can write—keep up the good work! Not only did you give those of us who can read and understand a good story, but you tweaked the nose of some who can’t.

For instance—on the anonymous comment from 11 hours ago—where the hell did he get the idea hubby was upset by her being pregnant? Did I MISS SOMETHING?

I have to agree with MattblaxckUK’s comment on the mental ability of some readers. Bet they have never written anything beyond their comments.

Thanks for the free read! The other Carolina Guy.

baulloyder68baulloyder68about 4 years ago
Great Story

DIDO to what 26thNC said, I couldn't have put it better.

I love all your stories an again another 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Drugs?

Just lost my second employee who died because of drugs. At least he wasn’t an 18 year old apprentice like the first one. What a waste.

terraknorterraknorabout 4 years ago

Almost sounds like she was given GHB or Rohypnol as well. My experience with weed is from the 80's and I know it's more potent now, but was surprised she was that out of it. In any event, she was not able to give consent. I've never been in that position, but, can understand Michael's anger when he received the evidence of his wife's extramarital sexual encounter, without the information that she was pretty out of it at the time. Great story, 5*.

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

Can’t believe she wanted him back, she was drugged and in effect raped and he dumped calling her out as an adulterer. He moves out and uses that time apart the bang his bimbo girlfriend then expects her to just forgive him without any consequences. In all the stories where hubby cheats and wife gets even by screwing another guy the husband is always angry and divorces the wife say his was a drunken mistake but hers was deliberate. Total double standard. Jules should have gotten some payback for his adultery, not just wimped put as a submissive wife. Very unfair ending, at least in my opinion.

johnadpjohnadpabout 4 years ago
5 Stars... However

This story was very much a straight line. You have to be an extremely broken and screwed up human being, like Ximand, to not root for her to be forgiven and for them not to reconcile.

For my personal taste, and I know my taste is not the normal, I prefer more of a moral struggle on what is right or wrong.

Still gave it 5 stars. It was a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I think some have gone a little far in redefining rape in the last decade. You have not "been drugged" when you voluntarily partake of THC and alcohol. Being drugged is when someone puts a substance in your food or drink that you ingest without knowing about it. She was sexually assaulted (not identical to rape, which is more severe, but certainly bad) when the man was kissing her neck and rubbing her leg while she was asleep on the couch. The guy should get in some kind of trouble for that. However, she then woke up, went to the bedroom and had sex with him.

"I was so turned on that I didn't wait for him, I simply pulled him back onto the bed and started ripping his clothes off and throwing them on the floor as he crawled on top of me."

If instead, she'd drunkenly decided to go out for a drive and wrecked into a family of 5, no one would be crying out to let her off the hook because she wasn't able to consent to driving under the influence.

Must this lead to a divorce? Certainly not, and it probably shouldn't, but don't act like her husband had zero right to be upset with her at all, as if someone had slipped her a mickie and screwed her while unconscious. They were both a little drunk and high and did some shit they shouldn't have done. I would never do what this guy did, but calling it rape is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion. Just the new breed of college campus activism exaggeration, like asking where where someone's family is from in a conversation is now racism, or not wanting to suck a "feminine penis" is transphobia. Or, on the other side of the aisle, support for gay marriage is "anti-Christian."

Let's calm our collective tits a little, and let powerful words to describe terrible things keep their very important power, and not be watered down in a rush to sensationalize every situation.

P.S. Upon further consideration, maybe she WAS raped. I mean, is she above the age of consent, mentally? She gets peer pressured into all kinds of bullshit she supposedly doesn't want to do by one of her friends like she's at her first high school party and not a grown ass woman who can stand up for herself and make her own decisions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Believable story about all too possible actions and consequences. Five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
One of your best

And that's saying a lot. The characters and the plot show careful development. You had me feeling each character's pain and anxiety. A solid five stars--only because there isn't an option to give six.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Good story, but I disagree. She never cheated.

She was drunk and stoned. She was raped. Yes, she should have stayed sober. That's self-defense, but not staying sober does not make her sex consensual. And she could have avoided the flirting. That doesn't change anything. Her husband really did not react correctly. Once he knew, he should have run back to her, supported her, and gone after that A-hole who raped her.

By the way, dead leaves ruin a perfectly good brownie.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Rape charge.

A rape charge would not have been viable. Though I certainly think Jonothan was rapey in just helping himself to a sleeping woman at first. She did wake up enough to enthusiastically participate and suck and fuck Jonothan's brains out while he did it back.

She was intoxicated but that was her choice. Internally, she wasn't trying to be a faithless slut but, due to her choice to be highly intoxicated, that is what she did.

Same goes for driving drunk and killing someone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice Job!

WOW!

One of my FAVORITE stories EVER!

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
Good story...solid 5

2 rules for a good marriage...

1. No girls' or guys' nights out, and

2. Never ever separate vacations!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Considering the detailed video and audio evidence I think she had a case.

Probably a very weak criminal case, since she did the drinking and the drugs voluntarily, but I think she had a civil case against her seducer and the two women who arranged for the guys to be there. She called him Michael and he never corrected her. It would be symbolic, but it would give official weight to her claim that she was victimized.

As to the reconciliation, I say, why not? Apparently he thought what he had with the one-night slut was better than he would have with the new Molly woman. Marriage is always about potential and alternatives. None of us are, nor married, the perfect person. If your spouse betrays you and you have a ready replacement of equal or superior qualities, why not trade up?

It was kind of lame how she regretted ending her relationship with her "friends." The two whores that set her up were no friends. It would have been interesting to hear the details exactly how the other marriages failed.

Reconciliation is one of the most difficult plots to make believable. I think you got as close as one can.

Thanks for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written but how is this erotic? To anyone?

Well written but how is this erotic? To anyone?

ewray321ewray321about 4 years ago
Thanks

Great story. I was glad they reconciled.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Michael is a Selfish Adolescent

As others have pointed out there is absolutely no equity in the degree of infidelity shown by the two spouces. Michael's affair while separated from his wife was protracted and intentionally indescreet. He was not at liberty to be jaunting off to romantic weekends in the Big Apple with his mistress. His remorse and pennance were negligible. At a minimum he should have ensured he never worked with her again as simple act of courtesy to his wife. That he did not says much about what a small, selfish and petty man he truly is.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 4 years ago
Good story

I liked how the reconciliation happened,it was realistic. In the beginning I didn't like the husband much, he wasn't listening to what the wife said, h didn't believe her when she said it was a one time occurance, that booze and drugs played a role in it.The big thing is while what Jonathan did was in the borderline of sexual assault or rape, she also admits her culpability in allowing herself to get in that position,she takes responsibility. For those who argue that drugs or booze don't forgive adultery because after all the law doesn't forgive you for crimes committed under the influence,that missed the point ,that the wife took responsibility for getting in that position, but the shape she was in also allowed Jonathan to take advantage of her, it was a mitigating factor. If you are going to use the law you also need to look at how the law views people who are drunk and get taken advantage of, despite what the garbage in places like Steubenville,Ohio thought, someone who is drunk or out of it is not responsible if some despicable piece if dung takes advantage,you can't do what those fine people did and claim basically she brought it in herself that a bunch of cro magnon football players raped her. In this story the husband realized that she had been not totally to blame and that she took responsibility for her role in it. If she simply in the heat of the moment fucked the guy that would be different.

Well written,a 5

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Great story

I'm not a fan of the reconciliation unless it is completely justified. This is one of the best that I have read yet. I think she was definitely raped by the guy, Jonathan, and really wasn't aware of happened until she awakened next morning. The video showed what happened, and what happened the next few days proved her story. Michael had his fun while they were separated and she accepted it. Both ended up happy, and Jonathan didn't. Good ending except for the children of the divorce. Good for you for making that point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank you

A really well done story. Usually these end with the twist at the end with the husband calling it quits. Thanks for breaking the mold. I hope your next is just as good.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

5* Excellent story with justifiable RAAC. Molly was stoned and drunk. She was sexually assualted. She should have called the police. Her two teacher friends and the rapist should have arrested and charged.

LustyScribeLustyScribeabout 4 years ago
Excellent and very real

Life isn't all orgasms and joy. Decisions bring consequences, and sometimes those consequences affect the innocent. Still, you showed how love could find a way, even when it seems impossible. Thank you for sharing your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Simple story and solution

She was fed alcohol & took a drug filled brownie ,she never consent to have sex . So why did it take so long for Michael to figure it out. This never would have happened if she wasn’t drugged. The twins born at the end of this story , that was a financial burden and a lot of stress bring up 5 sons.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
I can accept a RAAC anytime if it's sold well.

So thanks for that.

Anybody deserves to ultimately be forgiven, provided reasonable circumstances.

Her stupidity centres around allowing her 'friends' to bring 4 men into a private setting, and then getting drunk and taking the hash cookie. Anybody with half a brain could see where it would end up. That's what she's guilty of... not the actual infidelity. which was never her intention, not even as it happened, so in this case, she'd get a pass from me too, especially when the truth became apparent.

Still, it worries me, the quality of education someone with her sharp intellect could provide. Lol.

I still wouldn't be asking forgiveness from the ex for testing the waters with another woman. That's on her. As far as he knew at the time, his wife had trashed the marriage. The one that really needed to forgive and understand, was the new girlfriend. She'd done the right thing, waited till he was at the very least, intending to get divorced, then she offered a future together. The hubby finding out the truth of the situation, destroyed her chances. Not fair to her, but that's life.

So on that note... very good read, and I normally like cheats barbecued medium-well.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
To anony 'Husband Affair'.

The budding relationship with the other woman was not prior to her mistakes.

Thus, it was never an affair.

And for anyone who says 'he's still married, so he's as bad as she is'... grow a brain.

A marriage is not the piece of paper, nor is it the rings. It's a relationship, a friendship, a partnership and an agreement.

For those that go out and trash their marriage by sleeping around with intent, they have damaged or destroyed ALL of those factors. Once you take a dump on your partner's head, and they wake up to the smell, you have no right to expect anything from the damaged party but contempt. In my opinion, if the cheated-upon overreact and go nuclear... Well, too bad for the cheat. They wouldn't be in harms way if they hadn't done the wrong thing in the first place.

If the wronged partner, once they are aware of the idiot's crimes, is LUCKY enough to find someone else who cares for them, and if they are stable enough to have an effective future with the new person... Well GOOD ON THEM... More power to them. It's even a sweet revenge of sorts, deciding not to pine away for your lost love and hopes dashed, instead, getting out and living life.

Fuck the cheats. Do what makes you happy after you've rid yourself of their stench.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Grimmer, it was presented to him that way: "Then he said that sometime in Mid-October, Steve showed up with another video of that beach weekend and told him that he really owed it to himself to watch it for his own peace of mind." So it wasn't until mid-October that he knew everything about that week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
1 star

A waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nope - Michael Behaved Badly

I must agree with those who take issue with how Michael behaved after being given what were obviously highly edited portions of the video available regarding what occurred at the beach house . After eighteen years of marriage and with two adolescent sons lives in the balance he could not ask to see the rest of the video himself before cutting off communication with his wife and beginning to date a woman associated with his workplace? He had to wait until the other husband essentially shamed him into looking at it? Going away for the weekend with this female companion so soon was more important than spending time with his sons every weekend during this highly impressionable and incredibly stressful time in their lives? He gave no thought to how it would impact his sons when he so publically began to spend intimate time with another woman? Likewise what concern did this woman have for the sons to be posting stuff on Facebook?

Michael showed himself to be a very flawed husband and father. Another commenter called him selfish and i agree completely with that assessment. He put himself first when choosing how to respond to his pain. His reaction was very human but not at all noble or even admirable. His wounded vanity and narcissism had to soothed by the new woman before he could behave responsibly. He is simply not a man with great self assurance or strength of character. Hopefully his sons will grow to exceed the role model he offered them here.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 4 years ago
meh

OK. A bit plodding and predictable and not much in the way of drama. Way too much is made of the pot brownie. She wasnt falling down drunk and she wasnt slipped a roofie but the reconciliation hangs on everyone deciding to blame the booze and the pot. It doesnt sit well that she decided he needed forgiveness for his revenge affair.

And if course he'll never know if she would have confessed when she got home since he already knew. It could have added some much needed drama to the story had he acted normally after her return to see if she came clean. That would have been the acid test of her sincerity but tested she was not. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
RAAC !

If a RAAC story is written well then it is a good read regardless of RAAC or BTB.

Good story

bruce22bruce22about 4 years ago
Well Sold

RAAC can be enjoyable

Rw43Rw43about 4 years ago
CG, thanks for the reminder

We live in an imperfect world, and the people we love and trust are just as imperfect as we are. But it's love and trust that gets us through and enables us to help others along the way. We are ugly human beings when we choose to live without it.

The title is unnecessarily dramatic, and the tale is a little insipid in itself. But it's always timely. And it's not your fault that LW has become so lurid.

5*

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Very difficult...

One time slips are the toughest stories to play 'Judge and jury'.

Kneejerk reactions are very expensive when children are involved. Wife was remorseful. This story is a bit easier one to give a nod at reconciliation.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 4 years ago
I enjoyed the story very much; as for the comments

I still find the double standard fascinating; the woman is essentially drugged and has one night with a guy she doesn't even recognize as not her husband. The husband meanwhile, while he's still married, totally sober intentionally gets in on several times with some young thing. Who's more at fault? According to the comments the wife; according to all reason and rationality the husband. For my personal preference I would have liked to see the wife make the cheating husband jump through some hoops if he wanted to stay married.

Again, this isn't a criticism of the story because it's the author's prerogative to deal with the issues as he or she desires; I just find the double standard odd.

kmreaderkmreaderabout 4 years ago
Follow-up Stories

Could definitely turn this into a mini series. Would at a minimum like to hear Jen’s story (the only other woman who showed contrition for her actions) as well as Jonathon’s story (the one who took advantage of Julia’s state even while having a wife and three kids at home, one of which is autistic.) You could even go as far as giving giving us the story of Beth & Steve as well as Donna and her hubby and however their marriage turned out. Of course there’s the stories of the three guys other than Jonathon who all seemed to be married with children as well.

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseabout 4 years ago
Wife didn't cheat

She was raped.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 4 years ago
I agree with KingBandor

I don't know the law in your part of the world but here having sex with a woman who is incapable of giving her consent is rape. It is considered a crime punishable by law.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 4 years ago
Excellent Story

Thank you for sharing. You can really feel the pain, hope and fear.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
CUCK Hubby

The story was well written, some grammar problems. I think the husband should have divorced the slut. Maybe forgive her after the DIVORCE, and screw her on occasion??

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
A little detail folks.

There is no way rape would be viable. Jonothan only started kissing her. That was presumptuous and maybe a little rapey but probably not able to be prosecuted given her extremely enthusiastic response. She tore Jonothan's fucking clothes off and, if I remember, even sucked his cock. He probably wasn't sober either.

Both of them were at fault for putting themselves in that situation and they are both responsible for their behavior.

Don't party and get intoxicated with people who you don't trust and don't want to fuck.

I will also say that Michael's relationship with Molly was above board. He was totally separated and was in the process of divorcing his wife.

This was a very good and compelling story that I wish I could've given more stars to but the absolute idiocy at the beginning wasn't explained or explored enough to believe or understand.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 4 years ago
Hmmm

Good Story. I don't agree with the 'rape' or 'cuck' assertions. This is probably the most realistic affair story I have read on Lit. Shit happens in life. You can forgive or not. I guess it's not as entertaining as a BTB story, but well written and thought out. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not A Cluck Story

The Lady had Drugs in her system . She thought She was making Love to her Husband .Yes I would have made her get new friends also . He is not a Cluck as He kicked her to the Curb and had Molly . A Cluck would have wanted to Watch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very Possible

This is one of the more compelling cheating stories here for quite some time. It is easy to see how Jules had her guard down, made a few bad decisions when she wasn't totally in charge of her facilities and did something easy to succumb to in an intoxicated state. I'm a bit surprised that she didn't get with Jen to support each other as they both suffered similar situations. Actually, if Johnathan had his facilities together, and it would appear there was some planning in this, it would be rape.

One of your very good stories - keep up the good work.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
nice

probably one of the most realistic situations on this site (and no fictional spaghetti monster was involved in twisting the plot to emotionally manipulate the reader into accepting the 'reconciliation').

There are issues, but overall this was well done.

Smokepole

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
Upset by pregnancy

The Husband was upset by her pregnancy, he had to drink alone. ;-p

5*****

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
He cheated too

So the story balanced out nicely. Well done.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
i tried...

...but it got worse. I do enjoy your stories, but no one over reacts like that. I'm all for burning bitches--100% of the time, but really? the husband does this, doesn't find out the FULL story from super tech man, and then starts tapping another girlfriend. sure that's the condensed version, is that less believable? you made me feel sorry for the wife and dislike the husband, yes, unintended consequence. ;0)

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Cuck!!!

Being drunk or on Drugs is NOT an EXCUSE to cheat on your spouse!!! Revenge sex is still cheating if you are still LEGALLY married... Divorce is the answer unless the husband is a complete CUCK!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Grounds for rape?

Technically the original sin was rape right? Drinking, hash brownies etc you weren’t aware it was him, there was no consent.

So I’m reality (I use that term lightly) this story could have had an element of that, not once is Jonathan pulled up on the fact he committed a felony.. or make the story more consensual and then therefore the reconciliation a bit more tortuous and realistic.

But I did read to the end and I was pleased it ended well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Firstly I’m 99% for divorce when there is cheating involved. In this case I’d vote for them to stay together and if it were me in that position this might be the only way I could get past cheating. I can’t see where other comments are attacking the hubby for testing the waters with another woman while they were separated. After all his intentions were divorce but she begged for an open mind for the kids sake. Remember this guy had to see pictures of his wife getting fucked and sucking cock . Cheating is as bad as it gets but seeing it is a game change if end mostly. Him dating that girl my have helped with his forgiveness. A lot of people don’t agree with it but I do think it would help my mind if my wife cheated if I was able to fuck someone else also . It sounds childish but it’s true . He also stopped as soon as he got the rest of the video and found out she was telling him the whole truth which also helps . Also for me it would help that she wanted to come clean right away . It’s way worse if you find out a year later by accident. My only issue with both hubby and wife is if I was the hubby who was cheated on I’d have asked the guy for the tape of the whole week to see if she was fucking different guys every day or if it was a real affair that was on going . For her I’d have begged for the tape from the guy to prove what I said was true . Also would’ve like to know if the other girl who regretted cheat got a second chance. She really technically was raped and I understand her feeling bad for that guys kids because of his wife divorcing him but that’s on him . He took advantage of a woman half asleep very drunk and did a drug her slutty two friends talked them into . The whole weekend was a set up . She should’ve smacked those two friends. The could’ve told them the two of them have been having an affair and let them do their thing or not go and be around cheating. A long time ago all of us were single at some big party where we didn’t know most there . There was heavy drinking and lots were doing drugs . A really hot hot girl was out of it sitting on the couch next to us and guy were walking by squeezing her tits one asshole pulled his dick out and was going to put it in her mouth but I stopped him . I grabbed a bottle of water , got her up on her feet , grabbed her friend who was just about to leave with some guy and put them in a cab and made her take her home . I offered to pay extra for the cab if she wanted to come back after dropping her off . I’d have gone myself but I didn’t know them , just wanted her out of z situation where she couldn’t answer for herself and could of wound up being fucked by god knows how many guys. I’ve also been in a place where a girl was drunk but was definitely consenting and acting like a totally wild whore. She fucked four different guys in front of others also but in the light of morning kind went off angry making like she didn’t want that to happen. You always need to be in control and absolutely never get to a point where you don’t know what your doing .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOULD HAVE LIKED.....

To hear about the suffering of the Intentional cheaters. Was this couple the only survivors of the cheating week?

I can see forgiving the wife but with those pictures of her sucking and fucking that asshole, I don't ever see getting back together. Every time he looks at her face he's gonna see someone else's dick in her mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Re: MarkT63

You should read the Anon 2/23/20 comment above you. Drunk, Drugged, Stoned, et al, if you can't give aware consent that makes it rape, pure and simple. I will assume that rape is a crime in the Carolina's when there is evidence to back it up. There should have been charges brought against most of if not all of the people involved that weekend, video with audio is great for things like that. Why so many people record their crimes and then post them online as so many do always astounds be, but it is sure handy. When it came out that ALL of the rooms in the house were covered by CCTV cameras I was surprised he didn't get to see everything that happened the first time, but then we wouldn't have gotten the story we did. When he did get to see the whole thing it backed up her account and things began to work out. Although I don't think it was specifically mentioned I am only assuming audio was recorded. That's the way I always did it when I did my secret squirrel work years ago for the Feds. She is correct at the end about everything; things not being better after they got together, the little mistakes that lead up to her fall, and especially the little autistic boy that will haunt her forever. A Rec that although shouldn't have been necessary was in fact earned. Good Job C_G. Signed: BTW

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous