All Comments on 'Unlucky in Love'

by Thomas_Malory

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Thomas_MaloryThomas_Maloryabout 5 years agoAuthor
Response

Thank you for your comments.

If he had beaten him any more he would have definitely gone to jail for a long time.

She was naive because she chose to close her eyes to the obvious.

Being divorced and alone at 55 is no fun! and he loves her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not that bad. Its what you left out that weakens the story.

Adultery is not the problem, it is a symptom. You never mention or explore the problem, which has to do with Linda not respecting her husband, her marriage, or herself. She was tired, bored, of sex and her marriage, but became excited and aroused when some young punk starts seducing her like she's 14 years old. That's not naive, that's stupid, and cheap.

"There's no fool like an old fool" applies to women just as much as men. It would have been more interesting if you had explored the cause of their marriage disintegrating. Once she has access to the lottery money she will embrace all the cosmetic surgery, lull the dumb shit fool into a sense of false security, then divorce him, take half, and go off to live the life of a cougar until the money or her looks are gone. She's tasted boy toy, and she liked it. Her reputation is already ruined, her kids and her husband know she's a repressed slut, so why not go live the life of a liberated woman? She will.

Write that story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved the pictures fastened to the wall of her study

Never let her forget she acted like a slut whore - ever! The delay in telling her about the money was well deserved but little payback for what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sick Sick story

Not worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
In My State

Prisoners are allowed visitors (3) for one hour on a Saturday or a Sunday every other weekend. Prisoners have a Commissary Account. Friends and family can put small amounts of cash into these accounts. Suicide watches vary. Usually they do not exceed 4 days, but I know of one case where an inmate was on Suicide Watch for 21 days, with an alternating pattern of solo confinement and with one other dangerous cellmate. Exercise outside was at the whim of the guards on duty and the weather conditions.

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 3 years ago

Good and bad points but gave five stars anyway for originality.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

4 because it was pretty entertaining. Lower then 5 because I don't think there should have been any reconciliation with the wife just because she showed no regret. She might have been drugged in the end, might have been tricked but she still went into it willingly and didn't show any regret whatsoever until it came out that Donny had tricked her. I think if she showed some remorse rather then completely backing Donny the reconciliation would have made more sense, if she had visited him to say sorry but try to get him to understand her reasons (even if it was bad reasons that just made sense to her with her "education" thing) and tried to get him out of jail rather then staying by her lovers side. Bad enough cheating but that level of disrespect I'd argue is even worse.

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

This was a fresh take on this topic. She should have paid a little more but still worth 5 stars

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Sad attempt for humor. Still gave you 4 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not exactly good people. In fact - this was pretty ugly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

STUPID!!! As soon as the idiot told the judge he would attack the kid again thus being remanded to jail for up to a year even after warned by the police, I stopped reading. Too stupid!

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

Silly but nice.

Liked it.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it. Funny 5*

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

You majorly contradict yourself. When he gets home from jail you explicitly describe new bed, pillows, sheets, etc and say the old bed's gone and in pieces. Then later the old bed just comes back. Really breaks it up.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Guess stupid Donny is a writer, too. As expected - 1 *

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous