Unleashed Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she finally lifted her head from the crook of his neck and met his gaze, seeing her satisfied grin he laughed. "Okay doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling. I'm sure when I came I saw the sun shining for all it was worth there for a minute, while I was flying over the bed enjoying the moon and the stars." Finally, she took a long steadying breath, running a finger along his jaw. "You really do know your way around a bed, though, don't you, Professor?"

He chuckled. "Just as long as you're all right, I was afraid I might have gotten a little too rough with you."

Shaking her head, she blew out a breathy sigh. "Oh, no, I'd say that was... uh, just about perfect. Now I just hope my heart figures out that we're done, so it can stop beating out of my chest."

Chuckling and gathering the little beauty in his arms, Tate kissed the top of her head. Part of him wondering if what they'd just shared was enough to satisfy her sexual curiosity, at least to keep her safe, hating the thought of her risking her life with a total stranger. Not that they'd known each other all that long, but at least he knew he would never do anything to harm her. Now, if he could only make her understand that she was not only safe with him, but that they were perfect for each other.

Zoe looked up at Tate, running her hand along his lightly bristled jaw. "I think I should be asking if you're okay, too. You look a little pensive there, Professor."

Gazing down at her, he gave her a reassuring smile. What could he say now that he knew he wanted to keep her not only safe, but all for himself? Stroking her cheek with his hand, he pressed his lips to hers and told her the truth, "I'm just wondering if I'll ever be able to get enough of you, Zoe."

She grinned. "Well, luckily we've got two whole weeks to test that theory. And who knows, by the time Becky and Robert get back, we might be ready to go our separate ways, especially if we've managed to wear each other out."

"Or not," he said, still gently stroking her cheek while caressing her with his gaze. They might not be on the same page, but he already knew he'd love to keep seeing her, and heaven help him, maybe forever.

Not sure how to put into words what she had to say, Zoe anxiously licked her lips. "I think I should say something, though. You're such a nice guy, Tate, and so thoughtful and kind. But I don't want you to feel like you have act all romantic with me, because you don't. You know this can just be fun, especially if we don't let it get too serious. We can just sow our wild oats while we're here together, and then of course later, we'll probably see each at family things the odd time with Becky and Robert. And who knows, we might even want to sneak away and have a little fun next time we meet, unless either of us is attached by then..."

Unable to believe his ears, after what they'd just experienced together, Tate felt like she'd just slapped him. But for the life of him, he couldn't exactly figure out why. She didn't owe him anything, and what was going on between them could hardly be considered a committed relationship. But still it stung to hear her describe what they were sharing so casually. He already knew he more than liked her, but apparently if she meant what she was saying, the feeling was far from mutual. Feeling stung, he dropped his hand and stopped caressing her face. "Sure," was all he could think of to say. Then he sat up and said, "I think maybe I'll uh, go brush my teeth now."

Watching him get up and leave, Zoe suddenly felt kind of heartless, and maybe even a little mean. But she meant what she'd said. She really wasn't looking for romance or any kind of relationship, at least not right now, when she was just starting to figure things out, as far as sex was concerned. And especially since they both knew they'd only be together for a short while. What would be the point of trying to turn it into anything more? So it was probably best to be honest and just let him know up front, right? Closing her eyes she sighed. But if that was true, then she wondered why it felt like she'd just kicked his dog? She bent and tugged the sheet up to cover herself, feeling a sudden chill run through her, wondering how she could already miss his warmth.

And once he got back in bed, she gave him a little smile, and said, "Guess I better brush mine, too." But he didn't say anything, or bother to smile back. Instead, he just turned on his side facing away from her, looking like he was ready to go to sleep.

After finishing in the bathroom, Zoe crawled back under the sheets wearing her boxers and tank top again, and told him, "Goodnight, Tate."

She heard the bedside light click off on his side as he tersely said, "Night."

Trying to fall sleep, there was no mistaking he was tense, so tense she could feel it clear across the bed. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore. Rolling close to him she touched a hand to his shoulder and said, "I'm sorry if I said anything to hurt you. It's just that I didn't come here looking for a relationship. And I assumed you'd probably feel the same way."

Blowing out a breath, he said, "No worries, I'm cool with it. And you don't have to worry. From now on, I won't be doing anything that you don't want me to do."

Her eyes flared. What was that supposed to mean? Was he trying to tell her that it was over for them, with almost two whole weeks left to be together?

That night sleep didn't come easily for Zoe. Tossing and turning till almost dawn she began to wonder what was wrong with her. Here she was in bed, with probably the most gorgeous hunk of man she'd ever laid eyes on, or was ever likely to again, who also just happened to be an absolute sex god, not only in the sack, but professionally as well, and yet she'd basically told him she wasn't interested.

Now exactly what kind of an idiot did something like that? Blowing out a breath and rolling her eyes, she knew after what she'd done that she was probably more annoyed with herself than he was. Now, if only she knew how to fix it.

12