All Comments on 'Unrequited Pt. 03'

by JCMcNeilly

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
ca_daveca_daveover 1 year ago

The crash is coming, hopefully they can survive it. 5* thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, this has certainly been a ride so far. I mean, it's really good! You're brilliant at what you do, both the characters and the pacing fit the story you're telling perfectly. Also, I'm quite invested, so that's a big plus. It's just ... well, look.

I usually hate the kind of storytelling that has to resolve everything in one big moment, with no consideration for gradual development. Not everything needs to be sadness - joy - more joy - big drama - moping - resolution! - marriage always. But this feels like a train crash where both of the trains are on fire (and maybe carrying bombs or something; and also there's a weeping child looking right at the camera every few minutes to very dramatic music, occasionally intersected by Hans Zimmer-esque horn blares), and I'm a little surprised to find I cannot wait for the impact. You're doing the "every meeting with the best friend is like needles" thing very well, and I hate it - which you're going for, I know, so take that as a compliment. :D Still though, poor Kayleigh.

Anyway: Thanks for writing, editing, and publishing this for us! I just hope that the inevitable crash in ch. 4 doesn't end in a cliffhanger of more than two days.

definedefineover 1 year ago

I loved it. Like all your stories

chick2206chick2206over 1 year ago

You last sentence makes me worried. Please make them happy tears. I cannot take a sad end to this story if it is sad i will be forever broken

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn, you are good at building internal tension and raising our fears about where the relationship is going, which makes it hard to wait for the next instalment. I am so nervous about Bethany's state of mind.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 1 year ago

The story is building perfectly. I'm worried by the teaser about the emotional ending. Are they happy tears, sad tears or bittersweet? Perhaps in order to be happy with Kayleigh, Bethany has to cut ties with Sally. In fact I'm beginning to wonder if Sally has some idea of Bethany's feelings for her, and rather enjoys the attention.

Some commentators feel sorry for Kayleigh, but at least she's going into this with her eyes open. She must think that Bethany is not a hopeless case. If anyone can help Bethany find her way to happiness then it's her.

jay_pearcejay_pearceover 1 year ago

This is such an enchanting story. You make readers care about your characters as much as you clearly do. I am probably going to be angry with you about how this eventually ends because, at this point, the outcome is feels inevitable. Still, I feel like there is hope for a happy ending, even though the title suggests otherwise. Keep up the good work!

SinteraSinteraover 1 year ago

I've read everything you have done more than a few times. You are fantastic at having different people in your atroys so many times I read something and the cahriters are the same. Different looks, back stroys but over all they are the same person. You clearly think about each person and why they are.

I would love to have your stroys in hard cover books in my bookshelf.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Imagine checking every hour on the hour to see if it’s posted and finally at 3am it is. It was worth the wait. I feel heartbreak is on the horizon. Please be crying tears of joy and not because of heartbreak.

MaezedMaezedover 1 year ago

Please be happy, please be happy :)

TenderTrapTenderTrapover 1 year ago

Kayleigh must have the patience of a saint.The possible permutations of where this story could go are endless,but I suppose I should let myself become fully invested in where the author takes me to.From Sally's guy bailing out,and she realising that Bethany was the only one for her all along,to Bethany having a meltdown due to all her conflicts(with Kayleigh arranging for therapy for Bethany as a result).Who can know,apart from JC.Reminds me of Nanny Sarah,with all the twists and turns in that story.Just marvellous in the concept and execution.Many Thanks for all the literary concepts within all your stories.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

I love this story. I think I'm starting to lean towards a preferred resolution, as much as I'm trying to wait for you to get us to yours. I think, that I'd find it hard to believe, right now, at the end of this chapter that the resolution is Sally. But, respecting you for the tale-spinner you are I think I'm just going to 'expect the worst and hope for the best' as far as how I feel about the destination.... This series is so good so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Intriguing.

Runner4069Runner4069over 1 year ago

This is so well written I can't stop reading it and I'm invested, but it's like watching a scary movie with a hand over your face peeking between the fingers, you know something bad is coming and I hate it for Kayleigh and Sally, but I hope the end isn't as bad as it possibly could be, I have hopes for Sally&Tim, Beth&Kayleigh!

Love your work and thanks for sharing!!!

Read2Luv2019Read2Luv2019over 1 year ago

Please let her be with Kayleigh it won’t be right otherwise

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant , as always. I’m just delighted that I know it’s written and there will be an end point, without waiting months. Just please, please, with all that’s going on in the world, may they be happy emotional tears….I know you can’t tell us and I’ll read it anyway! Thank you for sharing your talent.

MurseDMurseDover 1 year ago

Another great chapter with two lovers who have so much baggage to unpack. I sense the big fight coming, but actually look forward to it to see how they work it out.

XactoXactoover 1 year ago

So sweet, and painful, at once. (I guess that means you’re a very convincing story teller. 😎) I’m looking forward for more. ❤️❤️❤️

Lions86Lions86over 1 year ago

I'm just waiting for the crash to happen between Bethany and Kayleigh. It for sure is coming, and Bethany will have a will she or won't she moment about her status with Kayleigh. At first, I was hoping for the resolution to be the happy ending where Sally realizes she's in love with Bethany, but I think that would be the easy/ sort of lazy path. I really like Beth and Kayleigh and Sally and Tim, and I'm sure Beth and Kayleigh will end up happily ever after, but I really hope the crash isn't too horrible

Sweetmab108Sweetmab108over 1 year ago

Love your writing. I wait every day until the next chapter is posted and then read it till the end!

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Truly wonderful. I can relate to the feelings between these two characters.

Marbury1803Marbury1803over 1 year ago

You are such a splendid storyteller. My heart is breaking for Kayleigh, for Bethy....damn, I am so worried! Love your stuff so much.

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtover 1 year ago

I fell in love, or -in hindsight-serious infatuation, with a straight friend in college. Then I fell in love with a gay woman. I didn’t tell her about that, but she picked up on it and actually told me if the straight friend ever returned my affection she’d step away. That told me how much more real her love was than the feelings I had for my friend were. In Beth’s case, I don’t see that happening with Kayleigh, who I think would choose to move on if she believed she’d never be first in Beth’s heart. But I can’t help but think that Sally must know what Beth’s problem is, and I wonder, if she kissed Beth, if that might be what Beth needs to be able to feel the difference between her true love for Kayleigh and her “addiction “ to Sally. Or it could be a recipe for disaster. Idk, but something big will have to happen. I feel for Beth, and I surely hope true love wins

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love your writing. You are a marvellous story teller. Totally hooked to this.

Loving/hating Bethany for doing this to her self and to Kayleigh !!! Dreading the next episode of this saga.

jackie_emjackie_emover 1 year ago

Great characters and a complex relationship that has yet to work itself out. Bethany and Kayleigh are a great couple, even if Beth still pines over Sally. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hate conflict like this in stories. But because I love your work and really developed characters, I'm seeing it through. I just hope that Beth doesn't fuck this up!

Thanks again... You're a genius... maybe an evil one with this story. 🤔

shayneoneshayneoneover 1 year ago

its great so far reminds me of a song over you by now by jana kramer still early though keep smiling be happy well and safe a fan shayne

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I commented in the previous Chapter that I didn't want to be too invested in Kayleigh as I feel we'd still circle back to Sally. But after this chapter, I'm recalibrating. I feel like there wouldn't be this much build up if K wouldn't be the one anyway. But then again, two chapters left and you could still turn the whole thing around.

Only difference now, for me, is I WOULD CRY (for or with) K when shit hits the fan. You're amazing, as always. But you know that already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

oh no. why are we even hinting at waterworks?

AfricanbluAfricanbluover 1 year ago

So initially I just wanted to vent frustration at Beth, you have a lovely woman who wants to be with you, but you are hung up on someone who realistically is NEVER going to be with you romantically.

I guess if you have been in love with someone or the idea of that person your whole life, it’s pretty hard to see the wood for the trees. Now I just feel sorry for her, because she has to eventually realise the years she has wasted on waiting for something that’s never going to be.

Love your stories as always

Thank you

Cupertino345Cupertino345over 1 year ago

I have read your stories and I know you like happy endings. I do also which is why I am still reading this story. Your writing style is different from your other stories and the conflict is different. I am looking forward to everything sorting itself out. Thànks for the story.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love your writing... Please let it be a happy ending

Sausage17Sausage17over 1 year ago

Oh boy so, this has been really good so far. I’m honestly a little worried that things won’t have a happy ending (as in Beth gets over Sally and ends up with K). Here’s hoping that happens!

paulyepspaulyepsover 1 year ago

I’m afraid of what’s next .. I can’t see how this ends well ..

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Martyrium thats bethany life path ..... Try to extract deep roots in garden from some plants, this can become a lifetime job and so Bethany roots are grown for decades, so changings taken time and patience ...... Hopefully she will be in time, in Kayleighs time

And yes feeling betraying your love, Sally, must be some truly horrible inner pressure or weird thinkings

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀👄

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 1 year ago

Wonderful, wonderful!

Yes, I'm a bit worried about where this will go, too. It's in Bethany's personality, like she cannot really accept that happiness is around the corner for her as well, and this lack of confidence, in herself, in relationships, might backfire on her relationship with Kayleigh. I suppose it's all in the writer's good hands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Same as I think everyone else, love it but everything crossed for the penny to drop for Beth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story, but I'm getting rather sick of Beth. She doesn't deserve Kayleigh. If I were Kayleigh, I'd be out of there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The tale continues in excellent fashion. I didn’t think I would find a story that could challenge Nanny Sarah as my favourite amongst your works, but this story is definitely making a serious effort. 🙂

The inclusion of Otello was very fitting as Kayleigh’s inner Iago was likely to be working overtime. During chapter one and two I had a different piece of Shakespeare running through my head, “The lady doth protest too much”, as Sally seemed to be trying to bodily push Bethany into the nearest relationship. Though that could also be seen as a reaction to Bethany’s history of always running away from any hint of a potential relationship.

One minor thing that is definitely championing Team Kayleigh, apart from all the obvious reasons, is the name issue. Bethany is such a lovely name and is very difficult to adapt into a pet name. Beth becomes too bland, and ‘Bethy’ doesn’t work at all.

If Kayleigh and Bethany is to have a future then her infatuation for Sally needs to be exorcised, and Kayleigh’s background makes her eminently suitable for that, but the question is how Sally and Bethany could remain best friends, or even moderate friends, after that. How do you have a passing relationship with heroin after being an addict for a decade or more…?

Though it could be argued that their friendship in its current form, while founded on mutual experiences, is not based on honesty as Bethany habitually keeps a big part of herself hidden from Sally. In a way it arrives at the classic question from an angle: do you love me or the idea of me?

Which is also very thematic with Kayleigh’s work: learn to accept people for who they are or use conversion therapy and the like to change them into something ‘better’ and more suitable to your needs instead of theirs.

Time for the next chapter — onwards and upwards! 🙂

P.S.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

I find it immensely satisfying. Makes me wonder if JCMcNeilly is a clinical pyshologist IRL. What I'm learning is that unrequited love endured over a long enough period forms deep pathological patterns that must be "exorcised" before the unrequited lover is capable of giving and receiving love effectively.

I'm pulling for a happy ending. Anything else would take more than two installments to resolve.

5 stars all the way!

_robin_robinover 1 year ago

I had to give her as much joy and pleasure as possible before I ended up hurting us both.

This story is killing me. I can’t stand it.

CupidCupidCupidCupid6 months ago

Brilliantly written you can feel Bethany's building up inside her.

On a different note, speaking as someone from the UK, it's quite interesting to see the word 'bollocks', featured in a story written by an American. It is quintessentially the most British swear word around. It did made me chuckle when I read it!

CupidCupidCupidCupid6 months ago

Sorry for typo in my last message, as I was meant to say;

Brilliantly written, as you can feel Bethany's angst building up inside her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ooh this is just so good. I'm truly rooting for Kayleigh and Bethany. In the words of the song " There may be trouble ahead. But let's face the music and dance." Onwards to the next chapter BardnotBard

Martin594Martin5944 months ago

I want to grab Bethany by the shoulders and shake her and say "Wake up!" Then at the end of the chapter, reality sets in, it's not real. Dam, you are a great writer. I can't wait to read chapter 4. Thank you.

pope32767pope32767about 1 month ago

OMG, from "Goodnight Sweetheart" to "You Are My Sunshine", which my wife and I used to sing to our daughter as a lullaby, and then to our grandson ditto. This is getting uncanny.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJCMcNeilly@JCMcNeilly
Part 5 of Beautiful is up! Only one to go. Part six has been submitted, so it should be up soon. I hope everyone has enjoyed so far! I write lesbian romance. Sometimes sex comes quicker, sometimes not. but you won't find any one night stands or quickies in my work (unless n...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES